user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-10-12 04:59:57  
eh, must've missed it

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-10-12 06:37:10  
Asura.Memes said: »
Make it so you can trade 400 scales for 1 body. i.e. 400 kin scales = Dagon's breastplate.

If anything, it should be RoE quest to kill boss x times. Scales is a bad idea, because you could only have 1-2 people benefiting from each run.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-10-12 06:58:29  
Reduce the damned card trade ratio.
[+]
By Afania 2020-10-12 07:00:19  
Asura.Kusare said: »
i think omen is the best event they've made in a long time,

Omen was fun when it was 6 man, then SE turned it into alliance content and it got WAY too easy after that.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
サーバ: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-10-12 07:13:46  
I find omen easier with 6 people rather than with an alliance.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-12 07:18:42  
Other than kyou maybe, I agree it's ironically easier to run as a 6men lol
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-10-12 07:20:13  
Kyou is super easy with a pup and a smn. I think its easier as 6 man in general cuz the more people you add in the more people there are to do dumb things.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-12 09:07:49  
Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
are they paying you shill for them?

Yeah, they pay me the big bucks to argue with you on a forum.

Many endgame players tend to live in a bit of an echo chamber from everyone else, it's not a bad thing to have some opposing opinions to your own once in a while.

It's ok, it's not mind control. You still retain your own point of view and stuff when you read it.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-12 09:13:49  
SimonSes said: »
Cool description.. of how it would work in lowman project made by small indie studio crunching it down overnight. Definitely not how it would work in old school big company like SE, with project reduced to few people on half maintenance mode.
Post from page before was talking about what 1 full time dev could do. If bureaucracy is still an issue on a project with basically no dedicated staff, that is mismanagement, not an excuse for SE. I'm not saying they will do it, I'm saying they could.

Quote:
To yours description of actual development work, you can add months of decision making, getting approve several times during project's progression, negotiating budget, cutting budget, cutting content, quality control, fixing bugs, quality control again etc.
When it's 1 devs work there's no negotiating to do. With no new model, it's just relatively simple code, nothing to budget for. Give me the source and I'll make a new abyssea zone in 160 work hours np. (4 weeks at 40h work week, never mind how many hours they actually get out of jp workers/game devs in general..)

Quote:
Also everything you wrote to make it faster, would result in 95% people wining about same models being used in same event on same maps, just with added loot. Same like people were wining about Dynamis, even that DynamisD has many different mechanics and twist in comparison to old Dynamis.
Again, the page before suggested a bare minimum content reusing models. People would rather have that than nothing, and it isn't asking the world.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-10-12 09:23:43  
It’s not an echo chamber to state that there hasn’t been any new content for seasoned players for years. Mostly everything in the last few years that has been released has been geared towards returning players leaving players that have done everything with very little to do. Lots of them are quitting or taking a break because we are apparently not going to see anything new until the 20th anniversary. And then the new content that is added is bare bones like Odyssey or the rework to Domain Invasion that no one asked for.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-12 12:29:49  
Backreading, but got irked on this:

Asura.Memes said: »
You sound like a casual.

Why is that a bad thing again? This isn't a super intense, tournament-friendly, high stakes game. This isn't Smash Bros., nor Street Fighter, nor Fortnight.

This is a game where the best of the best aren't the only players that can clear content.

This is a game where most, if not all non-RMT, play this game as an escape from reality for a few hours at a time, be it daily or weekly.

Trying to demean players because you feel like it doesn't make you better either.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-10-12 12:36:50  
I wish there were 72 hour respawn timer NMs in obscure locations throughout Vanadiel so we get to explore those locations again. Make it so we can't just HP to the spots.

Give those NMs like aberrations that can be used to +1 Malignance gear, leading to the best gear in the game. These Hyper? NMs would have like 4 hour pop windows and LSes could gather and compete for the chance to kill them. Make it so the drop rate is also low enough to where an LS can't just kill it 5 times and be done, but camp for years on end to gear their characters.
[+]
By Taint 2020-10-12 12:39:32  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
I wish there were 72 hour respawn timer NMs in obscure locations throughout Vanadiel so we get to explore those locations again. Make it so we can't just HP to the spots.

Give those NMs like aberrations that can be used to +1 Malignance gear, leading to the best gear in the game. These Hyper? NMs would have like 4 hour pop windows and LSes could gather and compete for the chance to kill them. Make it so the drop rate is also low enough to where an LS can't just kill it 5 times and be done, but camp for years on end to gear their characters.

