フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 408 409 410
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-30 12:55:25  
From a BRD's point of view, the utility of Troub's 5/5 is mainly to land stuff on mobs where you wouldn't otherwise be able to reliably land it. Albumen and Vinipata come to mind.

Other than that, or some similar content that's currently slipping my mind, you could totally survive with just 1/5 Troubadour.
Likewise the purpose of Nightingale is making Troubadour sustainable (otherwise the additional casting time would make it impossible to pt-swap and apply 5 songs to 2 pts).
If you have capped 80%+ FC in precast, then even 1/5 Nightingale would be fine if you ask me.

The big problem here, that you probably already grasped, is the additional duration to these JAs granted by the JSE in conjuction with the number of merits you have.
We're talking about 20 seconds bonus vs 4 seconds bonus.
You want these 2 JAs to last the same amount of time, and those 20 additional seconds are sorta necessary if you have to buff 3 different pts with 5 songs, but even 3 pts with just 4 songs.

If you only have to buff 2 pts, or 1 even, it's less necessary I guess.
Basically the more songs you have to cast, the more "useful" borderline "necessary" those additional 20 seconds are.
They help for landing double duration debuff songs on enemies.
They also help cover for mistakes, people failing at inviting or configuring autoinvite, your keyboard/gamepad batteries running out at the worst moment, stuff like that. It's an additional layer of security that helps not *** things up when bad stuff happens.

So... yeah.
It's basically a very painful choice to do, works better the less songs you have to cast.
Good luck doing that when you have to do 3x pts with 5 songs >_>

Really wish for SE to fix that when the BRD patch arrives, but don't really wanna get my hopes up for nothing.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-30 13:03:41  
There might be hope with the mentioning of "removing spells from the merit categories" as a general policy. Your rundown of dirge does have me wondering, but as you mention, the lack of matching duration timers for Ni-Tro is a QoL pain.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-30 13:15:28  
Honestly, I have no trouble doing 2 parties even at 60 seconds, and if soul voice + 3 parties are involved, random deal is usually available too. If no soul voice, just chill in tank party and recast if needed. No big deal.

The bigger issue is that you can't count on your spells to actually ****ing go off when you're in dynamis or other instanced areas. Sometimes I have to burn random deal just to completely buff 2 parties in dynamis. If they'd fix their instance issues, I probably wouldn't even bother taking dirge merits out when unneeded and would just stick to 1 troub, 4 night, 5 dirge.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-30 13:38:57  
Asura.Sechs said: »
From a BRD's point of view, the utility of Troub's 5/5 is mainly to land stuff on mobs where you wouldn't otherwise be able to reliably land it. Albumen and Vinipata come to mind.

That is what Elemental Seal is for.

We're talking about 20 seconds bonus vs 4 seconds bonus.
You want these 2 JAs to last the same amount of time, and those 20 additional seconds are sorta necessary if you have to buff 3 different pts with 5 songs, but even 3 pts with just 4 songs.

It's 2 parties with 4 songs each, maybe 5 at a stretch. This is completely doable within a 64s window as each song is instantly cast with a 3s gap. Nightinggale 5/5 makes every song instantly cast so the only delay is the 3s global timer, give them 3.5s per song.

Pop CC and have all five base songs on first party,
TN
Song 1~5 Party 1 = 17.5 seconds
Drop PT, Invite into second PT <<< THIS IS WHERE PROBLEMS HAPPEN CAUSE PPL SUCK

Song 1~3 Party 2 = 10.5 seconds
Song 4~5PH Party 2 = 7 seconds
Song 4~5 Party 2 = 7 seconds

Total time is 42 seconds giving you 22s to figure out how to change parties and remembering which buttons to press.

The biggest issues I always see with bard swaps is people not making macros and trying to do stuff through a menu. Autoinvite / Autojoin makes this stupid easy.

