Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 39 40 41
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-12-13 13:35:33  
Another post by Saevel, another reference to this mysterious "they" where no one has any idea who he's talking about.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 13:43:25  
Is no one gonna complain about trump rooting out climate alarmists in federal agencies today?

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 13:50:53  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Is no one gonna complain about trump rooting out climate alarmists in federal agencies today?

It's not like he can do anything directly about them, except complete defunding, but that shouldn't be possible until he passes his first budget.
Incorrect. He can certainly relocate them to the mailroom or replace them altogether.

You are certainly permitted the opportunity to bring your own people into Washington when you're elected president.
By Viciouss 2016-12-13 13:53:21  

It's not like he can do anything directly about them, except complete defunding, but that shouldn't be possible until he passes his first budget.

Yeah, he can't do anything other than attempt to defund.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-12-13 13:58:35  
Trump taps former Texas Gov. Rick Perry to head Energy Department he once vowed to abolish

So, we're replacing physicists with a joke who barely scraped by at A&M with a degree in Animal Science.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-13 14:00:05  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Trump taps former Texas Gov. Rick Perry to head Energy Department he once vowed to abolish

So, we're replacing physicists with a joke who barely scraped by at A&M with a degree in Animal Science.

Rick Perry really? One of the dumbest people in the GOP lol. He will probably get lost driving to work everyday.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 14:00:30  

Why aren't you complaining about them backing up decades of government weather data for preservation out of fear of Trumps administration destroying it?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-13 14:00:54  
Animal Science

My scientific expertise tells me that this is indeed a dog.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 14:02:34  

It's sort of been a motif with the nominations. It's mostly people who have been openly hostile to departments and agencies getting appointed to their top positions.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-12-13 14:04:58  

Perry once generated electricity using wires and a potato. HIRED
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-13 14:06:10  

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2016-12-13 14:07:25  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Perry once generated electricity using wires and a potato. HIRED
By Ramyrez 2016-12-13 14:08:29  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

It's sort of been a motif with the nominations. It's mostly people who have been openly hostile to departments and agencies getting appointed to their top positions.

This is sort of where I was going with what I was saying before.

You can say Trump's "draining the swap" or "can't be controlled," but there's an awful lot of GOP party line being put into place here...
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-13 14:08:50  
To quote Dickens: "It was the best of times, it was the bitchiest of times"
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-13 14:09:49  
What were you expecting AL Gore to run the department of energy ?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-13 14:11:22  
fonewear said: »
What were you expecting AL Gore to run the department of energy ?

Not especially, but this was a thing all the same.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-13 14:12:24  

With the exception of the Labor appointment, Putzer. This is the guy Trump ran hard against in the election. Pro immigration, pro-amnesty, pro-low skilled worker benefits. So naturally, he gets a Cabinet position. Because Trump.

Its not complaining btw, its laughing. I know some people here confuse the two.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-13 14:12:31  
I just would have assumed that from his soaring rhetoric he maybe intended to actually shake things up.

Not fall back on the same party line ***for the party that "isn't his boss."

Yeah, he's real outside of that game!

...he just happens to be appointing a bunch of the GOP's wet dreams to cabinet positions.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 14:14:08  
Why couldn't it be Dan Quayle? Then the potato tie in would have come round full circle
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-13 14:15:02  
Why couldn't it be Dan Quayle? Then the potatoe tie in would have come round full circle
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-13 14:15:39  
I don't think Rick Perry is a GOP wet dream, the guy ran for POTUS twice and was one of the first people to drop out both times. He tried the Superman/Clark Kent trick of wearing glasses the 2nd time around, and reaffirmed it is the worst disguise ever.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 14:17:35  
Viciouss said: »

With the exception of the Labor appointment, Putzer. This is the guy Trump ran hard against in the election. Pro immigration, pro-amnesty, pro-low skilled worker benefits. So naturally, he gets a Cabinet position. Because Trump.

Its not complaining btw, its laughing. I know some people here confuse the two.

"You made an observation pointing out obvious irony!! Why you must be complaining. Time to dine on salty tears!!! Cause that's the cool thing to say on the internet these days, right?"
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-13 14:19:05  
I don't think Rick Perry is a GOP wet dream, the guy ran for POTUS twice and was one of the first people to drop out both times. He tried the Superman/Clark Kent trick of wearing glasses the 2nd time around, and reaffirmed it is the worst disguise ever.

I think you may not be thinking big picture enough.

Or maybe I'm giving too much credit to the scheming machinations of some politicians.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 14:21:23  
Ramyrez said: »
I just would have assumed that from his soaring rhetoric he maybe intended to actually shake things up.

Not fall back on the same party line ***for the party that "isn't his boss."

Yeah, he's real outside of that game!

...he just happens to be appointing a bunch of the GOP's wet dreams to cabinet positions.

That Hillary she's Wall Streets lap dog!

/wins election appoints 4 masters of Wall Street to administration.

Nothing to see here! move along folks!
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-12-13 14:32:34  

Incorrect. He can certainly relocate them to the mailroom or replace them altogether.

You are certainly permitted the opportunity to bring your own people into Washington when you're elected president.

Then he is just going to lose a bunch of very skilled workers. Seems like a waste, I highly doubt they will work in coal mines.

Someone has to clean the coal.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-13 14:33:09  
Then he is just going to lose a bunch of very skilled workers. Seems like a waste, I highly doubt they will work in coal mines.

No he isn't. Pay no attention to nausi, federal agencies aren't made up of political appointees. These are working people, some of which work through many administrations, they don't get fired without cause.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-12-13 14:34:23  

Rick Perry really? One of the dumbest people in the GOP lol. He will probably get lost driving to work everyday.

Do you remember when A&M abolished their legacy clause? I'm curious as to whether his parents were alums.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 14:35:43  
eliroo said: »

Someone has to clean the coal.

Brill' kudos
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 39 40 41