Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 332 333 334 ... 453 454 455
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-14 20:20:25  
Vaerix said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

They are probably going to just reduce it to Fencer+3 and chalk it up as a typo/error, rather than change Fencer cap.

Because if they raise fencer cap realistically they need to add more levels than just 1.

Right. The whole thing is stupid really. The legs are dumb because you are always going to overcap Fencer by at least 1 due to the best shield for WAR having +1. So you end up as a WAR that easily caps Fencer trait so you don't need any more of it on gear, but the other job(s) that can really benefit from a Fencer addition through gear (BST BRD) can't reasonably move past their native tiers. Could have easily given BST a few tiers of Fencer on their gear to make single wielding much better (especially in Gaol), but nope, SE doesn't even pay attention to traits that are meaningful for jobs. Just arbitrary increases.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-14 20:45:57  
Well, (now I'm home and can actually look)

I see all WAR 99 will have fencer 5, so there is never a time when fencer+4 can work.

If WAR only got the 5th rank from mastery then it could work (I thought that was it, but master bonuses are only tp bonus, not "fencer" trait+). It'll be interesting to see what they do. probably leave it 3 but add something else onto it.

Can any other jobs hit 8 or go higher, if the cap was raised, if so, then they likely won't raise it, but if not then they may make it 10.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-10-14 20:50:28  
Asura.Sechs said: »
To be fair the small tests done about that seemed to hint that adding more TH over TH8 did indeed raise up the TH level up chance.
But the increase was so small it was either a matter of low sample or it was so small it's not worth it.
Have there been tests to determine if equipping more than TH+5 in gear affects the proc rate delta?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-14 20:53:26  
Sort of. Mel did it. But it really would need more data points to be conclusive.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-28 05:26:21  
August had double accos, October had double accos, November has double accos.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-10-28 06:16:40  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
A.M.A.N. Trove Original Equipment Drop Rate Increase Campaign

this one is new i think, o sashes for everyone

Gonna be the same increase as Shinryu drops got from change from 10 to 30 merits per fight ;)
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-10-28 08:12:50  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
August had double accos, October had double accos, November has double accos.

Too bad they capped if a while ago
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-28 08:35:10  
Delete and restart accounts every 3 hours, cap is for losers
By Rips 2022-10-28 21:11:02  

O Sash is so *** rare. I've only gotten it twice with my orbs.

I'll report on any findings with this new campaign once the month is up. Super excited for this.
By Seun 2022-10-28 23:54:59  

I don't have much hope for Trove since the last update. The psychology of rainbow chests makes sense from their standpoint. Make the event 'feel' more rewarding by having more players getting loud thuds. The problem is that the loot pool is so diluted by Dyna D junk that you end up seeing the more rare items less frequently. Note that some of the items in the 'original' pool are low value and will basically cancel out the more rare options.

The only way I think they would make a campaign for Trove that players would look forward to....

"For the duration of this campaign, all Dynamis D drops will be demoted to lower loot tiers."

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-29 11:10:18  
Unless you've been hoarding orbs or have 3000 aman mules I'm not sure there's any sort of aman campaign they can make that'd ever truly be that interesting. Main benefit to this will be potentially lowering the price of Sroda items a little bit for a short time if the drop rate increase is actually noticeable. Would have to be a serious increase to reduce the price of something like sash.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-10-29 11:24:24  
Awfully negative, arbitrary droprate increase may not have directly visible effects but I think it's still reasonable to assume it'll have an impact. Most of the other campaigns are very significant increases to what they affect. Would say a reasonable guess is that it doubles the likelihood of those items across the month, if not more. That's likely to either directly impact prices, or at least convince some people to sell off ahead of time with intent to rebuy after. The promise of the campaign will probably result in a reluctance to buy at current prices too, so even if it were placebo it could result in a price drop.

It's a good time to need any of those items, even if it's not game changing for the actual event experience.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-29 11:28:22  
Agree to disagree. As I said I can see it lowering price of the more common items but I don't think the price of halo items like Orpheus will change much. Double of nothing is still nothing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-29 11:52:34  
It depends. If the campaign temporarily moves the Trove gear to Thuds instead of exclusively on LT and they increase the rate, that could have a very meaningful impact. Before they added shards and void items to trove, some pieces were ridiculously pricy. After adding them to the more common pools, the price on nearly all of them went down pretty heavily right afterwards, and some never went back up because the supply didn’t allow it to.

