Random Politics & Religion #09

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 53 54 55
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-04 16:00:12  
Bloodrose said: »
We're a funny country. We're not supposed to be taken seriously. Except our beer and beef.

If we wanted people to take us seriously, we'd have our own Trump and Hillary.
You did have Harper....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 16:01:11  
Great, now I want to watch Double Dragon movie....
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 16:02:07  
He was a running gag, as was his family, for being emotionless robots.

We did have a "STOP HARPER!" movement... but all the moving it did was their mouths, saying that the government needed to stop creating jobs, job skills programs, and career education programs, and adopt a Marxist/Leninist approach to government.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 16:02:40  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Why watch the movie, when you can PLAY THE GAME! (With or without Battletoads!)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 16:04:46  
My NES is in storage at the moment.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-04 16:05:40  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
It's pretty clear Trump doesn't understand geopolitics if he'd even entertain such ideas. Nukes in any form or shape would change life as we know it across the globe. You don't even talk about that type of ***in jest.

It'd basically castrate the global economy and destroy the tenuous peace we've all had the pleasure living in since WWII.
A guy who has never held a public office doesn't know ***about geopolitics?

Who knew?
So you're saying Trump isn't familiar with mutually assured destruction or hasn't bothered to read up on the serious topics he'd face as POTUS? Seriously? We don't talk about nuking allies even if its a contingency plan somewhere. Keep 'em guessing. Shut up.

Someone get this guy a copy of The Art of War or something.
He has claimed he doesn't read....
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 16:07:52  
You fail as a gamer.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-04 16:09:11  
Ramyrez said: »
So, if I say that I heard Clinton said she will dine on all of the firstborns of America, you won't say that's libel?
If you have a source and you truly believe it's accurate (or if you're playing the satire angle, which is a different subject almost entirely), no.

If you say/write it knowing it's absolutely false and try to pass it off as fact, then yes.
Like "death panels?"

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 16:14:51  
You fail as a gamer.
In my defense, everything is in storage while I'm living with my father. It's kindof hard to take care of yourself when you are a human version of the Tower of Pisa.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 16:15:51  
Phoenix Wright has heard your defense.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 16:16:14  
eslim said: »
why read when u can pay someone for the tl;dr version ?
TL:DR version

Harry killed Voldermort.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 16:16:35  
Are you watching the anime? That ***is awesome!
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 16:17:33  
Not yet, but it's on my watch list.

I used to watch Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, funny as hell.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 16:21:08  
Not yet, but it's on my watch list.

I used to watch Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, funny as hell.
They are showing the actual cases from the games.

Already finished the first game (Season 1), showing Justice for All (Season 2) and started on the second case (past the intro case).

Can't wait for them to show the 3rd case, that ***was crazy when I played it.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 16:23:55  
why read when u can pay someone for the tl;dr version ?
TL:DR version

Harry killed Voldermort.
brahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- i was just about to watch the entire series of harry potter for the first time.. u ruined it for me !!
You probably don't want to watch Star Wars then.

Darth Vader, who happens to be Luke's father, kills the Emperor at the end before Disney *** up the storyline.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 16:25:36  
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 16:32:28  
ya.. more booblehead characters..
Wait, somebody else is running for president now?

We already got Hillary booblehead, Trump's hair booblehead (comes with a head attached, just ignore it), and Johnson "Who the hell is this doofus" bobblehead.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-04 16:48:03  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Libel is making ***up about a person and publishing it as fact with intent on injuring the persons reputation. Taking someone's own words out of context is not libel.
I think he's focusing more on the deliberate misrepresentation portion of libel rather than the blatant lie, but from the legal standpoint it's simply not libel either way, no matter how much he wants it to be.
Which is why the law should be re-written to include that. Which, I'm sure, Trump will present legislation for consideration.

Which is what the media is truly afraid of. I mean, they would be stuck at reporting the news, instead of spreading lies and misrepresentations like they love to do.

And people wonder why the general public has a deep mistrust of the media.
Canada has a law which prevents news organizations from lying. Its why there is no FOX Canada.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-04 16:49:52  
Fine, attack Trump when he says stupid ***like that.

