Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 98 99 100
By fonewear 2017-10-03 09:36:17  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I didn't bold the part about kids being dumb.
I just think that sentiment is inevitable as one gets older and more out of touch and it's naive to believe their stupidity would have any real effect.

I'm been out of my element since I was about 15. Why would I get back in my element ?
By fonewear 2017-10-03 09:37:40  
If I had any common sense why would I be on this forum to begin with ?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-03 09:38:14  
This is like the people in the mental hospital trying to figure out who is the craziest...pointless but fun !
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-03 09:48:25  
Trying to figure out what exactly they want to ban now? The dude was already breaking a bunch of laws and, as far as we know, didn't have any negative history.

On the whole "mental health" issue, we don't ~ever~ want that kind of draconian power in the hands of the government. This is because what normal people term "mental health" and what government people term "mental health" are two radically different things. Nearly every person in the USA has a mental health history, if you've ever seen a doctor, for any reason, then you have a mental health history. Furthermore many people deal with short term issues like depression, anxiety, insomnia, and various emotional problems as a result of trauma or other major life events. Family members die, you lose your job, have a break up, get a divorce, and so forth. These are all short term issues that are typically resolved in a few months to a year.

No reasonable person will say "your father just died so we are confiscating all your firearms and placing a lifetime ban on your 2nd Amendment rights". Yet that is exactly what the government means, it's happening in California and several liberal states right now. Many of them have mandatory reporting rules that require doctors to report to the state when a patient is in possession of firearms, and the results is the police coming back and confiscating them and the owner needs to pay a lawyer to go fight in front of a judge to get the judge to order them returned. Then when they go to the police department they are told the firearms have already been destroyed.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-03 10:12:09  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Trying to figure out what exactly they want to ban now? The dude was already breaking a bunch of laws and, as far as we know, didn't have any negative history.

He was on the FBI's radar, but I suspect that may have been because his father was a pretty prolific offender himself. He himself had no significant history to speak of, but maybe he was just a better criminal than his dad?

But yeah. All conjecture, ifs, and buts.

I'm just happy to make it home every day. All other problems are temporary.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-03 10:16:50  
Ramyrez said: »
He himself had no significant history to speak of, but maybe he was just a better criminal than his dad?

He was a retired accountant who owned a lot of property and was quite wealthy.

And technically speaking I'm on the FBI's radar, my previous employment was related to defense which automatically puts me on a bunch of lists. This is kind of a good thing actually, means I pass background inspections in half the time because they already have my all my info readily available.

This is just one of those times when a person decides they want to go out with a bang, and right now highly publicized death dealing is the biggest bang to go out with.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-03 10:18:03  
In the very least we should allocate a lot more funding towards support for maintaining good mental health Saevel.
That I will agree with. As long as the solution isn't to medicate the *** out of patients to the point that Jack Nicholson is the sane one.

Hell, if funding for mental wards would prevent one mass shooting a year, that's more than worth it.

But we already have an opioid crisis going on now. Let's not create another medicinal-related crisis on top of that.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-03 10:18:24  
...............................***
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-03 10:23:31  
He himself had no significant history to speak of, but maybe he was just a better criminal than his dad?

And technically speaking I'm on the FBI's radar, my previous employment was related to defense which automatically puts me on a bunch of lists. This is kind of a good thing actually, means I pass background inspections in half the time because they already have my all my info readily available.

This is just one of those times when a person decides they want to go out with a bang, and right now highly publicized death dealing is the biggest bang to go out with.

Fair enough.

I've got to be on about 25 lists myself between work, associations, and licenses.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-03 10:28:37  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
In the very least we should allocate a lot more funding towards support for maintaining good mental health Saevel.
But we already have an opioid crisis going on now. Let's not create another medicinal-related crisis on top of that.

We already have one. It's just talked about in cheeky fashions on social media.

You want an example?

Find all the jokes and memes about a glass of wine and a Xanax shared by the mommies of Facebook.

