フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Auto RA
Auto RA
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2017-09-20 23:05:14  
Does anyone have a auto RA plugin/GS script that works?
Preferably one that is based on packets.
Manually doing RA is so slow it's hard to keep up with other DD's for TP gain.

Thank you.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-09-21 08:24:48  
Bismarck.Cladbolg said: »
Manually doing RA is so slow it's hard
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-09-21 09:10:30  
Couple months ago Snaps was working on making the packet-based AuroRA plug-in ship-able (link) but no update since then. I'm guessing he's been busy with real life and didn't have time to finalize it though.

Verda RNG gearswap (link) had a rudimentary autoRA based on player status (shooting start + shooting end) but may need some effort to update your GS to use that (if it even still works)
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-21 11:50:46  
I work 50~60 hours a week now and don't have the energy to do much other work when I get home. I'll release the development version for now so people can try it out. I've been using it for months and it works great. Please know that it is incomplete and you will not get much support for this either.

To begin with, this is a gearswap extension, not an addon. You will need to incorporate it with your gearswap.

Put these two files in addons/gearswap/libs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvshrl3vq0gk1nx/rnghelper.lua?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/39gzyem713spnah/rnghelper_settings.xml?dl=0

Put this file in addons/libs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhb8gzqai19f5u9/config2.lua?dl=0

And add the line

Code
require('rnghelper')

To your gearswap.

Notes:

This queues up all of your actions and will insert ranged attacks into the queue after you /shoot something. It can also insert weaponskills into the queue. There are few commands to alter its behavior. All commands are prefixed by //gs rh.

set

Sets a weaponskill that will be used when you have 1000+ TP

Code
//gs rh set "Last Stand"

Sets the auto WS to Last Stand.

Code
//gs rh set

Sets the auto WS to None (it won't auto WS). This is useful when skillchaining and such.

The extension loads with Coronach set by default.

clear

This clears the queue and the target you set.

Code
//gs rh clear

You should macro this for two reasons.

1.) You want to stop shooting something before its dead.
2.) The extension gets stuck.

#2 can happen because there are quite a few edge conditions (status effects, trying to shoot NPCs, etc.) that I haven't taken into account. The release version will take into account most of these.

disable

Disable the extension.

Code
//gs rh disable

enable

Enables the extension

Code
//gs rh enable

Notes:

You must be using a Motes based gearswap for this to work.

Sometimes the extension will stop. A dropped action completion packet may cause this (very rare, have only seen it once or twice so far) or the mob may walk out of range or to the side out of your view. Or you get hit with Petrify or something. By default, the extension will retry a failed queue item once. A second failure will cause it to get stuck. You can usually remedy it by just doing /shoot again, although in some cases you may have to //gs rh clear and then /shoot.

Actions/magic/items/ja are inserted a queue instead of being used immediately as you will probably be in the middle of shooting something when you try doing it. This will probably confuse you at first.

Using an item through the menu is not supported. You must type out the command. (i.e. /item "Super Revitalizer" <me>)

The timings stored in rnghelper_settings.xml can be optimized based on your geographical location. They are delays applied to the queue after receiving a completion for a specific type of action. You can try tuning them if you like. The other option is to insert an action packet chunk on every outgoing UDP packet.
The downside is that you will not be able to use idle sets doing that. I compared both methods and found that the delay method results in about a 95%~ level of performance compared to the spamming method. I value being able to use idle sets more than a 5% increase in DPS.

If you die, you should use //gs rh clear before accepting a raise or you will start shooting immediately after you raise. This has resulted in a few hilarious wipes.

I recommend that you follow the instructions and start out with some uraganites or whatever to get a feel for how this works. It will probably confuse you at first but once you get used to it, you'll never go back.

You can also try using this on other jobs. It tends to work pretty well for WHM (although it may have some issues with raising people, not sure.)
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-09-21 12:16:05  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
If you die, you should use //gs rh clear before accepting a raise or you will start shooting immediately after you raise. This has resulted in a few hilarious wipes.

I can totally see this happening or people keeping this enabled on Pain Sync and doing a 30k LS with the tank yelling at them

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to provide this, I'll give it a try later when I get home, sounds awesome.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-09-21 13:01:32  
Shiva.Spynx said: »

I can totally see this happening or people keeping this enabled on Pain Sync and doing a 30k LS with the tank yelling at them.

Trust me, it already happens. :(

There's already RA bots out there... and no, people don't have enough sense not to turn them on and run AFK during Fu.

Just play the damned game/job.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-21 13:46:41  
Auto RA tools are for multi boxers, end of story.

Build your preshot sets, get your rhythm down, and play the job.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-21 13:54:37  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Poll how many in game are multibox players then.
I know of only 5 on Leviathan who are soloist
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-09-21 14:05:29  
Disagree, auroRA gives you an edge compared to manual shooting even if you have perfect timing especially if the mob takes forever (e.g. albumen or vini, not like people ever do them non-SMN anyways). AuroRA tools are for everybody, people just need to learn to use them correctly.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-21 14:27:30  
Disagree, auroRA gives you an edge compared to manual shooting even if you have perfect timing especially if the mob takes forever (e.g. albumen or vini, not like people ever do them non-SMN anyways). AuroRA tools are for everybody, people just need to learn to use them correctly.

