Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread
Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 71 72 73
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-17 10:26:38  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
eliroo said: »
The media problem will never be fixed and if anything will only get worse and worse as technology gets better and better.

The media controls what most people see and if no regulation is placed on them then we will continue to fall into a pit hole of propaganda until corporate greed brings american down.
It can be fixed.

Bring back the fairness doctrine or adopt a Canadian style no lies in news shows type law.

Can you imagine the likes of Fox, CNN, or MSNBC just reporting the news with no slant, no lies, no agenda? The staff would have aneurisms.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-17 10:27:40  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Can you imagine the likes of Fox, CNN, or MSNBC just reporting the news with no slant, no lies, no agenda? The staff would have aneurisms.

Film that.

I would pay to watch that.

A bunch of ad executives foaming at the mouth because they can't dictate news based on advertising revenue?

Oh my god. I might even get back into journalism for that.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-08-17 10:29:01  
eliroo said: »
The media problem will never be fixed and if anything will only get worse and worse as technology gets better and better.

The media controls what most people see and if no regulation is placed on them then we will continue to fall into a pit hole of propaganda until corporate greed brings american down.
It can be fixed.

Bring back the fairness doctrine or adopt a Canadian style no lies in news shows type law.

They would find a loophole.

But I do agree regulations need to be in place.

We should stop focusing on stupid issues like gun control and focus on media control.

The problem is that the media would never bring such legislation to light and if it gets too big all of the news outlets would make it look like the worst bill ever.

I fear it may be to late.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-17 10:32:08  
On a related note, have you seen how CNN's ratings have been crashing lately? They've fallen behind MSNBC. People are starting to realize how crappy the network has become now that it has lost all sense of objectivity.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-17 10:33:13  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I am not sure I fully understand the problem your americans seem to have with news media(I've never watched one). Do they mix news and debates in the same setting? ...
You can watch American news programing on the web.

The individual pieces that are often attached to web news articles aren't really a help. Too short and focused.

They slant coverage and present opinion as fact.

When I was a kid news was presented as documentary. Later they slipped into news as drama. Today its strictly revenue directed entertainment, think news as reality show, and about as scripted.

To get an idea you will have to devote hours watching our national news programing and our Sunday gasbag shows don't count. If you go this route may God have mercy on your soul.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-17 10:35:57  
Sounds good to me.

Eliroo the edit function was removed in hopes that people might think before hitting "submit". It didn't really work.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-17 10:37:49  
Later they slipped into news as drama.
This is the case here too, obviously.
Tragedies are no longer something to report, but something to broadcast in a loop 24/7 with as much pathos and emphasis on hopelessness as possible.

"Hundreds of people dead, let's watch the video"
*video of destruction and people desparing*
"We interviewed survivors, let's watch"
*interview+more images of the same as before*
"Our expert has an opinion on this"
*expert+double images of the tragedy again*
...and so on.

Journalists have forgotten the difference between reporting and celebrating.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-17 10:38:20  
Sounds good to me.

Eliroo the edit function was removed in hopes that people might think before hitting "submit". It didn't really work.

Ah the fevered dream of days gone by.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-17 10:47:40  
Sorry but that's not really an answer.
Short answer is that most of our media outlets have an agenda favoring one side or the other and twist the information they get to fit said agenda which influences and manipulates the public.

That's who US politics is a gigantic clusterfuck; the media.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-17 10:49:01  
Why*
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-17 10:51:03  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Why*
#Wings4Rooks

Also, you have the edit feature Kojo. Abuse it!
By eliroo 2016-08-17 10:52:16  
Sounds good to me.

Just a bit of a bother for those who just don't take time to proof read their typos, as long as double posts for corrections are allowed I can see that making sense.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-17 10:53:57  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Why*
#Wings4Rooks

Also, you have the edit feature Kojo. Abuse it!
I was asked not to.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-17 10:54:23  
Though sometimes I do forget I have it and others don't.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-17 10:56:36  
Abuse it~~~~~~

Abuse the power!!!!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-17 10:57:20  
Abuse it~~~~~~

Abuse the power!!!!
See you in a week.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-17 10:59:10  
Abuse it~~~~~~

Abuse the power!!!!
See you in a week.
/gigglesnorts
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-17 10:59:36  
Abuse it~~~~~~

Abuse the power!!!!
See you in a week.
You going to temp ban yourself?

