Random Politics & Religion #19

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 82 83 84
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 16:20:56  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Viciouss said: »
The left doesn't want to seize and destroy all guns, you won't find anyone credible advocating that.
Not everyone who supported Trump is a racist. Probably should tell that to Slate.

Not everyone who questions the methodology of global warming scientists are deniers. Probably should tell Pleebo that.

Not everyone who doesn't support Clinton is deplorable. You should have figured that out by now.

People are not painted like what is portrayed by the media, left or right. You can only be accountable by your own words, not what some person in NYC claims to know about you who they never met you before.

And that has nothing to do with Saevel's daily putdowns of the the entire left, including everyone here.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 16:22:45  
The left doesn't want to seize and destroy all guns, you won't find anyone credible advocating that.
Not everyone who supported Trump is a racist. Probably should tell that to Slate.

Not everyone who questions the methodology of global warming scientists are deniers. Probably should tell Pleebo that.

Not everyone who doesn't support Clinton is deplorable. You should have figured that out by now.

People are not painted like what is portrayed by the media, left or right. You can only be accountable by your own words, not what some person in NYC claims to know about you who they never met you before.

And that has nothing to do with Saevel's daily putdowns of the the entire left, including everyone here.
Tell you what.

I'll tell Savael to cool down on the daily putdowns against everyone on the left, if you, Pleebo, Seha, and Candlejack stop on the daily putdowns (comparatively) against everyone on the right.

Is that a deal?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 16:25:26  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
We all need to learn humility, Rakuyo.
So do you Josi.

You need to understand that you of all people shouldn't state that people need to learn humility.
Apparently when I say "we" I am not in that broad group of all human beings.

That explains the bolded I guess and your claim to my not being allowed to state things. Me, the guy who never shuts up about humility and bettering oneself.
Yeah, I read that wrong, sorry.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-15 16:26:16  
Valefor.Rawry said: »
And btw my question about the guy having problems was actually directed at the Trump response lol, my laptop loads a bit slow so I didn't bother refreshing.

Rumored to have abused his wife though charges were dropped.

Hired an illegal alien to be his housekeeper, is also against the idea of minimum wage. Just to list off a few flaws senators were not comfortable with.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-15 16:26:48  
I don't do that so that was easy.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-15 16:27:31  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
And btw my question about the guy having problems was actually directed at the Trump response lol, my laptop loads a bit slow so I didn't bother refreshing.

Hired an illegal alien to be his housekeeper, is also against the idea of minimum wage. Just to list off a few flaws senators were not comfortable with.

Also responsible for the kitchen abomination that is Carl's Jr. (Hardee's) + Green Burrito.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-15 16:30:57  

Also responsible for the kitchen abomination that is Carl's Jr. (Hardee's) + Green Burrito.
I guess you're talking about Pudzer? Cause I was referencing the randomness to dodge the questions about jews in that post lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 16:32:01  
When It Comes To The Michael Flynn, Everyone Needs To Get A Grip

Quote:
Here’s a strange thought for the Trump era (which is, remarkably enough, less than a month old): What if the Michael Flynn kerfuffle falls somewhere between being completely innocuous and being the worst foreign policy scandal of the past 40 years? It’s crazy, I know, but what if Flynn was a disastrous pick who made vague, inappropriate promises to the Russian ambassador, period? What if his resignation doesn’t signify that Donald Trump has handed over our foreign policy decisions to the KGB?

A person can believe that Trump’s footsie-playing with Vlad Putin is misguided and harmful, and that a politically motivated deep state that drops selective leaks meant to sink a national security advisor is also unhealthy for the republic. You don’t have to like Donald Trump to understand that spooks shouldn’t use their power to undermine elected governments and that functionaries of a previous administration shouldn’t sabotage new ones to preserve their Russia-approved Iran deals.

As John Podhoretz points out in the New York Post today:

Quote:
Leftists have become fond of saying that Trump shouldn’t be ‘normalized.’ That concern should now go both ways. Every American should be equally concerned at the potential ‘normalization’ of the tactics used by unnamed government officials to do Flynn in.

Also, one can believe that Flynn, who served his country with distinction, is a political kook who should never have been named national security advisor in the first place but also that, as far as we know (and this can change), he did nothing to compromise national security. According to the Wall Street Journal, the retired general repeatedly reached out to the Russians to persuade them not to “overreact’’ to sanctions, implying the next administration would be more amenable to their concerns.

