users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Full BGW List For FFXI - Music Modding Questions
Full BGW List For FFXI - Music Modding Questions
 Siren.Kiyara
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-09-01 22:22:57  
Hello. Just wanted to see if there is a current version of the bgw list of all songs in FFXI within the program files. The latest one I saw was in 2010 I believe but I know a lot of new songs have been added since then.

Has a new database been put together for reference? Also, has the XiMC program been updated at all or is it still the original version being used? Is there a way to preview the music without having to convert each file using any sort of plugin? The Winamp one doesn't seem to work anymore because the files are encoded differently.

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-02 01:04:56  
Full song list, as listed by folder:
sound: Original Game, Abyssea, some Adoulin and WoTG, Rhapsodies
sound2: Rise of the Zilart
sound3: Chains of Promathia
sound4: ToAU
sound5: Wings of the Goddess
sound6: Addons
sound9: Half of Seekers of Adoulin

A few things to note:
- File format changed slightly over the years; Altana View will play just about anything pre-ToAU, but doesn't thereafter. Rhapsodies music and beyond will crash Altana View.
- XIMC still works as great as ever. If you need tips on using it properly (such as looping songs after an intro), lemme know.
- Aside from conversions and Altana View, the only other reliable way to listen to songs is to hear them in game. There exist addons to change songs in game under conditions you specify (manually or automatically).
[+]
 Siren.Kiyara
サーバ: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-09-02 02:23:31  
This was a big help, Jeanpaul. Thanks for the information. Really appreciate it.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-09-04 16:45:10  
this should be worthy of a sticky
By aeonova 2016-09-04 17:11:00  
With a little of this info thrown in, yes. https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/555735-final-fantasy-xi/faqs/30728
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-04 17:36:03  
A lot of the custom .bgw files I use in game (over 150) have come from this site: http://www.smashcustommusic.com/
The nice thing about it is that there are a massive amount of songs from games, and already set up for looping.

1) Navigate to the game the song you want is from, find the song, and download the BRSTM file.
2) Note that on the song's details page, a value is given for "Start Loop Point". Save that number.
3) Using a conversion program, convert the BRSTM file to .Wav.
4) Open a calculator and divide the Start Loop Point number by 16. Convert this new number to hexidecimal, and save that value.
5) In the WAV -> BGW section of XIMC, there's a box with a default value of 1. Replace the 1 with that hexidecimal value you got.
6) If that check box with a number if checked off, it'll save the output file as "music###.bgw", with the ### being whatever you put in that box. Uncheck the box or else you may save over other songs you've made.
7) Click on the top left button in the WAV -> BGW section and select the .wav file you are converting. In a short moment, it will be ready (unless it screwed up).

Note that you can replace songs while the game is going, but do not replace a song that is currently playing in game. If you are using extra songs (activated using Windower addons), you can simply give them a number that isn't being used (I use 800-899 cuz whatever) and store them in any of the folders listed above.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [265 days between previous and next post]
By Narua 2017-05-28 00:15:26  
Which addon are you speaking of, Jeanpaul?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-05-28 22:08:14  
Narua said: »
Which addon are you speaking of, Jeanpaul?
Setbgm addon to play music. I think jeanpaul has a different addon that does more than setbgm
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [280 days between previous and next post]
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-03-04 10:14:39  
Is there a method available to convert the FFXI to MP4?

Thank you. /bow
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-03-04 10:17:45  
Jeanpaul wrote:
>> - XIMC still works as great as ever. If you need tips on using
>> it properly (such as looping songs after an intro), lemme know.

Yes, please, what is XIMC and how does one use it?

Will XIMC convert FFXI music to MP4 or similar?

Thank you.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [529 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Mcflurry
サーバ: Asura
user: McFlurry
By Asura.Mcflurry 2019-08-15 07:03:30  
Coming back to XI after a while. Does anyone have the titles and/or contexts of the new music since this thread was created? Looking at the file timestamps since music067.bgw (the last listed in SOA in post 1) it looks like there are 35 new .bgw files across all sound directories:

046-056
068 (two of these)
069-090

Most of these will be ROV but not sure about the rest - Ambu/Dyna2/SR etc.?

