Random Politics & Religion #17

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #17
Random Politics & Religion #17
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 28 29 30
By fonewear 2017-01-11 15:45:25  
Viciouss said: »
fonewear said: »
I miss that one guy that believed everything was a conspiracy theory. What happened to him did a Russian spy get him ?

nausi? LG? Blazed? Which?

I think it was LG.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-11 15:47:27  
"I use the previous day's underwear instead of coffee filters. That's how I saved enough money to make it through the Obama presidency." - Altimaomega
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-11 15:49:50  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Now I don't disagree with your points Savael but I find the post ironic in contrast to one of your previous posts today regarding the media and Trump regarding Russia and its attempts to subvert and influence of American populace and government.

The Media is generally very baised and I always assume it's biased regardless and so everything is read with a truck full of salt. I purposefully look for those ambiguous unqualified words and give any points made with them a very wide margin for truthfulness and accuracy.

That guy doesn't deserve a pardon, what he did was illegal, he knew it was illegal and he likely attempted to dispose of evidence afterward because he knew it was illegal. That should sound extremely similar to what a former Secretary of State and Presidential Candidate did. One is sitting in a prison cell, the other is living a luxurious high society lifestyle, the only difference being the magnitude of political connections they possess. This is important because liberals are always screaming about how "filthy rich evil white male bankers / CEO's" are always "getting away with crimes" because of their political connections, yet when one of their own blatantly does it, they are either silent or even defend them. It makes the rest of their moral arguments look disingenuous.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-11 15:50:59  
Well hey, at least we got Saevel to admit that guy doesn't deserve a pardon. Progress!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-11 15:56:57  
<.< >.> <.<

When did I ever argue for him to get a pardon... he broke the law and he knew better. My point has always been that Hillary broke the law and either knew better, or was so incompetent as to not pay attention to the numerous security policy briefings she was given and signed her name to. Her position was then used to shield her from the repercussions of her actions.
By Viciouss 2017-01-11 16:01:43  
Yes we know, you posted a story for the sole purpose of attacking Clinton. Who cares about attacking the weakness of the defense right? Just focus on Clinton.
By crimsondragon 2017-01-11 16:06:13  
Asura.Saevel said: »
<.< >.> <.<

When did I ever argue for him to get a pardon... he broke the law and he knew better. My point has always been that Hillary broke the law and either knew better, or was so incompetent as to not pay attention to the numerous security policy briefings she was given and signed her name to. Her position was then used to shield her from the repercussions of her actions.

I noticed that when you go against the thinking of this Vicious guy he makes up stuff to change the conversation.

I'd ask who altima is but it looks like another one of his rabbit holes.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-11 16:08:46  
Perfect example of myopic viewpoints..

The story was presented to demonstrate how extremely serious the US Government takes storing or transmitting classified material on unauthorized privately owned equipment. On the lists of things that can get you put in jail that ranks right up near the top with assaulting your boss. When that information become public I made several posts detailing how extremely serious that was and the liberals here on this site just waived their hands "oh it's just email" and tried to dismiss the whole thing. My position would be the exact same regardless of who was running for President or the election situation. If a different cabinet member was caught doing the same thing, I have the exact same response.

Now if you actually read that article then you would notice that other people on his ship also got caught taking private pictures of their classified work places but they didn't get discharged or put in jail. Know the difference? They didn't try to hide it or destroy evidence like this guy, and Hillary, did. They admitted the mistake and poor judgement and were admonished, received non-judicial punishment and administrative sanctions, and continued on with their lives. They won't be allowed near classified material for awhile though. Hillary not only evaded the prison time, but also was attempting to run for President, with full support of the DNC and President Obama. That ***is just bonkers corrupt.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2017-01-11 16:19:16  
And in terms of Hillary using her private email during her time as secretary of state, there's going to be a lot of emails that are classified (They're no longer classified now, but they were when they were compromised)

This whole Russian hacker thing stinks (Getting off topic) and it's getting to the point I wonder even if Russia did it. If they would have done it, would the code even be written in Russian? Time stamps in the code? Outdated code originating from Ukraine? This makes me think it was a lone wolf attack at most.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-01-11 16:25:10  
Except that you have two groups advertising responsibility for the hacks: "fancy bear" and "cozy bear". both of which have associations and connections to the GRU.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-11 16:29:17  
Yatenkou said: »
And in terms of Hillary using her private email during her time as secretary of state, there's going to be a lot of emails that are classified (They're no longer classified now, but they were when they were compromised)

Private email servers are nothing new and are perfectly acceptable for people to conduct private matters on. They absolutely should not be used for official business or anything even remotely related to official business. The daily schedule of the Secretary of State and all the other members of the Executive cabinet are considered official business. Anyone with the rank of SES (Civil Service) or General Officer (Armed Forces) carries such an immense amount of responsibility and power that they must live their lives with a greater amount of transparency then regular folks.

