フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 53 54 55
 Asura.Skitz
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yocuz
By Asura.Skitz 2020-04-20 04:25:47  
I am currently editing a lua that will house BiS for me.. Everyones augs are different but I have no problem posting it when finished. I am just working on weapon sets for liberator , calabolg, and apoc.. just taking time figuring out the different levels of acc. this lua also makes us of auto defense modes. So our frail drk's can be In the correct gear at the right moment when a move is initiated on us. If you'd like to help with this pm me I'd like to be done by this weekend.

I take no credit for the Lua its a selindrile Drk lua. He created a base for which I want to have finished for us impossible to gauge drks.
 Shiva.Dayone
サーバ: Shiva
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-04-22 12:54:10  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
All four of your ring options are basically equal.
Code
Torcleaver

Mean:              31042.85
StD:                7630.81
Min:                      0
Max:                  43693
Range: (23412.04, 38673.66)

Code
Torcleaver

Mean:              31257.98
StD:                7396.47
Max:                  43565
Range: (23861.51, 38654.45)

Code
Torcleaver

Mean:              31548.57
StD:                7159.63
Max:                  43740
Range: (24388.94, 38708.2)

Code
Torcleaver

Mean:              31381.93
StD:                6944.51
Max:                  43757
Range: (24437.42, 38326.44)

To reiterate the sim findings, I went out and did a few wait and smash tests while bored at work:
Code
Gelatinous Ring +1 -- 62346:148, 62493:148, 64753:204, 62482:148

regal ring -- 61915:148, 62616:148, 62976:148, 62079:148

epaminondas's ring -- 64033:136, 63312:136, 62877:136, 63911:192

The second number is the TP return
By SimonSes 2020-04-22 13:02:51  
yeah, i've been saying that since the ring was released

Epam is just not really a ring for 2h weapons with WSs that scale with TP, but it's still very good for 1h WSs, even those scaling with TP like Savage Blade.
 Shiva.Dayone
サーバ: Shiva
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-04-22 13:28:43  
SimonSes said: »

Epam is just not really a ring for 2h weapons with WSs that scale with TP, but it's still very good for 1h WSs, even those scaling with TP like Savage Blade.

Can you go into why it's still very good compared to the same other options around 1handers?
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-04-22 13:32:05  
Shiva.Dayone said: »

Can you go into why it's still very good compared to the same other options around 1handers?
Probably the presence of Thibron/Cento/etc. jumping you through the steepest scaling curve at 1k tp
By SimonSes 2020-04-22 14:48:23  
Shiva.Dayone said: »

Well its few things really:
1. It eats less TP with -10 store TP on 1h WS, which transfer to less damage lost on next WS.
2. Most good 1h WSs have less optimal WSC to use most +stat rings (Regal, Niqmaddu). For Example Savage has 50%STR/50%MND, Mistral Axe 50%STR, Blade: Ten 30%STR/30%DEX, so 10STR/10VIT/10DEX rings alternatives aren't that potent as for 80/85/100% WSC WSs like Torc, Upheaval or Impulse Drive (Utu grip also helps). There is now metamorph +1 ring that is quite good alternative for Savage Blade, but it's still not bis.
3. BLU dont even have good alternative. No access to any good rings and Expiacion's WSC is 30%STR/30%INT/20%DEX
4. 1h WSs with damage scaling with TP has much higher fTP on first hit
5. Many potent 2h WSs with damage scaling with TP like Upheaval, Insurgency or even Impulse Drive are multihit too and those sub hits are really important for overall damage. That makes WSD less potent, multi-hit more potent and put +WSC in better place against WSD too (because WSC works for whole WS, not only first hit). The end result is that ring like Niqmaddu is amazing for those WSs.

EDIT: Ofc Karieyh ring exists and usually HQKarieyh+Regal is as good as Epam+Regal, but many people wont be able to get Karieyh.
[+]
 Asura.Skitz
user: Yocuz
By Asura.Skitz 2020-04-25 04:06:05  
this is my gear swap gear file for dark it's nearly complete I'm just slacking on the few things that remain to do

https://pastebin.com/aYbVBPtY

fixed why it wasn't working as should now still trying to make sets better please any input since not much is out there!!!!!!!

I still need to make calad sets as well noticed i didn't yet >.<

a little help in the ones I have not finished would help a great deal. as I have stated before this lua works with selendriles luas.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
サーバ: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-05-02 14:10:18  
Just found this guide. Really damn well done but srs question..

