Random Politics & Religion #19

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 82 83 84
By fonewear 2017-02-17 09:14:09  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's a big mistake to stop caring about what your government is doing. The biggest enemy to democracy is apathy.

That is true but caring requires too much effort I'm just one man !
By fonewear 2017-02-17 09:15:39  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Viciouss said: »
His unpopularity and failures ran worldwide

They love bush in africa. Which surprised even him.

Might have to do with him saving millions of lives with AIDS medication...but who knows !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President's_Emergency_Plan_for_AIDS_Relief

The program has provided antiretroviral treatment (ART) to over 7.7 million HIV-infected people in resource-limited settings and supported HIV testing and counseling (HTC) for more than 56.7 million people as of 2014.[1] PEPFAR increased the number of Africans receiving ART from 50,000 at the start of the initiative in 2004.[2][3][4] PEPFAR has been called the largest health initiative ever initiated by one country to address a disease. The budget presented for the fiscal year 2016 included a request for $1.11 billion for PEPFAR as well as contributions from global organizations such as UNAIDS and private donors.[
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 09:17:44  
I can't be bothered to protest cause I'm white male... and apparently we have zero problems...maybe if I were a woman a minority a Muslim gay transgender drug addicted homeless person...I would complain a bit !
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-17 09:18:00  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Josiahkf said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
This is still a democracy. Despite what we feel about his behavior trump still deserves more respect than you provide him Jackie

Don't forget he is still a human being.
Not because he "deserves" it (being human alone doesn't warrant respect; respect is earned blah blah), but rather, because the position demands it. Because painting your country's president as an imbecile makes the whole country look like one. I always found this weird since Bush days.
That, of course, doesn't mean they can't criticize him.
This is semantics because we are defining respect differently and I'm referring to respecting his basic human rights; He deserves basic human decency like anyone else, something seemingly forgotten far too often.

But he has to earn respect as a world leader. There is a difference between acknowledging his position and respecting his decisions.
Look man, if you meant by "respect = basic human decency" that some South Park-level of funny (like that episode I remember from 2008 elections; where an object was lost in Hillary's vagina) then yeah, I find that silly and terrible, and I agree with your point.

Then there's the "respect" that's earned. If I don't know the person, I treat them with a default level of respect/tact. It's up to them by that point to increase it or to totally lose it. In Trump's case I guess it's obvious what he did to his reputation.

It's "Progressive Respect", meaning you can't argue or disagree with them in any form in public. If you disagree with them then your "Oppressing them" with your unearned white male privileged.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-17 09:18:22  
I consider my audience. You didn't back up anything you said, of course the difference is, it didn't sound like you could. Thats what happens when you just make things up and say things like "mainly the middle east."
Didn't make it up, but you forget very easily, don't you?

Here is some reading for how Obama's foreign policy was a complete failure

Don't worry about how well regarded Obama was in Europe and Asia.
Sure, at the start. Didn't last long though.

Hell, the wave of populism in Europe is proof enough that Obama and his "allies" didn't coincide with the rest of the population.

But reality isn't your strongest argument, isn't it?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 09:19:43  
We only care about people that have some sort of cause...the average joe six pack is supposed to just shut up and go to work.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 09:20:25  
You imagine the outrage if white males had a march on Washington ? They would say it is the most racist thing in American history !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-17 09:21:00  
Sorry, media — this press conference played very differently with Trump’s supporters

Quote:
Maybe it’s not a coincidence that Barnum & Bailey is folding its tents this year. After all, how could the circus possibly compete with Donald Trump?

The president proved once again that he is the greatest show on Earth. Lions and tigers and elephants are kid stuff next to his high wire act.

Next time, the White House ought to sell popcorn.

Amid feverish reports of chaos on his team and with Democrats fantasizing that Russia-gate is another Watergate, Trump took center stage to declare that reports of his demise are just more facts I don't like.

Far from dead, he was positively exuberant. His performance at a marathon press conference Thursday was a must-see-TV spectacle as he mixed serious policy talk with standup comedy and took repeated pleasure in whacking his favorite piñata, the “dishonest media.”

“Russia is a ruse,” he insisted, before finally saying under questioning that he was not aware of anyone on his campaign having contact with Russian officials.

Trump’s detractors immediately panned the show as madness, but they missed the method behind it and proved they still don’t understand his appeal. Facing his first crisis in the Oval Office, he was unbowed in demonstrating his bare-knuckle intention to fight back.

He did it his way. Certainly no other president, and few politicians at any level in any time, would dare put on a show like that.

In front of cameras, and using the assembled press corps as props, he conducted a televised revival meeting to remind his supporters that he is still the man they elected. Ticking off a lengthy list of executive orders and other actions he has taken, he displayed serious fealty to his campaign promises.

Sure, sentences didn’t always end on the same topic they started with, and his claim to have won the election by the largest Electoral College margin since Ronald Reagan wasn’t close to true.

Fair points, but so what? Fact-checkers didn’t elect him, nor did voters who were happy with the status quo.

