Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 39 40 41
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-16 08:57:45  
Ramyrez said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Also, if Hillary were subject to the same justice system as us lowly peons then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

If Donald were subject to the same justice system he'd...

...oh wait. Rich people have always gotten away with sexual assault. Never mind.
Problem with that line of thinking is, charges were never brought up against Trump for sexual harassment, and the statue of limitations are well expired to do so.

However, the statue is still available for Clinton, but hey, she gets a pass as long as it's politically convenient, right?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-16 09:01:43  
This isn't about supporting anyone directly, it's about supporting someone to attack ideas and concepts that he believes negatively effect him personally.

That is to say, he's doing exactly what all the "sensible, rational, right wing thinkers" here do; ignore that they're exactly the same as everyone on the left they decry.
Can you quote me saying that I never attack ideals and concepts that I believe negatively effect myself and this country?

Oh wait, you can't. Cause I accepted that concept due to the fact that that is the very basis of having a political debate, which is to reaffirm my ideals and attack those ideals that don't align with mine. Which, by the way, everyone does anyway.

You are attacking me for not saying the obvious. Let's just face it, you just want to make an argument over nothing.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2016-12-16 09:25:13  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
argument over nothing

Welp, found the new thread title
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-16 09:25:48  
Cruz Missive said: »
argument over nothing

Welp, found the new thread title
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-16 09:28:55  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Problem with that line of thinking is, charges were never brought up against Trump for sexual harassment, and the statue of limitations are well expired to do so.

However, the statue is still available for Clinton, but hey, she gets a pass as long as it's politically convenient, right?

She gets a pass because they aren't going to prosecute people who improperly use emails without criminal intent. It's time to get over it, she isn't going to be president.
A) While I was calling for her indictment during the campaign, you may (or may not) have noticed that I have stopped since she lost to Donald Freaking Trump. That alone is punishment enough.

B) Who cares about "lack" of criminal intent. Ignorance of the law does not excuse the person who broke it. And in this case, she was fully briefed on the dangers of having an unsecured server, and did so anyway. So, your "lack of criminal intent" excuse holds no water.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-16 09:32:13  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
She gets a pass because they aren't going to prosecute people who improperly use emails without criminal intent.

I mean isn't there evidence that she either committed perjury, also isn't there clear proof that she deleted the emails in an attempt to obstruct justice?

I don't think we can just ignore this because Trump won, I mean she committed some serious crimes and she still has gotten nothing but a free pass. I also feel like you are downplaying the email issue quite a bit.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-16 10:04:21  
eliroo said: »
I mean she committed some serious crimes and she still has gotten nothing but a free pass. I also feel like you are downplaying the email issue quite a bit.
As soon as Obama openly endorsed Clinton, a special prosecutor should have been called.

I mean, nothing smells like corruption than the president endorsing a candidate who happens to be under investigation that the president can influence, am I right?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-16 10:18:37  
Here's the thing.

Maybe some of us just assume that every blasted politician is a criminal and we just don't see the *** point unless you're going to line them all up on one chain gang.

List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes

And this is just the (I'm sure small) collection of those who got caught with enough evidence to convict.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-16 10:41:21  
Here's the thing.

Maybe some of us just assume that every blasted politician is a criminal and we just don't see the *** point unless you're going to line them all up on one chain gang.

List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes

And this is just the (I'm sure small) collection of those who got caught with enough evidence to convict.
You know what the difference between that entire list and Clinton?

Every single one of those people on that list were processed normally. Clinton was not.

Hell, you can't even say that the investigation was standard for Clinton.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-12-16 10:41:40  
The justice system doesn't determine reality, it just determines punishment. A murderer's a murderer whether a judge says so or not, and as long as people act within the law they have a right to think whatever they want.
Feels not facts, I know.

Why are the standards different for Trump? He's appointed big financial donors to high level positions but no accusations of pay for play? Where's the difference?
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I'm pretty sure Clinton is still going to be prosecuted
I think that's scheduled for after the swamp draining.
B) Who cares about "lack" of criminal intent. Ignorance of the law does not excuse the person who broke it. And in this case, she was fully briefed on the dangers of having an unsecured server, and did so anyway. So, your "lack of criminal intent" excuse holds no water.
Motive is important since criminal intent is the only actually illegal offense in this context.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-16 10:44:45  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Motive is important since criminal intent is the only actually illegal offense in this context.[/quote]
Reckless endangerment of national security is still a crime, and neither motive or intent is needed to be prosecuted or even charged of said crime.

But please, keep making excuses for Clinton.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-16 10:50:33  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The justice system doesn't determine reality, it just determines punishment. A murderer's a murderer whether a judge says so or not, and as long as people act within the law they have a right to think whatever they want.
Feels not facts, I know.

Either you're intentionally missing the point or you actually think that it's feels to believe that OJ did it (in spite of, you know, the facts).
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-16 10:50:35  
Reckless endangerment of national security is still a crime, and neither motive or intent is needed to be prosecuted or even charged of said crime.

So she'll get probation and consideration for being renamed secretary of state?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-12-16 10:51:02  
Even if that's an actual thing, there's no evidence the servers were compromised. You keep saying I'm making excuses when it's just plainly stating facts.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-16 10:53:08  
Either you're intentionally missing the point or you actually think that it's feels to believe that OJ did it (in spite of, you know, the facts).

No, he's sort of spot on here based on your own example.

We're all pretty *** sure OJ did it in spite of no conviction.

We're all pretty sure Bill Cosby is a big date raping jerk, despite his claiming it was all "consensual."

We're all pretty sure Trump is a big con, swindler, and law breaker despite all his various settlements to keep his name technically clean.

We're all pretty sure the Clintons are dirty as hell despite no convictions.

It's all the bloody same, people just don't want to apply it universally.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-16 10:55:43  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I'm pretty sure Clinton is still going to be prosecuted
As soon as you become attorney general I am sure she will be.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-16 10:56:32  

No, he's sort of spot on here based on your own example.

We're all pretty *** sure OJ did it in spite of no conviction.

We're all pretty sure Bill Cosby is a big date raping jerk, despite his claiming it was all "consensual."

We're all pretty sure Trump is a big con, swindler, and law breaker despite all his various settlements to keep his name technically clean.

We're all pretty sure the Clintons are dirty as hell despite no convictions.

It's all the bloody same, people just don't want to apply it universally.

A lot of what you said has little to do with feels. Just because you get it doesn't mean that the person you're white-knighting does.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-16 10:56:55  
400 prisoners have taken over parts of a prison in Birmingham lol

Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-16 11:00:02  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
400 prisoners have taken over parts of a prison in Birmingham lol....
There is more than one Birmingham.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-16 11:00:45  

Love how I can't find anything on this. The hell.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-16 11:01:14  

Love how I can't find anything on this. The hell.
You searched for the wrong kind of ham.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-16 11:01:39  
...dammit. Specify which Birmingham. I was looking in US news thinking it was in Alabama. -.-;
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-16 11:02:45  
That'll teach you americans to randomly copy all city names from the rest of the world.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-16 11:04:23  
That would be Birmingham, England.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-16 11:04:34  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
That'll teach you americans to randomly copy all city names from the rest of the world.

Not likely.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-16 11:06:29  
Why would anyone think Birmingham, ALABAMA? Come on

*** Alabama
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-16 11:06:39  
We only have one city named after the rest of the world.

Hell, Michigan
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-16 11:07:53  
Coming from someone who lives in Mormonland <.<
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 39 40 41