Random Politics & Religion #17

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #17
Random Politics & Religion #17
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 28 29 30
By fonewear 2017-01-03 18:38:43  
Can we got 3 posts without bashing Trump I don't think it is possible ! One.
By fonewear 2017-01-03 18:39:11  
Two.
By fonewear 2017-01-03 18:39:32  
Three.

Now back to bashing Trump.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-01-03 19:11:16  
British singer agrees to perform at Trump inauguration on one condition
Seattle PI

Nice British Singer Lady Will Do Trump’s Inauguration, On One Hilarious Condition

Wonkette, much funnier.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-03 19:54:04  
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
And so it begins.

Ford halts mexico plant

TL/DR: Due to Trump policies Ford has halted construction plans to build a $1.8Billion plant in Mexico, instead will invest $700 million in Michigan.
Are you sure Trump isn't just taking credit for nothing again?
Was a supply/demand issue
Quote:
CEO Mark Fields told CNBC on Tuesday that President-elect Donald Trump wasn't the main factor when Ford decided to cancel its plans for a $1.6 billion plant in Mexico.

"The bottom line is we're not seeing the volume and the demand that we expected for that plant. And, therefore, we're looking at our capacity and saying, 'You know what, we can build that in an existing facility and use capacity that we already have,'" he said.
And I'm sure that a business-friendly president had nothing to do with it. You know, somebody who promised to not raise taxes on businesses to help pay for their pet projects and/or bribery schemes for votes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-01-03 20:22:01  
Lack of demand means much more than would-be trickle down economics. It's not that hard.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-03 20:25:55  
And in other business news

God Announces Plans To Shift Majority Of Resources Tied Up In Humanity Project To Birds, Rocks
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-03 20:54:15  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Lack of demand means much more than would-be trickle down economics. It's not that hard.
Economic denier!

Seriously, trickle-down government doesn't work. Obama proved that beyond a reasonable doubt.

Only his die-hard fans and clergymen would say otherwise.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-01-03 20:57:57  
Your made-up term has nothing to do with what I said.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-01-03 20:58:02  
Been trickled on lately?

Was it at least still warm?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-03 21:20:10  
Your made-up term has nothing to do with what I said.
So, are you saying that Ford would have still went on with it's move even if Clinton was elected?

Are you stupid, or just denying any influence made by this decision by the election of Trump?

I'm betting on the former myself.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-01-03 21:28:15  
If domestic policy wasn't the major motivation, why would the result have been different?
By crimsondragon 2017-01-04 04:34:55  
Is there really a debate going on that if Clinton was elected Ford still would have done this?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 05:59:57  
If domestic policy wasn't the major motivation, why would the result have been different?
Then why was this decision made after the election? And more importantly, after a pro-business president was elected?

If this is what you say it is, then why did they:

A) Plan on building a plant in Mexico while Clinton was "expected" to win, and

B) Attribute the move to Trump's election, as such:

Quote:
Ford Motor Company announced Tuesday it will cancel a $1.6 billion plant planned for Mexico and will instead invest $700 million in a Michigan assembly plant, directly tying the decision to “pro-growth policies” championed by President-elect Donald Trump.

I know you are still in mourning, but damn, take off your blinders. Or at least, admit that Obama has failed America when it comes to creating jobs and boosting the economy, which is one of the reasons why he was elected in the first place.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-01-04 07:37:12  
If your best argument is Clinton isn't any better then you have no argument...

If someone can't be blamed for something bad because they're not in office yet then how can you attribute something good to that same person if they're still not in office?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-01-04 08:04:48  
crimsondragon said: »
Is there really a debate going on that if Clinton was elected Ford still would have done this?

Dude, there's still debate over whether we landed on the moon (we did) and if Sandy Hook was an "inside job" with actors instead of actual victims (it absolutely was not).

OF COURSE there's debate over petty ***like this.

Welcome to the internet, check your sanity at the *** door.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 08:29:28  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
If someone can't be blamed for something bad because they're not in office yet then how can you attribute something good to that same person if they're still not in office?
When the decision is made in regards to that person who is about to be in office.

I mean, geeze, keep up with the argument for crying out loud.

I know you want to argue just because, but ignoring certain facts just to make your argument will do you no good.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-01-04 08:45:06  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
When the decision is made in regards to that person who is about to be in office.

I know you want to argue just because, but ignoring certain facts just to make your argument will do you no good.
Point being the same goes the other way too... you can't say his actions and words leading up to him taking office can't lead to anything bad now because he's not in office yet then turn around and give him credit for things he does and says now while he's still not in office... you can't have it both ways...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 08:50:28  

Point being the same goes the other way too... you can't say his actions and words leading up to him taking office can't lead to anything bad now because he's not in office yet then turn around and give him credit for things he does and says now while he's still not in office... you can't have it both ways...
Let's put this in another way:

Ford already attributed the move towards Trump's pro-business policies.

