users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 436 437 438
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-13 16:06:21  
Well, the silver lining on the super long empy+3 wait, is, that the gear will probably be stonger now than if they had released it a year(s) ago. gear power creep.

At least that's what I keep telling myself. -_-;
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eotfofyl
user: EOTFOFYL
By Ragnarok.Eotfofyl 2020-10-13 21:42:16  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Well, the silver lining on the super long empy+3 wait, is, that the gear will probably be stonger now than if they had released it a year(s) ago. gear power creep.

Mart, always the beacon of optimism.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2020-10-14 08:17:55  

I don't think the stats would change, I recall (i could be wrong) them mentioning the +3 Empyrean armor were done sometime ago.

But I think you're right, they looked at the stats and realized they were very strong and decided not to release them.

This comes down to how the Empyrean armor were designed. Many of the pieces directly augment job abilities, so any +2 or +3 piece would be stronger

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-14 09:27:24  
I would be shocked beyond words if PLD empyrean +3 is even reasonably good, much less if it some how actually addresses any of the jobs issues. The +1 set has been... underwhelming almost since release.

Incoming rant. lol. Feel free to tldr.

The bar for new PLD gear to be good is just really really high now. Hello, Souveran+1... <,< There's one piece of PLD empyrean I still use, and that's solely for the Divine Emblem enhancement. I guess I can give the legs and honorable mention, but I really don't think CE loss is as much of an issue now as some people make it out to be, and would rather use souveran legs.

It's going to take some drastic boosts to get that set to a usable stat in most slots.

The head could potentially be an improvement to high HP fastcast... except they'd have to double the FC on it to match carmine.

The hands are just... complete junk. They would need some significant new stats, not just increases to existing stats, to have any purpose at all. Especially after discovering exactly how shield defense bonus really works(and how bad it is.)

Body.. same as hands, basically. And the enmity variable dmg mitigation is junk that's about the same strength as souveran's DT(with +2% from set bonus) IF you have high enough enmity on everything hitting you. Souveran works just fine even on agro only mobs. Oh, and it doesn't break the DT cap, so... That stat just needs to die already.

The feet have a role regardless of what they upgrade. And the legs might actually be appealing even with just some slightly boosted stats.

So yeah.. I have... low expectations for PLD empyrean+3. <,<;
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-14 10:39:31  
Legit, they need to revive ballista with gear swapping. Even if a "flavor of the month" job is always the one dominating it, there would be some very interesting matches with all the jobs being allowed to play at their max potential. People would be able to measure their epeen/wallets, it would be content that is not predictable, (official matches could turn into cookie cutter ***) but one on one matches would be way fun.

I remember crushing a friend's RDM with my NIN back in the day, and then him coming back at me with a furry. Spent all day rematching each other. But with out being able to swap gear, having to make special macros just to not swap gear, got to be tedious.

If you can just hop straight from a NPC battle, into a ballista match, guns a blazing, unbridled, people would do it.

Edit: and it would take all of what 5 minutes to implement into the current system? Enable gear swapping, style lock on entry of match, done and done.

Could even make some RoEs for it etc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-14 10:49:05  
It's not like anyone plays it in its current form now anyway, so not like it would matter to un castrate it. Maybe expand the zones you can use for personal matches too.

Edit: iLVL garrison could be fun too, but I guess they kind of have that with some of the.... Whatever the instances in SoA are called.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-10-14 11:14:48  
It would take a lot more than 5 minutes to rebalance PVP.

Monstrosity has always seemed like pretty low hanging fruit to me. Even just a second memento slot would motivate people to do it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-14 11:20:49  
You will never force balance on PvP. They just need to give its balls back. There is no reason to balance it anyway, it's just meant for fun, there are no restrictions on progressing with the rest of the game if you don't do it, or cannot win it.