Prime example was that if Russia, or another nation not very friendly to the USA, had knowledge of where and when senior executives were going to be, they could intercept them, eaves drop on them, or just observe and use that information for nefarious purposes. That material acquired could then be used to influence the national politics of the USA.
By fonewear 2017-01-11 17:03:21  
Anna Ruthven said: »
"I use the previous day's underwear instead of coffee filters. That's how I saved enough money to make it through the Obama presidency." - Altimaomega

How I survived Obama:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-11 17:15:30  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Except that you have two groups advertising responsibility for the hacks: "fancy bear" and "cozy bear". both of which have associations and connections to the GRU.

I'm pretty sure it was just Dracondria.

[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-11 17:17:57  
I know how to keep Drac away:

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-01-11 17:53:01  
Trump 'compromising' claims: How and why did we get here?
BBC

Full timeline and DETAILED information. Well not the nasty details in the alleged tapes, but full details of the investigation.

A few choice, teasing, parts:
Quote:
Donald Trump has described as "facts I don't like" allegations published in some media that his election team colluded with Russia - and that Russia held compromising material about his private life. The BBC's Paul Wood saw the allegations before the election, and reports on the fallout now they have come to light....

I understand the CIA believes it is credible that the Kremlin has such kompromat - or compromising material - on the next US commander in chief. At the same time a joint taskforce, which includes the CIA and the FBI, has been investigating allegations that the Russians may have sent money to Mr Trump's organization or his election campaign....

And the former MI6 agent is not the only source for the claim about Russian kompromat on the president-elect. Back in August, a retired spy told me he had been informed of its existence by "the head of an East European intelligence agency".

Later, I used an intermediary to pass some questions to active duty CIA officers dealing with the case file - they would not speak to me directly. I got a message back that there was "more than one tape", "audio and video", on "more than one date", in "more than one place" - in the Ritz-Carlton in Moscow and also in St Petersburg - and that the material was "of a sexual nature"....

Last April, the CIA director was shown intelligence that worried him. It was - allegedly - a tape recording of a conversation about money from the Kremlin going into the US presidential campaign....
By fonewear 2017-01-11 18:06:33  
I recommend we send Chanti to Russia to confirm these allegations !
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-11 19:10:25  
fonewear said: »
I recommend we send Chanti to Russia to confirm these allegations !

Wow they are just shotgunning everything and seeing what sticks.

Here is a hint, if you have compromising information on someone you don't then send them money, it's the other way around. This really does remind me of Bush's WMD episode, his staff wanted to find an excuse and so they could easily stitch enough things together to give the general idea that there might be WMD's there. Intelligence work isn't an exact science, instead it's about taking dozens if not hundreds of different reports and putting them together to make a bigger picture. Because those reports often have huge gaping holes, the intelligence analysts need to apply quite a bit of guesswork to fill them in. The system works pretty well when done without any political influence, but with political influence it becomes a propaganda machine. Those putting the work together can stitch things they want while leaving out things they don't want, use biased judgement when filling in those holes and present a product that's more fiction then fact.

So please be extremely careful when reading any media interpreted opinion on intelligence reports presented by a politically motivated executive branch.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-11 19:16:38  
How great was Trump's press conference today fam?

I still gotta *** from it.

Anyone check on Jim Acosta tonight?
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-11 19:18:21  
Thats exactly why CNN didn't release the memos, despite knowing about them, they didn't report them because it was impossible to discern their accuracy. But Trump attacked them anyway.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-11 19:20:02  
Vic is apparently a CNN apologist now?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-11 20:14:27  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
How great was Trump's press conference today fam?

I still gotta *** from it.

Anyone check on Jim Acosta tonight?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-11 20:18:45  
Also of note Soft Sensuality inauguration !

Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-01-11 20:42:33  
BuzzFeed released the memos and not CNN. Wow what a bold stance.
By fonewear 2017-01-11 20:51:17  
Who the hell reads Buzzfeed it is on the same level as Huff Post and Yahoo news.
[+]
By crimsondragon 2017-01-11 20:55:14  
Then CNN, MSNBC and the rest of our facts I don't like outlets lapped up that unverified, unsubstantiated, he said, she said crap, like the professional journalists they are.

That MSNBC reporter was right though. It has caused quite the explosive dialogue. Just not in the way he though. Kinda like how the whole facts I don't like has backfired on them.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-11 21:10:38  
No they didn't, they all stayed away and reported how irresponsible it was for Buzzfeed to release the memos. But hey, you tried.
By crimsondragon 2017-01-11 21:40:51  
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-11 22:16:46  
WTF how could Trump be so inappropriate? I hate Drumpf now.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-01-11 22:31:03  
By fonewear 2017-01-11 22:32:33  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
WTF how could Trump be so inappropriate? I hate Drumpf now.

That is what it seems like these days who can hate Trump more ? Like it's a contest !
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 28 29 30