Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 58 59 60
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:23:52  
Nausi said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I look at it this way. And I am noting that, yes, there is no such thing as a perfect analogy.

A man walks into a gas station and without provocation shoots a guy in the face. It is caught on camera, and the video becomes available to the public. Due to a technicality, he is never convicted.

Would you fault anyone for calling him a murderer even if he was acquitted? No, and why not? Because there is a preponderance of evidence. I'm not saying anyone should go vigilante on the guy because we should respect the system, but the proof is there.

Hillary Clinton broke the law. Comey more or less said so, and the evidence mounted in the eyes of the public long before the election ever occurred. It wasn't just smoke, we saw the fire.

The claims against Donald Trump have yielded zero evidence available to the public. There is definitely smoke, but with a highly dishonest media and an odd, unpredictable Trump clearly contributing to at least some of that smoke unnecessarily, there is plenty of reasonable doubt.
I understand that point, where does Hillary come into any and every little thing that comes up against​ Trump?

Trump fires Comey, the public loses their *** minds and Trump supporters immediately start saying "But Hillary sent emails and stored them on a non government server!"

Yeah, she did... what's your point?

Dude, she trafficked in classified information. When she wanted to send stuff that was top secret but she couldn't send it because it had "classified" on it, she removed the markings and sent it anyways.

That is a HUGE DEAL. The "but her emails" meme is bogus, it's not about emails, it's about trafficking in government secrets.

Do you think that is you did that, they wouldn't throw you in jail? Why then aren't you angered by it (serious question)?
I'm not denying she did that, I'm asking why you guys still try to use it as a distraction when you guys are the only people it works on. Is it relevant when you talk about Hillary? Yes. The Dems? Maybe. Trump? No, not at all. It's a weak defense and a distraction.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 10:25:15  
Let's play a scenario. The new FBI director, at the end of the investigation, lays out a series of laws that Donald Trump broke in his interactions with Russia. Several minutes in, everyone believes he is going to be found guilty of a crime. The new director finishes by saying that no reasonable prosecutor would bring a case against Trump.

What does the Left do?
A. They say, "Well, shucks," and then go on with life, telling people to let it go because this is proof that Trump was not guilty (like they expected the Right to do with Clinton).
B. They lose their minds, riot, scream for impeachment, and also call for the immediate resignation of the director.

Be honest. What is the more likely outcome here, and why would they expect the Right to act any differently?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:27:12  
Honestly, it really seems like the Hillary thing is all the conservatives have because it's repeated so much. Same thing with Benghazi, it was repeated to the point of becoming less of a tragedy and more of a politicized talking point.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:31:08  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Let's play a scenario. The new FBI director, at the end of the investigation, lays out a series of laws that Donald Trump broke in his interactions with Russia. Several minutes in, everyone believes he is going to be found guilty of a crime. The new director finishes by saying that no reasonable prosecutor would bring a case against Trump.

What does the Left do?
A. They say, "Well, shucks," and then go on with life, telling people to let it go because this is proof that Trump was not guilty (like they expected the Right to do with Clinton).
B. They lose their minds, riot, scream for impeachment, and also call for the immediate resignation of the director.

Be honest. What is the more likely outcome here, and why would they expect the Right to act any differently?
B, because people are *** stupid.

Imagine if in 2020 a Dem takes the presidency, sells Intel to various countries, and basically one-ups anything Trump is accused of and our only defense is "Well, Trump did it too." Over and over and over.. because it's all we'd have. It'd look pretty dump on us, right?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:31:46  
Dumb*
By Nausi 2017-05-19 10:32:32  
I'm not denying she did that, I'm asking why you guys still try to use it as a distraction when you guys are the only people it works on. Is it relevant when you talk about Hillary? Yes. The Dems? Maybe. Trump? No, not at all. It's a weak defense and a distraction.

The defense of Trump is that there's no evidence to support any of the accusations against him.

Pointing to Hillary is used to point out the hypocrisy of the left in their pursuit of "justice". I mean the left clearly doesn't want justice, I don't think there's any argument to be made for that anymore.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 10:33:18  
Honestly, it really seems like the Hillary thing is all the conservatives have because it's repeated so much. Same thing with Benghazi, it was repeated to the point of becoming less of a tragedy and more of a politicized talking point.

You can't minimize obvious hypocrisy. If everyone was treated the same, Hillary would be gone in the minds of the public. By doing everything they could to protect her, the media, establishment, and Left in general opened up Pandora's Box when Trump took the torch. You can't expect previously strong sentiments of unfairness to die away overnight.

If you don't believe me, look at people that are still trying to get reparations from descendants for atrocities committed by nobody that is even alive today.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:34:01  

The defense of Trump is that there's no evidence to support any of the accusations against him.