Couldn't agree more. AutoRA adds something that should have been part of the game to begin with. Imagine how stupid it would be if you needed to /attack every time you wanted to swing on a melee job.
[+]
 Asura.Selindrile
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-09-21 14:49:00  
Three words. Repetitive, Stress, Injury.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-21 14:58:37  
pretty much this, doesn't matter how good you are at manual timing packet jitter will cost you 300ms at least 40% of your shots if you always err on the side of caution, and 1000ms+ on at least 15% of your shots if you try to shoot early and have to retry

on paper, that's 2-5% of your damage lost.. in reality you also have fatigue, bigger errors, and occasional off timing beyond the limits of a focused human

i have yet to see a rng manually shooting come within 10% relative damage of me, and i don't expect i ever will

@cele: just for fun, i'd be more than happy to take you up on a measured challenge.. low level bow and ammo vs uragnite, you manual and i use plugin, count shots for 5 minutes and see how big the difference is in your case.. i'm sure i can exact match your snapshot gear
[+]
By anik 2017-09-21 15:13:53  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i have yet to see a rng manually shooting come within 10% relative damage of me, and i don't expect i ever will
So you would rather pay and not play the game. You did no damage, your plugin did everything. What's the point? Where is the fun?
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-21 15:37:11  
@cele: just for fun, i'd be more than happy to take you up on a measured challenge.. low level bow and ammo vs uragnite, you manual and i use plugin, count shots for 5 minutes and see how big the difference is in your case.. i'm sure i can exact match your snapshot gear

Would love to see the results of this.

anik said: »
So you would rather pay and not play the game. You did no damage, your plugin did everything. What's the point? Where is the fun?

That's a myopic definition of what playing the game entails.

rnghelper doesn't
- Use your job abilities for you
- Use your items for you
- Cast spells for you
- Decide what mobs to fight
- Decide when to engage
- Decide when to disengage
- Position you
- Otherwise make any other tactical decisions

rnghelper may
- Use your weaponskills for you (only if you tell it too)

rnghelper does
- Shoot for you

You are still responsible for the bulk of the decision making. That's the fun and challenging part of the game. Autora relieves the burden of focusing on ranged attack timing and lets you focus more on strategy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-21 15:40:09  

does that make rng more meaningful than dps because they dont have to mash a macro every time their attack delay is up..? are you serious?
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-09-21 15:43:19  

You always complain about anyone using any sort of 3rd party software to do anything in game or ask how it could even be fun for them. Obviously he rather see the gear hes worked for utilized to the max then even with the best human reflexs lose DMG. The game should of had autora built in like attack for melees. Fun for each person is different.

Hell I know for sure some of the 3rd party software/addons weren't made just to get ***done. They were made because it was fun learning a program language or about how packets work for something they enjoy(ffxi). Rather then following some boring *** tutorial on how to make a basic calculator or some bs.

Also surprised you even use this site since you know its data is from multiply 3rd party programs! Also so are parts of BG Wiki if you use that too.

Would love to see the results of this.
Seconded!
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-09-21 16:59:24  
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »

Poll how many in game are multibox players then.
I know of only 5 on Leviathan who are soloist
And I are one of em!
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-09-21 17:02:02  

Couldn't agree more. AutoRA adds something that should have been part of the game to begin with. Imagine how stupid it would be if you needed to /attack every time you wanted to swing on a melee job.
I agree heavily here though, ***shoulda been built in
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-21 17:08:26  
This is a game, you do nothing but hit a button or two. You do nothing in game everything is a function of outside game input to act. Where is the fun in that, Same damn fun as watching an anime pushing a WS macro, or logging off and going out to get a Pint. Everyone takes away what they do from this game and any others. Suggesting that you do not, is not wrong just wrong for assuming everyone should view this as you do. Cele Will get harassed as well for his post in here, and he knows it. That is where my fun is.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-21 17:24:02  
a few things I do feel the need to clarify:

1. Comeatmebro/Thorny is one of the multiboxers I have immense respect for in game. I've directly seen his gearsets for his RNGs as well as have seen his characters in action. Not to mention he's just an all around good dude.

2. I do expect a properly made autoRA plugin to out-perform a manual RNG. I'm no fool, and I've played RNG enough/studied the job enough to know what having to shoot manually costs the job in performance.

-number 2 being said-

3. I would LOVE to do this test! Two Master Fomalhaut RNGs, no Flurry, capped gear Snapshot, no Double Shot active. In terms of actual amount of Snap vs. Rapid, I'm sure we could work something out as well.

Now for why I'm against autoRA in the forms I've seen so far:

1. The autoRA plugins/addons I've seen so far have limited functionality that allow for ease of skillchaining with other players...they typically weaponskill automatically at 1k TP.

2. Hate management. While performing a macro function for every attack can be annoying, it does allow for more refined hate control. Using an autoRA addon eliminates that flexibility.