Why is the Baldar Earring +1 in the left earring slot in some of the builds or is that an oopsie?
By Wotasu 2020-05-02 14:12:24  
Sylph.Snk said: »
Just found this guide. Really damn well done but srs question..

Why is the Baldar Earring +1 in the left earring slot in some of the builds or is that an oopsie?
Cant choose which ear slot the equip you insert gets placed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-04 00:01:59  
Torcleaver Heads

Talk to me about them. Kinda at wits end with Oseem.

VIT+9
Acc+22
WSDMG+4

is the best I could do.

Compared to:

The STR/VIT/Acc/Atk are all very nice and effortless. With Smite you get a huge chunk of attack all on one slot as well.

In an ideal world acc/atk is capped. But my Ody augs leave me wanting more and it's been thousands of stones so far. 9000+*

Current Set:
Code
    main={ name="Caladbolg", augments={'Path: A',}},
    sub="Utu Grip",
    ammo="Knobkierrie",
    head={ name="Fall. Burgeonet +3", augments={'Enhances "Dark Seal" effect',}},
    body="Ignominy Cuirass +3",
    hands={ name="Odyssean Gauntlets", augments={'Accuracy+23 Attack+23','Weapon skill damage +4%','VIT+10','Accuracy+8','Attack+3',}},
    legs={ name="Fall. Flanchard +3", augments={'Enhances "Muted Soul" effect',}},
    feet="Sulev. Leggings +2",
    neck={ name="Abyssal Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
    left_ear="Thrud Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Regal Ring",
    back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'VIT+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','VIT+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

Stats Unbuffed:
Accuracy 1135
Attack 2161
STR+247
DEX+120
VIT+313

Stats with Ody Head:
Accuracy: 1115
Attack: 2058
STR+236
DEX+111
VIT+317
[+]
By volkom 2020-05-04 00:17:14  
i like fallen's burgeonet more ~ hope for a stupid good oseem dm augments otherwise
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-04 00:21:56  
volkom said: »
i like fallen's burgeonet more ~ hope for a stupid good oseem dm augments otherwise

With Dark Matter coming up, I'm more tempted to go with a Valorous Mask. WSDMG+10 would be ideal and way more jobs could use it.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-04 00:42:15  
20ACC/103ATT vs 1BD/4WSD

Odyssean looks to win, unless you're getting dicked over hard on attack/defense buffs/debuffs.
By Tristonx 2020-05-04 02:06:26  
Try and make use of the Dark Matter campaign coming up. I've been extraordinarily lucky with Oseem...
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-05-04 04:49:23  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Torcleaver Heads

Talk to me about them. Kinda at wits end with Oseem.

VIT+9
Acc+22
WSDMG+4

is the best I could do.

Compared to:

The STR/VIT/Acc/Atk are all very nice and effortless. With Smite you get a huge chunk of attack all on one slot as well.

In an ideal world acc/atk is capped. But my Ody augs leave me wanting more and it's been thousands of stones so far. 9000+*

Current Set:
Code
    main={ name="Caladbolg", augments={'Path: A',}},
    sub="Utu Grip",
    ammo="Knobkierrie",
    head={ name="Fall. Burgeonet +3", augments={'Enhances "Dark Seal" effect',}},
    body="Ignominy Cuirass +3",
    hands={ name="Odyssean Gauntlets", augments={'Accuracy+23 Attack+23','Weapon skill damage +4%','VIT+10','Accuracy+8','Attack+3',}},
    legs={ name="Fall. Flanchard +3", augments={'Enhances "Muted Soul" effect',}},
    feet="Sulev. Leggings +2",
    neck={ name="Abyssal Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
    left_ear="Thrud Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Regal Ring",
    back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'VIT+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','VIT+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

Stats Unbuffed:
Accuracy 1135
Attack 2161
STR+247
DEX+120
VIT+313

Stats with Ody Head:
Accuracy: 1115
Attack: 2058
STR+236
DEX+111
VIT+317
Why regal over epam ring? If its the lack of having a epam ring then I understand. I think I like the Fallen head also ive not head luck with oseem for my pieces either think im gonna give this a try and see if the numbers are close or better then I dont see why this wouldn't work. My helm has 26 Acc 15 ATT and 3% WSD
and 5AGI(lol) its been the best I could do.
By SimonSes 2020-05-04 05:15:06  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Why regal over epam ring?

