users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Byrne
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-13 20:16:17  
Added Tauret, Ullr, and Naegling to the guide. I put a little less emphasis on Ullr over Kaja Bow since they aren't functionally very different for RDM, pretty much just a linear upgrade.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-03-14 00:40:47  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Relic Hands +2; what does Gain magic mean exactly?
Gaint-Int, Gain-MND etc etc it straight add that much to the final amount. So say you have enough to hit +25 Stat with 500 Enhancing then have the +3 Gloves you'll get +55 instead. +2 would give you +45 in total.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-14 02:16:48  
Oh hey, here's an appeal to anyone that has already done so, or has the time to test it.

I know the concensus is Enriching Sword isn't worth using with croc due to having longer delay, impacting enspell rounds and potentially sanguine blade DPS... now, given that it could adjust TP bracket, and it's a 19% difference in delay, for 35 base increase to enspell, and potentially removing a hit out of the hit-build for Sanguine...

Does anyone actually have the data for how exactly it does compare to say, Tauret?

I expect due to lower mdmg, that it would be lower, but I think it may be worth asking how much lower?

Just for the sake of Science, you know?
[+]
By Trigue 2019-03-15 10:15:29  
Did some quick testing with Naegling/Thibron vs Sequence/Thibron spamming Savage Blade to see physical dps comparison on Dho Gates Apex Crabs yesterday.

I'll do more testing tonight with actual numbers but just by eyeballing Naegling/Thibron looks like the go-to combo for pure physical dps vs Sequence/Thibron. (Don't have Almace/Tern+1 to compare against Naegling/Thibron though but that would be the next test for determining a physical dps heirarchy)

I'll bring an Enriching Sword out with me and do some tests on that as well
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-03-18 22:45:25  
I just gotta say, playing with Crocea Mors is a heck of a lot fun, especially in Dynamis. Tonight I was playing as RDM/BLM to sleep the pulls, taking care of normal duties and on Statues. I was meleeing to get TP then using Sanguine Blade on the statues on Wave2 for 16k damage then T5>4 to finish them off. Head back to Melee for TP, haste/refresh/self buff then back to Statue on next pull.

I am using this set below for Sanguine and wanting to know if anyone had some input on it and asking what some other folks are gettin for average numbers on Wave2. If I could get Sanguine to 20k, a single T4-5 should finish it off, only issue is I don’t get much in terms of buffs.

ItemSet 365016

Usually I am eating Stewpot, GainINT, Frazzle when I remember and my numbers were constant at 16437(Rank24).

Edit: I I actually didn’t have Archean ring on tonight and updated that set to include it since I just swapped it in. Would Orpheus best out the Obi?? And if so anyone know by how much? I ain’t too certain on how affinity works vs weather bonus.
Also, does Macc factor into Sanguine at all? debating over Vitiation and Amalric Feet.

I have Int20, Macc/mdmg 20, WsD 10% on ambu cape atm.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-03-18 23:38:14  
Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Would Orpheus best out the Obi??

Obi during double weather, Orpheus during single weather/no weather.
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-03-18 23:52:10  
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Would Orpheus best out the Obi??

Obi during double weather, Orpheus during single weather/no weather.

So obi is affinity bonus and lookin like .35(obi) vs .15(sash)?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-19 02:19:16  
Affinity and weather bonuses are not the same term.
By SimonSes 2019-03-19 03:27:20  
With no other affinity in gear and <1 distance its average
Single weather obi: 1.1
Single weather sash: 1.18795
Single weather + day obi: 1.2
Single weather + day sash: 1.226
Double weather obi: 1.25
Double weather sash: 1.245
Double weather + day obi: 1.35
Double weather + day sash: 1.283

Obi is significantly better only with double weather + day. With just double weather damage is almost the same for both, but with obi its just more consistance.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-19 14:13:09  
Hi guys. I'm sorting my Red Mage out tonight, so I'm wondering if anything changed after the update to the job? Are we riding Saboteur as much as possible now? Also, how much fast cast do you usually aim for in that set? Thanks for any tips :)
 Asura.Fabiano
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2019-03-19 14:28:11  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Hi guys. I'm sorting my Red Mage out tonight, so I'm wondering if anything changed after the update to the job? Are we riding Saboteur as much as possible now? Also, how much fast cast do you usually aim for in that set? Thanks for any tips :)

1. https://www.ffxiah.com/node/349 (not my node, credit goes to Nuance)

2. Yes, ride that Saboteur at the start of every fight and whenever its off cooldown.

3. Fast Cast cap is 80%, RDM gets 30% fast cast passive natively, so you need 50% to cap which is hilariously easy to reach as RDM -- There are tons of options.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-19 14:35:58  
Asura.Fabiano said: »

1. https://www.ffxiah.com/node/349 (not my node, credit goes to Nuance)

2. Yes, ride that Saboteur at the start of every fight and whenever its off cooldown.

3. Fast Cast cap is 80%, RDM gets 30% fast cast passive natively, so you need 50% to cap which is hilariously easy to reach as RDM -- There are tons of options.