....oh.....

well ***.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-17 11:24:32  
Easy now...
By fonewear 2016-08-17 18:19:45  
Candlejack said: »
Sorry but that's not really an answer.
Short answer is that most of our media outlets have an agenda favoring one side or the other and twist the information they get to fit said agenda which influences and manipulates the public.

That's who US politics is a gigantic clusterfuck; the media.
And to be fair, the far right side is nothing but a band of wild-eyed, unwashed, socially awkward degenerates who believe any lie or conspiracy theory Faux Noise, Alex Jones, and Rush Limbaugh feed them.
It kinda makes me feel sorry for someone like LG, who's never known the joys of researching opposing viewpoints.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-17 18:20:13  
Damn it my gif failed to activate one second !
By fonewear 2016-08-17 18:20:41  
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-17 18:23:02  
Speaking of socially awkward degenerates have you heard of FFXIAH ?
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-17 18:57:01  
I am not sure I fully understand the problem your americans seem to have with news media(I've never watched one). Do they mix news and debates in the same setting?

Cause in Italy when you turn on the news and the topic is politics you get something like
*voiceover* The pm today talked in front of the parliament saying x <clip of the talk>
And then the opposition swiftly reacted <clip of the reply>

Then of course there also shows where they debate politics, but those aren't information, they are entertainment and the moderators tend to be quite obvious in their bias.

Everything has to have "sides" to it. To example the only subject I made a comment on earlier in the thread, here's how media might talk about Climate Change:

Host: New study confirms that we have had our hottest July in over a century and have had the hottest month on record for well over a year now, here to talk about it is Bill Nye!

Bill Nye: Thanks for having me, Climate change is real.

Host: Thanks Bill! And now for the other side, here's Jessica, who is the media spokesperson for "*** Climate Change, that ***is a hoax" What do you have to say?

Jessica: Well, ***isn't real. I looked at the evidence, and I'll not give you any of it but I'll summarize it which means it isn't *** real.

YouTube Video Placeholder
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-08-17 19:16:11  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I am not sure I fully understand the problem your americans seem to have with news media(I've never watched one). Do they mix news and debates in the same setting?

Cause in Italy when you turn on the news and the topic is politics you get something like
*voiceover* The pm today talked in front of the parliament saying x <clip of the talk>
And then the opposition swiftly reacted <clip of the reply>

Then of course there also shows where they debate politics, but those aren't information, they are entertainment and the moderators tend to be quite obvious in their bias.

Everything has to have "sides" to it. To example the only subject I made a comment on earlier in the thread, here's how media might talk about Climate Change:

Host: New study confirms that we have had our hottest July in over a century and have had the hottest month on record for well over a year now, here to talk about it is Bill Nye!

Bill Nye: Thanks for having me, Climate change is real.

Host: Thanks Bill! And now for the other side, here's Jessica, who is the media spokesperson for "*** Climate Change, that ***is a hoax" What do you have to say?

Jessica: Well, ***isn't real. I looked at the evidence, and I'll not give you any of it but I'll summarize it which means it isn't *** real.

Getting off-topic, but...

[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-17 19:38:10  
Carlin is pretty on point as usual. The concern isn't that the planet will somehow disappear, it's that we'll have pure insanity dealing with it while trying to survive.

There are already massive heat waves in India melting the roads. Syria's problems were increased/caused by a massive drought. The scale of these things is only going to increase and I believe I read that by 2050 we'll have half a billion people that will no longer be able to live in their ancestral homeland and will need to relocate. If anyone thinks the Syrian refugees are an issue in their 13.5 million, we can all rejoice in having to deal with 500 million.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-17 20:53:05  
But hey, if climate change isn't real just buy distressed coastal property around Chesapeake bay and Florida's SE coast. You will SO clean up when the seas don't rise.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-08-17 21:01:14  
On a related note, have you seen how CNN's ratings have been crashing lately? They've fallen behind MSNBC. People are starting to realize how crappy the network has become now that it has lost all sense of objectivity.

You cannot have Don Lemon on the air and expect to be taken seriously as a network.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 71 72 73