Random Politics & Religion #19

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 82 83 84
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-02-08 09:00:38  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Follow the money.
Yeah, she paid the gop and now she's part of the swamp.
Ok I guess you can just ignore her previous educational experience outright.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-08 09:05:41  
Follow the money.
Yeah, she paid the gop and now she's part of the swamp.
Ok I guess you can just ignore her previous educational experience outright.
Remember, this is a group of people who believe that a union president who pushed Common Core is a better choice for SoEd.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-08 09:05:58  
I know everyone thinks she's unqualified, but it's largely people connected and paid by the public education monopoly we have going on.
Did you not watch the embarrassing video of her hearings?

And I see you refuse to stay coherent with your support of "drain the swamp". It's fine when the swamp is warm for you I guess.

And just to be clear cause I wouldn't wanna assume, but what do you mean exactly with your comment about public education?
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2017-02-08 09:08:31  
There was an article on Science News a couple of months ago about the topic of fixed data, I'll get back to you as soon as I find it again.
I'm sorry, the article was actually about the "pause" which was proved to have never happened. I got confused cause I remembered it was something I wanted to post here at the time, but it was a weekend and p&r was closed(lol).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-08 09:11:55  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
There was an article on Science News a couple of months ago about the topic of fixed data, I'll get back to you as soon as I find it again.
I'm sorry, the article was actually about the "pause" which was proved to have never happened. I got confused cause I remembered it was something I wanted to post here at the time, but it was a weekend and p&r was closed(lol).
Which is what the whistleblower stated that the report using mishandled and altered information to try to state the "pause" never occurred is stating.

I mean, climate "scientists" have
no vested interest
in altering the data to make their research look good, nope, none at all.

While they cash those billion $ checks to fund more of their "research."

I wonder, if anyone has done an audit on such research and funding. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if a significant portion of said research goes towards personal expenses than the actual research....
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-08 09:13:11  
"drain the swamp"

we're draining the swamp!.....

to build an exclusive golf resort for billionaires
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-08 09:15:08  
Golf is boring. Rich men are so weird.

It's all about golf, cars and their awesome new watch.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-02-08 09:25:44  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
See, it wasn't proved at all. All that data was falsified. Skewed to fit the chosen narrative.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-08 09:26:24  
No it wasn't. A daily mail story does not make it so, there are already countless articles debunking that.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-08 09:28:13  
Golf is boring.

It's going to be YUGE!

and guess who is paying for it!

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-08 09:29:10  

You forgot the $4000 suit.

[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-08 09:30:21  

Don't forget meticulous business cards.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-08 09:31:29  
No it wasn't. A daily mail story does not make it so, there are already countless articles debunking that.
I'm sure you can provide such sources.

That link you provided did nothing to counter Bates claims that the data has been manipulated. In some cases, it actually showed evidence proving substantiation of said claims....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-08 09:33:32  
In titties news: people are protesting in Argentina against an order that forbids women to sunbathe topless.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-02-08 09:34:06  
I know everyone thinks she's unqualified, but it's largely people connected and paid by the public education monopoly we have going on.
Did you not watch the embarrassing video of her hearings?

And I see you refuse to stay coherent with your support of "drain the swamp". It's fine when the swamp is warm for you I guess.

And just to be clear cause I wouldn't wanna assume, but what do you mean exactly with your comment about public education?

Public education is essentially a monopoly run by government unions. For he last 40 years or more we have continued to pour more and more money into the sector and have gotten pretty much zero for it. Meanwhile teachers and administrators get paid the equivalent of 6 figure salaries. It is a total rip off and the vast majority of parents have no option but to buckle in and ride the rollercoaster.

That's what people opposing Devos are essentially pushing for. More of the same broken rip off. At least with Trump, people might have some kind of alternative.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-08 09:36:52  
Public education should be one of the pinnacles of civilization, you should want to improve it, not dismiss it.

Also something something looking clueless about growth vs porficiency.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-02-08 09:38:46  
Ramyrez said: »

look at that subtle off-white coloring... the tasteful thickness of it... oh my god, it even has a watermark
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-08 09:40:52  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Ramyrez said: »

look at that subtle off-white coloring... the tasteful thickness of it... oh my god, it even has a watermark
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-02-08 09:44:10  
Public education should be one of the pinnacles of civilization, you should want to improve it, not dismiss it.

Public anything is always the pinnacle of nothing. It is that way for the specific reason that its public.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-08 09:45:11  

Tell that to the teacher's unions then.

They were the ones who dismiss education in terms of adding more power, money, and influence, while decrying that anyone opposed them are "not thinking about the children" and play on people's emotions.

State the obvious facts about the inefficiencies of today's public education and it's somehow somebody else's fault.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-08 09:48:50  

Public anything is always the pinnacle of nothing. It is that way for the specific reason that its public.
Do you not understand why it is of utmost importance that every citizen has access to education without being discriminated in any form, including class?

