user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-06-08 12:51:28  
Is that a joke Nite?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-06-08 13:06:53  
He's on call...not responsible for bad puns, kat(intended) memes, or skillchain humor.
[+]
 Odin.Horu
サーバ: Odin
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2017-06-08 23:30:01  
you know, in terms of magic evsion, those Apex frogs next to those apex jagils in moh's gates have a increadable ammount of magic evasion, perhaps the next tests should be on those? that'll give more of a prospective on what Ageha will be like on higher teir NMs along with magic evasion NMs
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-08 23:38:46  
I stand corrected. Ageha > enpi > enpi > kasha > shoha > fudo is amazing. I imagined it'd be weak because of the double enpi, but it's pretty potent. Killing Apex Bats in one round.

Thanks for the skillchain.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [79 days between previous and next post]
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2017-08-26 21:14:33  
Asura.Saevel said: »
There isn't now nor ever has been any indication that dSTAT effects magic accuracy on weapon skills. especially since many magic weaponskills have no dSTAT term and all Physical WS's use dSTR.

Magic accuracy is based on the player skill value vs the enemy's magic evasion which is why additional effects from WS's tend to perform poorly on high level monsters. They have higher magic evasion then the player has magic accuracy and we don't buff magic acc on melee's.

I wanted to make a post about this, but I see there's already mention of it here.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=251&mid=1255451428197923912&num=13&page=1

That's a link to a test of dINT's affect on Headbutt's stun added effect. The sample size is small, but the results are so night and day that it does establish dINT has some effect. Given SE's laziness, and the fact BLU spells are pretty close to WSes in formula, I'd say it's not too far fetched to say Tachi: Ageha probably has a dSTAT that would provide additional MACC.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was dINT, like Frightful Roar's added effect seemed to be (I distinctly remember a similar test to the one above being done for FR, but I cannot find it for the life of me).

What mob would be the best target to test this on, and (if possible) is there a bot I could use to just WS and record chat logs with? I feel if there is a dSTAT, be it INT, CHR, or MND, it could provide a noticeable boost to Ageha's functionality on higher level mobs.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-27 02:08:28  
Remora.Brain said: »
There isn't now nor ever has been any indication that dSTAT effects magic accuracy on weapon skills. especially since many magic weaponskills have no dSTAT term and all Physical WS's use dSTR.

Magic accuracy is based on the player skill value vs the enemy's magic evasion which is why additional effects from WS's tend to perform poorly on high level monsters. They have higher magic evasion then the player has magic accuracy and we don't buff magic acc on melee's.

I wanted to make a post about this, but I see there's already mention of it here.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=251&mid=1255451428197923912&num=13&page=1

That's a link to a test of dINT's affect on Headbutt's stun added effect. The sample size is small, but the results are so night and day that it does establish dINT has some effect. Given SE's laziness, and the fact BLU spells are pretty close to WSes in formula, I'd say it's not too far fetched to say Tachi: Ageha probably has a dSTAT that would provide additional MACC.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was dINT, like Frightful Roar's added effect seemed to be (I distinctly remember a similar test to the one above being done for FR, but I cannot find it for the life of me).

What mob would be the best target to test this on, and (if possible) is there a bot I could use to just WS and record chat logs with? I feel if there is a dSTAT, be it INT, CHR, or MND, it could provide a noticeable boost to Ageha's functionality on higher level mobs.

You should of read the whole thing.

Quote:
Someone is going to see your test, disregard that it only had 100 hits, and is going to put the data forward as "fact" (on FFXIclopedia) and thus completely sway everyone away from researching what it could actually be.

I'm not saying you're wrong. And i'm not saying you're right. It's just that even if there's a 50% chance on something, it's entirely possible to go 0/100 on something. It's only logical to asume that 92/100 and 72/100 arent that far apart really. It could just as well be set around a 80% proc regardless of gear, and that you've been unlucky in the 72 case, and lucky in the 92 case.

Please do not derive any "facts" from this data just yet...

Quote:
If I remember my college stats class correctly, this is statistically significant considering the sample size, number of variables, relationship, and standard deviation.

That being said, it is a fact you have a better chance of being hit by lightning on a clear day than going 0/100 on a 50% chance. More than 0/6 on a 50% and you can start looking for something skewing the results.

The issues that I am concerned about are that crabs are weak to lightning, Elemental Staves have an unknown MagAcc bonus (though one clearly exists), little is known about the degrees of stun that occur (for example, when I HeadButt Cursed Puppets, sometimes the stun lasts a sec and sometimes two, and and the tests don't really address this), and the tests don't seperate out MagAcc and skill and Int in a precise way.

I'd be interested in the same tests done on spiders, with Int separated out (maybe a +30 Int build vs. a +0 Int build), a +X Mag build from a +0 Mag Acc build, and a +16 BLU skill merit build from a base BLU skill build.

Testing would most likely be best on the level 130+ Apex monsters as you can get multiple tests on a single one. Figuring out INT is pretty simply, requiring nuking it a few times and reversing the damage into the dINT component. There wasn't nearly enough control or data points, and that's with BLU spells and not actual weapon skills. Instead you'd have to test with something like WHM/PLD using a non-ilevel sword and flat blade.

Another thing to remember is that additional effects on WS's typically have two random values that are rolled. The first is the chance of that effect even happening, assuming that specific WS isn't 100%, the second is the actual resistance roll.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2401 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2024-03-23 17:21:04  
Remora.Brain said: »

has anyone done anymore testing on figuring out if the Macc aspect of landing breaks have a base stat that effects it? mostly just an academic curiosity at this point. In the same vein does Hybrids have a base stat that effects the rate of resists for the magic portion of the damage.