フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 141 142 143
 Siren.Hillclimb
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Hillclimb
By Siren.Hillclimb 2020-02-29 22:26:31  
I was doing 396 with my enspell. I didnt have an orph sash, or the best enhancing set. but i imagine it could be better, but not enough to be earth shattering on the kill time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2020-02-29 22:58:52  
406 with chaac belt, 469 with sash, and 515 day proc. I might be missing some other gear too but it's not a huge improvement. Enspell damage is peanuts for sure, but improving your enhancing set will also help with Temper.

Rather than take forever on VD, I ran less accuracy for more DW on Difficult. Sabo priority should be Frazzle 2>3, Distract 3, Slow/Para/Silence. I stopped casting Addle altogether, Odin has near instant cast. Blind would probably mitigate more damage in the long run, but less time casting = more dps.
By Chimerawizard 2020-03-01 05:39:09  
Took me <10min per solo N. Tried D but had to reapply silence too much and decided it's just better/safer to spam N.

I get 507 enspell dmg w/o day proc. (of the below set, I'm missing the fencer ring and malignance)
ItemSet 370884
cape: dex, acc, dw
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-03-01 06:41:04  
How did you find the drop rate on N? I’m not trying to make this Lilith v2 and do 200+ runs xD
By Chimerawizard 2020-03-01 06:48:38  
not bad, generally saw 2 drops per full set of merits. However I usually had a friend who brought thf & bard bacause she wanted drops as well.
th9 is nice. as is cap haste.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2020-03-01 11:25:53  
It took me about 30-40 kills for all drops on Difficult.

ItemSet 371586

406 with chaac belt, 469 with sash, and 515 day proc. Dex/Acc/DW cape.

Fencer's ring on higher difficulties might be problematic. Even with Stoneskin/Phalanx/Shell, at 75% HP there's a chance Drain can one shot you.
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-05 08:46:22  
I've gotten to the point where i think i can start soloing the Omen bosses;
Anyone able to give me a primer on what to expect?

i'm thinking Fu, Gin, and Kin, are going to be the most reasonable solos, while Kei/Kyou, are gonna be difficult solo.
Ou looks like he can probably be done with two tank trusts and smart positioning.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-05 09:11:49  
Chimerawizard said: »
Took me <10min per solo N. Tried D but had to reapply silence too much and decided it's just better/safer to spam N.

I get 507 enspell dmg w/o day proc. (of the below set, I'm missing the fencer ring and malignance)
ItemSet 370884
cape: dex, acc, dw

When doing normal, do you constantly keep shadows up? He was hitting me pretty hard on normal whenever i let shadows drop.
By SimonSes 2020-03-05 09:18:35  
Cerberus.Hideka said: »
I've gotten to the point where i think i can start soloing the Omen bosses;
Anyone able to give me a primer on what to expect?

i'm thinking Fu, Gin, and Kin, are going to be the most reasonable solos, while Kei/Kyou, are gonna be difficult solo.
Ou looks like he can probably be done with two tank trusts and smart positioning.

Lute FFXI

This is the link to Kyou, but you can check his other videos for other Omen bosses as well.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-05 09:42:07  
ya keep shadows up, and keep stoneskin up too. his endark will break your skin, but he wont deal any physical damage to you. Para/slow, makes it easy.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-09 05:02:16  
Wanted to hear more opinions on Vor Earring and Snotra earring for Frazzle3/Distract3.

Snotra vs Regal earring. It's 2 less MND for 10% duration. Depends on the fight but I'd say this could be a worthy swap.

Malignance vs Vor earring. Eh... -8 MND for +10 Enf skill.
Tough choice.
How are Frazzle/Distract potency tiers from Enf skill calculated? Would that 10 skill grant an additional tier of potency?
Not sure, opinions?

Also, am I missing something or is the maximum level of Enhancing Skill currently obtainable by RDM 639? Which is just 1 point away from a further tier of Temper II, shame...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-09 08:12:19  
Sechs, I have to double check but I'm pretty sure I'm sitting at 640. Can you post your set if you're one off?
[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2020-03-09 11:07:57  
642 is highest possible, requires Pukulatmuj +1

Pukulatmuj +1/ Pukulatmuj, Arendsi Fleuret, Secespita (no ammo or ranged)
Befouled Crown, Incanter's Torque, Andoaa/Mimir
Vitiation tabard+3, Vitiation gloves +3, Stikini +1 x2
Ghostfyre (with +10 skill), Olympus sash, Atrophy tights +3, Lethargy houseaux +1
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-09 11:24:19  
Yeah that's my set except I have 9 enhancing on the back, so I guess I have 641 rather
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-03-09 11:34:12  
So getting back into Rdm. I have enough to mats for two capes. And I should be able to do 1 more this month.

