users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 336 337 338 ... 437 438 439
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-07 17:36:54  
Just like buying a rare drop vs farming it yourself. Some people just want to cut their losses and do something else with their time. I still don't like buying drop, playing mule lottery or whatever, but it has become a thing now since SE insists on making terrible drop rates.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-07 17:44:52  
Got to get over that silly ***.

It doesn't matter how you got it. You can either waste 100 hours getting it, or spend that 100 hours having it. Same results.

(Don't pay idiot tax though!)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-07 17:50:21  
It's funny you say that. i was the person who helped expose the current shinryu glitch, and since then, plenty of people have gotten armor/weapons, including friends of mine who say it didn't take them many runs to get the dagger or cloak or w/e. I've even had some people offer to sell me shinryu items because they got everything they needed from it. The absolute nerve. Something about paying 150m for a cloak don't sit right with me, so I'll just farm RMEA cases instead of paying someone else xD
By SimonSes 2022-11-07 19:26:34  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Also, they added Shinryu items to trove not long after it was released, because they knew the grind was stupid. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that SE would add +1/+2 earrings to something like Bonanza rewards via kupon slip at like Rank3 prize, so people can get the targeted earrings faster. Just my thoughts though.
JSE Earrings are mulable so you could activate an army of mules to really target them pay to win style lol.

I do 2nd run with alt almost every day and still have not even one +2 earring.

Keep in mind you not only need to level mule to 99 and finish whole SOA, but you also need to gear that mule or else you can only do few non combat chests. Also even a simple non combat run takes like 20+ minutes and if you want to do easy combat like Obdella, 5 acuex etc. its like 30+ minutes for ok geared mule and you maybe on avg will see like 1.5 cases from that run, so maybe one +1 case every 15 runs. Using 15 mules you would probably cut time needed to get a +2 earring you want to like a year+, but good luck running Sortie for 8.5 hours per day :)
By Vaerix 2022-11-07 22:14:17  
SimonSes said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Also, they added Shinryu items to trove not long after it was released, because they knew the grind was stupid. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that SE would add +1/+2 earrings to something like Bonanza rewards via kupon slip at like Rank3 prize, so people can get the targeted earrings faster. Just my thoughts though.
JSE Earrings are mulable so you could activate an army of mules to really target them pay to win style lol.

I do 2nd run with alt almost every day and still have not even one +2 earring.

Keep in mind you not only need to level mule to 99 and finish whole SOA, but you also need to gear that mule or else you can only do few non combat chests. Also even a simple non combat run takes like 20+ minutes and if you want to do easy combat like Obdella, 5 acuex etc. its like 30+ minutes for ok geared mule and you maybe on avg will see like 1.5 cases from that run, so maybe one +1 case every 15 runs. Using 15 mules you would probably cut time needed to get a +2 earring you want to like a year+, but good luck running Sortie for 8.5 hours per day :)

For best chances on a mule you would need the following things:
D Key,
C Key,
B Key,
B Plate(hurray @B tele),
B Sheet (run d/c/b (unless someone figured out a way to get this better)
Full Empy for the job of the mule (F Blitzer)
C Plate (kill 1 mob at C Tele)
C Sheet (respawn C)
D Plate (drop Temp)
D Sheet (Get Carried through fomor clear once)

This gives you 3 basement Blues, in addition to A Blue for resting, B Blue for locked door, C Blue for doors.

6 non combat chests per run, without the D clear you get 2 basement blues and 3 main floor blues with 0 combat (after 1 C kill on 1 run).

This is probably your best opportunity for earring mule farming.

Also don't skip repeat KI chests that are quick because 900 A door chests turns into a case for another NQ/+1 Earring chance.

Bon Chance!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-11-08 03:36:52  
Vaerix said: »
Also don't skip repeat KI chests that are quick because 900 A door chests turns into a case for another NQ/+1 Earring chance.

I would never buy Old case tbh. I just use Galli to slowly make +3 empy on mule, so its useable for something else, like Omen Swart farming or Ambuscade and to get more chances in Sortie by killing Acuex, Obdella. At some point it will be good enough to solo all roaming NMs for 4 red chests, Aurum and also kill 6 fomors for 2 more blue. I do all that every other day on him anyway, because I do 4 runs per week with static on my main, and in those days I use my alt to triobox and my boxed chars are strong enough to carry my alt. I only solo on him in days I 3box with my main.
By ksoze 2022-11-09 02:55:03  
With ml50 we should demand a reraise 3 ring or smth .. f man

Testing out a strat will cripple your ep
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-09 02:58:30  
They should've put a cap on that.
Just like there was a cap for Experience Points at level 75 when it mattered.

"You lose X% of current level EP when you die, but never more than <cap>"

It's simple as that.
Losing >30k EP per death is gonna be insane.
And honestly so anachronistical...
[+]
By ksoze 2022-11-09 03:27:00  
By SimonSes 2022-11-09 03:29:28  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Losing >30k EP per death is gonna be insane
10-11 it was 41,205 to next level
20-21 it was 109,112 to next level 2.64 increase
30-31 it was 258,409 to next level 2.36 increase
40-41 it's 769,426 to next level ~2.98 increase

Kinda inconsistent, but I wouldnt count on anything below 2.5 increase again, so around 2M buffer at ML50

We lose ~2% of buffer, so we will lose more like >40k :P
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-11-09 05:17:39  
Freshly picked 63

Ambuscade for Nov is iron giants for v1 and mantis for v2, like we already knew. They went over the changes like Matsui mentioned in his post, no need to repost.

