フォーラム » Windower » General » Voidwatch addon
Voidwatch addon
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-30 11:21:11  
Asura.Squanchie said: »
While addons like this are super helpful.. People are now just botting with these. Taking the VW luas with other known bots (Not naming them) and sitting there taking up the spots that real people want to use.

Sadly, I don't think it even matters anymore. I'm not one to ruin things for any one. Also as much as people think that using these types of things are hugely more reliable means, sometimes they are not. There's a lot of issues with it to be honest and dying, or pausing is still very easily a possibility. Really should only be used while you are around. I'm not claiming to be a saint either.

Also being on a dead server is different lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-30 11:25:19  
I legit prefer that LITERALLY everyone use this addon.

Cause *** you and waiting for you to open your coffer. Some of you people are so damn slow.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-30 11:29:08  
Even if they are using this and *botting* all you have to do is spam a few cures on pt leader and it will stop the addon. :D
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-03-30 12:00:47  
/blockaid on
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-30 12:15:56  
Honestly, common sense should tell you that sharing ***like this could potentially bite you in the ***. With 3-9 rifts per server(depending if you care which pouch NM), even small ones are often full of people botting the rifts. Packet based popping will never be beaten by a legit player, so it's a pretty significant problem for them.

Not that I'm not doing the same, but when you make it fully public it becomes a lot worse. It's also behavior that could be banworthy, and not everyone who downloads an addon considers that it's essentially a bot and could have consequences.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-03-30 12:18:26  
Some people would rather see the world burn.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-30 12:30:35  
I personally would prefer everyone bot, than have even one guy who can't open his damn box.

That will never happen, it would be FANTASTIC if square would just add a "hey this *** didnt take his ***yet" giant red letter text box.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-03-30 12:39:15  
Also should state that this does not fully automate voidwatch. The player must skill engage and kill the mob. It simply speeds up box management/trading cells/etc. There are addons out there to automate the fight (which I won't distribute). If someone is capable of making an addon to do that than they are certainly capable of making addon to automate what I posted.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-30 12:40:00  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
/blockaid on

Totally forgot this was a thing haha.
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Honestly, common sense should tell you that sharing ***like this could potentially bite you in the ***. With 3-9 rifts per server(depending if you care which pouch NM), even small ones are often full of people botting the rifts. Packet based popping will never be beaten by a legit player, so it's a pretty significant problem for them.

Not that I'm not doing the same, but when you make it fully public it becomes a lot worse. It's also behavior that could be banworthy, and not everyone who downloads an addon considers that it's essentially a bot and could have consequences.

I agree. I'll share info, info some one can put it to use cool, I'm sure every one is aware of the consequences. If I ever get the hammer, I'll be relieved to be honest.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-30 12:44:32  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
If someone is capable of making an addon to do that than they are certainly capable of making addon to automate what I posted.

I don't think this is even remotely true, all you have to do is send a single /attack and /follow to automate most of those fights. You'll win without even WSing. This can be accomplished with many methods, a windower script tied to react or something even. Writing something comparable to what you gave out requires at least some sembleance of programming knowledge.

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
I agree. I'll share info, info some one can put it to use cool, I'm sure every one is aware of the consequences. If I ever get the hammer, I'll be relieved to be honest.
Pretty much same. Happy to help anyone coding their own stuff or answer general questions, but I won't serve it up on a silver platter for people who can't do anything past loading an addon.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-03-30 15:21:10  
hey question about this.
will this still clear the box if im not able to pop the mob my self? like if its someone else popping it? it looks like it will but i thought id ask.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-30 15:59:53  
That specific add on posted should yes.
By zaxtiss 2018-04-13 14:55:30  
cool, thanks
By Lilfrosty 2018-04-13 15:20:32  
How come when I use the lua from the first page it relinquishes all...?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [120 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2018-08-12 01:45:45  
does anyone have updated Offsets for this? mine will Trade Cells/Empty Box, but it wont pop.

i havnt tried displacers cause its only taking me about 45seconds to kill Aello already.
 Lakshmi.Igadget
By Lakshmi.Igadget 2018-08-12 15:32:01  
Lakshmi.Reddwarf said: »
does anyone have updated Offsets for this? mine will Trade Cells/Empty Box, but it wont pop.

i havnt tried displacers cause its only taking me about 45seconds to kill Aello already.

I couldn't get it to work until I got displacers, so I think they're required for the addon.

Not sure how it would work if you're not the popper.
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2018-08-13 19:35:26  
Lakshmi.Igadget said: »
Lakshmi.Reddwarf said: »

I couldn't get it to work until I got displacers, so I think they're required for the addon.

Not sure how it would work if you're not the popper.

works for me now. as PT lead, the other 3 users just open boxes/take loot, i think its only designed for the PT leader to pop it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-13 19:38:12  
I was going to mention you had to be party leader, but I figured there would be no way that was your issue... Considering it usually gets done solo these days and you had to be leader to call trust anyway.
 Bahamut.Asphaar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2018-08-18 22:51:28  
Is there any way to make it just pick certain items? My inventory gets overwhelmed. ):
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2018-08-18 23:00:35  
Bahamut.Asphaar said: »
Is there any way to make it just pick certain items? My inventory gets overwhelmed. ):

could use Treasury to just toss all the junk
[+]
 Bahamut.Asphaar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2018-08-19 14:18:30  
Ty. And anyone knows how to make it use a lower number of displacers per fight? 5 is way too much for me, I usually kill it under 30 seconds with 1.
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2018-09-10 04:14:35  
Does anyone know if there is a UNM version of this?
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2018-09-20 13:06:03  
Bump! Also wondering if there is a UNM version?
By Foxfire 2018-09-20 18:28:19  
You already have the pouches add-on for the chests, just pop the damn thing yourself, it's not that hard
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-20 18:33:34  
Foxfire said: »
You already have the pouches add-on for the chests, just pop the damn thing yourself, it's not that hard
Ain't nobody got time fo'dat.
By BlaTheTaru 2018-09-20 18:56:37  
All the free bumps! So salty.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [61 days between previous and next post]
By aashafox 2018-11-20 11:07:15  
Do you have to have the lua loaded on all the party members? Currently dual boxing and it's not clearing the chest for my other char.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-20 11:37:54  
Obviously, how is a lua gonna open the box on character 2 if it isn't loaded?