Blu Tanking

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Blu Tanking
Blu Tanking
By fallingstars 2020-03-28 01:04:04  
no, but i provoked, isnt that enough to classify as a tank?
 Asura.Fujilives
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Fujilives
By Asura.Fujilives 2020-03-28 01:05:52  
Lol, 2005 called and they want their war-sub back. Jeeze. GL capping VE let alone CE.

First you didn't think PUP was the absolute best tank in the game, and the moment you get proved wrong you come back here and try the same rants against blu/geo.
By fallingstars 2020-03-28 01:10:24  
Starting a geo tanking thread. Prove me wrong that geo isnt a good tanking job.
 Asura.Fujilives
By Asura.Fujilives 2020-03-28 01:19:20  
fallingstars said: »
Starting a geo tanking thread. Prove me wrong that geo isnt a good tanking job.
You've got balls, I'll give you that.
By Shichishito 2020-03-28 01:50:38  
Asura.Fujilives said: »
Did you sub geo for the indi-barrier cocoon exploit?
huh?!
By Draylo 2020-03-28 02:37:20  
People keep underestimating BLU in favor of current bandwagons. I kind of like it in that it keeps the bandwagon thumpers away, but also don't because it limits our updates when nobody is asking for them. Still have not seen a post on the OF for updating BLU like it deserves to be.
By fallingstars 2020-03-28 02:48:22  
not underestimating blu at all, i love my blu, i love playing my blu, but it is in no way a main tank job nor should it ever be attempted to be played as one.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-28 03:02:33  
BLU sucks. If it can't tank anything worthwhile no point being addressed as a tank job. The only thing BLU is useful for is Mighty Guard every 5 minutes and that's it. Can't even DPS properly to keep up.

If BLU is being hailed as a "Tank", then that means I'm a tank on my PUP. Both are straight doo doo.
[+]
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-03-28 03:12:24  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-28 05:42:11  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
BLU sucks. If it can't tank anything worthwhile no point being addressed as a tank job. The only thing BLU is useful for is Mighty Guard every 5 minutes and that's it. Can't even DPS properly to keep up.

If BLU is being hailed as a "Tank", then that means I'm a tank on my PUP. Both are straight doo doo.

I think Shiraj is very bored those days because of pandemic keeping him in home and he jumps between thread fishing with the most obvious baits possible.

I have a suggestion for you Shiraj. Just make a mule and do Lu Shang quest manually. That should satisfy your fisherman ambitions.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-28 06:36:52  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
BLU Tanking Idle
ItemSet 371984

Tuisto Earring instead of NQ Odnowa in this set and instead of HQ Odnowa in different sets.

I also think SU5 offhand is better, because of HP and MP and blu skill is nice too.

MEva +674(Jesus...)
RUN's absolute highest MEva from only gear is 724 and requires Aettir Aug. Just as an FYI, not saying BLU could catch it, just saying it's clearly in the same range enough to reliably resist things.

RUN is getting 34 more meva from gifts too (but I guess BLU is getting 36 meva from his unique trait) and meva from runes (especially if you only want to resist one element) is massive. BLU is probably among top highest meva jobs in game from just gear and native meva, but it's still significantly behind 3x Rune RUN against single element and run can use Pflug too for even more non meva based resists.
Still BLU's meva is really high

--== fun fact start ==--
PLD who is commonly being bullied for having shitty meva has a set with

+726 meva (its not even maxed out meva set)
+934~989 HP
50% PDT (68% with Burtgang)
32% MDT (without shell)

So I'm asking how it is a shitty meva if +674 got a "Jesus(...)" comment :)
--== fun fact end ==--

Not necessarily because DPS damage is all VE.

Since when? DPS was always CE and VE. That's why when you cap hate on DD you have a problem, because you have no way to lose CE other than being smacked to the face

Hate Tools
Jettatura (1020VE/180CE) -4
Temporal Shift (1020VE/180CE) -5
Fantod (320VE/320CE) -1

You are missing one of the best spells for hate here, which is Exuviation (640VE/640CE and self target)

There is also several spells on bg wiki with unknown hate values. It would be cool to know them.

