Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Escutcheons final stage
Escutcheons final stage
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21
By RageQuit 2019-02-02 19:48:38  
This has probably been asked and answered by now, but going to ask here anyway. Seeming on how it is either HQ or fail with shield, does synth success rate + translate to higher HQ rate? or does Synth Success rate + have no effect when shield is equipped?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-02 20:08:35  
RageQuit said: »
This has probably been asked and answered by now, but going to ask here anyway. Seeming on how it is either HQ or fail with shield, does synth success rate + translate to higher HQ rate? or does Synth Success rate + have no effect when shield is equipped?

I don't think I've seen a specific test to confirm or deny, but my guess is it has no effect based on nothing more than insufficient sample sizes from my personal experience.

Would be interested to see as well if anyone has proper data on it.
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-02-02 20:36:24  
No one is sharing ***because if it’s favorable then everyone is going to hop on the bandwagon

Made 40 billion from nov 17 to feb 18 with 2 shields. Now hqs selling for 5-10% of what they were back then
[+]
 Asura.Abbydon
user: abbydon
By Asura.Abbydon 2019-02-02 21:02:35  
Asura.Toralin said: »
No one is sharing ***because if it’s favorable then everyone is going to hop on the bandwagon

Made 40 billion from nov 17 to feb 18 with 2 shields. Now hqs selling for 5-10% of what they were back then

I finally maxed out cooking. I used it to make gil back before I quit in 2011. I came back last September.

With the bots taking every last sphere ingredient drop and charging a fortune for the spheres themselves, people increasing the price of base ingredients by 300% or more in a matter of months, and 5 people absolutely saturating the market with items at a loss simply because they make up the difference on HQ --- I'm highly considering just giving up on the shield. Crafting is pretty much the only way I make gil, but it's getting really brutal between the bots and a handful of cutthroat people.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-02-03 09:58:30  
The market on Asura is vastly different from almost all other servers. Bots farming spheres in absolute MASS quantity has surely changed the landscape as well as people releasing additional tools to expediate the process of building shields..

Are any of them worth it now? I would say absolutely not. If you buy all the spheres/cataltst/crystals, you are going to be in for at least 1 billion probably closer to 1.5-2b and how cut throat it is now it will take a long long long time to see any positive return on a shield

Even if you have the shield and every proper item to aid in HQ rates the game offers, you don't stand a chance against some people.

Everyone dreams of selling 10 Rostams a day with a Smithing Shield, once they get it and realize the numbers put the break even at 150m per and people are selling them at 120m, Im sure the shield loses alot of luster.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-03 10:39:23  
I said that exact thing over a year ago.

Every new retard with a shield makes every existing shield less valuable. Just keep ripping each others throats out.

...and dropping the $/M #fail
[+]
By Staleyx 2019-02-03 12:17:23  
Keep crying baby. Someone change this boys diaper.
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-02-03 18:51:08  
Staleyx said: »
Keep crying baby. Someone change this boys diaper.

RMT are farming Medals at a rate that real players cannot match, and are converting that to Su5s and +2 necks at a price that real players cannot match. It actually is a problem right now.

The same is functionally true for Su3s, and most of the high-demand accessories. Bot armies aren't just proving materials from old content any more... they're monopolizing the crafting markets as well.

Farming materials in Delve and Vagary and Dynamis is fine; they aren't blocking anyone else from doing the same, and while they lower the prices a bit, the reality is that all three are still really, really good gil. Farming sphere's, though, is problematic: them farming spheres directly interferes with anyone else farming spheres meaningfully. This is toxic.

Crafting below cost is also problematic: there's a reason that that kind of thing is illegal in the real world.

I'm not broadly anti-bot. I think that they can provide a valuable service to the community as a whole. It's when they go extreme that problems arise, and it's getting to that point now. In some cases, it has passed it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-02-03 21:53:03  
It's gotten to the point where you literally HAVE to bot to remain competitive. Maybe that's not a problem for most of you, but it's just such a catastrophic failure for Square-Enix in terms of game design.