3. This last one is really a personal vibe that I have more than a complaint. I feel a disconnect with the game using an autoRA plugin that I don't get playing RNG directly- in fact I feel more directly plugged into the game on RNG than I do on other jobs often. Again, this is just a personal thing, and I don't fault others for having a different feel than I do.

So Thorny, hmu in game, let's do this, and post what we get. Maybe we'll post me using an autoRA from that point forward!
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-09-21 19:19:06  
It's super easy to adjust any auto-ra to execute weaponskills and other such behavior only under certain conditions, anyway. This includes weaponskilling every so often (or only when a macro has been pressed to enable something, or if your HP isn't below x%, or if you weren't the last target of the mob's attack, etc., etc.!).

These things aren't released publicly for obvious reasons.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-21 19:24:49  
Pretty surprised, Cele came quite close with manual. Used exact same set:

x/x/Bandit's gun/spartan bullet
taeon chapeau(10) / x / x /x
taeon tabard(10) / carmine+1 / x x
belenus(10) / impulse / adhemar(D) / meg+2

Cele Manual
3164ms average:

Me (personal autora plugin, no reason to believe it's any more or less effective than snap's)
3062ms:

I'm thinking I had some pretty poor rapid shot procs early on, as my delay seemed to drop over time. Getting a longer sample of a manual test is much harder though, with human fatigue. Still, it appears that a fully focused RNG with good timing can come very close(in this case, I would lead by 3.3% attacks over time).
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-21 19:42:47  
We decided to keep the test to without Flurry or Flurry II...the more Rapid Shot that is added into the picture, the more complicated said picture becomes with those fractional procs.

As I thought, a well-made plugin is quite capable of giving great results...results I can't match. But, I am glad to see I was able to come close. In the 3 minute test that was used from our batch of tests, I had one misfire in that time that I do believe also affected my overall performance. In addition, I also believe that in the course of a real 3 minute fight, an actual Ranger will often need to halt their damage for a second or two for emnity or position reasons...meaning that 102ms doesn't mean as much. Just a few thoughts to consider when weighing the two options.

But definitely a fun way to spend a Thursday afternoon!
[+]
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-09-22 05:43:29  
This clears the queue and the target you set.

Code
//gs rh clear

You should macro this for two reasons.

hows do i macro this?

edit: /console gs rh clear worked it out ty tho, going to test it now
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-09-22 06:11:54  
great stuff snaps just a few question, when i set ws up it auto fires to 1000tp then stops and i have to shoot again for the ws to work then it does auto ra but stops again @1k
is that how its suppost to work?
also looks like my preshot isnt swapping in need to investigate more tho on that, seems really good all the same thanks for posting it snaps

edit: check //gs showswaps precast is swaping in just cant see it visually it seems
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
サーバ: Bismarck
user: cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2017-09-22 12:37:37  
You have to set a weaponskill to be used.
//gs rh set "Last Stand" or try disable and enable the ranger helper.

Thank you so much for sharing Snaps. This thing is incredible. Making me fall in love with RNG all over again. Not that I ever fell out of love haha.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-22 13:50:24  
Shiva.Fendarin said: »
great stuff snaps just a few question, when i set ws up it auto fires to 1000tp then stops and i have to shoot again for the ws to work then it does auto ra but stops again @1k
is that how its suppost to work?
also looks like my preshot isnt swapping in need to investigate more tho on that, seems really good all the same thanks for posting it snaps

edit: check //gs showswaps precast is swaping in just cant see it visually it seems

It defaults to Coronach. Unless you are using relic gun or change the WS, then it will halt when it hits 1000 TP. You can change it with the command Cladbolg posted (//gs rh set "Last Stand"). You can also set it to none ("//gs rh set") and manually queue up weaponskills. It will remember what weaponskills you put in and then pop them off as soon as you get TP. You can build up a WS sequence to do self skillchains this way. If you're skillchaining with a partner, you can leave it empty and then hit your WS macro when you're up.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-22 17:07:10  
quick question for Snaps-

is it designed to "only work with a Mote-based lua" simply because you use a Mote-based lua and therefore during design you made it work for you, or are there function-dependent reasons? As a non-Mote user I am curious to at least experiment with an autoRA tool that is competitive, and Thorny is an Ashita user.
By Taint 2017-09-22 17:10:05  
Wouldn't auto RA and WS mess up JA usage?

Do you just toggle it off pop JAs then put it back up?
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-09-22 17:50:09  
yeah just isnt working like that for me when i set //gs rh set "last stand" it gets to 1k and it stops shooting, then if i press shoot again it wil use the ws. would be awesome to be able to queue up ws's, it queues up my ja's just fine if i press midshot what is awesome, if u can help would be great ty

u can leave it on for ja's taint, i used food with it on 2 works just fine

edit: so just tested it again, so when u set //gs rh "last stand"
it gets to 1k still and didnt go off so i then used //gs rh set to cancel it then shoot and it still used last stand, so im guessing its in queue but not using it for what ever reason
First Page 2 3