users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 424 425 426
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-10 13:07:43  
SMN is being used less because SE is deliberately designing content to reduce the power of AFAC, that doesn't change anything for the remaining 20 jobs that are more preferred then MNK. The moment we see large numbers of players bandwagoning MNK builds, then we can say MNK isn't crap.
[+]
By Zeota 2019-03-10 14:08:19  
Tonberries.... Unghhhhhh *** those little green ***!
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-03-10 14:18:33  
Asura.Saevel said: »
The moment we see large numbers of players bandwagoning MNK builds, then we can say MNK isn't crap.

Waiting for Ejin to post his "Kaja Knuckles are OP!" video...
[+]
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-10 14:42:58  
DirectX said: »
Asura.Frod said: »
However, a minimally supported SMN will easily top the parse on wave 3 bosses in all four dynamis zones.
More than RNG or COR?

As the minimally supported COR and RNG in his group, no.
By Treizekordero 2019-03-10 14:46:20  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Waiting for Ejin to post his "Kaja Knuckles are OP for DNC!" video...

Fix'd
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-10 16:01:55  
The moment we see large numbers of players bandwagoning MNK builds, then we can say MNK isn't crap.

I'm curious on those, AF is kind of a ***WS but +50% damage on it might make it the "best" at 1K /shrug.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-10 16:17:15  
However, a minimally supported SMN will easily top the parse on wave 3 bosses in all four dynamis zones.
More than RNG or COR?

Easily. SMN is at a sweet spot with those bosses where any buff/debuff they benefit from will produce large swings in flaming crush damage. a DNC debuffing, a melee doing armor break, geo mdef/def down, cor rolls, or crimson howl and ifrit is producing pact damage at 50k-99k. Stack a couple and i'm hard capped every pact, including during a conduit.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-03-10 16:42:27  
More than RNG or COR?

Easily. SMN is at a sweet spot with those bosses where any buff/debuff they benefit from will produce large swings in flaming crush damage. a DNC debuffing, a melee doing armor break, geo mdef/def down, cor rolls, or crimson howl and ifrit is producing pact damage at 50k-99k. Stack a couple and i'm hard capped every pact, including during a conduit.

My COR (and most Death Penalty well equipped CORs) are capping dmg at every WS, usually closing a skillchain when possible for a second capped dmg. No 50k-99k variance. Just straight 99ks.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-10 16:48:43  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
More than RNG or COR?

My COR (and most Death Penalty well equipped CORs) are capping dmg at every WS, usually closing a skillchain when possible for a second capped dmg. No 50k-99k variance. Just straight 99ks.

that's what i said, stack a couple buff/debuffs and i'm hard capped, including during a conduit.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-10 17:27:29  
More than RNG or COR?

The issue with Wave3 MB's is that repeated use of a single WS will generate resistance to that WS, this includes Leaden Salute, Flaming Crush, Upheaval, any and all of them. We witnessed this ourselves when we had two super DP COR's firing Leaden's, they ended up walking all over each other. One would get a big number and the other would get a nerfed value, I guess this is SE's way of encouraging us to use multiple jobs. So before the run we diversify the group with everyone use's different WS's on the Wave3 MB, works amazingly well.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-03-10 17:59:33  
More than RNG or COR?

The issue with Wave3 MB's is that repeated use of a single WS will generate resistance to that WS, this includes Leaden Salute, Flaming Crush, Upheaval, any and all of them. We witnessed this ourselves when we had two super DP COR's firing Leaden's, they ended up walking all over each other. One would get a big number and the other would get a nerfed value, I guess this is SE's way of encouraging us to use multiple jobs. So before the run we diversify the group with everyone use's different WS's on the Wave3 MB, works amazingly well.

no doubt there, one of the reasons even in a mixed melee setup when I'm on COR, I'll still whip out the armageddon and start closing Leaden Salute Darknesses with Wildfire for double darknesses. Great white damage and surprisingly good WS/SC when you start seeing that resist.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-10 18:40:56  
What did the MNKs use?
Their mog house to change jobs to something useful.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-10 20:39:34  
More than RNG or COR?

no doubt there, one of the reasons even in a mixed melee setup when I'm on COR, I'll still whip out the armageddon and start closing Leaden Salute Darknesses with Wildfire for double darknesses. Great white damage and surprisingly good WS/SC when you start seeing that resist.