/ma <Song 1> <me>
/ma <Song 2> <me>
/ma <Song 3> <me>
/ma <Song 4> <me>
/ma <Song 5> <me>

/pcmd leave
/t <leader 2> invite

/ma <Song 1> <me>
/ma <Song 2> <me>
/ma <Song 3> <me>
/ma <Song 4 PH> <me>
/ma <Song 5 PH> <me>
/ma <Song 4> <me>
/ma <Song 5> <me>

A note on dynamis since someone mentioned it earlier and we do a lot of that. The key in there is to use various magical tools and hide players / NPCs except the party leaders. This makes song singing much faster with significantly less lag. Also trust your macros (you made those right) and count 3 seconds after each press before pressing the next one. Use Partybuffs and see the song icons appear on everyone to keep track.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-30 13:57:04  
Asura.Saevel said: »

That is what Elemental Seal is for.
It's not the same.
First: EleSeal can be used in addition to NiTro, it's not one or the other.
Second: EleSeal is a single cast. If for any chance one target remains out of your AoE at the very last second, good luck.
Third: EleSeal grants much less macc than 5/5 Troub.

Gear these days is much better so I'm not sure if it's still an issue, but back when Albumen was still hot I'm sure you can find testimony from many other BRDs saying that EleSeal was producing with a noticeable rate some resist, where Albumen adds would wake up earlier than expected.
That never happened not even a single time with Troubadour.
(Troubadour grants 2x Duration as well btw, EleSeal does not)

I'm not saying EleSeal is completely unviable, I've been messing with it for a bit and I'm sure with nowadays' gear the resist rate would be better, but anything that's above 0% would still give me a feeling of unease, personally.

Edit:
I'm talking mostly from the Mage setup, where Albumen fights lasted a loooong time.
With Melee setup I guess it's not a big deal, unless something goes wrong (and you wipe if it does lol) then the fight is pretty fast so meh, not a big deal I guess.

Quote:
It's 2 parties with 4 songs each, maybe 5 at a stretch. This is completely doable within a 64s window as each song is instantly cast with a 3s gap. Nightinggale 5/5 makes every song instantly cast so the only delay is the 3s global timer, give them 3.5s per song.
I'm a fan of Dirge don't get me wrong.
I'm just saying that it's a hard choice for a career BRD (probably less so for song-only mules), one that brings consequences.
Consequences that are more ignorable the less songs you have to cast, and vice-versa.

You can totally do 3x PTs with 5 songs each as well just like Comeatmebro said, in theory.
Emphasis on that though.
Because in reality a lot of things can go wrong (and I'm not mentioning the packet loss in Divergence, that's an entirely different scale of issues) and make you lose precious seconds.
Less space for errors, less space to relax and lay down, less chances to have CDs still up when you cast debuff on an enemy.

In general it's simply a "QoL" difference for career BRDs, it makes it more stressing and less fun to play the job, at least from my personal point of view.
It's the same reason why I try to limit the party swapping. Back during Delve we were ptswapping on pretty much everything, keeping all those songs up all of the time lol
Personally I'd just stop playin BRD if I had to do that on every content every time, these days. But hey, that's just me!
VIP
By Lili 2019-05-30 14:13:16  
Just wondering, what's preventing you from meriting Dirge when the fight you're going to do requires it, and 5/5 nitro when the fight you're about to do requires it?

It's not like we are not perma-capped on merits anyway, even the new Emporox buff only works once you're capped, and going from 0 to 5 levels on any category only costs 15 merits.

FFXI is a situational game, in the same way we swap subjob we can also swap merits. SMN do it all the time (kinda).

(Hopefully BRD tweak will move Dirge/Sirvente to scrolls, and all of this will be moot)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-30 14:19:16  
Lili said: »
Just wondering, what's preventing you from meriting Dirge when the fight you're going to do requires it, and 5/5 nitro when the fight you're about to do requires it?

Their Bards and aren't expected to adapt to the situation like every else does is.
[+]
By Taint 2019-05-30 14:41:04  

Their Bards and aren't expected to adapt to the situation like every else does is.

On Asura, most people just have two REMA BRD mules. One with 5/5 Nitro and one with 4/5 Dirge. Zoning into a mog house takes WAY too long, easier to just have two mules AFK and ready in Mhaura.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-30 14:43:03  

It's not like we are not perma-capped on merits anyway, even the new Emporox buff only works once you're capped, and going from 0 to 5 levels on any category only costs 15 merits.

FFXI is a situational game, in the same way we swap subjob we can also swap merits. SMN do it all the time (kinda).

(Hopefully BRD tweak will move Dirge/Sirvente to scrolls, and all of this will be moot)

Swapping merits around is a pain in the ***, so is remembering everything you currently have setup.

