Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 58 59 60
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-18 12:36:24  
Stop throwing around insults. From both sides.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-18 12:36:26  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-18 12:41:02  
I have people skills what I deal with the FBI so Congress doesn't have to ! What the hell is wrong with you people !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 12:42:24  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Which means that Trump didn't tell the DOJ to stop the investigation, which means that the memo is a lie, which means that the memo could either not exist and NYT is lying about it or the memo was taken out of context and NYTs is lying about it.

So, which is it?

The memo isn't about the DoJ, you look confused.
You do know that Presidents direct the Attorney General into certain investigations, right?

You do know that Comey, under oath, stated that Attorney Generals have the right to stop an investigation, and that the DOJ did not in this case.

You do know that Trump has every right to direct Sessions into closing the investigation if he so chooses. But he didn't.

So, what's your excuse this time?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-18 13:16:08  
You do know that Presidents direct the Attorney General into certain investigations, right?

You do know that Comey, under oath, stated that Attorney Generals have the right to stop an investigation, and that the DOJ did not in this case.

You do know that Trump has every right to direct Sessions into closing the investigation if he so chooses. But he didn't.

That's completely unrelated to the point I made.

Comey says under oath the DoJ didn't try to stop investigation for political reasons.
Comey memo about Trump "asking" to stop the investigation.

Trump isn't the DoJ so you can't call that perjury.

I feel like this is a distraction from the previously stated point that Comey can't say Trump tried to obstruct an investigation without condemning himself for unlawful non-disclosure.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-18 13:22:39  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Comey says under oath the DoJ didn't try to stop investigation for political reasons.

I feel like this is a distraction from the previously stated point that Comey can't say Trump tried to obstruct an investigation without condemning himself for unlawful non-disclosure.
The idea here is that the request was ambiguous, an odd and uncomfortable request rather than a forcible effort. That is, until Trump 1. Asked for Comey's loyalty and 2. Fired him when he didn't get it. It's not the first event alone, it's a combination of all three.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 13:30:51  
Anna Ruthven said: »

The idea here is that the request was ambiguous, an odd and uncomfortable request rather than a forcible effort. That is, until Trump 1. Asked for Comey's loyalty and 2. Fired him when he didn't get it. It's not the first event alone, it's a combination of all three.
Nobody is questioning that Comey's firing wasn't shitty. Hell, the method itself was shitty for him.

But people are making mountains out of a small molehill out of this. I swear, it's like I'm looking at the Rockies here.

Comey should have been fired on day 1 of Trump's term. And, I'm guessing, Trump wished the same thing.

This investigation will not provide anything, except closure over this issue, which I'm afraid even some people aren't going to let go. This is the liberal's Benghazi.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-18 13:32:08  

Lol, now that's some spin. We can take a benign comment, inject it with conjecture and suspicion long after the fact, and turn it into obstruction of freaking justice, all in a way that keeps the guy whose job it was to report it out of prison.

I'd clap if the premise wasn't so ridiculous to begin with.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-18 13:32:43  
This is the liberal's Benghazi.
Perhaps. Perhaps it's deserved.
By Nausi 2017-05-18 13:33:56  
The childish response of the DC establishment to the 2016 election has done more damage to the republic than any foreign intervention could ever hope to.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-18 13:34:12  
According to my sources Trump is going to get the electric chair. I have no proof to back it up...you just have to trust me.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-18 13:34:57  
That is journalism today I can't verify my sources just trust me !
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-18 13:36:09  
Except there was something TO Benghazi!

There still is nothing but allegations to this know cling and screaming because they lost an election.
By Nausi 2017-05-18 13:36:30  
Kicking and screaming*
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-18 13:37:04  
Nausi said: »
Except there was something TO Benghazi!

There still is nothing but allegations to this know cling and screaming because they lost an election.
Obviously, you live in a conservative media bubble.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 13:37:14  
Probably.

Gives us conservatives some ammo next time a certain mod decides to make fun of Benghazi arguments.

*pew pew*
By Nausi 2017-05-18 13:38:36  
fonewear said: »
According to my sources Trump is going to get the electric chair. I have no proof to back it up...you just have to trust me.
The electric chair is far to light for TWOSCOOPS!
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-18 13:38:43  
Probably.