I think it’s safe to assume at least that if the increase in this gear from campaign is significant, prices on high ticket items will go down, for reasons Thorny already mentioned.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-29 11:57:35  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Would have to be a serious increase to reduce the price of something like sash.

I already said this. Not sure if people just read the first sentence of a post before facesmahsing a reply or what, but anyway. "Significant" or "serious" would have to be more than a simple doubling of the drop rate to reduce the price of an extremely high price, relatively high demand item like Orpheus sash. Again, I can easily see this impacting the price of more common Sroda items,that won't be the hard part.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-10-29 12:30:58  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Awfully negative, arbitrary droprate increase may not have directly visible effects but I think it's still reasonable to assume it'll have an impact. Most of the other campaigns are very significant increases to what they affect. Would say a reasonable guess is that it doubles the likelihood of those items across the month, if not more. That's likely to either directly impact prices, or at least convince some people to sell off ahead of time with intent to rebuy after. The promise of the campaign will probably result in a reluctance to buy at current prices too, so even if it were placebo it could result in a price drop.

It's a good time to need any of those items, even if it's not game changing for the actual event experience.

I'm more pissed they add this as a new campaign event over

1. Double Segments
2. Double Master points
3. Half wait time for KI Recovery
4. Increase Sparks weekly spending
[+]
By Rips 2022-10-29 14:30:23  
While we’re on the page of discussing Aman Trove, I wanted to ask you all what you do when you’re at 6/10 chests open with a belligerent bang message present. I personally go loud thud or bust, as I’m sure many of you do, however, if the 7th chest is the loud thud, and 3 remain, do you take that 66% chance to dodge the mimic and try to activate the appearance of a rainbow chest?

I always do, but I won’t for the science of this campaign.

Just curious what everyone’s methods are with the new(er) BB messages.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-29 14:33:03  
As good as one loud is, the opportunity to get 2 is very appealing.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-29 14:41:30  
I stop on the first loud thud no matter what. If I don't get a loud thud I go for the 8 chest combo. I don't personally care about any of the noise or thud drops enough to not risk it. Loud thuds are uncommon enough for me that sacrificing one to maybe get 2 never feels worthwhile.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-10-29 14:50:28  
If you only care about loud thuds, a 1/3 chance of losing the existing loud thud for a 1/2 chance at an additional loud thud (2/3 chance of getting a valid chest, 3/4~ chest it's rainbow not gold on the freebie) is clearly worth it assuming you've already hit the other niche conditions described.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-29 15:10:48  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
If you only care about loud thuds, a 1/3 chance of losing the existing loud thud for a 1/2 chance at an additional loud thud (2/3 chance of getting a valid chest, 3/4~ chest it's rainbow not gold on the freebie) is clearly worth it assuming you've already hit the other niche conditions described.

I don't gamble often, but when I do I quit while I'm ahead rather than losing everything by giving into greed.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-29 15:15:16  
It becomes less of a gamble the more items of the loud pool you own. If you're doing it on your own.

Once you've got all 5 bodies and need no glows, your risk of a good item is dilluted enough to be worth going for 2. (but the reward is dilluted as well, so)

Selling, double the pool is double the prize, irresistible, as I said lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-29 15:16:38  
Yeah, between my mules and having a friend or two there to soak up extra drops, that's not a concern for me. I've only got a modest number of aman orbs every month, not the dozens and dozens if not hundreds lots of people on here have, so losing my couple of loud thuds a mo th to avarice hurts more
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-29 15:21:07  
Also, consider that selling ~20 orbs for ~3m has a 100% chance of buying whatever item you want from someone else....

Crep cloak maybe more than 60 *shrug*
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-29 15:22:26  
Not interested in the merc market

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-29 15:31:32  
Not true but also not relevant, if I was interested in letting someone else play the game for me for Gil, server transfers exist. I find no satisfaction or accomplishment in not playing the game. It'd be better just to stop playing entirely.

Exception being job points, have done that enough times myself that I would totally pay 20m to cap a job.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 332 333 334 ... 453 454 455