Edit: and yes, it would only take 5 minutes to allow gearswapping, and force lockstyle in matches, that's all they need to do to it to get people to participate. That's it, no one plays it as it exists now, it would break nothing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-10-14 13:13:32  
Balance PVP? That makes zero sense man. The whole point of PVP is to be better than your opponent on whatever job. The moment you add things to “rebalance” it makes the entire thing meaningless.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-14 13:22:32  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Balance PVP? That makes zero sense man. The whole point of PVP is to be better than your opponent on whatever job. The moment you add things to “rebalance” it makes the entire thing meaningless.

He means balance it so that it actually makes reasonable sense. You can's swap gear, and too many jobs have a simple trick that dominates the playing field. For example, 99COR can one shot anything in that arena simply using high mab/affinity Quick Draw. From Range. Instantly. Through shadows/blink. It's super broken. Magic Damage is too strong in PvP. Jobs like SCH, RDM are beyond broken.

Easy fixes for PvP: allow gear swapping (force lockstyle). If you blink on weapon swap, you are penalized, but not for normal gear swaps. Multiply everybody's HP by x10. That way, you don't die from one move over and over again and have a chance to play strategically.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-10-14 13:35:40  
Quote:
Legit, they need to revive ballista with gear swapping

sorry, I thought you wanted to "revive" it- not just go die instantly to QD, realize how unfun that is, and never touch it again
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
サーバ: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-10-14 13:40:39  
I dont pvp in ffxi cuz I find it inferior to other options for playing pvp games and thats an understatement, but the people i know who really enjoy pvp in ffxi know that you build specific sets just for pvp and the gear swapping is strategic and vital to the playstyle (knowing when to swap and eat the penalty and when not to, looking at what others are using and adjusting accordingly), for them it would totally kill the experience cuz they actually know how to play. I dont think swapping gear with no penalty would help make it any better you just have to realize it has different rules in place. That being said the only reason you can't swap gear with out a penalty is becuase of how you used to blink and cause the other person to lose their target in the 1st place so bad design in general from the get go really.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-14 13:41:27  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Legit, they need to revive ballista

Since your other comments are about how/why, and I have no comments on that, figured I'd parse it down.

FFXI has been extremely weak/limited in the PvP from day one. Its never been that kind of game, in large part by design. The limited PvP aspects, if my patchy long-term memory serves me, were added due to playerbase demand, and almost begrudgingly.

I'd honestly rather the limited dev hours they dedicate to this game go to what they do well, vs trying to fix a limited system of epeen. There are plenty of other games that handle PvP much better than SE ever has- I say let them be good at that, and have SE stick to what they know.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-14 13:52:42  
Pretty sure the team who implemented PvP in FFXI from way back is long gone. It will basically never be updated with the crew they have now. I would be surprised if anybody even knows it exists, due to the fact that almost nobody does it anymore.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-14 14:33:00  
If it's higher than +5, I'll take it. XD Any less than that wouldn't help me personally, but PLDs in general may appreciate avoiding the Dark Matter augment treadmill. EDIT: There is something to be said for Phalanx+ pieces with better defense/HP. Phalanx Midcast is one of PLD's more vulnerable moments when trying to get max potency.

I also wouldn't complain if they wanted to add something nicely ridiculous, like a PLD equivalent to Turms hands parry recovery effect. Although, Recovering 100 HP on shield blocks would actually be even more broken than turms hands themselves. <,<

I'd also be ok with Obscene amounts of shield mastery+.

A piece that enhances the potency of Crusade would be pretty neat.

Lots of things that are fun to think about, but I just don't see SE doing anything that good. I may be slightly jaded. <,<;

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Snk
サーバ: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-10-14 15:07:50  
I would be shocked beyond words if PLD empyrean +3 is even reasonably good, much less if it some how actually addresses any of the jobs issues. The +1 set has been... underwhelming almost since release.

Incoming rant. lol. Feel free to tldr.

The bar for new PLD gear to be good is just really really high now. Hello, Souveran+1... <,< There's one piece of PLD empyrean I still use, and that's solely for the Divine Emblem enhancement. I guess I can give the legs and honorable mention, but I really don't think CE loss is as much of an issue now as some people make it out to be, and would rather use souveran legs.