HNM camping was awesome, when I was 20 something. But I was also in a big HNM shell. But the rush of claiming Fafnir and holding him while your shell gathered or the day 14 KBs was truly an awesome feeling. Carrying around 7 pairs of flee boots to win the race to Tiamat. I miss those rushes.

I could 100% see how its horrible game design and 95% of FFXI players hate it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-12 12:49:03  
I don't know. Camping NMs is by far the biggest time-wasting mechanic in existence. I don't mind doing it for trials (it can be brutal), but there's less annoyance because you can team up with people and complete it together, as the reward is simply progress and not a physical pooled shiny. Logging in to camp something for a 4 hour window isn't conducive to the current climate in this game. It's simply not attractive for anyone besides bots.

I would much rather it be something like an iteration of Voidwalker 2.0/3.0, where you gain progressive KIs from killing certain NMs and can only pop a higher tier NM if you have a certain KI from lower tiers on you (that you lose after spawning it), and have to run around looking for it. This way, people's progress is reset and can't monopolize it or worse, RMT control it. That system (Voidwalker NM) was a fun, interactive way of exploring zones IMO, they should have extended this to dungeons and other not-often-used areas. I think it would have been cool finding an ilvl Vrtra hidden somewhere in KRT with LS members all over the zone looking for it.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-10-12 12:50:43  
I just want static upgrades. No more slot machine NPCs. I don't want to do any math to figure out if my randomly augmented gear is better than somebody else's randomly augmented gear. I dont want to spam Oseem 15,000 times to get the 1 extra Store TP I need to make an x-hit build, but then it has no accuracy on it.

I want a clear-cut "this is best" armor set. And if there's going to be augments then make them static.

I got decent augments on my Herculean/Odyssean gear and I'm never going back to Oseem unless there's a DM campaign. It's just plain frustrating, time consuming, and the numbers hurt my OCD.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-10-12 13:16:03  
Asura.Botosi said: »
I just want static upgrades. No more slot machine NPCs.

To be fair, it's not like they've been pushing random augments as a recent trend. Oseem random augments (as well as the semi-random Sinister Reign system) were introduced way back in 2015. Since then, pretty much all gear they've added has set stats or non-random upgrade paths: Omen drops, AF/Relic +2/+3, RMEA augments, JSE necks, Ambuscade armor/weapons, Volte gear, Divergence weapons, Domain Invasion gear, HTBF drops, Unity augment system... No stat randomness involved in any of those.

I appreciate your point and agree that random augment system is annoying. But I'm not gonna worry too much about a system they last actually used nearly 5 years ago.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-10-12 13:18:05  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I just want static upgrades. No more slot machine NPCs.

To be fair, it's not like they've been pushing random augments as a recent trend. Oseem random augments (as well as the semi-random Sinister Reign system) were introduced way back in 2015. Since then, pretty much all gear they've added has set stats or non-random upgrade paths: Omen drops, AF/Relic +2/+3, RMEA augments, JSE necks, Ambuscade armor/weapons, Volte gear, Divergence weapons, Domain Invasion gear, HTBF drops, Unity augment system... No stat randomness involved in any of those.

I appreciate your point and agree that random augment system is annoying. But I'm not gonna worry too much about a system they last actually used nearly 5 years ago.

I see what you’re saying. It was used nearly 5 years ago, yet DM augmented gear is still some/most of the best gear out there....
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-10-12 14:01:55  

Why in the hell would you want that? HNMs camping was awful and one of the most blatant examples of just wasting playertime. And it was riddled with botting and loot drama...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-12 16:23:09  
loot drama
You answered your own question right there.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2020-10-12 23:23:16  

Why in the hell would you want that? HNMs camping was awful and one of the most blatant examples of just wasting playertime. And it was riddled with botting and loot drama...
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Afania 2020-10-13 00:52:58  
I just want static upgrades. No more slot machine NPCs. I don't want to do any math to figure out if my randomly augmented gear is better than somebody else's randomly augmented gear. I dont want to spam Oseem 15,000 times to get the 1 extra Store TP I need to make an x-hit build, but then it has no accuracy on it.

I want a clear-cut "this is best" armor set. And if there's going to be augments then make them static.

