Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 39 40 41
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-13 08:23:27  
eliroo said: »
Yatenkou said: »
I'm glued to my screen here and I wanna know what's going ooooooooon!!!

Stop treating this like its a flipping reality show.

no and you're fired!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 08:23:28  
Yatenkou said: »
Not sure if this is legit but I'm hearing from people (trying to figure out the source of this info to find out if it's legit) it the ODNI (the guys who oversee all intel in the country) is not endorsing the CIA's claims because there's no evidence.

Again, I'm just hearing this, trying to find a source that doesn't sound conspiracy theory, but I just wanna drop this here for discussion sake
Saw that too.

More weight to the "just politics" argument. Don't expect the libs to take you seriously through their own echo chamber though.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-13 08:27:13  
How is this a liberal echo chamber when half of you are conservatives?

Are we chatting from separate rooms?
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-13 08:29:03  
I don't think he knows what "echo chamber" means.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 08:30:43  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

This forum isn't the echo chamber.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-13 08:31:13  
Then de facto we are exposed to different views and don't live in echo chambers.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-13 08:34:50  
Then de facto we are exposed to different views and don't live in echo chambers.

it sure does feel that way sometimes...

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-13 08:36:36  

I don't think he knows what "echo chamber" means.
Actually, I don't think either of you know what it means.

Nausi used it right. It means that it's a figurative room where the liberals shut others out and debate with themselves, inferring compliance because everyone agrees with each other.

In other words, everyone is a "yes man" and show no rational thoughts at all because there is no debating on the meaning of the issues at hand.

Unlike here, where we always argue with each other on a daily basis. Nausi was not referring to this website, which is pretty obvious if you actually didn't cherrypick his words......
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-13 08:49:31  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Rex Tillerson must be happy he will be able to make billions by removing Russia's economical sanctions. A great deal maker for sure.

yeah...he's happy...I'm happy... we're all happy...

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 08:50:25  
Rex Tillerson must be happy he will be able to make billions by removing Russia's economical sanctions. A great deal maker for sure.

Stop! I couldn't possibly have another bite. Don't offer me anymore liberal tears.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-13 08:52:16  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
More weight to the "just politics" argument. Don't expect the libs to take you seriously through their own echo chamber though.

You are wrong KN. Yaten's statement was made on this board so the only "libs" that Yaten would have to worry about not taking him seriously are on this board. Nausi was clearly talking about this board.

I hate that I have to explain that.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-13 08:57:11  
Just pointing the obvious conflict of interest.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-13 08:59:40  

You are wrong KN. Yaten's statement was made on this board so the only "libs" that Yaten would have to worry about not taking him seriously are on this board. Nausi was clearly talking about this board.

Incorrect. Certain people, especially those who choose to block others who do not share their viewpoints, rarely go outside their "comfort zone" when discussing politics here. The few times they do respond is to make snide comments about certain people (Sav, Rav, Nausi, Yat, myself) just to try to humiliate us.

They hardly respond to discussion, but they like to bring discussion but not respond to those of us who don't share their viewpoints.

You should know who I'm talking about.

Those are the people living in their own echo chamber. Nausi wasn't talking about the forum in general, just those who don't discuss issues other than to those who they agree with. AKA, an echo chamber.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-13 09:03:54  
Rex Tillerson is an interesting pick for Secretary of State. A quick wiki page read doesn't make him look that bad, though there is some conflict of interest when it comes to Russia. I don't understand what will make him a good Secretary of State though.

All-in-all though he seems like a pretty honest, hard working guy. At least what I can read from the wiki.

He believes in some disagreeable things but compared to other cabinet picks he is rather mild.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 09:04:34  

Stop! I couldn't possibly have another bite. Don't offer me anymore liberal tears.

Just pointing the obvious conflict of interest. Let's put this in your own words. Don't you find that suspicious?

If he keeps consuming all that salt he's bound to get high blood pressure.

Sometimes you have to be more blunt on these topics:

ExxonMobil has operations and business interests in Russia that are on hold because of imposed sanctions. Tillerson wants to remove those sanctions and get these operations restarted:

Sakhalin Island
Kara Sea
West Siberia (shale)
Black Sea
By eliroo 2016-12-13 09:06:35  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You should know who I'm talking about.

Those are the people living in their own echo chamber. Nausi wasn't talking about the forum in general, just those who don't discuss issues other than to those who they agree with. AKA, an echo chamber.