Pun unintended lol.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-08 09:54:26  

Do you not understand why it is of utmost importance that every citizen has access to education without being discriminated in any form, including class?

Pun unintended lol.
You know what's even more important than that?

Having better than substandard education period.

Common Core has failed us, even the most liberal have admitted that, but they still go against a woman who not only will get rid of it, but also give parents choices in the education they prefer for their children.

Which scares unions a lot, because when it succeeds, all of their hard work in controlling the education sector will go up in smoke. What they are scared most about is that since private schools do not require their educators to be in unions, they will lose more funding because private schools are giving better services than the unions can provide. Unions cannot create, they can only take.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-02-08 09:56:32  
YouTube Video Placeholder

The secret to the trump administration...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-08 09:58:14  
So many music puns there....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-08 09:59:01  
Actually Lina, I have a question for you:

What are your thoughts on Brexit and how the UK parliament is handling it today?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-08 10:06:29  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I wonder, if anyone has done an audit on such research and funding. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if a significant portion of said research goes towards personal expenses than the actual research....

Not really like that, it's just that they now have a vested interest in keeping that gravy train rolling and anyone who questions the acidic responses gets black listed and has their career destroyed. It's the pinnacle of progressive policy, you will comply with their agenda or face severe life altering consequences.

The archived raw data is available to anyone now, man groups were secretly archiving it before NASA and NOAA caught on and started "updating" the archival data then claiming they didn't do that, which they were called out on, and then changed their claim to say "well we didn't want anyone to be confused". They have been selectively deleting data points since the mid to late 90's since it became evident that the changes observed in the 70's to early 90's weren't continuing even though CO2 emissions had increased. That twenty year template is what was used to created the "CO2 is evil" theory, and at the time the data fit nicely. Then during the 90's it stopped fitting nicely, and by the late 90's had stopped fitting at all and needed to be "massaged" to fit the model. That's when the AGW crowd really started ratcheting up the noise level and it only got worse as the data falsification and massaging got more radical. Now we're at the point that their just discarding all data that doesn't fit their model, and then generating new data by interpolating the few data points that do fit, and then using that Frankenstein as proof of the model.

Years ago I mentioned on this very forum that the warming trend had long since ceased and we were only a 10+ year pause that would soon be hitting the 20 year mark. When that ***got to 18 years climate alarmists panicked and cycled through about four or five different contradictory theories in the same year to "disprove" the pause. Everything from "the warming is hiding in the deep Ocean" to the final Jedi Like "This isn't the data your looking for" they all agreed would be more politically acceptable. The Emperor's new clothes and such.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-02-08 10:07:37  
Actually Lina, I have a question for you:

What are your thoughts on Brexit and how the UK parliament is handling it today?
I think the idea was silly... And i do genuinely worry about the future of the UK outside the EU. I think you already know i voted stay.

I Don't think i have seen the details, or our leaving "Goals" Per say if Parliament today vote to leave.
But i also feel like May tried to be cheeky and try to push the bill basically under the table, which i think was wrong of her to do so.

But i also feel the 48.1% of us who voted to stay than leave, is being ignored. (My Local MP is one of the few from labour who are voting no. Thank you!!!)

I'll look to see if there are more details on the Brexit Plan now and get back to you.

Edit: (because i can haha!!) I don't think we're going to get a free trade agreement with EU. /o/
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-08 10:14:58  
Which scares unions a lot, because when it succeeds, all of their hard work in controlling the education sector will go up in smoke. What they are scared most about is that since private schools do not require their educators to be in unions, they will lose more funding because private schools are giving better services than the unions can provide. Unions cannot create, they can only take.

This is the core problem of progressive religion. They need that control and monopoly. Right now the Education establishment can do whatever they want, say whatever they want and teach whatever they want with almost no checks. It's not even classroom teachers, those are usually people trying their hardest, it's the education administrators and endless oceans of bureaucrats involved that just suck the money right out of the system.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-08 10:15:07  
What they are scared most about is that since private schools do not require their educators to be in unions

What I'm more worried about is private schools don't require teachers to be teachers, or to have any expertise in the fields they teach.

Most quality private schools obviously have that because they're quality schools.

But poor people don't get access to those schools. They get the ***charter schools that have poor standards and ulterior motives -- liberal or conservative, take your pick, they're both out there.

Cry as you will about teachers unions, but I, for one, never had a public school teacher try to impose any ideology on me, even when their own leanings were quite obvious.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-08 10:15:19  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Years ago I mentioned on this very forum that the warming trend had long since ceased and we were only a 10+ year pause that would soon be hitting the 20 year mark.
And you were and still are wrong.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 82 83 84