users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 53 54 55
By Bongarippa 2021-11-02 19:55:24  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Bongarippa said: »
Asura.Bippin said: »
Again if it's an AM3 set, would swap body, hands, legs, cape to something with more STP.
Its not an am3 set. AM3 set has about triple the amount of stp in that set. Thats a 5 hit with capped haste and 48% DA along with some ta and qa. If theres something you're noticing in this set that shouldnt be there, say whats missing or post your set instead of just picking at mine.

Would love input and tips.

Max Haste is Capped magic haste and LR up.

I dont have a max haste set like you, but our am3 sets are quite similar actually. I dont have vim torque or crepsecular earring. Mostly not really being motivated to do shinryu. No aurgelmir +1 either which I've been meaning to buy for like a year or more now :x

I've never run into a situation where i need to equip my AccHigh set either.
 Asura.Azagarth
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2021-11-03 00:00:28  
I have updated the OP.

Please be nice critiquing them. Offer consutructive advice and I will update accordingly. As of now I do not own most of the newer gear as I havent played the game for over a year.
[+]
 Bahamut.Starfall
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Vitrum
By Bahamut.Starfall 2021-11-03 00:03:13  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
Bahamut.Starfall said: »
I have been referring to this guide for a few weeks, rekindling my love of DRK. I'm sad to see it disappear :(

Give it some time, im sure like all great movies there will be an even better sequel!

Excellent! I'll buy a ticket to that!
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-11-03 00:24:44  
I have updated the OP.

Please be nice critiquing them. Offer consutructive advice and I will update accordingly. As of now I do not own most of the newer gear as I havent played the game for over a year.

You have saved the dreams of many of us aspiring young Dark Knights aiming for the big leagues, we thank you.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-11-03 06:11:03  
Taking this as a sign to update the bg community guide.

The funny thing is, there's been more activity on this thread over Aza doing what he did than actual discussion on gearing and sets in the last few months.
 Asura.Shystie
user: Shystie
By Asura.Shystie 2021-11-03 12:54:30  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
there's been more activity on this thread over Aza doing what he did than actual discussion on gearing and sets in the last few months.

@Azagarth - Mission accomplished.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bizarro
サーバ: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2021-11-04 08:15:21  
I have updated the OP.

Sifting through, in this case 40+, pages of he said/she said vs going to 1 post and seeing what the consensus reach is = priceless.

I for one thank you for your efforts.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [70 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Rehmii
サーバ: Phoenix
user: rehmii
By Phoenix.Rehmii 2022-01-12 21:59:25  
For the Drain/Aspir set, I haven't seen Excelsis ring mentioned in this thread. It adds 5% potency. I am using it because I believe it would be better than the 5 MACC archon ring gives.

Similar to the Hirudinea earring that is 3% potency where you could easily have an abyssal earring for 5 dark magic skill. If we are recommending Hirundinea I don't see why we wouldn't recommend Excelsis.

Seems like a good trade off. Thoughts?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-01-12 22:03:46  
Archon ring is a lot more than just Macc. The description of "Dark Elemental Magic Attack Bonus" is a misnomer- its a +Dark Affinity (like the Pixie Hairpin+1, or Weatherspoon Ring for +Light Affinity) and is by far the most potent addition you can add in your Drain Set in the ring slot.

Not to mention- if you're drain/aspir'ing anything worth a damn, any ounce of macc is valued.
[+]
 Phoenix.Rehmii
サーバ: Phoenix
user: rehmii
By Phoenix.Rehmii 2022-01-13 15:17:29  
Ah didn't know that was affinity. So if I understand correctly, the plus 5 Dark elemental magic attack bonus translates to 1.3x multiplier in affinity then. I can see how that is much more powerful than 5% potency.

So would you agree that Abyssal earring (5 dark magic skill) is better than Hirudinea earring (+3% potency) for the second ear slot?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-01-13 15:55:10  
Phoenix.Rehmii said: »
Ah didn't know that was affinity. So if I understand correctly, the plus 5 Dark elemental magic attack bonus translates to 1.3x multiplier in affinity then. I can see how that is much more powerful than 5% potency.

So would you agree that Abyssal earring (5 dark magic skill) is better than Hirudinea earring (+3% potency) for the second ear slot?

Not unless you Dark Magic skill is already extremely low (ie. uncapped for 99). You can find the Formula for Drain/aspir potency here

Lets do some super basic math on Drain III

Lets say your drain set has 450 Dark Magic skill.
450 x 3/2 + 105 = 780 base potency for drain III.