Largely why i wish theyd just let us merit everything. People are just gunna pick what is obviously better or more generally useful, rarely is there a real choice that would differentiate you from other jobs (and in the cases you did opt to pick something else you were flamed because you didnt fit into party comps)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-30 14:43:04  
It's what I've been doing so far, personally.
Don't like it, but it's the best compromise I could find.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2019-05-30 15:02:24  
Taint said: »
On Asura, most people just have two REMA BRD mules. One with 5/5 Nitro and one with 4/5 Dirge. Zoning into a mog house takes WAY too long, easier to just have two mules AFK and ready in Mhaura.

I sincerely hope you're joking. Whitegate #4 is at 3 steps from MH, and it takes way less time to zone into MH every now and then than to build another character entirely (with 4 REMA weapons, even) just to have a different merit setup, not to mention the monthly sub... O_O I'm sure somebody did it but people can't be THAT lazy. And if they are it speaks volume about them.

Nobody likes it, but it's literally what the game is all about. While people are being extra late to events, just step into MH for 3min and change merits around. I can do Mhaura > Whitegate #4 > MH > Whitegate > Mhaura in less time than the average ambu party takes to find a 6th member...
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-30 15:13:29  

What I'm trying to say is just stay Dirge 2/5 ~ 4/5 and only change merits if you need Troubadour for an Albumen fight.

That is why I said this, the answer was staring everyone in the face but they refused to accept it because it's different then four years ago and thus scary.

Everyone else in the game is expected to adapt to meta changes on a near constant basis. Why do BRDs and PLDs think their special and get to play now the same as 2012?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-30 16:01:15  
Nobody likes it, but it's literally what the game is all about.
About what? Swapping merits frequently?
Don't think many jobs need to do that honestly, wouldn't go as far as saying that it's "what the game is all about" °-°''

Quote:
While people are being extra late to events, just step into MH for 3min and change merits around. I can do Mhaura > Whitegate #4 > MH > Whitegate > Mhaura in less time than the average ambu party takes to find a 6th member...
Oh but that's perfectly reasonable! I'm not denying that.
Still annoyin tho :-P
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-06-24 06:17:06  
Give us a Light Elemental Mab belt in that Cait Sith Fight.

Knowing our luck Cor will probably get somethingg that makes leaden even more disgusting.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-24 07:32:19  
Time to get your alts through wotg before the update, can't access cait sith without having champion of dawn complete :)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-24 10:16:01  
Easy fight to get caught up on. Next month will probably be an Alexander fight. Light mab affinity belt would compete with Orpheus belt, maybe an earring or neck piece would be better.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-06-24 11:13:57  
The next version update is scheduled for early July.

July brings with it a high-tier battlefield vs. Cait Sith, the monthly updates to Ambuscade, and adjustments to the ninja and white mage jobs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-24 12:07:13  
I know July is Cait Sith. I meant next month as in, the next month after the one just announced (July, Cait Sith). So August HTBF fight should be Alexander if they are following the trend. I guess they could also bring out a Bahamut fight eventually.
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-06-24 12:09:00  
Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
The next version update is scheduled for early July.

July brings with it a high-tier battlefield vs. Cait Sith, the monthly updates to Ambuscade, and adjustments to the ninja and white mage jobs.

Interesting. Another WHM adjustment along with a new HTBF with Cait Sith.

Might be safe to assume drops from this fight will be for RDM WHM SMN SCH, and the stats from those drops required a 2nd adjustment to WHM.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-24 12:17:57  
Odin had drops for every job except one (lol). If they are smart, they will follow suit here.

The change to WHM might actually be a reverse of the one a few months ago, since a few people complained about the Esuna adjustments and they followed up after the update with "if you believe we made a mistake, please let us know!". They probably anticipated it wouldn't go over well.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-24 12:53:35  
One? BRD RNG SAM are not on any of the available gear that came from Odin.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-06-24 13:16:17  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

The change to WHM might actually be a reverse of the one a few months ago, since a few people complained about the Esuna adjustments and they followed up after the update with "if you believe we made a mistake, please let us know!". They probably anticipated it wouldn't go over well.

They already laid out more or less exactly what they plan to do.

EDIT: Nevermind I guess they're now reverting everything minus the merit changes lol
[+]
By Boshi 2019-06-24 13:38:34  
I've been expecting them to do the WOTG final fight as a HTBF for a while.