(I'll help. Google Image search for "Xanax and wine" Yields ONE warning and like 39 funny pictures in the first handful of results.

I do very, very little scolding on Facebook. I don't have the patience to break and then mend fences with friends and family over petty political and religious issues.

I will correct people about that issue 10 times out of 10 though. Xanax and alcohol is far, far more dangerous than seems to be believed by people in general and the last thing I need is to attend a friend's funeral over ill-advised stress relief.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-03 10:31:33  
fonewear said: »
If I had any common sense why would I be on this forum to begin with ?
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-03 10:33:15  
Hydrocodone + Alcohol is the fatal mix. Xanax and wine is grandmas sleeping tonic.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-10-03 10:42:46  
Viciouss said: »
Speaking of which I think it's time Vic changes his avatar. Cubs aren't going to win the WS this year !
Dream on. Back to back.
If I'm not mistaken the Yankees were the last team to do that.
More recently than my childhood?

(I haven't followed baseball since the dodgers moved out of Ebbets Field.)
By Ramyrez 2017-10-03 10:45:48  
Zerowone said: »
Hydrocodone + Alcohol is the fatal mix. Xanax and wine is grandmas sleeping tonic.

You are not helping.

[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-03 10:46:54  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Viciouss said: »
Speaking of which I think it's time Vic changes his avatar. Cubs aren't going to win the WS this year !
Dream on. Back to back.
If I'm not mistaken the Yankees were the last team to do that.
More recently than my childhood?

(I haven't followed baseball since the dodgers moved out of Ebbets Field.)

Yankees last won back to back in 2000 and 1999. So it doesn't happen to often.
By fonewear 2017-10-03 10:48:22  
No matter what the sport winning back to back is tough. That is why when the Penguins did it I was pretty happy. Cause I may never see that again. That is hockey btw in case you don't follow hockey.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-03 10:51:20  
Helping with what?

I've already attended the related funerals. My sensibility is far beyond gone on the subject. When inclined, man is a self-destructive creature that romanticizes said tendencies with wax poetics and glamorized pageantry.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-03 11:05:52  
No matter what the sport winning back to back is tough.
Tell that to the Lakers.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-03 11:06:32  
And if you really want to get technical, the Celtics too.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-03 11:08:53  
And don't forget the Heat.

Or the Bulls.

Or the Rockets.

Hell, even the Pistons won back-to-back championships before. The Pistons for crying out loud!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-03 11:21:30  
No matter what the sport winning back to back is tough. That is why when the Penguins did it I was pretty happy. Cause I may never see that again. That is hockey btw in case you don't follow hockey.

THREEPEAT. DO IT.

Wait. No. Wrong Penguin. ***.

[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-03 11:22:12  
Helping with what?

I've already attended the related funerals. My sensibility is far beyond gone on the subject. When inclined, man is a self-destructive creature that romanticizes said tendencies with wax poetics and glamorized pageantry.

I don't like what you're implying.

*pours scotch*

*sips*

Not at all.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-03 11:29:24  
Helping with what?

I don't like what you're implying.

*pours scotch*

*sips*

Not at all.

Care for a Norco to go with that Scotch?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-03 12:00:49  

Yeah man your ***, they'll be at your door any minute to "protect" our society.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-10-03 12:06:57  

[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-03 12:12:03  

Pass.

I'm actually one of those people who doesn't respond well to opioids. They make me ill and don't provide much more pain relief than a handful of ibuprofen.

Which sounds nice in theory until you're in mind-blowing pain and your choice is "be in mind-blowing pain" or "be in mind-blowing pain and vomiting."
By Zerowone 2017-10-03 12:21:18  

Pass.

I'm actually one of those people who doesn't respond well to opioids. They make me ill and don't provide much more pain relief than a handful of ibuprofen.

Which sounds nice in theory until you're in mind-blowing pain and your choice is "be in mind-blowing pain" or "be in mind-blowing pain and vomiting."

They got a drug to take care of that vomiting.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 98 99 100