It’s not as if Trump hadn’t telegraphed this very position repeatedly during the campaign. Until we see the transcripts of the conversations, all that has been intimated is that Flynn told the Russians the new administration would have more flexibility after the election — which is sort of an American tradition these days.

It also should be mentioned that, according to NBC, after an investigation of his contacts with Russia during the campaign, the FBI came to the conclusion that Flynn would not face any “legal jeopardy.” Using this standard, something we were repeatedly told exonerated Hillary Clinton of any wrongdoing, Flynn is also in the clear. Then again, that was as silly then as it is now. Prosecutable evidence is a legal standard for criminality, not a political one for wrongdoing. Just because Flynn might not go to jail doesn’t necessarily mean he didn’t do something inappropriate.

So while we should certainly concede that the removal of a national security advisor is a big deal, we can’t forget that many of the most dramatic stories about the Trump administration have been driven by off-the-record sources and turned out to be duds. If Democrats want us to believe they’re concerned about national security rather than just their own political fortunes, perhaps wishcasting about impeachment before the evidence is in isn’t a great idea. You’re supposed demand investigations to uncover the facts first, and only then yell about it being “bigger than Watergate.”

Actually, what am I talking about? This is already the most nefarious attack on America in all of history. Thomas Friedman, noted admirer of lefty authoritarianism, wrote in The New York Times today that “we were attacked on Dec. 7, 1941, we were attacked on Sept. 11, 2001, and we were attacked on Nov. 8, 2016.” So if legal democratic expression that manifested in a Trump presidency is a threat to the nation in the same way that Osama bin Laden and Tojo were, does that mean Americans have the moral authority to react comparably? Someone should ask him.

These kind of hysterical pieces are reminiscent of the Bush years, when we were told our bumbling idiot president was simultaneously a mastermind who could dismantle the republic and sell out the country for oil and ideology.

Speaking of history, if you point out that Obama’s bungling and moral surrender on foreign policy helped empower autocrats and theocrats — Crimea was indeed taken while Obama was president — and habitually lied about their foreign policy goals, you would be right. Also, you shouldn’t excuse Trump for taking similarly inexcusable positions and lying. Simply because a biased media overreacts to everything the Trump administration does, doesn’t mean all its targets are innocent. Conversely, one can believe the neophytes in the Trump administration are incompetent and wrong about Russia (and much else), but also accept that not everything is 9/11, or even Watergate.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-15 16:38:36  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

I guess you're talking about Pudzer? Cause I was referencing the randomness to dodge the questions about jews in that post lol.

It was because the Israeli reporter opened the question with "Since you're election campaign and victory..." That's all Trump wanted to acknowledge because if you watch the presser during that question about anti-semitism, Trump had "oh ***why did I call him? Do not call him ever again" face.
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 16:40:54  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Right? I don't put down the entire right wing platform on a daily basis. And I certainly don't make up positions for them. Also, if you want to talk about Flynn, talk about him. Stop posting blogs.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-15 16:41:31  

Individual believes are meaningless to the whole. Vic could personally believe that there shouldn't mass confiscation of guns, yet he will with 100% certainty support his political religion on the matter. So what Vic feels or believes isn't material, it's what the feelings and beliefs of those he's supporting are that matter. California is already doing mass gun confiscation. Their previous attempts were too blatant and heavy handed, like going door to door of people on the state gun registry and asking them if they have those weapons in the home. If they said yes then they were confiscated and the owners had to go in front of a judge to get a court order to have them returned, of course by then the police would of already destroyed them. If the person said they didn't have the guns then the police would ask to be let in otherwise they were going to arrest the person for failing to inform law enforcement that their guns were stolen. People quickly figured out that the best response was to exercise their 4th and 5th amendment rights (the police's questions were designed to get the people to waive them) and simply not open the door nor answer any questions and thus forcing the police to move on to the next house.

