Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 39 40 41
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-20 13:02:47  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
And actually, I'm surprised Trump didn't lose more than two. Why? Because Hollywood celebrities made a video. If super important people who pretend to be other people for a living can't change a person's mind on political issues by complaining on YouTube, then we're in deep trouble. I don't want to live in a world where the people who entertain us can't also tell us what to think and do.
All I hear is you whining everyday about something else that's completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... stop getting other people to tell you what to be angry about jesus... why do you even care what celebrities are doing if they're so worthless lol...
By fonewear 2016-12-20 13:06:40  
The only thing worthless is reading anyone's posts besides your own.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-20 14:00:16  
.... I don't want to live in a world where the people who entertain us can't also tell us what to think and do.
I hate to inform you of this.

Entertainers have been telling us what to do and think all my life. Also what to buy. You not only live in such a world, you were born into it.
By eliroo 2016-12-20 14:22:21  
I disagree Chanti, Stephen Colbert told me all about these lies.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-20 15:33:27  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
And actually, I'm surprised Trump didn't lose more than two. Why? Because Hollywood celebrities made a video. If super important people who pretend to be other people for a living can't change a person's mind on political issues by complaining on YouTube, then we're in deep trouble. I don't want to live in a world where the people who entertain us can't also tell us what to think and do.
All I hear is you whining everyday about something else that's completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... stop getting other people to tell you what to be angry about jesus... why do you even care what celebrities are doing if they're so worthless lol...
U Mad Bro?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-20 15:33:54  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
.... I don't want to live in a world where the people who entertain us can't also tell us what to think and do.
I hate to inform you of this.

Entertainers have been telling us what to do and think all my life. Also what to buy. You not only live in such a world, you were born into it.
Hear that whooshing sound?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-20 18:16:50  
OK gang, I am pretty good at geography as are most here I would bet.

But this reference threw me:

China welcomes Sao Tome decision to ditch Taiwan ties

Reuters

Quote:
China's Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday it welcomed an announcement from the small west African country of Sao Tome to end diplomatic relations with self-ruled Taiwan.

"We have noted the statement from the government of Sao Tome and Principe on the 20th to break so-called 'diplomat' ties with Taiwan. China expresses approval of this, and welcomes Sao Tome back onto the correct path of the 'one China' principle," the ministry said in a statement.
I have never heard of that place. /blink

This makes me wonder how small is this alleged country? How much did China pay? What will they give me if I refuse to recognize Taiwan?

Maybe we could all join with FFXIAH to all get a piece of this action.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-20 18:21:30  
wow... {found it}

Its the middle two islands.

Reading from the gardening thread we just might collectively own more land than the smaller one. Even with Alti banned.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-20 19:11:21  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

On a scale from 1 to Flavin, how mad are u, bro?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-21 07:45:36  

And the guy the police are looking for in connection with the truck attack in Berlin

A 20ish year old man from Tunisia
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 09:10:07  
how mad are u
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-21 09:15:49  
Interesting comment I heard today from Tony Fabrizio, one of Trump's pollsters and a veteran political strategist:

"Just 5 counties made the difference: four in Florida and one in Michigan."
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-21 10:55:42  
*But please ignore Cali so we can call it a landslide

Democracy means ignoring the states you don't like *checks them off the map*
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-21 11:00:33  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Isn't that the entire argument on Clinton's "victory"?

"As long as you ignore the other 29 states that Trump won, Clinton won by a landslide 21 states!"
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 11:01:05  

"If you just ignore a major population center, it works out in our favor, see?"

Yeah, there's failed logic on both sides because the electoral college is what it is and we have to work with it, but the whole "well if you don't count a major population center" thing is a bit silly.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-21 11:02:32  
Ramyrez said: »

"If you just ignore a major population center, it works out in our favor, see?"

Yeah, there's failed logic on both sides because the electoral college is what it is and we have to work with it, but the whole "well if you don't count a major population center" thing is a bit silly.
Sorry to break it to you, but one or two cities do not a country make.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 11:02:42  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

"As long as you ignore the other 29 states that Trump won, Clinton won by a landslide 21 states!"

No, pretty sure it's "if you gauge by actual people voting, not the electoral college model."

We have to work with the electoral college, so the results are what they are. But ignoring that the majority of the country didn't vote for Trump is problematic in that...well, you're literally ignoring people instead of just figuratively, which is what some people say caused Trump to win.

So...they're both bad?

Who knows. Let's get drunk.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 11:04:36  
rry to break it to you, but one or two cities do not a country make.

Didn't say it did, did I?

That's your refrain, not mine.

If you'll note, I've said countless times that one way or another, we've got what our system was intended to produce. A "fairly elected" president-elect based on the electoral college system.

I'm just saying some on the right want to ignore people while crying about being ignored.

That's the pure definition of hypocrisy.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 11:04:43  
By fonewear 2016-12-21 11:05:35  
I ignore most of Canada it is turning out quite well actually.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-21 11:06:43  

No, pretty sure it's "if you gauge by actual people voting, not the electoral college model."

We have to work with the electoral college, so the results are what they are. But ignoring that the majority of the country didn't vote for Trump is problematic in that...well, you're literally ignoring people instead of just figuratively, which is what some people say caused Trump to win.

So...they're both bad?

Not ignoring, but you have to admit that the people in NYC and LA have little to no clue about the rest of the country and, most importantly, how to work with people outside their thought process.

I mean, how else can you explain the continual bitching that's happening on the left?
By eliroo 2016-12-21 11:06:46  
Civil disobedience will solve all of our problems.
By fonewear 2016-12-21 11:07:58  
eliroo said: »
Civil disobedience will solve all of our problems.

Were you reading Henry David Thoreau too !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-21 11:09:08  
I mean, how else can you explain the continual bitching that's happening on the left?

And a lot of it is coming from people who didn't even bother to vote.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-21 11:10:17  
And the guy the police are looking for in connection with the truck attack in Berlin

A 20ish year old man from Tunisia[/quote]

Without the eyes how the hell am I supposed to find this guy !
By eliroo 2016-12-21 11:11:52  
If you print it out on an 8x11 sheet of paper, run it through hot water, let it dry, then look at it through an ultra reflective mirror you will see his eyes in HD.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 11:13:18  
Not ignoring, but you have to admit that the people in NYC and LA have little to no clue about the rest of the country and, most importantly, how to work with people outside their thought process.

Most people have no clue outside of their own experience. LA and NY have no clue about what it's like in Wilcox, Pennsylvania, and people from Wilcox would promptly get hit by 33 successive busses they didn't even know were coming the second you set them loose in NYC.

That's just life.
By fonewear 2016-12-21 11:13:27  
eliroo said: »
If you print it out on an 8x11 sheet of paper, run it through hot water, let it dry, then look at it through an ultra reflective mirror you will see his eyes in HD.

I'll just find a look for the guy that has a black bar across his eyes...shouldn't be that hard to find !
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 11:14:33  
Oh, just to keep things fair, inner city folk tend to lose their minds in rural areas too.

My step dad worked for a juvenile detention center in the middle of the forest. They'd get kids shipped in from Philly and every now and then they'd manage to slip security and run away.

Nine times out of ten they came back and asked to be let back into custody because they heard a mountain lion or some other forest critter.
By fonewear 2016-12-21 11:20:56  
Also I think the concept of a "white Christmas" is discrimination. I think we should go back and change the title to. A "diverse Christmas".
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 39 40 41