It's going to take some drastic boosts to get that set to a usable stat in most slots.

The head could potentially be an improvement to high HP fastcast... except they'd have to double the FC on it to match carmine.

The hands are just... complete junk. They would need some significant new stats, not just increases to existing stats, to have any purpose at all. Especially after discovering exactly how shield defense bonus really works(and how bad it is.)

Body.. same as hands, basically. And the enmity variable dmg mitigation is junk that's about the same strength as souveran's DT(with +2% from set bonus) IF you have high enough enmity on everything hitting you. Souveran works just fine even on agro only mobs. Oh, and it doesn't break the DT cap, so... That stat just needs to die already.

The feet have a role regardless of what they upgrade. And the legs might actually be appealing even with just some slightly boosted stats.

So yeah.. I have... low expectations for PLD empyrean+3. <,<;

This post pretty much mirrors my thoughts for the BST Emperyan set. I only use the legs feet and hands. The body and head just have 0 use for me in any sets. I know I'd love to see a higher TP Bonus from the hands but I doubt they'd do it.
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-10-14 15:10:57  
What we really should be hoping for is the next content not to be a laggy shithole like Dyna D.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-14 15:24:30  
never forget that the COR relic+1 feet (119 version) were only used as a /ja piece for Wild Card before the release of +3 relic gear, and they went from that to one of the most potent pieces of JSE in the game.

If they want it, anything's possible.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-10-14 15:26:47  
Sylph.Snk said: »
This post pretty much mirrors my thoughts for the BST Emperyan set. I only use the legs feet and hands. The body and head just have 0 use for me in any sets. I know I'd love to see a higher TP Bonus from the hands but I doubt they'd do it.
You need to revisit how bst works as a job, cuz this post tells me you are asleep.

Body and hands from empy set are most important pieces in the set.

Legs are useless right now, but small update will make them great. I expect when upgraded to +3 they will be BiS again for pet -dt set (I anticipate 8% total from legs). I also hope and expect better master tp stats on this piece.

Feet are limited use right now as they are just a swap piece for spur. However, simply bringing them up to level should make them great for master dd. either as a tp piece or swap piece for decimation/ruinator.

head is currently only a swap piece for pet ready moves while your monster correlation has an advantage over your target. However, when that is the case (which every bst should aim for) they are BiS for pet acc and attack. I would mostly want better pet stats added to this, independent of monster correlation effects.

Body is there especially for killer instinct and monster correlation. it is a big damage boost and defense boost in such a situation. This is what the Founder's set was based off. Bst's ferine set had it first. and it was a very elegant and clever solution for beastmaster. Getting a stat bonus to this is comparable to getting a stat bonus to Bhikku body on Monk. I REALLY hope they put WSD + 10% on this piece. That would absolutely have the best synergy for bst paired w/ the augment to killer effects. Shoot, I'll be disappointed if body pieces doesn't give at least 75 attack and accuracy between axe skill and straight out stats.

Hands are a HUGE tp bonus to ready moves. They are the biggest boost to EVERY ready move aside from having mythic weapon. It will help all ready moves, whether supportive, offensive, or enfeebling. Any bst not using them is DOING IT WRONG. Its such an easy piece to get and so useful. Really, if I were going to limit empy gear on bst, I would get body and hands only, and I"m not sure if I could choose between the 2. Higher TP bonus for the hands are EXACTLY 1 thing they have to do when upgrading them. Looking at the patters for artifact and relic gear upgrades shows the pattern here. I expect the tp bonus to go from 600 to 800. I don't mind keeping this as a pet only swap piece. I would just want more pet stats on this.

If you compare Empyrean set on bst (probably all jobs) compared to the artifact and relic sets, they have had better melee/dd stats at same level. I think they hold off on Empyrean because they will be the most powerful. Even if they only do boring, incremental upgrades to empyrean gear, you will have at least 3 pieces on bst which will be best in slot.

I think you didn't do enough homework to have those worries about bst empyrean gear upgrades.

