users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Gearswap - Haste detection rules
Gearswap - Haste detection rules
 Asura.Kroe
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Delagyela
By Asura.Kroe 2016-12-24 08:17:28  
Hi, im trying to do my dnc.lua and will eventually be doing my thf as well, im using kinematics skeleton. I noticed in the bottom it doesnt take in consideration indi/geo - hastes.
Code
function determine_haste_group()
    -- We have three groups of DW in gear: Charis body, Charis neck + DW earrings, and Patentia Sash.

-- For high haste, we want to be able to drop one of the 10% groups (body, preferably).
    -- High haste buffs:
    -- 2x Marches + Haste
    -- 2x Marches + Haste Samba
    -- 1x March + Haste + Haste Samba
    -- Embrava + any other haste buff

-- For max haste, we probably need to consider dropping all DW gear.
    -- Max haste buffs:
    -- Embrava + Haste/March + Haste Samba
    -- 2x March + Haste + Haste Samba

classes.CustomMeleeGroups:clear()

if buffactive.embrava and (buffactive.haste or buffactive.march) and buffactive['haste samba'] then
        classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('MaxHaste')
    elseif buffactive.march == 2 and buffactive.haste and buffactive['haste samba'] then
        classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('MaxHaste')
    elseif buffactive.embrava and (buffactive.haste or buffactive.march or buffactive['haste samba']) then
        classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('HighHaste')
    elseif buffactive.march == 1 and buffactive.haste and buffactive['haste samba'] then
    elseif buffactive.march == 2 and (buffactive.haste or buffactive['haste samba']) then
    end
end

You see? I assume this is a huge problem considering most parties use geo's nowadays. does anyone have any idea how i can add in geo buffs?
 Asura.Lewyo
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2016-12-24 11:18:27  
I do believe buffactive[580] is for indi and geo haste.

Hope that helps
By Delagyela 2016-12-24 11:46:14  
i will try that, thank you
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-12-24 13:24:24  
Asura.Lewyo said: »

Hope that helps
^ That is correct, only issues with GS/Buffactive is that haste 1 and haste 2 shares the same Id :/ Unfortunately, so thats technically the only combo you cannot add to your buffcheck list for tp sets.
By Delagyela 2016-12-24 22:07:26  
Asura.Krystela said: »
Asura.Lewyo said: »

Hope that helps
^ That is correct, only issues with GS/Buffactive is that haste 1 and haste 2 shares the same Id :/ Unfortunately, so thats technically the only combo you cannot add to your buffcheck list for tp sets.

thank you for both confirmation and additional information.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-12-24 22:27:29  
If it's the same ID then you could probably use a similar solution to how it checks for marches, though those rules are also in dire need of expansion considering that there are drastically differing levels of haste you might receive from that one buff.
By beaumb 2016-12-24 22:40:50  
This NIN lua has a haste mode toggle with 2 different sets of rules. One that assumes the haste buff is haste 1 and the other for haste 2. Very useful in situations where you know for a fact you are only getting one or the other. Also if you care, Mighty Guard is buffactive[604]

Example
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-25 07:21:12  
Give my DNC lua a whirl. Based on Mote's, with a few custom bells and whistles, including the improved haste detection you're looking for:

https://github.com/ArislanShiva/luas/blob/master/Arislan-DNC.lua

Embrava, Mighty Guard, Geo Haste all detected.

(winkey-h to toggle over to Haste I, otherwise the sets will default to HasteII delay reduction.)
[+]
By Sidra 2016-12-25 09:38:53  
Arislan - What is the keybind to use the mainstep, or where is it in the lua to edit? I am not finding it.

Edit: Oh I think I get it, its not a keybind. I just make a macro :

//gs c step t

and it will use the step currently set as main on my selected target?
By Delagyela 2016-12-25 19:26:46  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Give my DNC lua a whirl. Based on Mote's, with a few custom bells and whistles, including the improved haste detection you're looking for:

https://github.com/ArislanShiva/luas/blob/master/Arislan-DNC.lua

Embrava, Mighty Guard, Geo Haste all detected.

(winkey-h to toggle over to Haste I, otherwise the sets will default to HasteII delay reduction.)

Okay i really like this. I put all my gear into it and its working perfectly, i have a question about the skill chain pending message,
Is it waiting to see if i use another weaponskill within a set time, and if i do, it equips skillchain gear over my ws set?
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-26 00:55:02  
That was a bit of legacy code that I never bothered to take out. It should work as you described... maybe left over from a time when you'd want to do something like drop WS damage for Skillchain damage? I really can't say for sure.

As long as you dont have a precast.Skillchain set defined, it shouldn't do anything. Now that you've mentioned it, I think I'll comment that stuff out entirely.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1246 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-05-25 07:35:59  
Is there any possibility to make an haste detection rule that work without gearinfo ? (Using Selindrile gearswap)
 Bahamut.Kageniai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Godssin
By Bahamut.Kageniai 2020-06-10 14:45:03  
The very first post is a haste detection rule that doesnt use gearinfo. Since it simply appends the value in the apostrophes you just have to make sets that end like that for example sets.engaged.DW.HighHaste. Though depending on your situation and libraries you may have to use buff IDs instead of buff names.