Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread
Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 71 72 73
By Ramyrez 2016-08-17 09:30:56  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Bloodrose said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »
eliroo said: »
Imma second amendment all over the place.

Just making sure you know... the 2nd amendment is not the right to masturbate in public....
It should be!
Is that a pistol in your pocket?
No don't worry, it's just a ***.

Accord to the MPAA, a *** is way more dangerous.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-17 09:32:17  
Candlejack said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Ramyrez said: »
The reason he was shooting at me was because no one woke him up on the first day of deer season.

Full disclosure is necessary, GB. You have to acknowledge that is a fairly egregious sin if you're from huntin' parts.
Deer season is vacation for us, we don't wake you. You want to be up early? Set an alarm. Not to mention he never hunts early morning anyway. He gets up and drives 45 minutes to town to go to McDonald's so his claim of wanting to be up to hunt is false. In reality, he just had a psycho snap and went up and down the trail, firing in every direction, including mine at point blank range. He's no longer allowed to go hunting with us and we are no longer on speaking terms with him. No one is, really.

He did finally admit to shooting "once" but in reality he shot 19 times. (Went through a box, dropping round on the trail, 19)
GB, far be it from me to meddle in someone else's familial affairs, but your family really should push to have your cousin committed if he's being a danger to himself and others.
I dunno how to do that. The powers that be will ignore most things and you can't convince him of anything when he's always right. He still believes what he did was ok.
By eliroo 2016-08-17 09:32:29  
If anything it incites the ignorant sheep to think he was.

But as a politician you have to understand the power your words carry, and be aware that you are culpable if someone who isn't in their mind takes them the wrong way.

Sorry, I kind of stopped reading here. This is a problem. It doesn't matter what you say people can easily find a way to twist your words. People should definitely be aware of how their words can be taken but it isn't their fault if people take their words to the extreme.

In the case of trump and the "2nd Amendment" that was easily media spun and to far extreme of all the possible intentions of his statements.

We are only responsible for our words but now how people interpret them. It is impossible for me to say something and guarantee that you do not take it the wrong way.

The media and sensationalists are the problems in this instance not the man speaking. You will find that a lot of his statements are warped and turned into soundbytes that are out of context. People use them to create a story based on what he said to fit their agenda.

Don't get me wrong, Trump has said some ridiculous stuff but a lot of stuff is taken out of context and warped by the media and then fed to the sheep.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-17 09:33:43  
Nobody thinks Trump is dumb enough to blatantly say "go shoot someone."
Except for the media. And the political commentators. And Clinton supporters.

However, a small minority are crazy ***' lunatics who read in that "Hey! She's gonna take your rights! Shoot her!"
Same can be said about Clinton supporters.

I mean, how many riots were at Trump rallies this year alone? Those were not caused by Trump supporters...

Their message is "Hey! He's going to take your rights! Kill him!"

Trump knows exactly what he's doing every step of the way.
Yes, yes he does.

That's why he is playing all of us like fiddles. We are a country of fiddles here.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-17 09:36:15  
The reason he was shooting at me was because no one woke him up on the first day of deer season.

Full disclosure is necessary, GB. You have to acknowledge that is a fairly egregious sin if you're from huntin' parts.
Deer season is vacation for us, we don't wake you. You want to be up early? Set an alarm. Not to mention he never hunts early morning anyway. He gets up and drives 45 minutes to town to go to McDonald's so his claim of wanting to be up to hunt is false. In reality, he just had a psycho snap and went up and down the trail, firing in every direction, including mine at point blank range. He's no longer allowed to go hunting with us and we are no longer on speaking terms with him. No one is, really.

He did finally admit to shooting "once" but in reality he shot 19 times. (Went through a box, dropping round on the trail, 19)

My uncle never lets me forget the time I always blew his foot off when the palm-side of my knuckle set off the hair-trigger pistol I was carrying.

You know, the one he handed to me, loaded and chambered, with the safety off...
By eliroo 2016-08-17 09:36:59  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Trump knows exactly what he's doing every step of the way.
Yes, yes he does.

That's why he is playing all of us like fiddles. We are a country of fiddles here.

Both of our presidential candidates are playing us like fiddles. The Media is playing us like fiddles. We are just tools that believe every bit of propaganda thrown our way at this point.