The main question I have about how they upgrade bst empy set is if they give direct pet stats or not. This set was early on a very cool set for both master and pet. Its when they started wising up about it. However the only 'direct' pet bonus is tp bonus on hands. The rest are all thru traits: Augmenting spur, boosting correlation effects, boosting stout servant, boosting killer affects. Its all very indirect, but it works.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-14 15:48:45  
Asura.Memes said: »
1 piece Phalanx +7
1 piece shield mastery +20
1 piece Crusade+1
1 piece Shield block: gain 100 VE??
1 piece HP+500

Would PLD be fixed?
Shield mastery+20 definitely qualifies as Obscene amounts of shield mastery. lol. Shield mastery +1 = +10 TP per block. So +20 is 200 additional TP per block.

Base TP per hit: about 20~ TP
Native Shield mastery traits: +40 TP
Job points +15 TP
New proposed bonus: +200 TP
Reverence hands +20 TP
total +295 TP per block. It's like a 4 "block" build. lol.
Time for atonement spam tank meta. Sounds fun.

Now about enmity gain on block. That is a really interesting idea. But I think I'd really want it to be at least part CE. 50/50 CE/VE or 100/100, etc. 100 VE is 1.66 seconds worth of VE decay. Even if it can be modified by enmity+ gear that's pretty miniscule. It would wear away between each mobs attack rounds. The CE could accumulate to a useful degree though.

But.. while I would consider these good(and in some cases crazy) improvements to PLD... would it be considered "fixed"? I dunno about that. I think it mitigates some of the issues a bit.

I think actual job adjustments are still needed for PLD. But I will say that most of these would be sufficient for me to get excited about new gear though. XD
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-19 10:01:03  
PLD won't be fixed until they can do meaningful DPS while maintaining enough m.eva to avoid pesky statuses and keeping high physical DT reduction. You can't fix it by making it a stronger tank, because we don't need a stronger tank. It has to have some of RUN's advantages(or some new and unique advantages that bring comparable value to the table).
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-19 10:21:07  
I don't get why they don't just add flashga and put it on the same timer as flash.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2020-10-19 11:22:17  
its just another balance corner theyve put themselves in when they decided run should be just as phys tanky as pld is while moving towards everything being enfeeb heavy which run excels at by its own design. I think doing what they did to rampart to fealty duration/recast wise would be a decent help if they want to keep pld from being as meva heavy while also letting it have some way to fight ailments, so something like 1 min upkeep like it is at base now but on a 3~5 min recast instead of the awful 10 its at now.

With the way shield bash is now if they are so intent on keeping shields at 99 you could go back and alter the AG requirements/aura on those to be something like pdt/mdtII either 7 as it is now or 10(and just change aegis' shield size if you are so intent on keeping it without skill i guess) To provide additional support to those around the pld

DPS wise I think its been said plenty before either simply attaching JA haste to shield mastery, or attaching it to fencer and giving it to pld would kick it more in line?

Then theres just letting pld some way to gain hate by itself/properly tag, primarily by "fixing" the enmity on cures, whether through a trait or under majesty, or just make reprisal foil-esque in hate/recast, least then pld could stop being locked to /blu for aoe tags

RadialArcana said: »
I don't get why they don't just add flashga and put it on the same timer as flash.

Cause thad make sense
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-19 11:26:53  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
maintaining enough m.eva to avoid pesky statuses

This is probably often overlooked, but it's pretty huge. Outside of having a full volte haubert set, paladin has a serious issue avoiding status ailments. Just doing red eye NM farming in windy in a few runs and I could can clearly see the difference in status resistance on rune vs a paladin. I would get doomed like 1/6-8 times, the paladin would get hit like 1/3. It was incredible. That really needs to get fixed if paladin is to rival rune.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-10-19 13:13:04  
Empyrean +2/+3 confirmed to be coming after job adjustments are done. Delayed due to the rona.

We do not know when job adjustments will be done. Please look forward to it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 436 437 438