Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 39 40 41
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-12 14:22:37  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
"I'm not letting Gina control me."

Martin Lawrence is the President?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-12 14:22:46  
Your face is overdramatized
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-12 14:23:10  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ramyrez said: »
whereas The Washington Post, or anyone else for that matter, is admitting to their error?
No they don't.

Making a public statement saying that they were wrong, they didn't check their sources, and that they will do better next time is admitting to their error. All WP did was remove the article in question and trying to play it like it never happened.

Well the original statement needs to be written to that effect then, as I don't read WP regularly. When it's said something is retracted that means there's normally an acknowledgement of error.

I honestly can't say what happened with them as I've not read them.

But I can say that even if you completely distrust the WP and write them off -- and by all means, do so -- that doesn't make running straight to the arms of fear-mongering tabloids a wise course of action.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 14:24:07  
Maybe the media is not perfect, but they're not covering up secrets, they're just refusing to give attention to idiotic stuff like Pizzagate...that sometimes can also lead to dramatic endings.
Or they are just make ***up themselves
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-12 14:24:44  
Zerowone said: »
"facts I don't like" is about to lose all meaning here shortly.

It already has. Haven't you seen it?

"facts I don't like" is the newest alt right liberal conspiracy, apparently, as is being summarily ignored.

Whereas in truth the entire point of "facts I don't like" has been roundly slammed as something that lefties do as much, if not more, than righties.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-12 14:26:47  

Yeah, it'll just be called "news" because there won't be any real news left....
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-12 14:28:04  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
He sure is. His cabinet appointments are just the first step in the incoming onslaught.

I can't wait to see Steve "Breitbart" Bannon fight for me in the white house.

I'm also really excited to see what Ben "I'm not qualified" Carson will do with the housing and urban development problems.

Also Steve Mnuchin is really going to shake up those big banks!

Or how about Scott "I want to destroy my own cabinet position" Pruitt.

Gunna be a crazy year in 2017!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-12 14:28:16  
I think it's really scary and *** dangerous to allow these places such as Infowars to gain traction. Trump is essentially turning people against the media, while redirecting them towards sources that play a much different game.
It's a subtle move but only two steps sideways of going full Erdogan.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Seha 2016-12-12 14:28:37  
I esagerated a bit there!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-12 14:28:42  
Maybe the media is not perfect, but they're not covering up secrets, they're just refusing to give attention to idiotic stuff like Pizzagate...that sometimes can also lead to dramatic endings.
Or they are just make ***up themselves

Pfft, don't even need to quote anything. The top news in the news cycle as we speak is facts I don't like.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 14:28:51  
But I can say that even if you completely distrust the WP and write them off -- and by all means, do so -- that doesn't make running straight to the arms of fear-mongering tabloids a wise course of action.
I agree with this statement.

However, when public trust of media keeps falling, then these outside mainstream "news sources" are going to start getting more attention, especially if they also report some news along with their brand of ***.

Sifting through the ***is an art that's slowly dying out.

*sadpanda*
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-12 14:29:16  

It already has. Haven't you seen it?

"facts I don't like" is the newest alt right liberal conspiracy, apparently, as is being summarily ignored.

Whereas in truth the entire point of "facts I don't like" has been roundly slammed as something that lefties do as much, if not more, than righties.

Remember when Bill O'Reily was head anchor of A Current Affair and now look at where he is today?

Why couldn't the host of Unsolved Mysteries get his own cable news op editorial show?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-12 14:31:52  
I think it's really scary and *** dangerous to allow these places such as Infowars to gain traction. Trump is essentially turning people against the media, while redirecting them towards sources that play a much different game.

Knock it off, it isn't Trump that's killing the MSM. They're firing an automatic weapon at their feet and wondering why their enemy is still alive. The only reason Infowars is gaining ground is because it no longer looks crazy by comparison.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-12 14:32:04  
At this point, I'm just along for the ride.

I can let ***get to me, get pissed, or whatever...or I can just let ***happen and watch the backlash as the consequences roll in.
By eliroo 2016-12-12 14:32:12  
Honestly O'Reilly at least presents both arguments and devil's advocates them both. He may have a pretty heavy slant right but that is a hella lot better than Infowars, Breitbart or Vox when it comes to one-side news.
By Yatenkou 2016-12-12 14:32:46  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
The Russians hacking the election is just the latest narrative of "facts I don't like" put out by the mainstream media to delegitimize Trumps election victory.

I truly hope he continues to move forward getting his message out despite their petulant and insignificant interference.