They're already using the arena for these so I don't see why not
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-06-24 13:42:34  
I just want an 18 man Htbf for bahamut or better yet a master trial for 18 man bahamut would be dope.
By Disastaru 2019-06-24 13:44:47  
Asura.Nuance said: »
I just want an 18 man Htbf for bahamut or better yet a master trial for 18 man bahamut would be dope.

I want Bahamut as an avatar! (and not as a stink *** ToAU 1hr only or Atomos style avatar)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-07-25 07:22:36  
Just looking at this post then next one which the Dev responded to on the jp forums http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/863-%EF%BC%BF%E3%83%BB%EF%BC%89%E8%BF%BD%E5%8A%A0%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E6%AC%B2%E3%81%97%E3%81%84%E9%A3%9F%E3%81%B9%E7%89%A9%E3%82%92%E6%9B%B8%E3%81%8F%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AC?p=618187&viewfull=1#post618187

I google translated the posts

player post : Implementation of high-end version of the diet that strengthens both pet + body, such as white rattan, red coral, grass porridge, and soybean meal
Could you consider it?

Somehow, pet jobs such as beast masters and entrails feel a flow of rivalry,
Equipment for these pet jobs is
If you strengthen the body pet weakens
If you strengthen the pet, the body becomes weak
It will be in a state of nowhere, and the system can not easily catch up with existing jobs.

Just as there are superior versions of existing meals such as special sushi and curry bread for the avant-garde,
I would like to ask similar meals, which are effective for both pets and body.

※ "Fisherman-style kinto nabe" is exactly such a meal, but what can be eaten a little more freely ...
-

dev response - Thank you for your feedback.

If you add a dish with a simple upper performance, it will be difficult to obtain = expensive.
I will consider the direction of raising the performance of some of the ax-based dishes!

Now... if someone could make a post on the english forums (yes... it's kinda useless but if by off-chance they were to respond if they find similar thread to that on the eng forums) and link that jp post and post some thoughts about that and maybe asking them what gives with the lack of food for a long time with the ideas we gave them and other food stuff in general if anything comes to mind for you guys
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-08-05 09:35:57  
New information from the Freshly Picked that aired this morning:

Pup Adjustments:

Adjustment of maneuver consumption type attachment to maneuver load type
Flame Holder / Ice Maker / Replicator / Economizer

Broken english, but from the update notes posted by Matsui, he said this: Puppetmasters are getting adjustments to certain attachments, with some getting their activation conditions changed from consuming maneuvers to generating burden.

RDM Merit Adjustments:

Enfeebling Duration
Enhancing Duration
Magic accuracy
Enspell effect
Immunobreak effect
Physical Acc

Alexander BCNM

Body stats

DEF 170
HP + 182
MP + 73
STR + 40
DEX + 21
VIT + 25
AGI + 33
INT + 37
MND + 25
CHR + 38
Accuracy + 25
Attack + 60
Magic Accuracy+ 25
Magic attack bonus+40
Magic damage + 60
Evasion + 96
Magic Evasion+ 129
Magic Defense Bonus +12
Haste + 5%
Counter +15
Fast cast + 10%
Subtle Blow+ 15
Regen (HP) + 13
WAR PLD DRK BST SAM DRG

Shield stats

Defense 65
Shield skill + 112
Recovery amount from Cure + 5%
Spell Interruption rate down 7%
shield activation rate + 15
Damage Taken -10%
War pld rdm bst

New lockstyle staff for ambuscade

New shirt, similar to the shadow lord shirt from last year

IRL version, probably going to be sold at their offline event end of august. they did one of these last year too. nothing interesting happened at it last year as far as development announcements.

SS campaign bringing back old campaign items if you missed them

Login campaign is also repeats this month
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 09:53:34  
Thanks Funk.

Nice Meva body for the jobs listed, specifically PLD/DRG. Decent hybrid option if you can make up the DT elsewhere from no Hjarrandi. Finally something SAM can wear. Love how they made this the same FC as Fallen's Cuirass +3, so now it's going to be permanently stored...

Still hoping they release a light affinity+ piece of gear for RNG.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Easy fight to get caught up on. Next month will probably be an Alexander fight. Light mab affinity belt would compete with Orpheus belt, maybe an earring or neck piece would be better.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-08-05 09:55:56  
Nice idle piece for sam.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-08-05 09:59:01  
We will get more pieces from Alexander, at least a weapon or two and an accessory i bet. Going to be streaming the update as usual, so tune in!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 408 409 410