Trump, first, last and always, matches the mood of the discontented. Like them, he is a bull looking for a china shop. That’s his ace in the hole and he played it almost to perfection.

The immediate impact of his performance is likely to calm some of the jitters among Republicans in Congress and supporters elsewhere, especially after the beating he took in the last few days.

On Monday night, Trump suddenly removed Gen. Michael Flynn, his national security adviser, over circumstances that still are not entirely clear. And on Wednesday, his nominee for secretary of labor, Andrew Puzder, withdrew after Republicans said he didn’t have the votes to be confirmed.

Combined with courts blocking his immigration and refugee order, unflattering leaks of confidential material from intelligence agencies and numerous demands for investigations into any Russian connections, Trump’s fast start suddenly hit a wall.

Just three weeks into his term, Democrats, in and out of the media, smelled blood. Many already were going for the kill.

They won’t get it, at least now. Trump bought himself time yesterday.

Yet those determined to bring him down won’t give up, and the insidious leaks of secret material suggest some opponents are members of the permanent government who are willing to use their position and the media to undermine him.

Indeed, the most serious leaks seem to vindicate a warning that Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer made in early January after Trump criticized leaders of the spook agencies.

“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told an interviewer. “So even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he’s being really dumb to do this.”

That incredible statement reflects what a dangerous game rogue agents are playing. The world is on fire yet the president is the target of partisan revenge in his own government. It’s a scandal and it’s outrageous, but it’s a fact that Trump must confront.

Finding the leakers and prosecuting them, which he promises to do, is part of the solution.

Another part comes Saturday, when Trump takes his solo act to Florida for a massive public rally. It’s smart for him to get out of Washington and soak in the enthusiasm of the populist movement he leads.

He should do it regularly, and also hold smaller, town hall-style forums where ordinary citizens can ask him questions in more intimate settings. Any way he can speak directly to the American people and hear from them democratizes his presidency and reduces the power of big, biased media and the Washington establishment.

Yet the only sure and lasting way to keep ahead of the lynch mob is by producing results. Success will be Trump’s savior.

And nothing says success like jobs, jobs, jobs. Getting the economy to reach liftoff speed is essential so it can deliver the good-paying jobs and prosperity that he promised and the nation needs.

While Republican honchos in Congress say they’re getting ready to move on tax cuts and replacing ObamaCare, nothing will happen without presidential leadership. That means Trump’s fate is in his own hands and he must keep himself and his White House team focused on delivering an economic revival.

If he does that, the lynch mob will be left holding an empty rope.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 09:24:36  
Maybe people are tired of being told they have to care...about your cause...and individuals are allowed to make up their own damn minds...but that's just me.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-02-17 09:25:15  
Wikipedia sources and a conservative blog behind a wall, always a strong argument! Like I said, making things up. Rooks remains correct.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-17 09:25:54  
Then there's the "respect" that's earned. If I don't know the person, I treat them with a default level of respect/tact. It's up to them by that point to increase it or to totally lose it. In Trump's case I guess it's obvious what he did to his reputation.

There's these sayings:

"You don't have to show respect to the man, but you have to show respect to the position"

"Patriotism is earned not mandated"

Give Donald a chance they say, yesterday's press conference was one of those chances. It was not impressive, it was not Presidential, it was embarrassing and not just for the press corps that were in attendance.

As a Republican it's embarrassing to see the brand associated to him in any capacity. Sadly bad decisions in Presidential choices are remembered and blight the party, Ex: Warren G Harding, Richard M Nixon and now Donald J Trump. Whereas the impacts of such men as Calvin Coolidge and Dwight Eisenhower get muddled and forgotten sadly at times they're even conflated and attributed to the ideologies of the left.
By fonewear 2017-02-17 09:26:09  
Agreeing with someone doesn't make something true...or correct.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 09:27:36  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

There's these sayings:

"You don't have to show respect to the man, but you have to show respect to the position"

Give Donald a chance they say, yesterday's press conference was one of those chances. It was not impressive, it was not Presidential, it was embarrassing and not just for the press corps that were in attendance.

As a Republican it's embarrassing to see the brand associated to him in any capacity. Sadly bad decisions in Presidential choices are remembered and blight the party, Ex: Warren G Harding, Richard M Nixon and now Donald J Trump. Whereas the impacts of such men as Calvin Coolidge and Dwight Eisenhower get muddled and forgotten sadly at times they're even conflated and attributed to the ideologies of the left.

What reputation ? I didn't know being President was a popularity contest.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-17 09:27:56  
Wikipedia sources and a conservative blog behind a wall, always a strong argument! Like I said, making things up. Rooks remains correct.
So, using the same old stop posting things I don't like excuse from you?

Can't you even counter anything anymore? Or are you going to just continue to cry and then say "adorable"?
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-02-17 09:28:18  
Is anybody reading these conservative blogswalls of text KN keeps posting? Its beginning to remind me of LG.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-17 09:28:23  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So much for raising the bar.

Show us how it is done, Master.