It seems to be similar to the damage wall with BLM nukes on NM's, except it happens much faster and wears off in like 3 seconds. We don't even bother doing SC's as we have four full DD's and two COR's going ham all at once. Double BRD rotation with 3 GEO's sorting bubbles means everyone is pretty much running full blast.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-03-10 21:01:22  
How is it being a SMN one trick? Asking for a MNK friend.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-03-10 22:53:11  

3 WAR all using Kaja Knuckles with MS and Asura Fists on Vinipata, how can you tell me that won't be OP!? You're just lucky I could only make 3 weapons last month or I'd so have done this already.

The polearm is actually kinda game changing for SAM and WAR too. Reso WAR is being way too over hyped atm; outside of Warcry and MS Great Sword is straight up garbage when it's down compared to other options now.
[+]
By Afania 2019-03-10 23:41:37  
Vini parse between judgement war and asuran fist war go.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-10 23:45:38  
Yeah it's been forever since I've used GS by itself. R15 Chango has been my default go-to weapon unless I'm messing with stuff. Polearm turned out WAY better then I thought it would.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-03-11 00:03:35  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Faster kills dont always equate to easier and safer wins.

Yes they do, it's why everyone use's SMN's and why using MNK's is a sideshow for those bored. NM's have a floor on how fast they can use TP moves regardless of TP feed, that floor is incredibly easy to reach.

Then you have never been in a real party designed to use MNK properly. Theres a reason why nin tank mnk DD is the safest way to clear omen+ fights.

Checks current meta, see's MNK still as the least desired job in the entire game.

Your statement is factually incorrect and your opinion is moot.

YouTube Video Placeholder

The underdog MNK brigade couldn't stay in their thread anymore and have infested the rest of the forums.

MNK has the single highest sustained DPS out of any job due to its white damage and recent buffs to its acc boosting its WS damage and impetus severely, as well as feeds the least TP out of all jobs.

Fact of the matter is MNK is perfectly fine. Least desired by who? People that want to throw bodies at mobs then get confused why they died in 2 seconds when the mob spams TP and OHKOs the party? "That guy didnt have a rema reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thats why we died reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". No, you just threw bodies at it and tried to 2hr spam a mob with squishies.
 Odin.Willster
サーバ: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2019-03-11 00:14:09  
It's like people don't switch to dt gear during tp moves
[+]
 Asura.Zanosan
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-11 06:31:26  
MNK has the single highest sustained DPS out of any job due to its white damage and recent buffs to its acc boosting its WS damage and impetus severely, as well as feeds the least TP out of all jobs.

No
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 07:39:20  
Asura.Zanosan said: »

No

I agree, but i also wonder whats the reality here. During impetus MNK has 8100 DPS. Decimation build on WAR that suppose to be almost as good as Chango r15 has 7200 dps. According to Austar R0 SAM was around 8000 i think. BLU is at 8200 with tizona/tpbonus. Where is DRK and other WAR builds I have no idea.
 Asura.Zanosan
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-11 08:31:04  
SimonSes said: »

No

I agree, but i also wonder whats the reality here. During impetus MNK has 8100 DPS. Decimation build on WAR that suppose to be almost as good as Chango r15 has 7200 dps. According to Austar R0 SAM was around 8000 i think. BLU is at 8200 with tizona/tpbonus. Where is DRK and other WAR builds I have no idea.

Stop
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 08:38:06  

No

Stop

No
 Asura.Zanosan
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-11 08:52:03  

No

Stop

No
Ok
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-03-11 14:18:27  

No

Yes. MNK has the single highest sustained DPS out of any job in the entire game. Only reason you ever see other jobs is because they have higher spike damage and zerg potential. WAR during 2hr and WAR outside 2hr are two different things, and 2hrs arent sustained DPS.
By Afania 2019-03-11 14:26:33  
Tiz/TP bonus blu is just as "sustained" as mnk, and they do have higher theorycrafted dps.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-03-11 14:39:00  
Pangu/TB bonus Bst has got to be the highest sustained damage. because I want to rumble up this argument even more!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-11 14:50:21  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Pangu/TB bonus Bst has got to be the highest sustained damage. because I want to rumble up this argument even more!

Croc RDM with enspells owns everyone else in melee DPS.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 424 425 426