Adding 5 skill would give you
455 x 3/2 + 105 = 787.5 not a huge difference

For this next part I'm just going to assume no other potency gear aside from the earring and no other factors, the earring gives a 3% multiplicative bonus.
450 x 3/2 + 105 = 780 * 3% = 803.4

This is obviously not the greatest example for breaking this down, but as you can see when you're dealing with a high number already, adding a multiplier for that is going to be much larger, your base potency would have to be really low for +5 skill to beat it.
[+]
By Phillie0034 2022-01-17 08:52:41  
Anyone mind listing the general augments for JSE capes?
found the tp one but have yet to find ws and magic cape augment. Thanks In Advance^^
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-01-17 09:11:42  
Phillie0034 said: »
Anyone mind listing the general augments for JSE capes?
found the tp one but have yet to find ws and magic cape augment. Thanks In Advance^^

Resolution/Insurgency: STR+30 ACC/ATT+20 DA+10
Cata/Cross Reaper/Quietus: STR+30 ACC/ATT+20 WSD+10
Torcleaver: VIT+30 ACC/ATT+20 WSD+10
Entropy: INT+30 ACC/ATT+20 DA+10

Magic cape: INT+30 MACC/MDMG+20 MAB+10
Macc cape: INT+30 MACC+30 MDMG+20 MAB+10
[+]
By Phillie0034 2022-01-17 11:17:54  
Much appreciated
By Nariont 2022-01-17 13:39:14  
Wouldnt you want the WSD cape for insurgency too? Even if its multi-hit the bulk of the dmg comes off the 1st, increasingly so at near/above 2k
[+]
By Phillie0034 2022-01-17 16:09:31  
Path A on Argosy for Resolution?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-01-17 17:35:48  

Save gil and use sakpata, I havent got everything updated yet.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-01-17 19:32:40  

I'm sure the opinions on this will vary greatly, but I just can't find an excuse to expose myself to sudden death by wearing Argosy any more. We have some really great (and SAFE) options for almost every aspect of our job that don't leave us nearly as exposed as Argosy does.

Same can be said for Ratri, but at least that has excellent magic evasion and can be mixed/matched to not be fatal. Argosy just has zero defensive merit.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-01-17 22:04:19  
Updated the OP with what should reflect the new R levels of gear, please let me know if there is anything questionable or that should be added.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-01-18 10:49:42  
Updated the OP with what should reflect the new R levels of gear, please let me know if there is anything questionable or that should be added.

nice man, tyvm :)
By Phillie0034 2022-01-19 18:34:53  
ty for the update
By Phillie0034 2022-01-19 18:38:43  
Any reason to augment carmine body?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-01-19 20:03:48  
not really but its like 60k so why not? can get you some hp/mp which might do something, or int/mnd to help resist stuff?
By Phillie0034 2022-01-19 20:13:17  
not really but its like 60k so why not? can get you some hp/mp which might do something, or int/mnd to help resist stuff?

and what augments on niht mantle?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-01-19 20:16:59  

and what augments on niht mantle?
focus on +dark magic skill/Drain-Aspir potency. With Ambuscade capes' stat vomit, really the only reason still to build a Niht cape is for that max Drain potency build.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-01-19 20:40:06  
question in general for TP sets, but mostly applying to AM sets for Apoc, Caladbolg, and Redemption.

I know we can't take advantage of +double attack damage% the way a WAR can, with that factor on their Ambuscade Capes and pieces of JSE gear, but we do have the Sakpata Helm. And since that piece is already an extremely solid hybrid build option for our TP sets even before the +10% DAdmg, I've been curious how it fares in Relic/Empy sets compared to the more expected Flamma+2 head option.

I'm really enjoying seeing those AM empy procs stacked with +crit dmg and +da dmg, and I'm certainly not missing the STP from the Flamma head, though a Triple Attack build is very possible these days as well- it just feels a lot more "glass cannon" than is necessary these days.
By SimonSes 2022-01-20 00:26:38  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
question in general for TP sets, but mostly applying to AM sets for Apoc, Caladbolg, and Redemption.

I know we can't take advantage of +double attack damage% the way a WAR can, with that factor on their Ambuscade Capes and pieces of JSE gear, but we do have the Sakpata Helm. And since that piece is already an extremely solid hybrid build option for our TP sets even before the +10% DAdmg, I've been curious how it fares in Relic/Empy sets compared to the more expected Flamma+2 head option.

I'm really enjoying seeing those AM empy procs stacked with +crit dmg and +da dmg, and I'm certainly not missing the STP from the Flamma head, though a Triple Attack build is very possible these days as well- it just feels a lot more "glass cannon" than is necessary these days.

I think I wrote about it few times here. Try to find it. If you wont be able too, I will make new comparison with R25 this time.
TL;DR Sakpata head is significantly better for Calad DPS with AM3 at attack cap. Other thing I need more time and I wont ahve any in next 3+ hours.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-01-20 00:37:00  
I'll give it a dig but thanks for confirming what I was noticing as well.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-01-20 02:29:35  
SimonSes said: »
TL;DR Sakpata head is significantly better for Calad DPS with AM3 at attack cap. Other thing I need more time and I wont ahve any in next 3+ hours.

Interesting, I could see this being the case. I am wondering what you change for the stp loss to maintain x-hits?
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-01-20 03:38:58  
SimonSes said: »

Interesting, I could see this being the case. I am wondering what you change for the stp loss to maintain x-hits?

I haven't checked out new sets, so apologies if you accounted for this already but with new master system /50SAM gives you another store TP bonus. So you might be able to just ignore that STP loss...?
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 53 54 55