Again, ignoring the facts to make an argument isn't going to help your argument at all.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-01-04 08:57:46  

Again, ignoring the facts to make an argument isn't going to help your argument at all.
Did they?
Source 1
Source 2
Source 3a
Source 4
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 09:05:48  
Asura.Dameshi said: »

Did they?
Source 1
Source 2
Source 3a
Source 4
From source 1:

Quote:
Fields also pointed out that the company could do well with a more positive U.S. manufacturing business environment under Trump. "We see the pro-growth policies that he's proposing. So, this is a vote of confidence in what we think the president-elect is going to pursue and it's right for our business," he said.

From source 2:

Quote:
“We’re encouraged by the pro-growth policies President-elect Trump and the new Congress have indicated they’ll pursue,” Fields said. “We believe these tax and regulatory reforms are critically important to boost U.S. competitiveness.”

(The other 2 sources are just analysis of the media's take on it all)

I never said that Trump himself kept Ford from investing in Mexico or brought those jobs back. I said that Ford attributed the move because of the business-friendly environment that Trump's policies are creating.
By Ramyrez 2017-01-04 09:15:27  
I just worry about the "make America a manufacturing giant" again stuff.

I mean, I'm on board with it in theory.

But paying unskilled workers a living wage to perform menial tasks is something businesses already balk at. By making more of those jobs you're not really going to fix anything? You're just going to have more people barely scraping by in a slightly different way or you're going to have the cost of goods spiraling higher and higher to keep profit margins in the black.
By Ramyrez 2017-01-04 09:16:34  
Ramyrez said: »
But paying unskilledsemi-skilled workers

Let me correct that. Automobile manufacturing jobs and similar assembly jobs are frequently slightly more than unskilled, but they aren't skilled trades, either.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-04 09:23:01  
I just worry about the "make America a manufacturing giant" again stuff.

I mean, I'm on board with it in theory.

But paying unskilled workers a living wage to perform menial tasks is something businesses already balk at. By making more of those jobs you're not really going to fix anything? You're just going to have more people barely scraping by in a slightly different way or you're going to have the cost of goods spiraling higher and higher to keep profit margins in the black.

I think I know where you're going with this, but I keep seeing this sentiment that somehow the availability of low-wage jobs is worse than having no job options at all.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 09:24:50  
By making more of those jobs you're not really going to fix anything?
Besides increase productivity?

How about having one person able to do more than one job? Instead of having a person who knows only how to weld a specific joint to a specific assembly, how about that same person also know how to build that assembly to the specifications prior to it being welded, or something further up or down the line?

Hate to tell you this, but unions are the ones demanding that the one person only knows how to do that one, very specific job, and nothing else. And if that job gets automatized, well, too bad for that union worker, cause now he has no skills at doing something else.

Being able to work multiple jobs on one line, or the same type of job on multiple lines, would probably help the worker a lot more than being a very specific job. If production isn't needed as much on that one line, at least that worker can go somewhere else where production is needed elsewhere. Or if there's a big order on one line, then more workers can work on that line if everyone has multiple skillsets.

Remember, this isn't just for automakers either. The auto industry does not make the entire US economy.
By fonewear 2017-01-04 09:25:14  
The future of unskilled jobs will be automated to the point where no human will do them. We are already heading in that direction. You don't think McDonald's would love to fire all their employees and have robot burger flippers.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-04 09:26:39  
There will be jobs in robotics and artificial intelligence though on the flip side of all this automation.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 09:28:16  
fonewear said: »
The future of unskilled jobs will be automated to the point where no human will do them. We are already heading in that direction. You don't think McDonald's would love to fire all their employees and have robot burger flippers.
I think they would rather have the customer make their own burgers.

That way, if anything is wrong with it, it's the customer's fault, not McD's.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-04 09:29:32  
We had to deal with this in the 1800's during the industrial revolution. How to find employment for people that spent all their time in manual labor. I think we are better equipped now than in the 1800s.
By Ramyrez 2017-01-04 09:30:01  
fonewear said: »
There will be jobs in robotics and artificial intelligence though on the flip side of all this automation.

Yeah, except...that's not apples to apples.

Yes, there might be some overlap, but the people attaching bumpers to chassis aren't necessarily people who are going to be able to get into robotics maintenance.

We've got a lot of not-stupid-but-not-bright people in this country that are going to be *** all useless in an era of automation.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 28 29 30