Random Politics & Religion #19

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 82 83 84
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-14 14:41:20  
Josiahkf said: »
That trademark condescension that only serves to convey, "I am incapable of genuine dialogue."
Only when you are predisposed in seeing that.
By Ramyrez 2017-02-14 14:43:45  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
That trademark condescension that only serves to convey, "I am incapable of genuine dialogue."
Only when you are predisposed in seeing that.

Could you have responded in a way more befitting of what he just said?

You condescend all the time. And even if the person you're speaking to is genuinely wrong, they'd have to be basically incapable of reading (in the literal sense, not your ad hominem retort) to not pickup on your tone.

You're not alone by any means in that, but you certainly do it and pretending to do otherwise is you doing a genuine disservice to yourself.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-14 14:46:09  
The person is talking about Industrial Capitalism not the general encompassing concept of Capitalism. The key to understanding that is the reference to the Industrial Revolution. Also helps if you are a student of more than one history and political ideology.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-14 14:52:47  
Ramyrez said: »
And even if the person you're speaking to is genuinely wrong, they'd have to be basically incapable of reading (in the literal sense, not your ad hominem retort) to not pickup on your tone.
Well, I have to speak the language of those who argue with me. Otherwise, my message may not go through to them.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-14 14:52:48  
Seriously. That's not even good fearmongering. Climate change policy looks to reduce our reliance on the fossil fuel based economy ushered in by the industrial revolution? GET. OUT.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-14 14:56:30  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Seriously. That's not even good fearmongering. Climate change policy looks to reduce our reliance on the fossil fuel based economy ushered in by the industrial revolution? GET. OUT.
Fine, I don't care if Exxon, Valero, Chevron, or any of the other big oil companies go out of business (speaking in a heavy oil-dependent state like Texas too). I would love to get cheap alternative fuels.

I don't think it should come at the expense of nearly all of our economic strength, nor should such proponents/advancements be made out of nothing but lies and deceit.

If global warming is man-made, then let's fix it. Otherwise, stop saying it's man-made and outright lying about it.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-14 14:57:48  

Pleebo knows what he's talking about. If you want good fearmongering, the climate alarmists have that crap on lock.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-14 15:00:24  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
And even if the person you're speaking to is genuinely wrong, they'd have to be basically incapable of reading (in the literal sense, not your ad hominem retort) to not pickup on your tone.
Well, I have to speak the language of those who argue with me. Otherwise, my message may not go through to them.
your post was addressing me.
I have never behaved in the manner your links provide or even rated up that kind of behavior.
I wasn't talking about you with what I quoted Ramy.

However, this applies to you:

You're not alone by any means in that, but you certainly do it and pretending to do otherwise is you doing a genuine disservice to yourself.
I have yet to see you admit your snarkiness in public.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-14 15:05:25  
This conversation again? Lol. If you want to discuss policy then just keep it to that. Otherwise I'm still looking forward to you two showing your work instead of selectively avoiding anything substantive.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-14 15:15:23  
I have yet to see you admit your snarkiness in public.
I am a very snarky person, I have never denied that and if anyone sees me in other threads it becomes apparent.
I try to limit my smarmy responses in P and R though since that behavior is best understood between friends.

Freaking Canadians.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-14 15:18:51  
Otherwise I'm still looking forward to you two showing your work instead of selectively avoiding anything substantive.
I already showed my work.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-14 15:20:13  
I am a very snarky person, I have never denied that and if anyone sees me in other threads it becomes apparent.

I've been reported for snark. So much so that the moderators can't stand it to receive complaints by that individual.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-14 15:21:15  
Oh hey look David Rose is a poster here.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-14 15:22:07  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

I've been reported for snark. So much so that the moderators can't stand it to receive complaints by that individual.
You made a vague reference to him, you're gonna get reported!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-14 15:28:20  
Otherwise I'm still looking forward to you two showing your work instead of selectively avoiding anything substantive.
Sometimes I wish I studied psychology.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-14 15:29:27  
Keeping on linking that daily mail story says a lot about how much they know on the subject.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-14 15:29:52  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

You made a vague reference to him, you're gonna get reported!

Would doing something like linking their posts in a generalized post whining about other people, count as a report worthy vague reference?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-14 15:31:12  
Welp, Pleebo is proof positive that if you don't like what is reported, you bury your head in the sand and hope it goes away. Pretending that it never happened never worked out though.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-14 15:36:35  
They didn't lie about anything in that, they rushed releasing their data against proper policy to work on their own agenda.

it's very underhanded but even Bates stated the data was sound.
Quote:
In an exclusive interview, Dr Bates accused the lead author of the paper, Thomas Karl, who was until last year director of the NOAA section that produces climate data – the National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) – of ‘insisting on decisions and scientific choices that maximised warming and minimised documentation… in an effort to discredit the notion of a global warming pause, rushed so that he could time publication to influence national and international deliberations on climate policy’.

It's called confirmation bias (at best). Skewing the data so it shows what you want it to show isn't helpful, especially when published while ignoring protocols that help such bias from occurring.

It's called bad science. Something that some people applaud as long as their mandate sticks.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-14 15:37:32  
Also, Rooks, before you nuke this section, please remember that it's only a couple of people who flaunt your rules, not the community at whole. Don't punish us for the actions of a few.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-02-14 15:39:04  
That gave me a good chuckle
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-14 15:42:14  
Quote:
The federal climate scientist hailed by conservatives as a whistleblower for allegedly revealing manipulated global warming data said yesterday he was actually calling out a former colleague for not properly following agency standards for research.

In an interview with Energy and Environmental News yesterday, former National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration principal scientist John Bates had a significantly more nuanced take on the controversy that has swirled since a top House Republican hailed his blog post as proof that the agency "played fast and loose" with temperature data to disprove the theory of a global warming "pause."

Bates accused former colleagues of rushing their research to publication, in defiance of agency protocol. He specified that he did not believe that they manipulated the data upon which the research relied in any way.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-14 15:55:36  
Breaking news Trump did this:
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-14 15:55:47  
There's a fundamental misunderstanding of the issue was that Bates brought up. His beef comes down to the published report presenting its data without the disclaimer of it being research data and not operational data. Operational data is used in things like climate models to directly inform other research so it carries a more strict standard. The NOAA paper wasn't presented as operational data, however. Nor does doing so or not doing so change the results that since have been independently verified by other researchers. It's all an internal dispute that amounts to little more than an ethical disagreement between colleagues.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 82 83 84