As a verifier count I have 209 .bgw files inside FFXI directory (not including POL).

Finally, the last time I tried extracting the .bgws some time ago I had a good chunk that failed. Using the latest vgmstream I was quite pleased to find all 209 now convert without any issues. By default it will loop the audio (so the song plays twice) and fade nicely at the end with no additional parameters.

Latest release is here (test.zip contains newest build):

https://github.com/losnoco/vgmstream/releases
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-08-15 07:33:01  
Use the setbgm addon code for the list.

https://github.com/Windower/Lua/blob/dev/addons/setbgm/setbgm.lua
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [385 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-03 12:57:50  
Is there a command for setbgm that would force it to call a random bgm instead of selecting them manually by number?

I'd love it if I could use setbgm with my mount macro at the same time to force a random track. That would be friggin' wonderful. I know MountMuzzle, know how to swap music dats, know how to create custom music dats, and such... but messing with plugins isn't my cup of tea.

I had good luck asking here before for addon creation/assistance so maybe someone will see this and know a method to get setbgm to have a randomize command.

Could someone work on this maybe, please?

On a random note, on //setbgm list, track 72 and 72 are labeled backwards.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [179 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Winterlight
By Sylph.Winterlight 2021-03-01 18:57:58  
Does anyone know which bgw file the unmute-able PlayOnline song that comes on initially?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [77 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Mecorx
サーバ: Odin
user: mecorx
By Odin.Mecorx 2021-05-18 06:05:04  
That's either:

...\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\data\system\Movie\Music_(by_Noriko_Matsueda).112.bgw

YouTube Video Placeholder

or

...\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\data\system\bgm\Dolphin_(by_Noriko_Matsueda).113.bgw

YouTube Video Placeholder
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [87 days between previous and next post]
By eeternal 2021-08-13 17:41:11  
2 questions about setbgm:

- is it possible to randomly select songs and play it
- when selecting a song and zoning, it changes the song to default, is there a way to fix this?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [175 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2022-02-05 03:05:02  
Does anyone have XIMC ANYWHERE?! Every single link for converting music files, that i have found, is broken or doesnt work or doesnt exit anymore. Its an absolute nightmare. Even the FFXIDats site doesnt have it for download.

Does anyone have it on google drive or something that can share it?

Thanks!
By Draylo 2022-02-05 05:24:57  
I think I still have it on my old PC, I never used it again after I converted some moogle chime from FF9 for the /tell. I'll see if I can find it and if it works. I think it was uploaded to that carieedats site, but no idea if its still around.
 Asura.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2022-02-06 08:46:23  
Draylo said: »
I think I still have it on my old PC, I never used it again after I converted some moogle chime from FF9 for the /tell. I'll see if I can find it and if it works. I think it was uploaded to that carieedats site, but no idea if its still around.

that would be awesome, thanks! Yeh that site doesnt seem to have any of the downloads on it amymore.
 Hades.Ferusio
サーバ: Hades
user: Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2022-02-06 10:07:13  
Draylo said: »
I have had the problem, I would appreciate this as well, been thinking to remix a bunch of the tunes in the game mainly to help the tempo of the game go a bit faster, having a chance to use the sound as it is in game would help!
By RadialArcana 2022-02-06 10:09:51  
If you want to change the new mount music for the old chocobo music or use airship music:

New mount music is XI/Sound/win/music/data/music084.bgw

Change that to music084backup.bgw

Copy

Airship: XI/sound/win/music/data/music128.bgw
Old Chocobo:XI/sound2/win/music/data/music212.bgw

copy either of these to the top folder location and rename it to music084.bgw, make sure it's renamed to 084 and not 84.
By RadialArcana 2022-02-06 10:10:51  
XiMC.exe 0.04
[+]