Just don't make ***up to attack him with.
We don't need to make stupid ***up to attack him. He makes up quite enough stupid ***all by himslef.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-08-04 17:04:22  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
My instinct is that this is all smoke and no fire. If Trump had lost 10% popularity in the last week, how come his rallies are still packed with people to the point where people cannot get in?
Because when they are offered larger venues, he turns them down. Then makes a big fuss about how the local fire marshall is trying to enforce the max occupancy of the venue. which moving to a large location would solve.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-08-04 17:09:28  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
On a side note, why is a long-form birth certificate not required to become president in the first place, regardless of what you look like? There's more scrutiny required to get a mortgage for a double wide than there is to inhabit the White House.
So, if you are born in the US, but at a time in history or a state where long form birth certificates aren't even a thing, it means you should be barred from running for president?
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-04 17:14:58  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Fine, attack Trump when he says stupid ***like that.

Just don't make ***up to attack him with.
We don't need to make stupid ***up to attack him. He makes up quite enough stupid ***all by himslef.

Good. Now convince the media of that.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-04 17:18:17  
Speaking of making ***up....

Trump Repeats Apparent False Claim of Iran Cash Transfer Video

ABC

Quote:
Donald Trump again referred to a video he claims to have seen of the $400 million exchange between the U.S. and Iran — despite his campaign saying otherwise.

"You know, it was interesting because a tape was made," Trump said to supporters at a rally in Portland, Maine, today. "You know why the tape was given to us? Because they want to embarrass our country."

Trump initially discussed a video of the exchange in detail at a rally in Florida yesterday. However, Trump's campaign told ABC News today that Trump was referring to footage he saw on Fox News of the American prisoners released in Geneva.

Furthermore, multiple senior government officials, including Secretary of State John Kerry, have cast doubt on the existence of such a video....
There is more including a flash video of the speech....
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-04 17:23:10  
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
On a side note, why is a long-form birth certificate not required to become president in the first place, regardless of what you look like? There's more scrutiny required to get a mortgage for a double wide than there is to inhabit the White House.
So, if you are born in the US, but at a time in history or a state where long form birth certificates aren't even a thing, it means you should be barred from running for president?

Yes. That is exactly what I meant. Clearly I didn't just mean that we should use the best verification available, and I obviously seek to bar people from running based on stupid technicalities.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-08-04 18:19:46  
This is the "false claim" you are going with? Not the outright lie the White House is trying to pass off that they did not pay a 400 Million dollar ransom to Iran in illegally laundered cash to get around our own Sanctions. You are something else Chanti. Really.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 18:32:23  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Libel is making ***up about a person and publishing it as fact with intent on injuring the persons reputation. Taking someone's own words out of context is not libel.
I think he's focusing more on the deliberate misrepresentation portion of libel rather than the blatant lie, but from the legal standpoint it's simply not libel either way, no matter how much he wants it to be.
Which is why the law should be re-written to include that. Which, I'm sure, Trump will present legislation for consideration.

Which is what the media is truly afraid of. I mean, they would be stuck at reporting the news, instead of spreading lies and misrepresentations like they love to do.

And people wonder why the general public has a deep mistrust of the media.
Canada has a law which prevents news organizations from lying. Its why there is no CNN Canada.
Fixed.

Seriously though, the media makes FOX NEWS seem fair and balanced.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 18:58:31  
FOX NEWS isn't really news, if they market themselves as entertainment. Most of their bites at, well, anything are for the sole purpose of creating entertainment, and why so many people on the right that have been on FOX news segments or talk panels, use that pesky thing they accuse the liberal media and liberals/progressives/democrats of using: "feelings". SO it can hardly be called "fair and balanced" by any stretch of the imagination.

They genuinely feel what they are saying is true, despite often times being overwhelmed by the evidence presented.

Also, instead of CNN or FOX, we have something worse. We have American news stations broadcasting more often than our Canadian news stations.
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 53 54 55