Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 141 142 143
By Torzak 2019-09-21 12:02:41  
I'm saying it might be something specific to Croc's Elemental WS Boost. I don't have an exact formula to share on the matter.

I can say that because of this effect, STR is actually not lagging behind INT as much as you'd think within Sanguine with Croc. It's closely similar that, to me, it comes off as a bit of a surprise.
By Aerix 2019-09-21 12:15:17  
Asura.Weinberg said: »
It is pretty easy to calculate the relative worth of stats like WSD and MAB here, since they are applied purely multiplicatively.

1 MAB is worth (100 + Current WSD)/(100 + Current MAB) WSD.

So if you have 200 MAB and 50 WSD from gear/traits, 1 MAB is worth 0.5 WSD (adding 1 pt of MAB increases your damage the same amount as adding 0.5 pts of WSD, i.e. MAB is only worth half as much with these stats)

A BiS RDM has roughly 385 MAB and 22% WSD in their Sanguine WS set not taking possible DM augments into account. Using the formula it results in 1 MAB equaling about 0.25 WSD rounded down, i.e. 4 MAB ~= 1 WSD as I had estimated previously. This is further pushed in WSD's favor if one has Wizard's Roll/Acumen/Malaise support.

So Epaminondas's Ring is worth somewhere around 18-25 MAB depending on (endgame) gear and buffs, hence Freke Ring can't beat it. On the other hand, Ishvara and Vitiation Chapeau +3 cannot beat their MAB alternatives, so people shouldn't use them even for Seraph Blade.
By SimonSes 2019-09-21 12:19:23  
Aerix said: »
2. if I recall correctly 1% WSD was about equal to 4-5 MAB or so, but I might be misremembering (will need to retest at some point). It also depends on your total MAB and WSD values due to the aforementioned diminishing returns.

You know what you are talking about but this description is a little off.

At start 1 MAB is equal to 1% WSD.

Then this changes ONLY because of diminishing returns.
By Aerix 2019-09-21 12:20:45  
SimonSes said: »
You know what you are talking about but this description is a little off.

At start 1 MAB is equal to 1% WSD.

Then this changes ONLY because of diminishing returns.

See my post above yours. But I guess you are right I could have worded that better.
By Torzak 2019-09-21 12:32:06  
Thinking about it, it might be that Croc's Elemental WS +100% is just fTPx2 on elemental WS. This would effectively boost WS Modifiers, but not dINT.
 Asura.Weinberg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Weinberg
By Asura.Weinberg 2019-09-21 12:36:15  
Torzak said: »
Thinking about it, it might be that Croc's Elemental WS +100% is just fTPx2 on elemental WS. This would effectively boost WS Modifiers, but not dINT.
That sounds likely to me. Also to back up what you said earlier: I was looking through prior posts and found this.

So basically MND is a bit better than INT for Sanguine Blade when you are using Path C Croc, and you'd want to use Gain-MND for enfeebles anyways.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-09-21 13:22:48  
Torzak said: »

It seems to doubles the base damage before the fTP multiplier, meaning dINT and MDMG aren't effected. Don't thing it's fTP because fotia didn't seem like it was being doubled. Because of this MND ends up being the better stat to stack on Sang.
By Torzak 2019-09-21 13:25:34  
Fotia probably isn't going to work on Sanguine, anyway. No Skill Chain Property.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-21 23:42:28  
So, out of curiosity, how are people getting those 2k+ enspell damage with Crocea?
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-09-21 23:45:38  
Battlemod combines the enepell dmg if thats what you mean
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-21 23:52:53  
Asura.Nuance said: »
Battlemod combines the enepell dmg if thats what you mean

Combines it? (Sorry, dont know what battlemod does lol)
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2019-09-21 23:56:20  
Battlemod add on condenses some information in the log for a cleaner look. ie- enspell dmg spam from an attack round

I personally dont use it except when im crafting because I cant wait the extra 2 seconds to find out if I HQ'd or not
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-21 23:57:11  
Oh, like if you swung 4 times (quad attack) it just shows the damage for the round (Ie 4 hits damage, 4 enspell hits damage) or something?
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-22 02:23:57  
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/368669
ItemSet 368669

Daybreak is off hand, Malignance earring.
Now I'm sure regal earring + Malignance earring are best in slot. I still don't have regal earring personally yet. Freke might beat Epaminondas's ring in this case as well.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/368670
ItemSet 368670

Daybreak is off hand, I'm sure Epaminondas's ring probably beats Freke ring. I've been waiting to see what people come out with.

