Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 98 99 100
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 12:57:41  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
fonewear said: »
Could this be the end of Trump ?

thanks to liberal historians we're going to be hearing about the dark days of trump for a lot longer than anyone could have imagined....

if you facts I don't like long enough it becomes fake history
Tbf, I always wanted to live out a Drunk History story in real time.
By Nausi 2017-10-09 13:05:23  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Nausi said: »
Zerowone said: »
Could this be the end of Trump ? According to the latest USA Today poll 99% of Americans say yes. Please note this is not a scientific poll it is just for novelty purposes only.
Indeed, like bump stocks or giant inflatable penises.

Quote:
"I respect Vice President Mike Pence's right to protest, but I don't think a football game is the appropriate place for him to flaunt his politics."
---Baratunde Thurston

According to this liberal, flaunting politics at football games is only allowed for liberals. When Pence does it, it's a publicity stunt.

The left really is this clueless folks. They have been so insulated, for so long, that they just have no grasp on reality. They have no idea what "push back" looks like.
I'll help you out, fam.

The point was hypocrisy. You see, Trump is against the kneeling which is a protest. In response, Trump praises Pence for leaving in protest.

Trump has condemned one group for protesting at a football game while praising Pence for protesting at a football game.

You are welcome, sir.

Trump doesn't condemn the concept of "protest". He condemns the manner in which the protest is being done (being disrespectful to the flag during the national anthem).

Libs are making up this new narrative (Trump hates the 1st amendment) as they go. More power to them, I'm sure no one will question it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-09 13:06:12  
I always wanted to be a real girlboy

then go ask the blue fairy, pinocchio....
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-09 13:35:31  
I'd protest too if I was a 49ers cause they haven't won a game yet !
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-09 13:37:26  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Civil Asset Forfeiture enables them to take anything they want without due process because while you have constitutionally protected rights, your property doesn't have those same rights.
Which is used mainly to battle illegal activities (mostly). Yes, it is subject to abuse, and yes, innocent people get caught up all the time, but it's not used in a tyrannical sense. You need to prove that the government is using this legal tactic in a tyrannical sense before you can prove that the government is being tyrannical period.

Local Police departments are using it to shore up funding. There is an *** ton of documented cases on this and it's a concept made specifically to bypass constitutional protections.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._$124,700_in_U.S._Currency

Quote:
United States v. $124,700 in U.S. Currency

See they couldn't prosecute the driver, so instead they prosecuted the money and since objects don't have a constitutional right to due process, it's very difficult to fight against. What makes this tactic so abusive is that the police department keeps the case or proceeds of sales.

http://www.ij.org/images/pdf_folder/other_pubs/assetforfeituretoemail.pdf

So while they can't arbitrarily put you in jail, they can seize your car, your house, your money, and any personal property they desire as long as they (police department) can explain in the most tenuous of terms that it might of been involved in some crime they don't know about yet.

Ex:
On Tuesday you gave a ride to your friend, later on Wednesday the police seize your vehicle, auction it off and keep the money. Their reasoning is that your vehicle might of been used to transport illegal drugs. They don't need to prove it, they don't even need evidence indicating that your friend was in possession of some form of illegal substance, they only need to have a suspicion they were.

It's the lack of due process that is the problem, and it goes to prove what will happen if there isn't a strong Constitution to protect people's rights.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-09 14:01:13  
And another one

Original case

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/4244829/united-states-v-seventeen-thousand-nine-hundred-dollars-1790000-in/

The appeal where they won

https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/0/ACFD8690B39131BC85258145004EA36A/$file/16-5284-1680326.pdf

What it comes down to is that the assumption that all cash and private property is for illegal drugs is not constitutional. The first court judge (which is all CAF cases usually get) decided that because nobody carries large amounts of cash, that it must therefor be for illicit purposes. There was no actual illicit purpose given, just that the police believed that because it's cash it must be from an undiscovered drug sale. The appeal court disagreed and specifically said that a judge can't make such an assumption and that only jury's can determine the quality of evidence presented. They remanded the case and said that the couples explanation is still perfectly viable and can't be dismissed or ignored.

What usually happens is the government offers to split the difference in the form of a settlement instead of waiting years for the final court verdict to give all the money back.

This practice is evil, due process should never, under any circumstance, be dismissed or bypassed.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-09 14:33:38  
and that's important information on ffxiah rpr because all of us underwear supermodels like to drive around with 125,000.00 in cash AT LEAST at all times...

you never know when you may run into a sweet deal on a yacht...or you need to make it rain hurricane at teh club....

what if floyd mayweather jr is there and you want to make him look like a punk *** ***
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 14:43:07  
what if floyd mayweather jr is there and you want to make him look like a punk *** ***
With $125,000?
By Zerowone 2017-10-09 14:44:33  
With $125,000?

Le'Wooooooooooosh.
By fonewear 2017-10-09 14:46:56  
and that's important information on ffxiah rpr because all of us underwear supermodels like to drive around with 125,000.00 in cash AT LEAST at all times...

you never know when you may run into a sweet deal on a yacht...or you need to make it rain hurricane at teh club....

[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-09 14:48:36  
I'm going to be Hunter S Thompason for Halloween. Just need 3 lines of coke and some sunglasses.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-09 14:48:50  
With $125,000?

You can't even buy yachts with 125k. If you ain't dropping 100,000,000 on a boat we ain't friends.
By fonewear 2017-10-09 14:49:02  
Thompson *
By Zerowone 2017-10-09 14:50:17  
I'm going to be Hunter S Thompason for Halloween. Just need 3 lines of coke and some sunglasses.

That will would be the equivalent of 30mins of Hunter S Thompson. You're going to need a lot more coke.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-09 14:51:06  

That will would be the equivalent of 30mins of Hunter S Thompson. You're going to need a lot more coke.

Just long enough to get some mini snickers !
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-09 14:54:23  
http://sarasotayacht.com/co-brokerage-used-yachts-for-sale-1000000-5000000/

Here you go Niko. I don't think they're offering 0%APR for 72mo like Checy though.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 14:55:43  

You need two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-09 14:56:38  

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-09 14:57:08  

You need two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.

That's just what's for breakfast.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-10-09 18:47:30  

By fonewear 2017-10-09 18:48:24  

That's just what's for breakfast.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-10-09 18:58:54  
Ah, the age of ridiculous camera angles and unnecessary close-ups. What age are we in now, the age of far-too-frequent jump cuts?
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-09 23:03:01  
eslim said: »
any world leaders play(ed) ffxi ?
Putin does.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-10 07:51:28  
Went away for a long weekend and the gun control debate still not solved by FFXIAH.

Sadness.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 98 99 100