Pointing to Hillary is used to point out the hypocrisy of the left in their pursuit of "justice". I mean the left clearly doesn't want justice, I don't think there's any argument to be made for that anymore.
There is suggested evidence and I'm eager to see it. I wish they'd stop *** around.
By fonewear 2017-05-19 10:36:41  
Don't you guys have some anime you should be watching ?
By fonewear 2017-05-19 10:37:32  
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-19 10:38:02  

Worked with pushing shady policy and agenda post 9/11.

-"Why are we violating the 4th amendment via NSA spying?"

-"Because of 9/11. We can't let it happen again."

-"Why are we attacking this country that has nothing to do with 9/11?"

-"Because... 9/11 and Weapons of Mass Destruction. Don't forget 9/11. Say look at the time, it's 9:11."

It's just emotional manipulation aka playing on the feels.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:38:06  
I think focusing on the past to make excuses in the present is going to slow down progress in the future somehow.
By Nausi 2017-05-19 10:39:41  

There is suggested evidence and I'm eager to see it. I wish they'd stop *** around.

"Suggested evidence" is nothing more than rumor. Should we live in a society that treats rumor the same as evidence for a specific class of people?

How many rounds of keep-a-way do you need to play with the democrat-media complex before you begin to see them as full of ***? (honest question)
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-19 10:40:35  
I suggest the Democrats take a chill pill...aka a Valium.
By Nausi 2017-05-19 10:41:56  
I think focusing on the past to make excuses in the present is going to slow down progress in the future somehow.

"Those who know not of history are doomed to repeat it."
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 10:44:19  

I understand why information isn't released in ongoing investigations, but there comes a point in extreme cases like this where there needs to be something said. The media clearly does not want this to end, and every single claim from an anonymous source (real or imagined) extends the investigation. When the mere presence of the investigation throws the entire country into chaos, they need to compartmentalize claims and shut down at least some of the narratives as they complete them to cool things off. Otherwise we have precedent of extreme First Amendment exploitation used to create permanent investigations for political gain, and when it has worked once it will be used over and over and over again.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:45:03  

"Suggested evidence" is nothing more than rumor. Should we live in a society that treats rumor the same as evidence for a specific class of people?

How many rounds of keep-a-way do you need to play with the democrat-media complex before you begin to see them as full of ***? (honest question)
Both sides of the media are full of ***, both sides spin things in a way that their readers want to see it. For example, the right is spinning Comey's testimony in a way that puts Comey as lying under oath for not being more specific. The left is spinning the same thing as "Comey didn't lie under oath because he wasn't specific."

It's the same topic, the same ***, two different sides viewing it two different ways. You, personally, seem to fall for it regularly.

Admit it, the right wing media is just as *** and dishonest as the left.
By fonewear 2017-05-19 10:47:00  
You do realize that 90% of the media is liberal. And will do anything to take down Trump.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-19 10:47:47  
All the evil Republicans have is talk radio and fox news. You guys control everything else.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-19 10:49:40  
You had your 8 years your time is over ! It is the era of Trump till he resigns or is impeached. Let us live a little bit Jesus !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 10:49:55  
Admit it, the right wing media is just as *** and dishonest as the left.

Yeah, that's like saying the 6 foot bully with the machine gun is just as bad as the 4 foot bully with the brass knuckles just because they both intend to commit murder. They're both a problem, but one poses a much larger threat.

(Again, no such thing as a perfect analogy)
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:50:03  
fonewear said: »
All the evil Republicans have is talk radio and fox news. You guys control everything else.
Well, there's also Breitbart.
By fonewear 2017-05-19 10:50:45  
Well, there's also Breitbart.

Wow one website that is a ton of places to get non liberal bias !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-19 10:51:04  
Hell even FFXIAH has a liberal bias and it is a third party hack website...
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:51:17  
You had your 8 years your time is over ! It is the era of Trump till he resigns or is impeached. Let us live a little bit Jesus !
Then President Pence.
By fonewear 2017-05-19 10:52:07  
You guys won't even admit you have a liberal bias which is odd. Cause you attack Trump 24/7 then say "I'm objective I'm the last objective man alive !"
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-19 10:53:20  
I would respect CNN MSNBC etc if they just admitted they hated Trump and want him to be impeached. It would be the first time the told the "truth" ever.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-19 10:53:48  
You do realize that 90% of the media is liberal. And will do anything to take down Trump.

This debatable in the capacity of consumption. Sure there are more producers and publishers of liberal media, but conservatives consume the most.

For example. Fox News advertises themselves as not being mainstream media. However, Fox News for the last few years has been #1 in ratings and viewer consumption. Which technically makes them the mainstream media.
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 58 59 60