Drain the swamp.
Exactly, and not only that, but why leave "fingerprints" at the DNC and yet not the RNC? Not only that, but the voting machines couldn't be hacked either because they're not able to hook up to the internet. Any instances of fraud would be isolated, because anyone trying to hack those machines would need physical access to them.

I mean you can't hack 62 million people into voting for someone. Yeah you can spread information and whatnot, but the people that had the biggest hand in their own loss was the MSM talking about how sexist, racist, bigoted, fascist Trump was, and that he had no chance in winning. I'm gonna also cite from Obama himself (I know right? Using someone I don't trust as a source is really welcoming certain people to comment on that.) we did indeed have a lower turnout when it came to African Americans voting. Why vote if he had no chance?

But this isn't just a few states, he won like 80% of the counties in the entire US, yeah he lost the popular vote (How do you influence an election and then win while losing the popular vote? That right there should discredit them because if the EC didn't exist, Trump wouldn't have won.)

He won a huge portion of the swing states, and even with the recount in Wisconsin he was gaining a lead by a couple hundred votes, if not over a thousand (I forget the latest total so I might be way off, but it did say he was gaining more ground.) Michigan put their foot down on Stein and will be making it to where you have to have a voter ID to vote (Which should be mandatory in all states because if you don't have proof of being a registered voter, you shouldn't be allowed to vote, that's far worse than Russia hacking anyone to influence people.)

While I don't think that 2 million + illegals voted in the election, I am confident there are some isolated incidents where they did vote due to lax enforcement of the law.

The final Electoral Score was 306-232 which means that all of those voters were influenced by Russia. Every state was a victim of influence from Moscow and therefore we should just disregard this Electoral landslide.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-12 14:33:08  
Blind fanboyism?
The antidote to liberal denial is reality.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-12 14:33:17  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Pfft, don't even need to quote anything. The top news in the news cycle as we speak is facts I don't like.

Is it? Do you know that?

If so, the CIA would probably like to speak with you.

They're reporting what their sources, assumedly trusted sources, tell them. That's what news does.

It may turn up to be overblown or fake. Could turn out to be legit. Who knows at this point?

Nobody here.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 14:33:17  
Trump is essentially turning people against the media
No.

The media is turning people against the media. Especially when said media continues to demonize half the population.

Of course, this has been going on for a couple of decades at least.....

I mean, why else is Fox News the most watched news source now?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-12 14:33:17  
Knock it off
Read the following post before you get your saltometer too high

Seha said: »
Lighten up cupcake.
By eliroo 2016-12-12 14:33:54  

Knock it off, it isn't Trump that's killing the MSM. They're firing an automatic weapon at their feet and wondering why their enemy is still alive. The only reason Infowars is gaining ground is because it no longer looks crazy by comparison.

Honestly this whole ordeal can be summarize with just the word "Post-Truth" and not one side is particularly guilty. They all are.

Post-Truth and The Outrage society need a solution and ASAP otherwise we will just destroy ourselves.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-12 14:34:49  
eliroo said: »
I'm also really excited to see what Ben "I'm not qualified" Carson will do with the housing and urban development problems.

Anyone else notice he appointed the black guy to a position with the word "Urban" in its title?

Donald come on son that was too cliche!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-12 14:35:17  
Knock it off
Read the following post before you get your saltometer too high

Seha said: »
Lighten up cupcake.

Esagerated? I don't speak Klingon.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 14:35:22  
Anna Ruthven said: »

I can let ***get to me, get pissed, or whatever...or I can just let ***happen and watch the backlash as the consequences roll in.
Oh please, we all know you were rooting for Trump to win cause you just want to watch the world burn!
By Yatenkou 2016-12-12 14:35:35  
My main problem is that, how do you influence an election and lose the popular vote by over 2.5 million votes?
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-12 14:36:35  
Anna Ruthven said: »

Oh please, we all know you were rooting for Trump to win cause you just want to watch the world burn!
No.
By Yatenkou 2016-12-12 14:36:39  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Anyone else notice he appointed the black guy to a position with the word "Urban" in its title?

Donald come on son that was too cliche!
Even if it is cliche, Ben was a great pick because he's a success story who grew up in the government housing. I think he'll really do some good for the people there.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-12 14:37:08  
Influence, not directly hack voting machines. By discrediting the unfavourable candidate and helping the propaganda of the favourable one. Russia does this nearly anywhere in the world.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-12 14:37:33  

Honestly this whole ordeal can be summarize with just the word "Post-Truth" and not one side is particularly guilty. They all are.

Post-Truth and The Outrage society need a solution and ASAP otherwise we will just destroy ourselves.

After the destruction comes creation.

"Wheel in the sky keeps on turning"

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 39 40 41