Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 58 59 60
By fonewear 2017-05-18 16:53:47  
On the birthmark it says "made in china" No wonder my body is always breaking down.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-18 17:02:59  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Chanti, I'm going to have my Super Awesome Road Trip this summer, and if my stalking skills haven't left me, I will be going through your city.

Any recommendations for me, or should I just drive on through with my windows up and pray that those crazy Washingtoners aren't into cannibalism?

/starts hearing banjo music playing in the background...
If you are going to Seattle or Spokane I can recommend several restaurants none of which serve long pig.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-18 17:03:27  
fonewear said: »
On the birthmark it says "made in china" No wonder my body is always breaking down.

Aw, crap. Does that mean this entire time we've had a knockoff brand of Fonewear? That's just great. This reminds me of that day as a kid when I realized that Transmogrifiers wasn't a real TV show.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 17:08:05  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
If you are going to Seattle

Actually going to flip the bird at Microsoft see the Space Needle/take a picture of the Space Needle.

Ogden is where I'm going to leave a flaming pile of *** (mine) at the doorsteps at night at the main IRS building, ring the doorbell, and hope to hell I don't get shot (that's the only reason why I'm going there anyway).
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 17:11:11  
Also, I'm going to the Grand Canyon to take 50-60 rocks for geological study.

This time, I'm not going to tell the park service.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-18 17:14:43  
Odin.Slore said: »
Only problem I have with evolution is where are all the life forms between apes and humans. Like neanderthals and ***? Maybe they are still here with, they just vote democrat.
Go to any beach in the summertime you will see lots.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-18 17:15:49  
Woooo! 7777th post!

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-18 17:17:06  

Actually going to flip the bird at Microsoft see the Space Needle/take a picture of the Space Needle.

Ogden is where I'm going to leave a flaming pile of *** (mine) at the doorsteps at night at the main IRS building, ring the doorbell, and hope to hell I don't get shot (that's the only reason why I'm going there anyway).

Ha. And you'll be cutting right through my neck of the woods.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 17:18:04  
Only problem I have with evolution is where are all the life forms between apes and humans. Like neanderthals and ***? Maybe they are still here with, they just vote democrat.
Except France, all you will see is boobies.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-18 17:19:09  
Except France, all you will see is boobies.

It wouldn't phase me. I think Fone's avatar has desensitized me.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 17:19:48  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Ha. And you'll be cutting right through my neck of the woods.
I wasn't sure if I was. But nice!

Any recommendations?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-18 17:25:59  
Yeah, I'll PM you some stuff later.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-18 17:27:45  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Im not espousing or arguing against any belief system or lack thereof. Simply stating a basic fact that modern humans or the earth itself being 10k years old is disproven by all relevant evidence. I don't know why this is controversial.
You basically stated that the difference between belief systems was irrelevant. Make sure you know what you're arguing before backpedaling a few posts later.

That being said, define "disproven". There is "disproven" in the true scientific sense, which is in layman's terms to say that we don't know everything, but with all the evidence we have this is our best conclusion. Then there's "disproven" in the non-scientific (read: stupid) sense, which is to say "Even though I'm basically a glorified ape with a limited perspective on the universe, I'm 100% right, everyone else is wrong, end of story."
Then there is disproven theologically.

Its why I read the KJ bible, so I could argue with street corner preachers. Problem is in those 55 intervening years, everyone and his talking parrot has published their own translation.

I have a parallel bible, 4 different translations, all side by side on every page. Occasionally there is a verse that takes 3 - 4 lines in one translation and nearly fills the page in another.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-18 17:31:41  
Im not espousing or arguing against any belief system or lack thereof. Simply stating a basic fact that modern humans or the earth itself being 10k years old is disproven by all relevant evidence. I don't know why this is controversial.
You basically stated that the difference between belief systems was irrelevant. Make sure you know what you're arguing before backpedaling a few posts later.

That being said, define "disproven". There is "disproven" in the true scientific sense, which is in layman's terms to say that we don't know everything, but with all the evidence we have this is our best conclusion. Then there's "disproven" in the non-scientific (read: stupid) sense, which is to say "Even though I'm basically a glorified ape with a limited perspective on the universe, I'm 100% right, everyone else is wrong, end of story."
Then there is disproven theologically.

Its why I read the KJ bible, so I could argue with street corner preachers. Problem is in those 55 intervening years, everyone and his talking parrot has published their own translation.

I have a parallel bible, 4 different translations, all side by side on every page. Occasionally there is a verse that takes 3 - 4 lines in one translation and nearly fills the page in another.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-05-18 18:02:02  
Just a little PSA for some of our friends here.

[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-18 18:05:36  
Damn it we can't even get spoilers to work ? This place is falling apart.
By fonewear 2017-05-18 18:11:25  
Since James Comey doesn't have a job he could always be a mod here on FFXIAH.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-18 18:11:52  
They told us why edit was removed on P&R.

They never told us why spoilers were borked.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-18 18:12:46  

Russians ?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-18 18:14:39  
Maybe we should just post pics of *** and *** give the mods something to do. See how quickly they delete them !
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-18 18:21:33  
fonewear said: »

Russians ?
Russian pee hookers?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-18 18:23:46  
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-18 18:30:39  
Yes that's what I've been saying. You're trying really hard to make this a thing. In the case of chanti's link, the difference is irrelevant because it doesn't matter if this person believes humans or the earth are 10,000 years old. In a more general sense, they're both untestable and therefore invalid hypotheses. So like yes they're different beliefs but I don't think that difference is necessarily important.
By fonewear 2017-05-18 18:38:23  
Also, I'm going to the Grand Canyon to take 50-60 rocks for geological study.

This time, I'm not going to tell the park service.

I'd bring a shovel I heard they buried gold in the canyon.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-18 18:41:36  
Yes that's what I've been saying. You're trying really hard to make this a thing. In the case of chanti's link, the difference is irrelevant because it doesn't matter if this person believes humans or the earth are 10,000 years old. In a more general sense, they're both untestable and therefore invalid hypotheses. So like yes they're different beliefs but I don't think that difference is necessarily important.

This is just really strange and I'm trying to wrap my head around your thought process. There are many, many things beyond religion that make up the opinions of people that are untestable as a scientific hypothesis. That doesn't mean that you can use all of these things interchangeably when reporting on one of them because "lol whatevs makes no difference to me".
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-18 18:46:07  
Just a little PSA for some of our friends here.

Mike Pence? The current conspiracy is that Trump Flynn Pence Ryan and Priebus are all getting arrested making Orin Hatch the President. Hillary has been irrelevant for 6 months.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-18 18:47:26  
We are talking about creationism. You're extrapolating this far past that.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-18 18:55:33  
Yes that's what I've been saying. You're trying really hard to make this a thing. In the case of chanti's link, the difference is irrelevant because it doesn't matter if this person believes humans or the earth are 10,000 years old. In a more general sense, they're both untestable and therefore invalid hypotheses. So like yes they're different belief3s but I don't think that difference is necessarily important.
This is just really strange and I'm trying to wrap my head around your thought process. There are many, many things beyond religion that make up the opinions of people that are untestable as a scientific hypothesis. That doesn't mean that you can use all of these things interchangeably when reporting on one of them because "lol whatevs makes no difference to me".
Is this a case of syntax error?

I don't understand what Pleebo is saying either.

P. S. Someday I will make a M Taru / Lala and name him Syntax Error.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 58 59 60