Another Square Enix Financial/Title Loss Report...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Another Square Enix Financial/Title Loss Report...
Another Square Enix Financial/Title Loss Report...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-04 12:17:57  
Blazed1979 said: »

/points a few posts up
By Blazed1979 2016-08-04 12:18:53  
Asura.Syto said: »
. If FFXI goes down. Everyone is going to blame this game.. XD :P
I won't be blaming anyone. The game had run almost 3x as long as its life expectancy. If I had to blame anyone/anything though I would blame PS2 and Xbox for having kept it from getting an overhaul when it was extremely profitable.

Defeated by the legacy of "PS2 limitations"
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 12:22:05  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
SE's $19 billion dollar per year profit company

Are you sure that is profit? You, up until this point, seemed to know what you were talking about. $19 USD Billion profit sounds like a unicorn.

Revenue I can believe. But profit, no lol.

EDIT: NVM, saw that your USD was a mistake and its yen. Yeah that sounds decent. 193 million in profit, very respectable.
I shown my evidence supporting my ¥19 billion per year claim.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-08-04 12:25:12  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Asura.Syto said: »
If FFXI goes down. Everyone is going to blame this game.. XD :P

No they won't

:P

By Blazed1979 2016-08-04 12:25:39  
You said $ originally. a few zeros difference between yen and USD.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 12:28:54  
You said $ originally. a few zeros difference between yen and USD.
Besides my original mistake, they still made ¥19 billion last FY.

It's both on page 1 and page 15 of the annual report.
 Asura.Regicide
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2016-08-04 12:29:41  
*** square i hope 15 wont suck as much as 13 i forced myself to finish 13 thinking maybe endgame is going to be awosome... The they shoukd stick to the classics no matter what if the title starts with final.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 12:34:49  
Asura.Regicide said: »
*** square i hope 15 wont suck as much as 13 i forced myself to finish 13 thinking maybe endgame is going to be awosome... The they shoukd stick to the classics no matter what if the title starts with final.
Can somebody give a "Regicide to English" translation please?
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2016-08-04 12:37:04  

True, I also hope that their next investment in FFXV is not going to flop. The graphics, graphic engine, battle systems alone seems worth trying it and buying it. I love how they are always using very high-end cutting edge technology to become the leaders of RPG development.

This one title, "I am Setsuna" was a good model experiment I believe. Hope it does better with time on the sales end. Monitoring it's success/progress is very interesting in the marketing perspective.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-08-04 12:39:08  
SE stopped making good FF titles when SS became SE. Though saying that I am mega hype for the FFXII remake probably more than I am for FFXV.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2016-08-04 12:41:16  
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
SE stopped making good FF titles when SS became SE. Though saying that I am mega hype for the FFXII remake probably more than I am for FFXV.
I can't feel anything else but respect for you! a person who appreciates FFXII deserves a place on this planet. The rest of you need to gtfo and stop reproducing.
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-04 12:42:51  
FFXIII led him on, making him think it was going to get better but never did. I don't see how this is so hard to understand, probably because I hated FFXIII.

Now everyone calm down.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-04 12:43:06  
12 would likely have been great if Matsuno hadn't left when he did
[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-08-04 12:43:09  

Quote:
I certainly hope that Final Fantasy 15 is a higher quality game than Final Fantasy 13. I struggled to enjoy FF13, but I powered through it in hopes of a payoff at the end through some form of superior end-game or post-story content. Sadly my hopes did not come to fruition.

I feel that the older games had a more satisfactory formula in place in regards to end-game content. I sure would enjoy a game that allows me to enjoy an in depth post-game experience without having to suffer through an uninspired and unenjoyable main story.

Yeah I am doing windows updates on a lot of images today, so kinda bored at work.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-08-04 12:47:32  
Also I think the information regarding the topic for the thread has been well presented, discussed as thoroughly as we as a community are capable of, and now posts are completely off topic. Maybe a mod can do a little locky-lock, wrap this one up early and call it a day, eh?
[+]
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2016-08-04 13:22:26  
Grumpy Cat said: »
Also I think the information regarding the topic for the thread has been well presented, discussed as thoroughly as we as a community are capable of, and now posts are completely off topic. Maybe a mod can do a little locky-lock, wrap this one up early and call it a day, eh?

No. There is still so much more potential to get reported. I need to score more points from you bro... XD :P
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 13:27:49  
12 felt to me like the story ended way to quickly. Too many loose ends needed tying.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-04 13:33:26  
12 felt to me like the story ended way to quickly. Too many loose ends needed tying.

Matsuno was the guy writing it

Quote:
Matsuno reportedly was temperamental and refused to come to work for a month after part of the Final Fantasy XII team had left Square Enix to join Hironobu Sakaguchi's new company Mistwalker.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-04 13:37:15  

The only truth there is. Best time was Millenium edition of all those Xenogears and FFT titles.

With Hironobu leaving, we lost FF.
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2016-08-04 13:39:26  
I really love loved ff12 loved the battle system agreed story got rushed half way through but love all the side quest loved the chars, just did spend hours on top of hours playing it
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-04 13:44:11  
Cerberus.Immortalmoon said: »
loved the chars
Huh..
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 13:49:03  

Matsuno was the guy writing it

Quote:
Matsuno reportedly was temperamental and refused to come to work for a month after part of the Final Fantasy XII team had left Square Enix to join Hironobu Sakaguchi's new company Mistwalker.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-08-04 14:07:39  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Cerberus.Immortalmoon said: »
loved the chars
Huh..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-08-04 16:08:30  
Ragnarok.Primex said: »
I can't feel anything else but respect for you! a person who appreciates FFXII deserves a place on this planet. The rest of you need to gtfo and stop reproducing.
I immensely enjoyed FFXII's battle system. Going through the story and hunts along the way was more challenging than any other FF title I played.
Can I have some of that respect too?
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-08-04 16:11:40  
it isn't being remade, it is only an hd remaster <.<
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 16:12:06  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Ragnarok.Primex said: »
I immensely enjoyed FFXII's battle system. Going through the story and hunts along the way was more challenging than any other FF title I played.
Can I have some of that respect too?
No, but you can have some of this delicious spaghetti.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-08-04 17:49:02  
eslim said: »
i bought FF13 and FF13-2 (didn't even open the packaging for FF13-2......)

i ended up playing my mobile game for the freedom aspect of it >_>

ps- why not allow the ps vita to mirror the PS console from a wifi connection ? like i can buy a season pass for PS online or somefin..
That's a shame, FFIII-2 was streets better than FFXIII