Random Politics & Religion #19

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 82 83 84
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-09 10:43:13  
Connecticut has the seaboard area, which is chock full of rich *** from new york city... but they also have some kick *** seafood restaurants that are not to be missed.

then off the coast line there is the super depressing high poverty zone of north new jersey

then they have colonial harford area if you want to go see a bunch of weirdos.

I highly recommend finding someone who lives in the town you are headed to there to show you around.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-09 10:43:50  
Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Wouldn't you think that anti-business policies over the years would have a negative impact over the local economy to the point of unsustainable livelihood?

Wouldn't you, you know, not support such initiatives so your state can be a competitor in the business market for investments.

What do you want me to support, exactly?

Initiatives that allow the state's land and people to be exploited?

No, *** that. If you're not going to treat workers fairly and preserve our environment, don't come here. I don't give a ***. If people want to work for you for slave wages they can move wherever you decide to go otherwise.

I mean, seriously, you are predispositioned to believe that businesses only exist to exploit the workers/consumers/environment/<insert SJW cause>.

I hate to break it to you, but nearly all businesses do not operate that way. For one, it's bad PR. For two, it's minimal short-term gain/huge long-term loss. For three, it's illegal. For four, it's ineffective. For five, those businesses have historically (mostly) never survived past 5 years doing that. For six, those who start doing that find their long-term profits shrink considerably. For seven, not all businesses are capable of even attempting to do it, as it is costly to even attempt to do it. For eight, those that have the ability to even attempt to do any of those predispositions represent less than 1% of 1% of 1% of 1% of 1% of businesses out there, effecting less than 1% of 1% of 1% of 1% of the workforce out there. For nine, you are more likely to do that to other people/environment than business people, especially those who own small to medium-sized businesses (you know, the people who supply almost all of the workforce in America) can. For ten, businesses are highly regulated, and industry standards prevent the type of things you are accusing them of doing. For eleven, you have no evidence of such happenings that are happening in such a scale that you insinuate, you are basing your opinion by what your union representative keeps telling you to say and the very rare occasion that a business actually does it.

Long story short, you are talking out of your ***, you are against businesses for who-knows-what reason (except by what your union representative keeps telling you to say) because you like to keep your state citizens down. As long as you aren't inversely affected, that is. But when (not a matter of if, but when) you are....I guarantee you that you will change your tune really quick.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-09 10:44:59  
Wouldn't you think that anti-business policies over the years would have a negative impact over the local economy to the point of unsustainable livelihood?

Wouldn't you, you know, not support such initiatives so your state can be a competitor in the business market for investments.

What do you want me to support, exactly?

Initiatives that allow the state's land and people to be exploited?

No, *** that. If you're not going to treat workers fairly and preserve our environment, don't come here. I don't give a ***. If people want to work for you for slave wages they can move wherever you decide to go otherwise.

Look here you Teddy Rooseveltian we don't need your tree hugging bull-moose-lamb environmental politics with your stifling regulations getting in the way of our laissez-faire capitalism.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-09 10:45:46  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Then you will suffer the consequences. Actions have consequences, this is the ultimate law of the universe.

Ok?

I mean, I really don't get what you guys are looking for from me.

You want me to come around to the idea that exploiting poor people is a good thing?
By supporting policies that not only keep them poor, but also increase the number of poor people in your area?

Tell us how welfare system in your state has gotten people off welfare.
By Ramyrez 2017-02-09 10:46:25  
King pretends he thinks all people are evil until it comes to businessmen, then they're entirely ethical and only want what's best for everyone.

What a joke.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-09 10:49:10  
Shareholders are just misunderstood champions of the common man, Ramy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-09 10:50:39  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Connecticut has the seaboard area, which is chock full of rich *** from new york city... but they also have some kick *** seafood restaurants that are not to be missed.

then off the coast line there is the super depressing high poverty zone of north new jersey

then they have colonial harford area if you want to go see a bunch of weirdos.

I highly recommend finding someone who lives in the town you are headed to there to show you around.

I'll be working in the Stamford area, down by New York. Probably not living there, though, because the cost of living is too big of a jump from where I'm at now. Anywho, I'm looking forward to some good seafood. Where I grew up, the best seafood in town was Long John Silver's....
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-09 10:52:49  
all people are evil

I don't know why more people don't just embrace being evil...

It's a lot of fun and WAY easier than trying to put a happy spin on cut throat corporate culture.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-09 10:53:51  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
the best seafood in town was Long John Silver's....

you poor ***....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-09 10:53:52  
. Anywho, I'm looking forward to some good seafood. Where I grew up, the best seafood in town was Long John Silver's....

Well, when you have such a high benchmark to begin from...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-09 10:56:19  
King pretends he thinks all people are evil until it comes to businessmen, then they're entirely ethical and only want what's best for everyone.