December is meebles for v1, v2 is under adjustments.

Voracious Resurgence

Second stage of Prime Weapons will be implemented, and the names will change. Here is the list of names, for each weapon type. They might be altered for the English versions, but thats what I thought about Sortie... so who knows. Stats were not shown on stream.

Hand-to-Hand: Valgapurnikawa
Dagger: Pump Gundling
Sword: Caliburnus
Great Sword: Helheim
Axe: Spalilithos
Great Axe: Lafria
Scythe: Foenaria
Polearm: Gaybeed
Great Katana: Shrieking (Could also mean Wailing, or Lamentation)
Katana: Kusanagi
Club: Rogue Mole, or Roguemor
Staff: Opasholo
Archery: Pinaka
Marksmanship: Earp
Instrument: Rackna Shade
Shield: Duban

From Dec onwards, a weapon with a damage value will be needed to have stage 2 to progress further in the story.

If you made a sword or shield, make another weapon to progress.

My guess is there is a solo fight where you need to use the weapon to damage a mob.

Sortie

Adding the lower boss, stronger than the ones in the event now, be prepared. Asura.Essylt said it sounds like new loot from this boss. New cheats being added too.

Adding key items for each job that has unlocked emp armor, like they did for dynamis. Speak to the transposer to get all the ki for jobs you already unlocked.

Other Adjustments

Mig slip 30 implemented for emp +3 armor

Master level cap raised to 50. "This will be the last time the cap is increased"

Adding Locus mobs to Bibiki Bay

Swapping Cornelia for Matsui-P

Events

Mog Bonanza next month, and free login/discount campaigns start 12/23

Aman trove silver voucher x2 a day campaign starts on 11/18

New merch

Whew that's it, lots of merch.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-11-09 05:31:30  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Adding the lower boss, stronger than the ones in the event now, be prepared.
Unless I completely misunderstood that, they also said that they're adding some new loot dropping from the new boss(es).
By Draylo 2022-11-09 05:53:22  
I need the merch

Jeeze, 300+ dollar watch? maybe not that one lol
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-09 06:13:29  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Bibiki is another obvious good choice but they're not doing open fields.
Quote:
Players want to see the sky

Bibiki the choice for "seeing the sky", old school camp, entirely unused zone. Wide open.

I dig golden mobs for bibiki, there better be golden dhalmals doe. There are zero apex/locus beasts and too many aquans.

Needed to be silver metallic ones first, but whatever. Also zero chance of locus goblins.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-11-09 08:23:36  
locus dhalmels that zerk and then everyone ws's them for 99999. I'm sold
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-09 08:26:41  
Nice, I said Bibiki bay a few pages ago. Always liked that zone, the music was very fun for its time and it will be fun fighting out there for a change.
[+]
By Rips 2022-11-09 09:25:47  
The free login campaign and the silver voucher campaign do not overlap this year.

...***.
By Zubis 2022-11-09 12:21:00  
That merch is pretty good and makes up for the lackluster stuff earlier this year.

I'm going to put some money into it - might be the last time we get new FFXI merch.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-11-09 12:33:44  
Hopefully the merch isn't super expensive like the other stuff, but it's SE and it's worse for European customers because of the extortinate shipping prices. That Ark Angel shirt is sick.

Love that they are doing something with Bibiki Bay and are finally putting a cap on Master levels.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-11-09 13:33:56  
Some merch announced today is available on the NA square enix store already for preorder https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/merchandise/preorder

May be cheaper to import from the JP store with an agency? considering SE's ridiculous shipping fees they tend to have.
 Ragnarok.Trixi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2022-11-09 14:19:00  
Hm, I wonder why some items are missing from JP store, and a lot more missing from the NA store.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-09 14:21:40  
Some merch announced today is available on the NA square enix store already for preorder https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/merchandise/preorder

May be cheaper to import from the JP store with an agency? considering SE's ridiculous shipping fees they tend to have.

Cheaper even w/ agency fees thanks to how weak the yen is rn
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-11-09 14:28:03  
Ragnarok.Trixi said: »
Hm, I wonder why some items are missing from JP store, and a lot more missing from the NA store.
The Vanarium stuff is specifically from the third party (Ebten Games), and price/availability is unknown right now.
 Ragnarok.Trixi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2022-11-09 14:32:18  
Ebten Games
Any precedent for their stuff to appear on NA stores, or on PlayAsia, etc?
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-09 14:54:09  
NA store already has preorder for some. Not sure about the rest.

If they have them on the JP store and not the NA then it's probably not going to change unless they are just updating them today.
By Draylo 2022-11-09 17:52:28  
Amiami usually had the best deal. They on maintenance atm but in sure it will all end up there. SE store almost never worth it
[+]
By Zubis 2022-11-09 18:00:44  
Amiami is good but it's pretty much an account ban if you cancel a preorder fyi.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-11-09 18:49:08  
Zubis said: »
Amiami is good but it's pretty much an account ban if you cancel a preorder fyi.
This is how it used to be before covid. They have become much more lenient about cancellations now.
First Page 2 3 ... 336 337 338 ... 437 438 439