Thank you very much for the quick reply and clear answers :) I got a couple of hours to sort this baby out before my linkshell gets together for our event.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-19 15:38:21  
Hey Fabiano, do you have any idea which spells Nuance is using for each enfeeble set?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-19 18:57:34  
Hey Fabiano, do you have any idea which spells Nuance is using for each enfeeble set?

I can give you an example of what's in my lua...
Code

if spell.skill == 'Enfeebling Magic' and state.Enfeeb.Value == 'Accuracy' then
		equip(sets.midcast['Enfeebling Magic'].Accuracy)
	elseif spell.skill == 'Enfeebling Magic' and state.Enfeeb.Value == 'Potency' then
		equip(sets.midcast['Enfeebling Magic'].Potency)
	end

if spell.english == "Frazzle II" or spell.english == "Distract II" or spell.english == "Distract" then
		equip(sets.midcast['Enfeebling Magic'].Accuracy)
	end

if spell.english == "Frazzle" and state.WeaponLockMode.value ~= 'Locked' then
		equip(sets.midcast['Enfeebling Magic'].MaxAccuracy)
	elseif spell.english == "Frazzle" and state.WeaponLockMode.value == 'Locked' then
		equip(set_combine(sets.midcast['Enfeebling Magic'].MaxAccuracy, sets.MaccAmmo))
	end

if spell.english == "Repose" then
		equip(sets.midcast.Repose)
	end

if spell.english == "Frazzle III" or (spell.english == "Distract III" and (state.Enfeeb.Value == 'Accuracy' or state.Enfeeb.Value == 'Potency')) then
	end

if spell.skill == 'Enfeebling Magic' and buffactive['Stymie'] then
	end

if (spell.english:startswith("Break") or spell.english == 'Bind' or spell.english == 'Dispel'
		or spell.english == 'Inundation' or spell.english == 'Silence' or spell.english == 'Stun') and state.WeaponLockMode.value ~= 'Locked' then
		equip(sets.midcast['Enfeebling Magic'].MaxAccuracy)
	elseif (spell.english:startswith("Break") or spell.english == 'Bind' or spell.english == 'Dispel'
		or spell.english == 'Inundation' or spell.english == 'Silence' or spell.english == 'Stun') and state.WeaponLockMode.value == 'Locked' then
		equip(set_combine(sets.midcast['Enfeebling Magic'].MaxAccuracy, sets.MaccAmmo))
	end

if spell.english:startswith("Sleep") then
		equip(sets.midcast.Sleep)
	end

if (spell.skill == 'Enfeebling Magic' and buffactive['Saboteur']) and not (spell.english:startswith("Break") 
		or spell.english:startswith("Break") or spell.english == 'Bind' or spell.english == 'Dispel'
		or spell.english == 'Inundation' or spell.english == 'Silence' or spell.english == 'Stun' or spell.english == "Frazzle II" or spell.english == "Distract II" or spell.english == "Distract") then
			equip(sets.Saboteur)
	end

if spell.skill == 'Enfeebling Magic' or spell.skill == 'Dark Magic' then
		if spell.type ~= "WhiteMagic" and not (spell.english:startswith('Distract') or spell.english:startswith('Frazzle')) then
			equip(sets.midcast.IntEnfeebles)
		end
	end

What order they are in is important if you want the priorities to work properly, but of course, your needs may vary, and your modes may be named differently, so I'd suggest tweaking this to fit your lua.

Essentially it's potency for Dist/Fraz 3, then I use entirely m.acc for things that are not potency variable, with the exception of Sleep using Kishar for extra duration, and Frazzle 1 and 2 having differing levels of m.acc so I can easily stairstep up as needed when Sabo is down.

Then things that are potency variable like Gravity, for instance, are controlled by what mode I'm in, Accuracy, or Potency.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-19 19:21:14  
I only just realised that I'm the only collaborator on this guide... I've been slacking.

I'll work on getting more sets in the node.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2019-03-19 20:36:02  
You're doing a done job
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-03-20 01:43:38  
Played with ambuscade bow and just having the available fusion property on hand without having to use Excalibur is amazing. Having to go out of your way for a proper ws set do it tho is just another headache but being able to savage cdc empyreal savage cdc continually is great solo

End up melee’n all the time in group play may end up just full timing it now. Just wish it had that mab+...
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-20 02:55:37  
What kind of damage are you getting out of Empyreal arrow if you don't mind my asking?
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-03-20 07:50:56  
I have made an Empy arrow set also, mainly Teaon pieces with Racc/ratt, Agi and WS acc on them. During VD Orb campaign this month I am only seeing about 3k or so Empy Arrow. I’m sure I could swap some stuff around and get it a bit higher but for now it seems decently reliable for closing light with a juicy SavageBlade.