Still waiting. You have a captive audience here!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 09:28:28  
This is the same man that sold Trump steaks you think he gives a damn about reputation !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-17 09:29:48  
Is anybody reading these conservative blogswalls of text KN keeps posting? Its beginning to remind me of LG.
Why are you here?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 09:30:20  
See at the end of the day no matter what happens to Trump he will still be a billionaire...so his plan b is pretty damn good.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 09:32:22  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Why are you here?

I'll tell you why I'm here...I was kicked out of the expectant mothers forum...
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-02-17 09:32:34  
So, using the same old stop posting things I don't like excuse from you?

Can't you even counter anything anymore?

I already countered it. Reducing Bush's failures to "just the Middle East" is a joke. He pissed off all of Europe (and Asia), so badly they convicted him of war crimes. You can't counter this.

Obama healed the relationships that Trump has wasted no time in fraying again. Comparing Bush to Obama in really anything is always going to make Obama look good. And consequently Obama's image is already on the rise thanks to Trump.
By Viciouss 2017-02-17 09:36:05  
Why are you here?

I needed the laughs this morning, thanks for providing them. I would recommend (again) staying away from foreign policy in the future. Then again, you could try talking about Syria again for me.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-17 09:41:34  
fonewear said: »
Agreeing with someone doesn't make something true...or correct.

Trump says otherwise:
YouTube Video Placeholder

At the 6:45-7:36 mark.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-17 09:43:04  
I already countered it. Reducing Bush's failures to "just the Middle East" is a joke. He pissed off all of Europe (and Asia), so badly they convicted him of war crimes. You can't counter this.
Convicted of war crimes in absentia. Meaning he was never allowed to defend against such accusations because their justice system is different from the rest of the world.

But where was he convicted for war crimes? Oh right, Malaysia.

Key excerpts because you hate my sources:

Quote:
While the hearing is regarded by some as being purely symbolic, human rights activist Boyle said he was hopeful that Bush and Co could soon find themselves facing similar trials elsewhere in the world.

“We tried three times to get Bush in Canada but were thwarted by the Canadian Government, then we scared Bush out of going to Switzerland. The Spanish attempt failed because of the government there and the same happened in Germany.”

Boyle then referenced the Nuremberg Charter which was used as the format for the tribunal when asked about the credibility of the initiative in Malaysia. He quoted: “Leaders, organizers, instigators and accomplices participating in the formulation or execution of a common plan or conspiracy to commit war crimes are responsible for all acts performed by any person in execution of such a plan.”

The US is subject to customary international law and to the Principles of the Nuremberg Charter said Boyle who also believes the week-long trial was “almost certainly” being monitored closely by both Pentagon and White House officials.

In other words, such accusations have no meaning in the real world. Sure, Bush cannot go to Malaysia, but then again, who would want to go to Malaysia anyway?

I can't wait for Obama to be tried for war crimes due to his indifference against Syria and the bombing of citizens in the Middle East.
Wait, what do you mean there will be no trial? It's only a crime if a Republican does it? Go figure.

Obama healed the relationships that Trump has wasted no time in fraying again.
With who? Seriously! You cannot name a region or country that Obama "healed" relationships with that he didn't ultimately destroyed when Snowden leaked out Obama Administration's spying on such allies, along with his downplay and outright discourse against Syria and the rest of the Middle East. Let's not forget Ukraine either.

And consequently Obama's image is already on the rise thanks to Trump.
And so was Bush's image when Obama was president. Does that make Bush a better president in your viewpoint?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-17 09:43:41  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
His unpopularity and failures ran worldwide

They love bush in africa. Which surprised even him.

Might have to do with him saving millions of lives with AIDS medication...but who knows !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President's_Emergency_Plan_for_AIDS_Relief

The program has provided antiretroviral treatment (ART) to over 7.7 million HIV-infected people in resource-limited settings and supported HIV testing and counseling (HTC) for more than 56.7 million people as of 2014.[1] PEPFAR increased the number of Africans receiving ART from 50,000 at the start of the initiative in 2004.[2][3][4] PEPFAR has been called the largest health initiative ever initiated by one country to address a disease. The budget presented for the fiscal year 2016 included a request for $1.11 billion for PEPFAR as well as contributions from global organizations such as UNAIDS and private donors.[
Cool, I didn't know that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-17 09:43:48  
Why are you here?

I needed the laughs this morning, thanks for providing them. I would recommend (again) staying away from foreign policy in the future. Then again, you could try talking about Syria again for me.
In other words, trolling.

Hey Candlejack, here is a prime example of trolling!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-17 09:44:25  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

There's these sayings:

What reputation ? I didn't know being President was a popularity contest.

Man you must get confused when Trump and pundits prattle on and on about approval/disapproval polls and all this talk about the popular vote.
By fonewear 2017-02-17 09:45:15  
I don't care about polls or popularity...the President does but hey who is going to stop him me ?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 09:45:44  
My point was all these polls and people saying they "hate" the President isn't going to do a damn thing.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-17 09:46:32  
who is going to stop him
The congress, as soon as they find their balls again.
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 82 83 84