I personally think we should de-celebritize(made up word) the presidential race and put regulations on the media to ensure that there isn't a dollar bill pushing all of their words.

Problem is that propaganda and years of conditioning has made an idea as simple as this seem communist and therefore bad.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-17 09:38:33  
You'd think you'd get tired of being wrong.

First off, the main concern with Trump is that he will further break the economy, set equality back to the 1850's, and screw up our foreign relations to make new ones with countries we really don't want to be associated with.

No one has called for him to be killed and if anyone is afraid of a GoP politician taking away rights, it's probably be Pence that would cause it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-17 09:39:49  
In the case of trump and the "2nd Amendment" that was easily media spun and to far extreme of all the possible intentions of his statements.
It's not just that case.

Practically anything/everything Trump says is taken way out of context. And even some of the things he didn't say either.

The media and sensationalists are the problems in this instance not the man speaking.
And they are slowly becoming irrelevant because of it.

Clinton supporters/voters will listen because they care more about drama than they do about policy.

Trump supporters/voters won't listen because of the way the media skews practically everything.

This will continue far beyond this election cycle. As the media continues to create false stories for the sake of revenue, more people will stop listening to them until it comes to the point that nobody will listen to the media anymore (or worse, start listening to idiots like Alex Jones) and they will have killed off themselves because of it.

I'm all for the media reaping what they have sewn, but I'm not looking for the increased popularity of "alternative" outlets, like conspiracy theorists on young turds turks or infowars.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-17 09:40:18  

GB, far be it from me to meddle in someone else's familial affairs, but your family really should push to have your cousin committed if he's being a danger to himself and others.
I dunno how to do that. The powers that be will ignore most things and you can't convince him of anything when he's always right. He still believes what he did was ok.
You have evidence of his violent outburst and mental instability, take'im to court and ask a judge to have him committed.
We just have several witnesses. Also, this happened years ago so they wouldn't even hear it. That's how OK works.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-17 09:42:05  

No one has called for him to be killed and if anyone is afraid of a GoP politician taking away rights, it's probably be Pence that would cause it.
You'd think you'd get tired of being wrong yourself.

San Diego death threats to Trump

[Mod Edit: Profanity in image. - AnnaMolly]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-17 09:43:57  

That isn't a threat, it's an observation.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-17 09:45:41  

So is the "2nd Amendment people" remark.

But hey, let's make one a threat and the other an observation. Which one's which depends on your political affiliation.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-17 09:46:06  
Oh ***, you are right.

Sorry, didn't see that.
By eliroo 2016-08-17 09:47:42  

First off, the main concern with Trump is that he will further break the economy, set equality back to the 1850's, and screw up our foreign relations to make new ones with countries we really don't want to be associated with.

The main fear is the unknown when it comes to who he will nominate for supreme court justice. People assume it will be a republican justice and with the house having republican majority it will easily pass.

Hillary will most likely nominate someone with cash that Payed to play.

The fear on either side is irrational and mostly unknown.

I personally think that the Justices may have too much power if they can easily sway an election.

Another thing that people forget is that the president really can't make most of the changes they claim on their platform. They can approve or Veto changes but they can't ensure they get passed.

The house is currently republican, and while Trump is a republican his voting record is pretty crazy and his ideology doesn't line up with most republicans.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-17 09:47:54  

So is the "2nd Amendment people" remark.

But hey, let's make one a threat and the other an observation. Which one's which depends on your political affiliation.
I said the same thing about the 2nd amendment comment, but I can see why the backlash. Trump should pick his words more carefully when running for president.
By eliroo 2016-08-17 09:51:45  
This will continue far beyond this election cycle. As the media continues to create false stories for the sake of revenue, more people will stop listening to them until it comes to the point that nobody will listen to the media anymore (or worse, start listening to idiots like Alex Jones) and they will have killed off themselves because of it.

I'm all for the media reaping what they have sewn, but I'm not looking for the increased popularity of "alternative" outlets, like conspiracy theorists on young turds turks or infowars.

This won't happen though. Democrats will eat everything CNN feeds them and Republicans will eat from Fox News cereal bowl of lies.

