フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Building an Aeonic Weapon
Building an Aeonic Weapon
 Odin.Ehleni
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2016-10-03 11:51:31  
Hey!

Just got a quick question. More and more people are finishing their Aeonic Weapons.

I myself do not have that much playtime to go by and it's tough to get a schedule going because I got 1½ year old son who needs my attention.

My question is, is it possible to semi-solo an Aeonic Weapon? I'm thinking about building the 50k Escha Beads. As I understand, they are obtainable by killing Escha NM's. Are some soloable or do you need a 6 man party?
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-03 12:10:13  
You will not be able to solo an Aeonic. This will require a decently skilled and competent party/alliance to defeat the level 145-150 NMs in Escha.

Others in the 135 and below range are soloable or "soloable" with trusts, but require a good amount of skill as a player to achieve. Overall, that doesn't mater as you can not solo the HELMs in Reisenjima or Kirin and Warden of Courage in Ru'Aun.

-SR
[+]
By Nocki 2016-10-03 12:29:01  
I'd say aeonics are the only ultimate weapon that you can't solo.
They require no currency, and can't be bought (except through mercing). 17/85 of the NMs have never been reported as being killed by only 1 person.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-03 12:46:29  
Quetzalcoatl.Pafos said: »
You will not be able to solo an Aeonic. This will require a decently skilled and competent party/alliance to defeat the level 145-150 NMs in Escha.

Others in the 135 and below range are soloable or "soloable" with trusts, but require a good amount of skill as a player to achieve. Overall, that doesn't mater as you can not solo the HELMs in Reisenjima or Kirin and Warden of Courage in Ru'Aun.

-SR

This guy who is "self-banned" from FFXIAH forums is correct.

A casual player isn't likely to be able to handle the 135 NM's solo either, but entirely possible to contribute to a group to do so.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-10-03 14:18:29  
Nocki said: »
17/85 of the NMs have never been reported as being killed by only 1 person.
1 character, not person

85/85 soloed reliably
[+]
By Nocki 2016-10-03 14:59:17  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
1 character, not person

85/85 soloed reliably
I knew someone was gonna point that out, was too lazy to fix.
And 1 person doing it involves a lot of complex things most people don't have access too along with at least 6 well-geared characters.
[+]
By Taffy 2016-10-03 15:04:02  
1 character, not person

85/85 soloed reliably

I would love to see a stream or video of 1 person soloing Albumen. Or Erinys. ***or any of the Reisenjima T3, Helms or WoC for that matter.

I'm not saying it cannot be done but until I see it I have to call bull sheet. Actually, I am saying it cannot be done. I don't see it being possible with the time limits and mechanics combined.

Edit: 1 character is what I am questioning - If someone is good enough to OctoBox then maybe I can see it. With that being said if you can Octobox these NM's reliably I'll hire you tomorrow to come work for me!
 Asura.Avallon
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-03 15:05:29  
1 character, not person

85/85 soloed reliably
I knew someone was gonna point that out, was too lazy to fix.
And 1 person doing it involves a lot of complex things most people don't have access too along with at least 6 well-geared characters.

By Taffy 2016-10-03 15:11:43  
I want that rig.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-10-03 15:23:51  
Taffy said: »
1 character, not person

85/85 soloed reliably

I would love to see a stream or video of 1 person soloing Albumen. Or Erinys. ***or any of the Reisenjima T3, Helms or WoC for that matter.

I'm not saying it cannot be done but until I see it I have to call bull sheet. Actually, I am saying it cannot be done. I don't see it being possible with the time limits and mechanics combined.

Edit: 1 character is what I am questioning - If someone is good enough to OctoBox then maybe I can see it. With that being said if you can Octobox these NM's reliably I'll hire you tomorrow to come work for me!
duodecabox, but yea
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-03 15:47:49  
brodecahedron
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-03 15:57:55  
Taffy said: »
1 character, not person

85/85 soloed reliably

What you need to hire is a bunch of codes :p
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [749 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Chasuro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2018-10-22 10:56:59  
That monitor tree is the size of the 65" I play ffxi on.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [776 days between previous and next post]
By Galkapryme 2020-12-06 03:16:25  
Bismarck.Chasuro said: »
That monitor tree is the size of the 65" I play ffxi on.

Yeha, I played mine on a 65" curve, and it offered up a lot of real estate. Whenever I get back stateside, I will be looking into the larger TV sizes to do the same. Easy to multibox when you have so much screen.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-12-06 04:10:25  
Necropryme huzzah!