What a joke.
Absolutely not.

I never said that, but I don't think that businesses are inherently evil because they are businesses. You keep forgetting the human aspect of businesses.

Humans are evil. Organizational structures are neither evil nor good, as they don't have a will on their own. And you can try to use Citizen's United as an argument, but if you do, you completely miss the point of that case.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-02-09 10:56:35  
I don't think her intentions were wrong, but Kellyanne just needs to learn to think before she speaks.

Moreso Trump needs to think before he tweets. She was probably thinking "damn, now I gotta clean this ***up" and accidentally made it worse.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-02-09 10:58:22  
Quote:
"An Idaho judge who said a man who raped a 14-year-old girl could be released on probation if he agreed not to have sex outside of wedlock also linked the case to a breakdown of morality in the social media age, adding: “If I had my way, I would eliminate the internet.”

The unusual requirement that a convict remain celibate as a condition of probation received widespread attention this week, after segments of Judge Randy J Stoker’s ruling were made public.

“I will tell you, sir, that if you are ever placed on probation to this court, a condition of that probation will be you will not have sexual relations with anyone other than who you are married to, if you’re married, period,” the Twin Falls district judge said.

However, additional details of the judge’s ruling, contained in a transcript of the hearing obtained by the Guardian, reveal how Stoker delivered what amounts to a sermon on modern-day morality in which he connected the 14-year-old victim’s rape to “the social media system”.

The extramarital celibacy requirement is highly unusual but has some statutory basis in conservative Idaho, where premarital sex is still technically a crime, although the statute banning “fornication” is rarely if ever enforced.”*

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/08/idaho-judge-rape-social-media-twin-falls
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-09 10:58:38  
you can try to use Citizen's United as an argument, but if you do, you completely miss the point of that case.

how about Enron?
By Ramyrez 2017-02-09 10:58:58  
all people are evil

It's a lot of fun and WAY easier than trying to put a happy spin on cut throat corporate culture.

Right?

It would be a start if people would stop pretending they give a ***about the people they're squeezing every dime they can out of.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-02-09 11:00:11  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
She was probably thinking "damn, now I gotta clean this ***up" and accidentally made it worse.

Or just as likely was just saying something that wouldn't be at odds with Trump. He prob gave her two thumbs up for defending his daughter despite the criticism it's drawn.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-09 11:02:49  
all people are evil

Right?

It would be a start if people would stop pretending they give a ***about the people they're squeezing every dime they can out of.

Well, at least we wouldn't have professional politicians anymore.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-09 11:03:23  
all people are evil

I blame feminism and the decline of masculinity for the rise in people trying to be "good"
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-02-09 11:03:44  
Humans are evil.

Every person has the potential for great nobility and extreme cruelty existing within them at the same time. It's the individual's choice which side shows through.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-09 11:04:49  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Humans are evil.

Every person has the potential for great nobility and extreme cruelty existing within them at the same time. It's the individual's choice which side shows through.

I'll drink to that every time.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-02-09 11:05:10  
fonewear said: »
I blame feminism and the decline of masculinity for the rise in people trying to be "good"

I sat in such bad NY traffic for hours yesterday that I no longer care about the welfare of others.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-09 11:05:59  
all people are evil

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2017-02-09 11:06:04  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »

I sat in such bad NY traffic for hours yesterday that I no longer care about the welfare of others.

It's really true.

You put me in a traffic jam and I'm every bit the monster as anyone else.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-09 11:06:37  
you can try to use Citizen's United as an argument, but if you do, you completely miss the point of that case.

how about Enron?
For eleven, you have no evidence of such happenings that are happening in such a scale that you insinuate, you are basing your opinion by what your union representative keeps telling you to say and the very rare occasion that a business actually does it.
Yes, Enron was a mess. It brought the perception of business deals and (worse yet) accounting principles to a much darker area. What they did hurt hundreds of thousands of people and employees, and we not only learned from it, we also created laws that will prevent another Enron.

People will continue to break the law, but we cannot accuse a whole industry, or even a whole group of people based on the actions of a very small minority.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-09 11:07:09  
Have you ever consider people are naturally evil and society tries to make us good ?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-09 11:07:41  
I think we are naturally violent also.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-09 11:11:12  
Have you ever consider people are naturally evil and society tries to make us good ?

I think society in general is trying to fix problems by approaching them from how it thinks they should be, not how they actually are.

It's kind of like buying Lambourghini parts to fix your 1983 Ford Ranger and wondering why nothing is working.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-09 11:12:51  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Think about how much Trump has united people towards causes or protests.
Or how much the world came together due to Hitler gaining power

Here we go again....
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 82 83 84