What should be my order? (Realize depends on gear to some extent, I have croc, Kaja dagger, Naegeling, working to catch up on other gear)

If you were going to make three capes which and in what order?

Should it be something like:

1) Str dual wield, acc, pdt?
2) mind magic attack, macc, casting interup?
3) ??
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-09 11:41:05  
idk, I'm just a fan of making a chunk MND/macc cape absolutely first, since it's going to be the most-used. But if you can melee as well, then a variant of (dw or stp depending on set)/dex/accatt/pdt is a good start. I have both versions of melee (and an enspell macc dw cape for rare enspell2 situations). I use savage blade a lot on RDM, so I have a STR/WSD cape as well, and I think I went as far as making a nuking cape and a CDC cape. But I would start at macc (for enfeebles) and then whatever else.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-03-09 11:59:41  
1) MND, MDam/MAcc, WSD, MND, Resin flexible (Sanguine Blade, Aeolian Edge, Seraph Blade, Black Halo, Savage blade at a push and Enfeebles.)
2) DEX, DW, Acc/Att, PDT, DEX (TP, DT, and CDC sets until you can build pure CDC cape)
3) STR, Acc/Att, WSD, STR, Resin flexible (Savage Blade, Empyreal Arrow)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-09 16:20:34  
Allright, found what I was missing.
Atrophy Tights +3 vs what I use (Carmine Cuisses +1). That's the 3 points I'm missing.

Getting back to the other topic, really interested in hearing different opinions.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Wanted to hear more opinions on Vor Earring and Snotra earring for Frazzle3/Distract3.

Snotra vs Regal earring. It's 2 less MND for 10% duration. Depends on the fight but I'd say this could be a worthy swap.

Tough choice.
How are Frazzle/Distract potency tiers from Enf skill calculated? Would that 10 skill grant an additional tier of potency?
Not sure, opinions?
 Sylph.Theodren
サーバ: Sylph
user: theodren
By Sylph.Theodren 2020-03-09 19:12:21  
Tough choice.
Not sure, opinions?

Looking at Vor vs Malignance earrings and ignoring caps for the moment: You get 1 eva per ~3.5 enfeebling skill, or 1 eva per 5 dMND.

Vor: 10 skill / 3.5 = ~2.8 eva
Malignance: 8 MND / 5 = ~1.6 eva

Both values will be floored of course depending on your other gear.

Skill caps at 610 and dMND caps at 50. The question I am actually curious about is how much MND does a typical high-end mob have these days? I figure with Gain-MND granting 55 MND (if paired w/ relic gloves), I've tended to think dMND is relatively easy to cap. But I don't have data on that.

Fwiw, here is what I am presently using for Frazzle/Distract III. I don't love using Enfeebling Earring, but it was necessary to hit the 610 cap. Would appreciate feedback if there's something I missed or my math is wrong!

ItemSet 371662

Here is a chart of the skills and evasion levels. Based on the formula on bg-wiki.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-09 19:35:09  
Thanks for the insight Theodren.
My set is almost the same as yours but with a couple of differences:

1) Vor Earring in place of Enfeebling
2) Chironic Hose (MND+2, Macc+33 aug) in place of Psycloth Lappas
3) My grio has MP+58, Macc+25, Enf Skill+16

Frankly I forgot Psycloth Lappas existed. I have them! Use them with Aug D as precast on a couple of mage jobs.
With my set I'm at:

+268 MND from gear
+604 Enf Skill
(and a huge loss in macc because of Grio instead of Maxentius/Ammurapi)

Oh also, my cape has Macc+30/MND+20, of course a Mac+20/MND+30 cape would be ideal, but <inventory issues> yo.
With psycloth lappas I'd be at 609 skill ahahaha, I feel trolled now XD

Edit:
There's Ghostfyre Cape with more Enf Skill, but that's a huge loss in terms of MND and Macc, not worth it imho, might as well wait for Lethargy+3 honestly, hoping we're gonna be able to cap with them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-10 10:20:34  
Looks like the Augury Cuisses just dethroned the Jhakri +2 and maybe even the Vitation +3 for our best WS legs in virtually every single scenario? (their Augment is +10 All stats, +60 Attk and +30 Mattk).

From my napkin math using the ws mods, i see the following

(Core Stats only)
Sanguine blade = Aug=Jhak
Seraph Blade = Jhak > Aug (by 1 point)
Red lotus Blade = Jhak > Aug (by 6 points)
Aeolian = Relic > Aug (by 5 points)
Savage = Jhak > Aug (By 1 point)
Chant = Relic > Aug (by 9 Points)
Requie = Aug > Rel=Jhak (By 3 points).