To put it into perspective, RUN has Valiance, a decent enmity set hitting 5-6 people is over 12000 Volatile Enmity right off the bat. That's where BLU falls short

You kinda can do a weaker version of that on BLU, but on 10 min cooldown and you lose the ability to Mighty Guard party members.

Diffusion Exuviation on full party would be 3840VE and 3840CE.

That being said Mighty Guard also has unknown VE/CE values. Maybe it's actually around Exuviation values.

EDIT:

Also BLU SIRD set would need to be high HP too if it's for tanking and generally the one you posted is kinda shitty (non ilvl feet :O) and outdated. I would suggest something like this:

ItemSet 365920

It has 99% sird (so easy cap with merits), +1067 HP, 30%PDT, 18% MDT
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-03-28 08:01:00  
SimonSes said: »
BLU Tanking Idle
ItemSet 371984

Tuisto Earring instead of NQ Odnowa in this set and instead of HQ Odnowa in different sets.

I also think SU5 offhand is better, because of HP and MP and blu skill is nice too.

Mafic Cudgel, Nibiru Blade(path C or D), and even Genmei shield are also (cheap/free) options.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-28 09:34:12  
uisto Earring instead of NQ Odnowa in this set and instead of HQ Odnowa in different sets.

Good call. Fixed. I was looking for any sort of sword with +Enmity on it and the only thing that popped to mind was Colada. Colada is definitely still a great sword but Zomorro has great strengths to it as well that'll help, I agree.

--== fun fact start ==--
PLD who is commonly being bullied for having shitty meva has a set with

+726 meva (its not even maxed out meva set)
+934~989 HP
50% PDT (68% with Burtgang)
32% MDT (without shell)

So I'm asking how it is a shitty meva if +674 got a "Jesus(...)" comment :)
--== fun fact end ==--

It was mostly a comment of just how much Meva is packed into that single set is all. Considerably more than sets that are known for Meva, such as Turms or Kendatsuba.

I knew WAR/PLD could get Meva but had no idea it could be that high, I have this odd feeling though that you'd have to scour the globe to make it though? Where's the set? I'd love to pull it together for my PLD and WAR as long as it's not riddled with Volte.

You are missing one of the best spells for hate here, which is Exuviation (640VE/640CE and self target)

Good call. I was sticking to the aforementioned guide, I figured there simply might not have been a need for Exuviation along with everything else? But you're right. There's also White Wind with a possibility for creating large stores of Enmity?

Great input, thank you. I only wanted to bring it up for talk lol, no idea where there animosity is coming from.
By Draylo 2020-03-28 09:38:03  
It's coming from bored people, people who underestimate BLU or just haters. BLU is the best job to grace FFXI, we need to update it.
By SimonSes 2020-03-28 09:52:45  
Where's the set? I'd love to pull it together for my PLD and WAR as long as it's not riddled with Volte.

I recently made it and posted in some thread but forgot which.

ItemSet 371361

It is volte based, but at this point Volte farming is not that hard beside body (body only comes from Wave 2 boss, which sucks). I 4box all Windurst wave2 NMs with 20-40 min spare time. Mischief trioboxed it easy too with helixes (you could probably easily kill several commanders solo on some jobs like SCH, BLU, RDM etc. as long as you would have 2 ppl helping you get in).
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-28 10:26:42  
It is volte based, but at this point Volte farming is not that hard beside body (body only comes from Wave 2 boss, which sucks). I 4box all Windurst wave2 NMs with 20-40 min spare time. Mischief trioboxed it easy too with helixes (you could probably easily kill several commanders solo on some jobs like SCH, BLU, RDM etc. as long as you would have 2 ppl helping you get in).