I'm just about certain that anybody with a shield has either botted it or has been directly assisted by another player botting. Which, again, isn't strictly bad... except that it's impossible to compete against if you're a regular player. With Delve, Vagary, etc. at least those are instanced... sphere farming is not.

The economy is broken. The people with shields have already won.

EDIT: People act like this is an Asura problem, but it's not, because every server belongs to Asura now. Many of my customers server transfer to Asura because ***is cheaper and more plentiful there. There is a larger supply of materials, more competition, and a regular flow of cash in the economy. This goes for spheres as well.

Let me repeat that: it is literally more efficient for people to move to Asura AND BACK than to buy items on Phoenix.

So me, a crafter on Phoenix, has to decide prices NOT BY THE COSTS OF MATERIALS ON PHOENIX, but by whatever the *** prices on Asura are. Mats are more expensive on Phoenix and prices in Asura are cheaper, so I'm literally losing money on average (without a shield).

*** Asura.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-03 23:00:53  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
So me, a crafter on Phoenix, has to decide prices NOT BY THE COSTS OF MATERIALS ON PHOENIX, but by whatever the *** prices on Asura are. Mats are more expensive on Phoenix and prices in Asura are cheaper, so I'm literally losing money on average (without a shield).

This would have been true with or without server transfers, with how powerful the enchantment is it is only to be expected that someone without shield won't be able to compete.

Not touching the other issues, though.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-02-03 23:16:29  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

*** Asura.

Maybe you shouldn't play on a dead *** server if all you're gonna do is *** about it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-03 23:22:22  
Real talk, why would you not have a shield by now if you craft even partially seriously.

The only excuse you have for not having a shield is you're worried about getting banned. Legitimately *surprised pickachu face* that they haven't banned every single person with a shield tbh
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-02-04 00:02:03  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

This would have been true with or without server transfers, with how powerful the enchantment is it is only to be expected that someone without shield won't be able to compete.

Not touching the other issues, though.

I only added that caveat because I don't have personal experience with the shield. The fact that mat prices on this server are higher than Asura's and synth prices are forced to match Asura's still suggests that people on this server are making less money compared to Asura, even with shield.

Asura.Frod said: »

Maybe you shouldn't play on a dead *** server if all you're gonna do is *** about it.

There's 16 *** servers in this game and only like 2 of them are what you would personally call "not dead." If your only response to my complaint is "LOL MOVE TO ASURA" then that more or less proves my point.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Real talk, why would you not have a shield by now if you craft even partially seriously.

The only excuse you have for not having a shield is you're worried about getting banned. Legitimately *surprised pickachu face* that they haven't banned every single person with a shield tbh

Again, if you read the post correctly, the issue is not that I'm averse to botting, but that "if you are seriously considering crafting" you actually have to violate the Terms of Service of this game and bot if you want to stand a chance. It's just such a what-the-*** blunder on SE's part considering all the lip service they seem to give about botting.

The fact that Square-Enix designed a system which is effectively GATED BEHIND BOTTING is objectively stupid.

Take a step back, put your shield down for a minute, and look at the game and you'd agree with me. The state of crafting is just a shitshow now.

The responses from people about this dilemma since people have raised concerns about it when the final stage was announced more or less boil down to

1) FFXI Stockholm Syndrome, or
2) People wanting to feel special for owning the shield, or
3) People posting only to protect their own interests at the expense of the integrity of the MMO as a whole.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-02-05 07:33:04  
They make fabulous money off botting. They sure as well are going to keep doing it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2019-02-05 09:03:38  
Yes stay far away its horrible, you just lose gil by the ton.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-02-11 03:29:33  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
They make fabulous money off botting. They sure as well are going to keep doing it.