Wouldn't keeping amalric body in for seraph be higher mab and macc than Jhakri, especially with the bonus for 2 pieces of +1 abj gear (legs and body) or are you going for the str/mnd stat
By SimonSes 2019-09-22 03:36:12  
Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
Oh, like if you swung 4 times (quad attack) it just shows the damage for the round (Ie 4 hits damage, 4 enspell hits damage) or something?

yes
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-09-22 09:56:15  
I dont have rank 25 croc mines only rank 14 dunno if that has any bearing on testing but i'll post some of my numbers. WS sets for Sanguine Blade pretty much the same as outlawbruce posted above besides ears are regal earring + Malignance and my body Mab auged +40 mab 38 macc merlinc body. Offhanding Daybreak in tests

Difference is 3 mab on hq amalric (That included amalric set bonus already)vs more macc and 3mnd 2 int on my merlin. Target trash mandies outside adoulin.
I subbed in +2 duelists torque rank 25 over sanctity. Doing a 22445 Sang blade vs with sanctity neck in slots 22410. Its small but your gaining 20 more macc with neck and if you get mab buffs (lets be honest how often does that happen)the mab vs stat devalues further.

ItemSet 368721

I dont have weatherspoon ring perhaps i'll trade for it i like what i'm seeing. Legs are 25 mab aug boots are 20mab/macc. Backs 30 mnd 20 macc 10 weaponskill%. Bodys augs 40 mab 38macc. Moonshades Mab/tp bonus Empty ear is Malignance earring.

Seraph blades at 1044tp doing 15791 with Fotia gorget vs 15459 with sanctity.Lose 10 macc but get the added benefit of that 1% chance of keeping tp. Tested with Jhakri body doing 15469 vs my Mab Merlin body if you want slightly better numbies go for the amarlic body +1. Tried relic hat+3 vs my Jhakri head 15317 at 1044 tp. Could pel stone some merlinc head but i'm happy with what i have. Tried Friomisi vs Malig doing 15783. Loses the macc malig offers.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2019-09-22 11:01:47  
The big bonus for jhakri head and amalric legs is the sc bonus for red lotus seraph rotation with 7 on the head 9 on legs.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-09-22 12:09:19  
Considering Daybreak/Weatherspoon's bonus I would question whether it's worth using Red Lotus Blade at all, even taking Skillchain damage into account.

I think we're pretty much at a point where frequent 1-2s WS locks might slow our DPS down given our Enspell white damage (being able to use Malignance over Taeon made it so much better). Seraph Blade also has pretty drastic and advantageous fTP scaling, so 1750+250 TP Seraph Blades should be a DPS increase over 1k+250 WSing. Perhaps it would even be worth waiting until 2750+250 TP each time as you might gain DPS thanks to unhindered TA Enspells.
[+]
 Sylph.Wasenshi
サーバ: Sylph
user: Senshi
By Sylph.Wasenshi 2019-09-22 17:42:25  
Anyone able to get Daybreak to swap in for precast when casting Dispelga? Can't seem to get it to work like it does for Impact.
By Antisense 2019-09-22 18:04:02  
For GearSwap, add spell.id == 360 to line 706 inside the check_spell function of helper_functions.lua (file is in the GearSwap folder). Ex:
Code
if not available_spells[spell.id] and not (spell.id == 503 or spell.id == 417 or spell.id == 360) then
 Sylph.Wasenshi
サーバ: Sylph
user: Senshi
By Sylph.Wasenshi 2019-09-22 19:28:53  
Antisense said: »
For GearSwap, add spell.id == 360 to line 706 inside the check_spell function of helper_functions.lua (file is in the GearSwap folder). Ex:
Code
if not available_spells[spell.id] and not (spell.id == 503 or spell.id == 417 or spell.id == 360) then
Thank you worked great
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-23 19:22:00  
Got myself an Orpheus's Sash today.