Really? Well ***if it's that easy, I'll grab my alts and go do that then.
By SimonSes 2020-03-28 12:19:03  
Really? Well ***if it's that easy, I'll grab my alts and go do that then.

You just need to kill or sack 3 statues on the way to Wave 1 boss. Killing wave 1 boss is easy. Just let trusts tank debuff it and use helix and/or leaden salute to kill it. Then you need to sack/kill 3 statues total to have access to 9 out of 11 Commanders. Every red statue in Windurst pop only 1 commander too (in other cities some pop two, which might be harder to manage).
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-28 12:27:22  
I think Shiraj is very bored those days
You right. I'm so bored that I made 2 mules just to keep myself semi-occupied.

I just love getting the baits from people who don't understand how much I troll.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-28 13:11:06  
I think Shiraj is very bored those days
You right. I'm so bored that I made 2 mules just to keep myself semi-occupied.

I just love getting the baits from people who don't understand how much I troll.

Yeah I had a feeling that was a troll attempt, doubts in BLU-Tanking aside, that was an unusually emotional response lol.
 Lakshmi.Arcaniz
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Arcaniz
By Lakshmi.Arcaniz 2020-03-28 13:15:19  
BLU Tanking Enmity

Credit to Oraen and Kuroganashi for the core of this Enmity set.
Had to swap Odnowa and Gelatinous so as to not bounce HP too much. For serious tanking, HP is critical and you still have lots of Enmity to work with.
HP +914, Enmity +69(Giggity) Or +73 if you opt for the Rosmerta Cape.
This is what I use for pure ennmity:

ItemSet 372003
[+]
 Asura.Fujilives
By Asura.Fujilives 2020-03-29 13:17:32  
BLU with Barrier is so ridiculously good (even without the exploit) you can use it on GEO as GEO/BLU and supertank with absolute ease.

Honestly, GEO/BLU is BY-FAR the best SUPERTANK in the game, second only to BLU/GEO (and, in certain situations, MAX-HP DRK)

Still though, GEO/BLU with Idrids is the best -Hands down-

Ragnarok.Soyven
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-03-29 14:49:19  
BLU with Barrier is so ridiculously good (even without the exploit) you can use it on GEO as GEO/BLU and supertank with absolute ease.

Honestly, GEO/BLU is BY-FAR the best SUPERTANK in the game, second only to BLU/GEO (and, in certain situations, MAX-HP DRK)

Soundtrack is epic
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [956 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Xax
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Xax 2022-11-10 14:55:59  
Has anyone messed around with this more now that /run has foil? Been having fun tanking alot of stuff as Blu/run and learning what works and what to change so this seems like a pretty potent update assuming we get full use out of foil
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-10 15:08:21  

(Video)
What's going on in that video? Is it just Barrier and Wilt or is there a bit more to it than that?
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 16:23:37  
Phoenix.Xax said: »
Has anyone messed around with this more now that /run has foil? Been having fun tanking alot of stuff as Blu/run and learning what works and what to change so this seems like a pretty potent update assuming we get full use out of foil

Blu has better native spells than Foil, so I don't think that would change anything.
By Chimerawizard 2022-11-10 18:41:49  
stop crit'ing me!
ItemSet 382236
my cape is AGI+/EVA+++
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-01-12 14:15:30  
I'm playing w/ this idea again.
The reasons I would want /run for blu tanking have more to do w/ magic defense bonus trait, inquartata, barspells and valliance...

/Rdm still has 1 tempting thing, that is phalanx

I think Malignance Eva/Counter/Parry build is probably a good way to go defensively for crowds... Blu also has just incredible crowd control spells as well.

I'm thinking Dynamis would be a good testing ground for crowd control tanking in group.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-01-12 21:37:58  
If you're tanking, Barrier tusk would be superior to Phalanx anyway. Phalanx is stronger against weaker hits, so if you're pulling tons of smaller mobs then for sure and evasion set w/ sub Rdm would be the choice.