users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Looking to come back
Looking to come back
 Cerberus.Jogiyat
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Jogikat
By Cerberus.Jogiyat 2017-01-09 14:23:38  
Hey all, probably seen a thread like this a 100 times already, but looking to get back into the game. Haven't played since 2012. Where do I even start?
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2017-01-09 14:48:37  
The community reps put together a Twitch video showing off some of the recent adjustments to the game over the last few years, and some direction for returnees on what to do now:

https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxi/v/101944408

Hopefully you still have one or two friends left on your flist or ls that you can get to help you.
 Asura.Valmur
サーバ: Asura
user: Valmur
By Asura.Valmur 2017-01-09 16:10:33  
Hey Jogi :) most of the old players from cerb moved to Asura
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-09 16:28:41  
-Start with doing RoE quests and RoV missions (hence the other storylines).
-Get 117 sparks gear
-upgrade needed AF/relic gear to 119 by doing high tier battlefields for which you need sacred crests (other usefull gear drops from these)
-you can do alluvion skirmish in yorcia weald for basic 119 gear.
-Get a JSE weapon.
-from doing RoV missions you can unlock escha-zitah/escha ru'aun/reisenjima from which you can get 119 gear, the NM's come in tiers with increasing difficulty.
-start building capacity points (capacity points gained per mob can be increased with RoV/RoE)
-try and do as much as possible ambuscade

Thats pretty much all i feel like typing, its überbasic but gives you an idea (I probably forgot something).
They now have ls concierges that hand out lspearls, usually you'll find a ls that recruits returning players (depends on your server hough)
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-09 16:49:29  
Cerberus.Jogiyat said: »
Hey all, probably seen a thread like this a 100 times already, but looking to get back into the game. Haven't played since 2012. Where do I even start?

You can only come back if you bring Elien with you.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2017-01-10 20:19:52  
Well, well, well. Welcome back! I warn you, everyone on Cerberus (or almost) as gone to Asura. You may want to consider server transferring if you don't want to feel too lonely.

Have a nice time back!

@Ava * /elienchecksyou/elienchecksyou/elienchecksyou *
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [708 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aricsr
user: ariurban
By Asura.Aricsr 2018-12-19 21:30:32  
Wow, Elien, haven't heard that name in awhile.. Good old Bard days...
Also remembering Banigaru and Wakko too among many other great Bards during those early years... (Spoony too :D)

wonder if Killing Ifrit website will ever come back too >.>
 Fenrir.Magi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2018-12-19 21:47:34  
wow amazing necro!!!
By DominisCerberus 2018-12-21 00:40:34  
Those are some names I haven't heard in over a decade.

Also, KI isn't coming back. I'm sorry. I kinda wish it would, though. It was such a great site for all things drama.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1549 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aricsr
user: ariurban
By Asura.Aricsr 2023-03-19 07:32:13  
bump>>>

It's been a very long time, i'm in my 50's now :/...
I have switched to Asura server a while ago though I haven't been on much due to work and getting old with my son now.
FFXI will always be a huge part of my past life, If anyone from back in the days still plays this old game (fun still).. hit me up on Asura server. I haven't found much online friends to join a linkshell yet, not like back in the days.
I do see Ownageblm on this server. We chatted a little bit, a very nice person.
I don't mind switching servers if a good old school linkshell exists. Though I am not on everyday, I can make time for good friends and good company. Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2023-03-19 11:31:46  
Asura.Aricsr said: »
bump>>>

It's been a very long time, i'm in my 50's now :/...
I have switched to Asura server a while ago though I haven't been on much due to work and getting old with my son now.
FFXI will always be a huge part of my past life, If anyone from back in the days still plays this old game (fun still).. hit me up on Asura server. I haven't found much online friends to join a linkshell yet, not like back in the days.
I do see Ownageblm on this server. We chatted a little bit, a very nice person.
I don't mind switching servers if a good old school linkshell exists. Though I am not on everyday, I can make time for good friends and good company. Thanks.

What was your original server? :o I hope you find some nice people to play with :)
 Asura.Blittzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2023-03-19 13:09:17  
Welcome back!
[+]