Of course they will, that doesn't make the system any less broken
[+]
By tonic316 2019-02-19 19:19:33  
speaking of shields, here's what everyone is using to make theres automatically. Enjoy! Let the flood gates open. You have to setup a script as well to stop it every 10 mins and start it but other then that it works well from what I hear.

https://pastebin.com/MevF8ZeH The Read me
https://pastebin.com/ff8GVkky The LUA
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-19 20:08:42  
Who reposted that, kind of scummy they edited one line
Code
--[[
Copyright © 2018,
All rights reserved.
Code
--[[ 
Copyright © 2018, Sammeh and Langly of Quetzalcoatl
All rights reserved.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2019-02-19 20:40:28  
Aww, you remembered. :)
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-02-24 12:30:11  
tonic316 said: »
speaking of shields, here's what everyone is using to make theres automatically. Enjoy! Let the flood gates open. You have to setup a script as well to stop it every 10 mins and start it but other then that it works well from what I hear.

https://pastebin.com/MevF8ZeH The Read me
https://pastebin.com/ff8GVkky The LUA

Got everything setup but I cannot get it to synth itself...ah well
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-24 13:45:22  
I think, if it's built at least partially on/like ewillina's work, that its broken (maybe).

idk, I won't even consider doing the sphere stuff, but the synergy lua is broken as well. Some recent update broke it somehow.
[+]
 Asura.Grievance
user: ringly
By Asura.Grievance 2019-03-07 08:13:04  
Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Much love for yours!

You people building shields have a big surprise coming when done....lol. you wont be the hq machine you hoped for
 Bahamut.Dbaggins
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Dvnnz
By Bahamut.Dbaggins 2019-03-07 08:47:57  
Asura.Grievance said: »
Much love for yours!

You people building shields have a big surprise coming when done....lol. you wont be the hq machine you hoped for

This x10000. When I first finished I thought I was going to be able to hq in my sleep, then proceeded to obliterate the remainder of my gil and ended up with a steaming pile of nothing.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-03-07 10:18:20  
Marootsoobootsu said: »
RMT are farming Medals at a rate that real players cannot match, and are converting that to Su5s and +2 necks at a price that real players cannot match. It actually is a problem right now.
I can't buy this. The only blatant RMTs I've seen are people with ajshdvha names in Ceizak and Sih on BST/dnc in full spark gear (sometimes full bayld) brazenly speed hacking half the zone.

Is the argument that RMTs are going around, gaining access to Dynamis Divergence, farming wave 1/2 for medals, and then getting crafting up to 110 + shields for the ability to make the Su5 weapons and +2 some Dynamis JSE necks to price gouge to sell to get the gil to sell to people?
And not just bot out sparks?
Pretty sure all the SU5/neck+2 sellers are just random people.
[+]
 Cerberus.Drayco
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2019-03-07 10:29:50  
Much love for yours!

I don't doubt it for a second... but it'll be just like making my 119 AG Redemption... Because I can!
 Cua
By Cua 2019-03-07 11:14:37  
So if we're not HQ machines, is the shield not worth it??

Asking for a friend.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-07 16:37:59  
FaeQueenCory said: »
Marootsoobootsu said: »
I can't buy this. The only blatant RMTs I've seen are people with ajshdvha names in Ceizak and Sih on BST/dnc in full spark gear (sometimes full bayld) brazenly speed hacking half the zone.

Is the argument that RMTs are going around, gaining access to Dynamis Divergence, farming wave 1/2 for medals, and then getting crafting up to 110 + shields for the ability to make the Su5 weapons and +2 some Dynamis JSE necks to price gouge to sell to get the gil to sell to people?
And not just bot out sparks?
Pretty sure all the SU5/neck+2 sellers are just random people.

There are 2 vastly different classes of RMT. Spark bot scrubs are your usual suspects. The other ones Just sell the enormous amounts of gil they make by being very good at exploiting the game. (and the people who play it)

RMT isn't how you make the gil. It's what you do with it.
By Shichishito 2019-03-07 17:33:14  

you say that as if anyone who finished a shield put any effort into it rather than having bots handle the dirty work for them.

if you speaking from first hand experience it sure didn't do much harm to you judging by your profile.
By Staleyx 2019-03-07 17:41:39  
RMT are definitely taking advantage of 1st time personal drops to then funnel into shield owners.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21