The media problem will never be fixed and if anything will only get worse and worse as technology gets better and better.

The media controls what most people see and if no regulation is placed on them then we will continue to fall into a pit hole of propaganda until corporate greed brings american down.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-17 10:00:11  
I am not sure I fully understand the problem your americans seem to have with news media(I've never watched one). Do they mix news and debates in the same setting?

Cause in Italy when you turn on the news and the topic is politics you get something like
*voiceover* The pm today talked in front of the parliament saying x <clip of the talk>
And then the opposition swiftly reacted <clip of the reply>

Then of course there also shows where they debate politics, but those aren't information, they are entertainment and the moderators tend to be quite obvious in their bias.
By eliroo 2016-08-17 10:10:17  
I am not sure I fully understand the problem your americans seem to have with news media(I've never watched one). Do they mix news and debates in the same setting?

Cause in Italy when you turn on the news and the topic is politics you get something like
*voiceover* The pm today talked in front of the parliament saying x <clip of the talk>

Then of course there also shows where they debate politics, but those aren't information, they are entertainment and the moderators tend to be quite obvious in their bias.

The media is funded by political activists. For example, Fox News is funded by the Koch family who pretty much invented the modern republican party.

Because they are funded their news reports are extremely biased and sensationalist when it comes to political events. They spin the media to fit their narrative. A good example would be the 2nd Amendment comment from Trump. It was clearly taken out of context and blasted across all media outlets that are funded by democrats. While things like Hillary's email scandal would be briefly mentioned and mentioned in a way that makes Hillary look good.

In general the news does fine reporting on events but when the events they are reporting on can be twisted to fit their agenda they will address them as such.

We have no regulation on the media and they are corporately owned.

Capitalism is great in some aspects but key functions should be controlled by corporate america but rather by the government itself. At this point though the government is basically ran by corporations as it is.
By eliroo 2016-08-17 10:11:10  
shouldn't be controller*

Why can't I edit on this forum?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-17 10:12:39  
Sorry but that's not really an answer.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-17 10:13:42  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
I don't know about anyone else but I am greatly looking forward to restoring the Constitutional Republic of the United States of America and tearing down this farce of Hollywood representation in Washington DC.
YES! We must replace Hollywood movie representation in Washington DC with New York city reality TV representation in Washington DC
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-17 10:22:49  

Eh, we have more of the latter. And what's worse is that the "news" portions are often cherry picked and edited to cast one side in a positive light, and the opposition in a negative light. There really aren't many news sites anymore out there that just report the facts and the facts alone. Everyone has to have their spin on it, and it's almost always painfully obvious which way they lean.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-17 10:23:20  

The 24 hours news cycle in the US with stations like CNN and CSPAN has turned into an ongoing entertainment industry vying for viewership more than trying to deliver objective journalism, so everything is spun and exaggerated and Chicken Littled to get eyeballs on their ads.

It's basically turned into reality TV. Lowest common denominator garbage. Which is why Trump is doing so well. And Hillary too, really.

US Politics has forever been an amalgamated circus of private interests punctuated by the occasional great statesman/woman.

We just like to pretend it was better before the advent of electricity and modern plumbing.

Dirty laundry sells. Always has, always will.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-17 10:23:43  
Or, for a more modern representation:
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-17 10:24:00  
The media problem will never be fixed and if anything will only get worse and worse as technology gets better and better.

The media controls what most people see and if no regulation is placed on them then we will continue to fall into a pit hole of propaganda until corporate greed brings american down.
It can be fixed.

Bring back the fairness doctrine or adopt a Canadian style no lies in news shows type law.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-17 10:24:45  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

It can be fixed.

Bring back the fairness doctrine or adopt a Canadian style no lies in news shows type law.

*waits for the detractors*
By eliroo 2016-08-17 10:26:29  

It does when it comes to explaining why we have a problem with our media.

Quote:
Do they mix news and debates in the same setting?

If this is your actual question it would take place like this:

Trump says : I like cats
Media headline: Trump says that dogs shouldn't exist.
Media plays snipped of trump saying: " I like cats, cats are great"
Media has host talk about how this statement can mean that he wants all dogs to die.
Media outlets right articles with the clip and explain all the ways it can mean this way.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 71 72 73