Well that person hardly posts here anymore.

Also, as I explained, he had to be referring to this board as the context dictates that. You can't just warp his statement to prove us wrong, it is there and it is evident. It is a relatively simple thing that you are making quite complex.

As for the whole "echo chamber" argument both Liberals and Conservatives have their own echo chambers.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-13 09:06:38  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Just pointing the obvious conflict of interest. Let's put this in your own words. Don't you find that suspicious?

If he keeps consuming all that salt he's bound to get high blood pressure.

Sometimes you have to be more blunt on these topics:

ExxonMobil has operations and business interests in Russia that are on hold because of imposed sanctions. Tillerson wants to remove those sanctions and get these operations restarted:

Sakhalin Island
Kara Sea
West Siberia (shale)
Black Sea

yeah...and then we'll make a bundle of money... duh

buy a few shares and enjoy the ride with us.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-13 09:08:59  
Quote:
Ties with Russia

Tillerson has ties with Vladimir Putin; the two men have been associates since Tillerson represented Exxon’s interests in Russia during Boris Yeltsin's premiership.[15] John Hamre, the president and CEO of the Center for Strategic and International Studies (for which Tillerson is a board member), states that Tillerson "has had more interactive time with Vladimir Putin than probably any other American with the exception of Henry Kissinger."[15]

Tillerson is a friend of Igor Sechin,[16] the leader of the Kremlin's siloviki faction,[17] who is "widely believed to be Russia's second-most powerful person" after President Putin.[18]

In 2011, on behalf of ExxonMobil, Tillerson signed an agreement with Russia for drilling in the Arctic that could be valued up to $300 billion.[19] Although the company began drilling in the Kara Sea in summer 2014, sanctions against Russia during the Ukrainian crisis brought the project to a halt in September of that year.[20][21]

In 2013, Tillerson was awarded the Order of Friendship by Putin.[12]

From his wiki page.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-13 09:14:57  
Well that person hardly posts here anymore.
People.

I myself can name at least 6 people who are like this. Unfortunately, since they are all little precious snowflakes, I cannot name them, otherwise they will cry harassment, like they have in the past.

However, 4 of the 6 have posted in this very thread. And all 4 of them have shown the tendencies that I have described.

Also, as I explained, he had to be referring to this board as the context dictates that. You can't just warp his statement to prove us wrong, it is there and it is evident. It is a relatively simple thing that you are making quite complex.
Wasn't including you, because you at least try to have a debate with those outside your comfort zone.

As for the whole "echo chamber" argument both Liberals and Conservatives have their own echo chambers.
Right, and I can name 2 posters who are conservatives with their own "echo chamber": Aman and Savael.
By eliroo 2016-12-13 09:20:31  
I think simply reading comments that disagree with your opinions and views puts you out of the echo chamber. So while some people may be opinionated, if they read adverse opinions regularly then they aren't in one.

So far, I have only seen one person on this forum who goes out of his/her way to block people with adverse opinions.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-13 09:28:27  
I think simply reading comments that disagree with your opinions and views puts you out of the echo chamber. So while some people may be opinionated, if they read adverse opinions regularly then they aren't in one.
There's a difference between reading one's opinion and sharing one's opinion. Just letting you know.

Also, if you only bring to the discussion and talk to people who only share your viewpoint while either ignoring and/or demeaning those who don't, that's an obvious attempt at living in an echo chamber.

So far, I have only seen one person on this forum who goes out of his/her way to block people with adverse opinions.
That's public about it, you mean.
By Zerowone 2016-12-13 09:32:49  

I miss Lordgrim.

I miss being able to respond to things without the threat of being banned because of someone's feels.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-13 09:35:34  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
However, depending on how the information was obtained we may not see their evidence until it is declassified in 60 years, if ever.
Don't hold your breath. The government's JFK assassination files were sealed for ... I forget, either 99 or 100 years. I suspect I won't be around for their unsealing.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-13 09:43:50  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Certain people, especially those who choose to block others who do not share their viewpoints, rarely go outside their "comfort zone" when discussing politics here. The few times they do respond is to make snide comments about certain people (Sav, Rav, Nausi, Yat, myself) just to try to humiliate us....
@King

Snide comment.

Snarky comment.

Salacious and humiliating observation.

Had enough yet?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-13 09:46:40  
The tears. They flow.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 09:47:45  

No, no I wasn't.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 39 40 41