Went with WS acc over anything else to help combat the D rank of Bow that RDM has and boost that Racc as high as possible since I’ll only be shooting during WS anyways. I’d rather hit every time than miss 50% for more Empy arrow damage. Plus the Demonarrow extra effect can Proc on WS so the Attackdown effect is pretty much always on, coupled with phalanx it’s pretty nice for damage mitigation.
By Aerix 2019-03-20 08:25:39  
I have made an Empy arrow set also, mainly Teaon pieces with Racc/ratt, Agi and WS acc on them. During VD Orb campaign this month I am only seeing about 3k or so Empy Arrow. I’m sure I could swap some stuff around and get it a bit higher but for now it seems decently reliable for closing light with a juicy SavageBlade.

Went with WS acc over anything else to help combat the D rank of Bow that RDM has and boost that Racc as high as possible since I’ll only be shooting during WS anyways. I’d rather hit every time than miss 50% for more Empy arrow damage. Plus the Demonarrow extra effect can Proc on WS so the Attackdown effect is pretty much always on, coupled with phalanx it’s pretty nice for damage mitigation.

I've never heard of Additional Effects ever proccing on WS. Can anybody else confirm this?
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-03-20 08:27:57  
I didn’t think it did either until I saw the “Enemy’s Attackdown effect has worn off”. I didn’t fire any arrows other than WS so I chocked it up to proc on WS.

Edit: I never cast Bio unless Yoran or Kupipi cast it and their spells wearing off shows in my heavily filtered chat log.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-20 08:37:14  
Aerix said: »

I've never heard of Additional Effects ever proccing on WS. Can anybody else confirm this?

Given that the Polearm causes something that normally never crits to not only crit, but also be affected by crit gear, it wouldn't surprise me to be honest.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2019-03-20 08:40:30  
Asura.Byrne said: »
What kind of damage are you getting out of Empyreal arrow if you don't mind my asking?

On apex crabs was hitting around 3-5k.

Taeon gear 20racc/20rattck - WSacc20 - WSD3

Blew ambu points on new cape agi30 racc/rattck20 wsd10.

It’s not “great” but being able to bridge that gap to continue the Skillchain is ok with me
[+]
By Aerix 2019-03-20 09:38:07  
Which melee weapons are you using for your bow multistepping, if I may ask? Sequence/Tauret, Almace/Ternion+1, Almace/Tauret, Naegling/Thibron, Murgleis?
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2019-03-20 10:39:20  
Since I got tauret that’s all I sub anymore.

Have multiple weapons, Almace, Sequence, Murgleis (r15), Naegling, etc..

All did well. Just eyeballing it Sequence was best for shorter chains though 6 step was possible. Murgleis however was extremely easy to 6 step over and over with it.

Sequence- Req -> Savage -> cdc -> empyreal-> savage -> cdc

Murgleis- Death blossom - savage - cdc - empyreal - savage - cdc

Shorter easier and I feel more worth focusing on is just savage cdc empyreal savage cdc. Get to use our best physical weapon skills twice with the obvious ***bridge in the middle there.

With Murgleis at R15 death blossom doesn’t suck either.

Would get that AM 3 6 step then cut off death blossom and 5 step till AM wore off.

Should be noted that I had Sam roll up the whole time testing the validity of using bow to bridge the gap.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-20 10:54:18  
With Taruet Evisceration should do quite a lot of damage, evis was already strong and +50% should be pretty awesome.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2019-03-20 11:02:42  
Tauret is nice with evisceration for sure. I see a lot of respectable numbers coming from it but still falls way behind. Tons of fun to play with though. As much as I enjoy multi stepping with the bow and all it’s hard not to just ride that crocea mors enspell dmg and sanguine blade spam action
By Aerix 2019-03-20 11:36:52  
Tauret/Almace Evisceration was hitting about as hard as BiS CDC for me, but the lack of self-SC potential makes it very situational.

One question though: did you just include Death Blossom in the chain above because of AM3 since it doesn't SC with the follow-up Savage Blade? If you're using DB for AM3 anyway, you might as well follow-up with CDC > Empyreal > Savage > CDC in order not to waste the opener.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2019-03-20 12:01:01  
Yes you’re right. Db - cdc - emp - sb - cdc 5 step double light then I’d drop db opening for sb instead as dmg is more consistent.

I’ve yet to try almace off hand for tauret. May need to give that a go this afternoon.
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 141 142 143