Looking at the sub stats however (MAB/ATK/DA)

it looks like augury will ***on every single piece of gear, but their biggest drawback for phys is 0 acc.

Aug = 46 MAB/76 Attk/1~3 DA
Jha = 42 MAB/45 Attk
Rel = 0 MAB/ 64 Attk.

Its a close call between Augury and Relic legs for CDC- the relic winning in high acc situations, and augury winning in low acc situations due to DA and higher attack values.

But in any elemental WS Situations, i think the +4 MAB is going to beat out the jhakri on every WS, with MAYBE RLB being an exception.

EDIT: Imperial hairpin/Zoar subligar probably just jumped into our Evisceration/CDC Sets. Imp has +10 CR and a ton of DEX, and Zoar has +5 CR now, tons of DA/TA and ACC/statvomit.
By Chimerawizard 2020-03-10 10:57:07  
stikini dethroned for slow/para/addle.
metamorph ring +1 aug: INT/MND/CHR+10 mAcc+10
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-10 11:04:07  
Looks like Agony Jerkin just jumped into BIS/close to it as well.

+34 STR
+45 DEX
+33 INT/MND
+84 Attack

VS the Relic body

+31 STR
+31 DEX
+45 MND
+39 INT
+65 Attack

Big dip in acc tho, might not be worth it.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-10 11:06:48  
Chimerawizard said: »
stikini dethroned for slow/para/addle.
metamorph ring +1 aug: INT/MND/CHR+10 mAcc+10

oh ***- +16 to CHR/MND/INT and +15 MACC? thats pretty beastly. might even be good for Savage blades in lieu of a Epaminondas ring
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-10 11:15:42  
EDIT: Imperial hairpin/Zoar subligar probably just jumped into our Evisceration/CDC Sets.
Zoar should be good for TP as well, if you can make up for the loss of haste.
If you use Desperation Gloves you're fine, but if you're relying on Malignance Legs, then it's a no-no.

Could consider the new Sailfi Belt +1 in the waist slot. that's a fine replacement for Windbuffet +1 in Singlewield builds, but Reiki Yotai is hard to drop in DW builds though...

Edit:
You guys forgot to mention Acuity Belt +1. It's like INT+23 and Macc+15. It's the best pure-macc belt RDM can use, disregarding the MND>Macc conversion according to dMND. You do gain Macc from dINT too anyway, kinda depends on the type of spell.
Most of our useful debuffs rely on MND.
Frazzle/Distract if I recall rely on INT to stick, but MND for potency.
So for instance it would be awesome in a Frazzle2 set, where you usually go for a full macc build instead of potency.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-10 11:19:30  
EDIT: Imperial hairpin/Zoar subligar probably just jumped into our Evisceration/CDC Sets.
If you use Desperation Gloves you're fine, but if you're relying on Malignance Legs, then it's a no-no.

Could consider the new Sailfi Belt +1 in the waist slot. that's a fine replacement for Windbuffet +1 in Singlewield builds, but Reiki Yotai is hard to drop in DW builds though...

yea if you can handle the - 15 Store tp from not using malignance legs, the Zoars might be BIS
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-03-10 11:21:25  
Reiki Yotai isn't too hard to drop, you just need luck/300+ Mil to get Crocea + Orpheus, then poof, no Reiki Yotai! :D
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-10 11:22:50  
yea if you can handle the - 15 Store tp from not using malignance legs, the Zoars might be BIS
I dunno, in group content with certain buffs the TP gain is disgustingly high, so much that I over TP more than I'd want to lol
But then again Zoar would add less TP per hit but more multiattack procs, so it's not like they "solve" the TP overflow issue :-P
Which is no real issue to begin with honestly.

I think DA+5 doesn't synergize well with RDM's heavily TA-focused builds though, it has reduced returns no?
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-10 11:23:03  

The imperial wing though. Our last actual best in slot of Taeon and Malignance for accuracy. These pieces are amazing.

Edit: talking about CDC
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-03-10 11:24:22  

Edit:
You guys forgot to mention Acuity Belt +1. It's like INT+23 and Macc+15. It's the best pure-macc belt RDM can use, disregarding the MND>Macc conversion according to dMND. You do gain Macc from dINT too anyway, kinda depends on the type of spell.
Most of our useful debuffs rely on MND.
Frazzle/Distract if I recall rely on INT to stick, but MND for potency.
So for instance it would be awesome in a Frazzle2 set, where you usually go for a full macc build instead of potency.

luminary sash should still beat Acuity for macc on Frazzle 2 I think. If not, it's a wash. The INT doesn't do anything for any enfeebling except Blind?, maybe Poison?.
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 141 142 143