Holy sexiness.
By SimonSes 2019-09-23 19:47:53  
Aerix said: »
Considering Daybreak/Weatherspoon's bonus I would question whether it's worth using Red Lotus Blade at all, even taking Skillchain damage into account.

I think we're pretty much at a point where frequent 1-2s WS locks might slow our DPS down given our Enspell white damage (being able to use Malignance over Taeon made it so much better). Seraph Blade also has pretty drastic and advantageous fTP scaling, so 1750+250 TP Seraph Blades should be a DPS increase over 1k+250 WSing. Perhaps it would even be worth waiting until 2750+250 TP each time as you might gain DPS thanks to unhindered TA Enspells.

I kinda doubt that RDM en spell damage is enough to hold WS, especially as strong as Seraph. MNK has still much stronger white damage and it's still beneficial to WS at 1000TP when avg ws damage is above 30+ k (Vsmite during Impetus).

Now fTP scaling on Seraph is another thing. Since its magic WS, so it cant multiattack, the fTP will always be the same and that means at 3000TP more than triples compering to 1000TP and that (not en spell damage) might be the reason to hold till 2750+250. I'm still not convinced about dropping skillchain tho. I dont have Crocea and can't really test this, but chaining SC between Red Lotus and Seraph sounds OP as ***. I would probably try to hold TP as long as possible during that skillchain process.
By Aerix 2019-09-23 20:56:59  
SimonSes said: »
I kinda doubt that RDM en spell damage is enough to hold WS, especially as strong as Seraph. MNK has still much stronger white damage and it's still beneficial to WS at 1000TP when avg ws damage is above 30+ k (Vsmite during Impetus).

Now fTP scaling on Seraph is another thing. Since its magic WS, so it cant multiattack, the fTP will always be the same and that means at 3000TP more than triples compering to 1000TP and that (not en spell damage) might be the reason to hold till 2750+250. I'm still not convinced about dropping skillchain tho. I dont have Crocea and can't really test this, but chaining SC between Red Lotus and Seraph sounds OP as ***. I would probably try to hold TP as long as possible during that skillchain process.

That was pretty much my point, though. We lose pretty much nothing at all holding TP for Seraph due to its scaling (and its fTP doubles by 2k), while Enspell does pretty significant white damage with Crocea. And I feel like you're underestimating how "meh" Red Lotus Blade is without something like Daybreak/Weatherspoon's bonus and it is also natively weaker than Seraph.

But I might also be wrong. So in the end, I think it just needs to be parsed out to determine which is better. If I ever get full Malignance and Daybreak to drop I'll give it a shot.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-23 21:03:11  
Only downside to that I can see is it requires you to use a semi-meh melee club.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-09-24 00:03:34  
Semi meh? Daybreak is damn nice for enspell Crocea action.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-24 00:20:30  
Daybreak doesnt do much for enspell. Just the WS followup.

Id rather use a very low delay offhand for enspell purely. (Like Tauret).

Unless they give rdm Enlight one day :p
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-09-24 06:21:49  
Daybreak might not have a delay of a faster dagger, but still 216 delay for a club is super low. It could have been one of those clubs with 280 or 300 delay.
Now it might not boost enspells damage, but holy ***it boosts almost everything else. You can cap cure potency with just earrings and cape, so you can stay if 5/5 Malignance if you are in danger during cures. It has +30 MND for WSs and debuffs. Macc for enspells, debuffs, nukes. 40mab for WSs abd nukes. 50 Light affinity for Seraph. 30 *** MEVA on a weapon too, which is ridiculous, because RDM just went from no MEVA tp set to best MEVA tp set (Malignance) in game synergizing extemely well with Temper II and you can even equip more MEVA on sub hand now!
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-09-24 08:50:26  
Yeah, I dont understand the "semi melee meh club."

For the small loss in delay you're getting a better damage at least. And what? More tp per hit. And absolutely amazing for sanguine + seraph and red lotus blade.
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 141 142 143