If you include sTP loss Epam is very marginally better than Regal in capped acc/att situation, but Regal offers 22 accuracy and 30 attack, which is much safer pick and helps counter very low accuracy on Torcleaver sets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-05-04 08:18:04  

If you include sTP loss Epam is very marginally better than Regal in capped acc/att situation, but Regal offers 22 accuracy and 30 attack, which is much safer pick and helps counter very low accuracy on Torcleaver sets.
Ya true it is a safer pick. I think im gonna try this without the regal and put everything else the same. I feel like losing the 9% WSD for head and ring being switched could drop damage a bit(as you already stated) and see where I end up. Outside of augs im bis so shaking things up with the helm sounds like fun tbh.
By SimonSes 2020-05-04 08:27:00  

Ya true it is a safer pick. I think im gonna try this without the regal and put everything else the same. I feel like losing the 9% WSD for head and ring being switched could drop damage a bit(as you already stated) and see where I end up. Outside of augs im bis so shaking things up with the helm sounds like fun tbh.

To be more precise, Epam over Regal is like 300 damage more at 1000TP, so around 1%.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-05-04 09:15:16  

To be more precise, Epam over Regal is like 300 damage more at 1000TP, so around 1%.
So yea with the helm swap it really won't be that big of a difference maybe 1-2% overall. Im kinda excited for this not that it's gonna be super game changing as im just wave 3 testing anyway tbh.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-04 12:49:28  

I sold it, didn't really care for the -STP on a single hit WS (especially with 430 delay). Also since most of the WSDMG gear doesn't have store tp blended into it, no beuno.

I figure Regal is close enough, and the accuracy doesn't hurt either.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-05-04 13:00:07  
Tristonx said: »
Try and make use of the Dark Matter campaign coming up. I've been extraordinarily lucky with Oseem...

You win the internets. Thats amazing lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-05 19:42:05  
Here is a good one, for Entropy:

Fotia Belt

Vs

With Max Unity and Augments:
[1] Magic Accuracy +15
[2] INT +10

For a total of: INT+23

I kinda hate how S/E does this kinda crap.

Assuming Fotia still pulls ahead? Atleast under 2000 TP or so.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-05-05 21:08:24  
I had that same question with Sailfi+1 too for reso etc, im told by reliable sources that fotia still wins, id assume for entropy even moreso. I could be wrong though and willing to be lol.
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-05-05 23:28:50  
Even at 3k TP and disregarding the 10 WS accuracy, Fotia murders a fully augmented Acuity +1. On INT stacking alone I'm pretty sure Fotia would still easily be better even on double the INT values.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-17 14:13:49  
Thanks, so back to building an Entropy set. I know it's not the best weaponskill, but I want to get the most out of it. I have all of the gear from the gear list on page 1, with the exception of the body/feet.

I'll be going with an Emicho Haubert+1 path A since I don't have Dagon. I was using Relic+3 which also seems pretty solid (INT+32 and a ton of accuracy on weaponskills) The downside about Emicho is losing 7 INT, but I'll be gaining DA+5.

HP+65
STR+12
Attack+20

(It's too bad only the Pet gets INT+20 on Path D.)

I haven't had any luck on Valorous Feet Augs for INT.

I'm really tempted to just do Acro Feet for:

Acc/Atk+25
INT+10 or STR+7/INT+7
DA+3

A. Skirmish Base Stats are pretty gross though.
By Nariont 2020-05-17 15:42:56  
your best bet is likely indeed the v. feet, but acro can work if you happen to luck into some decent augs/have the stones to throw around.

Only other pair of boots DRK gets with any decent int on them would be volte boots, 23 int/str and 37 acc on that but thats it
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-17 18:11:02  
Nariont said: »
your best bet is likely indeed the v. feet, but acro can work if you happen to luck into some decent augs/have the stones to throw around.

Only other pair of boots DRK gets with any decent int on them would be volte boots, 23 int/str and 37 acc on that but thats it

Maxed them out, and it still cost alot less than what I put into Oseem.

Acc/Atk actually cap at 20.
INT+10
DA+3

We'll see what Dark Matter brings though. Volte look pretty good, but I wont hold my breath
 Sylph.Seidell
サーバ: Sylph
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-05-30 13:45:34  
Using this term very loose, what is the "standard" for idle sets?
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-05-30 16:08:24  
I’d say it depends on the weapon. If you’re running around with scythe then mp is a basic non issue with entropy. So you don’t “need” any refresh to maintain the mp pool for drain.
Albeit not like it’s difficult to just swap weapons if needed to get the mp if you primarily just use calad or some such.

Personally I have 4/5 volte and sacro body in mine with DT shoved everywhere else.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-30 20:54:21  
I have one for:
Refresh
-DT
Meva (Good for popping NMs, was great for soloing/popping Kist lol)
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 53 54 55