I got decent augments on my Herculean/Odyssean gear and I'm never going back to Oseem unless there's a DM campaign. It's just plain frustrating, time consuming, and the numbers hurt my OCD.

I actually like how random augments gives player more room for freedom when it comes to builds. For example, jobs that don't normally get cure potency gears or phalanx+ can get them from DM augments, so it opens up new ways to enhance your job, like DRK/RDM phalanx set, COR/WHM cure potency set etc.

The "get the extra Store TP for x-hit build, but lose the accuracy" complain that you have is just an example of decision making, which is part of playing RPG.

If every piece of gear are just "this is best armor" clear cut gears, after a while you'd see everyone and their mother wears identical sets and just be clones of each other, that's incredibly boring.

I like making choices between different gears because they all have pros and cons. If I want an armor set that's clearly better than everything else Id play FF14.

Since this isn't a competitive mmo, it's alright not to have BiS in some slots. I'd say having the option to be an unique snowflake in a RPG is more important than being best of the best.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-10-13 01:52:23  
Afania said: »

I actually like how random augments gives player more room for freedom when it comes to builds. For example, jobs that don't normally get cure potency gears or phalanx+ can get them from DM augments, so it opens up new ways to enhance your job, like DRK/RDM phalanx set, COR/WHM cure potency set etc.

The "get the extra Store TP for x-hit build, but lose the accuracy" complain that you have is just an example of decision making, which is part of playing RPG.

If every piece of gear are just "this is best armor" clear cut gears, after a while you'd see everyone and their mother wears identical sets and just be clones of each other, that's incredibly boring.

I like making choices between different gears because they all have pros and cons. If I want an armor set that's clearly better than everything else Id play FF14.

Since this isn't a competitive mmo, it's alright not to have BiS in some slots. I'd say having the option to be an unique snowflake in a RPG is more important than being best of the best.

Couldnt agree more.

Also for me horizontal progression in this game is the most interesting thing in whole gearing up. Thanks to the amount of sidegrades everyone can build slightly different sets and be functional and have their unique style. Random augments helps a lot to achieve this. Also random augments, especially DM campaign is kinda like super rare HNM drops, but without drama, camping and other useless stuff. Just that amazing feel when you randomly get some really powerful augment. Doing maths to check whats better is also awesome. It adds another layers to gearing. Like Afania said, if every top player would wear exactly the same, doing exactly the same, it would be so *** boring. This game has way too less abilities and player's skill involved to make it vertical gear progression on top of that ewwwwww

To each their own.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-13 02:18:41  
I *** hate random augments so much I don't use anything that requires more than 1 stat. So nothing besides fast cast.
[+]
By Taint 2020-10-13 05:58:30  
Augment paths are cool and give long term goals for the items that require more than one path for completionist.

Oseem random can DIAF.
[+]
By Nariont 2020-10-13 06:41:53  
Bring back alluvion augment system
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-10-13 14:16:28  
Quote:
You "think"? When Matsui clearly said a new event/content is being released in the november or december patch?

Did he now? Are you sure about that? Because his exact words were

Quote:
Rest assured, though, that we are preparing for greater things to come in the next version update—the November version update

The November update usually consists of the campaigns with the biggest payout rewards. IE Dark matter PLUS, Dynamis statue smasher PLUS campaigns, Omen cards, and the November alter ego extravaganza with a set of trusts that you can only get twice a year. They've repeated this big November festival for the past 3 years now though. At this point it should be expected. There was no mention of a new type of content and most certainly no mention of a new upcoming event, so unless they say otherwise I'm hinging my bets that the "big plans" they have in store for us are the same big plans they had for us last November... and the one before that as well.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-10-13 14:25:07  
His full statement strongly implied a content addition, not just campaigns. They don't have to "prepare for" campaigns lol- that's just a switch they pull.

Now whether that will be an entirely new event is a different matter.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-10-13 14:45:31  
Implied yes, but never stated. There's no point in going back and forth on the matter though since it's just conjecture either way. We'll just have to wait another month to find out. I'd love for them to add something new and exciting, but the depth of new content for the past few years has been High Tier Battlefields, Domain Invasion, and Oddysey. And all we've heard on the front of empyrean upgrades is "we'll release it someday". I understand their budget and staff is limited, but 3 years is a long time to wait. The filler fluff they've been giving us is easy to chew through in a very short amount of time.
First Page 2 3 ... 157 158 159 ... 436 437 438