Gives us conservatives some ammo next time a certain mod decides to make fun of Benghazi arguments.

*pew pew*
Who, me?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-18 13:39:28  

Original article: "Trump buys new massage chair"

BuzzFeed article: "Trump gets an electric massage chair. You won't believe the reason why!"

WaPo article: "Anonymous sources inside the White House claim that Trump will get the electric chair"
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-18 13:39:55  
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-18 13:42:49  
Ben and Jerry's is terrible I don't care what anyone says. Good ice cream doesn't need tons of ***it in to make it good.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 13:45:36  
Probably.

*pew pew*
Who, me?
Well, you got to admit....

*stalker mode off*
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 13:47:45  
Ben and Jerry's is terrible I don't care what anyone says. Good ice cream doesn't need tons of ***it in to make it good.
Amen brother

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-18 13:54:04  
Probably.

*pew pew*
Who, me?

*stalker mode off*
I figured it out... Tenshi WAS Ben Ghazi!
By Nausi 2017-05-18 13:59:05  
Quote:
The Russia narrative is a deliberate "boogeyman" created by the Democratic establishment and corporate media to dismantle any hope of Trump achieving anything while in office now that the Republicans have the majority. Leaked emails show that political operatives within the Democratic administration have been suggesting that they exploit Trump's "bromance with Putin" (https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/25651) since December 2015; over a year before any of this Flynn business was even made public. Almost as if evidence were created to confirm the narrative they'd decided on a year earlier.

For the psychological influence its had on Americans: its simple. It's made moderate Republicans and Democrats distrustful of the current administration, because, according to every media outlet they look at, we're apparently still in the Cold War, and a Russian spy was just elected to the highest office in the World.

Most terrifying, though, is that its made young, hyperbolic reactionaries on the far left so terrified of the boogeyman they've created, that they've taken to rioting in the streets and committing acts of violence on Trump sympathizers. They've made it a priority to silence the voices who are still willing to support him publicly.

The greatest Irony is that we have millions of young minds all across America, marching in Lock-Step with the narrative fed to them by corporate media, all somehow thinking that they're going AGAINST the corporate agenda. Somehow, the majority of Americans have been tricked into vehemently supporting the will of the establishment... by the establishment.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 13:59:13  
Probably.

*pew pew*
Who, me?

*stalker mode off*
You are exactly 4 years too late.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-18 14:12:01  
Probably.

*pew pew*
Who, me?

*stalker mode off*
You are exactly 4 years too late.
I didn't even notice that. Lol
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2017-05-18 14:24:47  
The point is you are judging Trump before he is judged. You can't produce an outcome when you already think you have a verdict. That isn't how an investigation works.
Umm, Benghazi?
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-18 14:30:11  
And now for something completly different....

Creationist Sues Grand Canyon for Religious Discrimination
He wants to take rocks out of the park to study further, NPS declined request

Quote:
(Newser) – Somewhere between 15% and 40% of Americans believe our planet is only 10,000 years old, in spite of the literal heaps of evidence that it is far older. One such American, young-Earth creationist Andrew Snelling, is suing the National Park Service for not letting him remove rocks from the canyon to study, reports the Atlantic. Snelling holds a PhD in geology, has given lectures and guided biblical-themed rafting tours through the park. He cites First Amendment rights to free speech and religious freedom, Fifth Amendment rights to due process and equal protection, the 2000 Religious Freedom Restoration Act, and President Trump's executive order in May to protect religious freedoms from "undue interference by the federal government."

NPS rejected his 2013 request to collect 50 to 60 fist-sized rocks, reports the Phoenix New Times, saying all research in the park is restricted, especially if it involves removing any material. One park officer also noted that the type of rock he wanted to study can be found outside the park. Meanwhile, three mainstream geologists asked to peer review Snelling's request denounced the work as scientifically invalid, though some argue that Snelling should be allowed to proceed so his work can be argued on its merits. "I just expect to have fair treatment," he says. Others argue that scientists like Snelling are the ones being inflexible in the face of evidence that contradicts their beliefs. NPS declined to comment.

A Creationist Sues the Grand Canyon for Religious Discrimination
The national park wouldn’t let him collect rocks for research.

The Atlantic - and far too lont to copypasta
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 58 59 60