The new method involves their recent categorization and banning of "weapons with assault like features" which in their extremely broad definitions includes virtually every weapon in the state that's not a single barrel long shutgun. The way the new law is written is that every gun owner has two years (now less) to have their weapons modified to comply, or they must turn them into the police for destruction. They are forbidden from selling them to anyone or transferring them out of state. Failure to properly turn in the weapon or convert it is a felony with prison time. It's a delayed mass confiscation with the target being to force people to turn in their previously registered guns for destruction or to render the guns nearly useless. Previously California made a law requiring everyone to register any firearm in the state with it being a felony to fail to do so, they also said they absolutely wouldn't be seeking to confiscate them later.

So yeah the Progressives absolutely want to destroy all privately owned guns in the USA. They can't come out and do it straight, because of that annoyingly non-Progressive antiquated thing called a Constitution so they attempt to do it indirectly.

Fundamentally the US Constitution is incompatible with the Global Progressive movement. It creates too many rights and guarantees for the citizen and prevents the Government from doing many things that it would otherwise desire to do. Progressiveism requires the government, under their own control of course, to have absolute power of any and all aspects of society and thus enable them to engineer that society. This is a long topic in and of itself but it boils down to power and control.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 16:45:50  

Right? I don't put down the entire right wing platform on a daily basis. And I certainly don't make up positions for them. Also, if you want to talk about Flynn, talk about him. Stop posting blogs.
So, you and Pleebo both are crying that you are persecuted, but haven't come to terms to the persecution you two deal quite often.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-15 16:48:16  
In Soviet California guns confiscate you.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 16:51:22  
Saevel once again makes up a platform for the left that doesn't exist, at all. Nobody wants to destroy all privately owned guns in the USA. Its a fictional narrative he uses to fuel that pathetic superiority complex.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-15 16:55:45  
I'll tell Savael to cool down on the daily putdowns against everyone on the left, if you, Pleebo, Seha, and Candlejack stop on the daily putdowns (comparatively) against everyone on the right.

They would never cease their constant unrelenting attack of the conservatives, especially anything Trump related.

As for myself, I make a huge personal differentiation between liberal and progressive. Liberal ideals are fine, some are impracticable but others are pretty solid. I get social safety nets and trying to help guide society to not be barbarians.

Progressiveism on the other hand is pure evil, it's an ideology crafted specifically to divide and weaken a nation while fomenting a civil war to manipulate the workers into overthrowing the government and enabling an outside power to take control. It seeks not to guide but to control a population.

Two big litmus tests are
#1) Does a particular person / entity routinely vilify the owners / managers of the means of production (capital owning class)? If so then it's Progressive.

#2) Does a particular person / entity routinely vilify national pride / patriotism and seek to encourage a "world citizenship" agenda / belief?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-15 16:58:52  
I'm being persecuted right now? Mostly I just feel bored.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-15 17:03:32  

So, you and Pleebo both are crying that you are persecuted, but haven't come to terms to the persecution you two deal quite often.

They are part of the special victim class and therefor it's not possible for them to persecute others. Like how Black and Latino's can't be racist. You are part of the Evil White European Male class full of unearned white patriarchal privilege and therefor oppress everyone by your very breath.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-15 17:04:48  
*massages forehead*
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 17:07:31  
Its neverending it seems.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-15 17:07:46  
/comfort Seha
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-02-15 17:14:57  
Eyyyy, Mexico looking to import corn from elsewhere. Apparently Trump's border and NAFTA policies pissed them off.

Well, I'm sure losing our biggest buyer (by a huge margin) totally won't have a big impact on Iowa's economy. And I'm sure the resulting price hike on corn products will be well received as well.

Thanks Trump.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-15 17:16:37  
WH response to Flynngate thus far:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-02-15 17:20:52  
The left has recycled "muh Russian hacking" in this last round of kicking and screaming. Again it's baseless, again it's unfounded. They only have a massive smoke machine and an echo chamber with speakers that are blown left in their war chest.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 17:24:50  
Sylph.Cherche said: »
Eyyyy, Mexico looking to import corn from elsewhere. Apparently Trump's border and NAFTA policies pissed them off.

Well, I'm sure losing our biggest buyer (by a huge margin) totally won't have a big impact on Iowa's economy. And I'm sure the resulting price hike on corn products will be well received as well.

Thanks Trump.

Its just bluster, I don't think there is another supplier that could match our output of corn for an equal price, certainly not a better price. But its understandable, considering how much bluster Trump is putting out in regards to Mexico.
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 17:25:35  
Speaking of unfounded bluster, hello there nausi.
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 82 83 84