フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 338 339 340 ... 436 437 438
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-11-12 12:17:50  
They better not ban my overnight XPing buddies, I’ll be choked. Unless of course I’m banned for brewing Shinryu, then I’ll be quoting a wise man with that’s the *** way she goes.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-12 12:26:25  
Bismarck.Celerin said: »
There is no need for it other to make clearing content a little easier. Not like there is equipment that requires it (yet).

Not required, but it certainly helps. It depends on what bonuses you have going for you otherwise. I have joined a few Sortie PUGs since the basement was released. I encountered several Rangers or Corsairs who said "Oh I'm missing a lot, I need Hunter's Roll or HM" on Sortie Bosses. Without the +3 gear that gives you that accuracy buffer, hitting certain thresholds is a bit more challenging than before without buffs. Sortie sometimes uses unconventional setups, so banking on there always being someone to support you with Distract, Preludes, Hunter's, or Honor March may not be the best thing.

Everyone has gotten so used to relying on BRD/GEO/RDM/COR buffs or enfeebles, they don't realize how average their accuracy is without them. Things hit harder and are more evasive in Sortie basement, both physically and magically. The extra MLs help players who may struggle to get better gear, but can still fill the necessary stats by a "free" method via increasing their base stats through MLs.

Personally, I wouldnt stress over MLs, not right now at least, so I agree it's not required for anything right away, but it definitely makes things easier, especially if you are lacking gear/buffs. For players who are capped on those things, MLs are just a bonus.
By Nariont 2022-11-12 12:35:16  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
as it is, we're talking about people who don't want to play a part of the game that isn't fun. that's just a healthy attitude towards a hobby!

It's pretty standard MMO behavior tbh, specially in the case of heavy grinded ones such as what ML currently is described as(Korean MMOs laugh at you), its not just the fact it isnt fun, its that it takes up such a large amount of your time to do to make any meaningful progress.

I'd argue the model itself is bad but same time its what will keep some people playing as they slowly chip away at it, for multiple jobs, possibly all of them, so it works while they drip feed whatever content comes down the pipeline meanwhile, worked many times before and seems to be working "fine" still.
By Seun 2022-11-12 12:42:56  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Seun said: »
The sad truth about RMT...

"A delicate game of cat and mouse" is a much more PC response than "stop buying gil and there won't be so many people trying to sell you gil".

it is so weird to me that people acknowledge the system is shitty and then criticize the people who refuse to willingly submit to its fake rules

like, if you were all saying the ML grind was actually cool and good, no notes...well, that would be insane but i'd understand the disdain for bots. as it is, we're talking about people who don't want to play a part of the game that isn't fun. that's just a healthy attitude towards a hobby!

You'd have a point if ML were a requirement to access the portion of the game people found enjoyable. One man's healthy attitude toward a hobby is another man's denial of an addiction!
By Nariont 2022-11-12 12:54:42  
You can carry that all the way down, do you rrally need gifts? Are those merits required for content access? Not that i can immediately think of but theyre both "required" and now are a fairly short affair with all the improvements given over time. However i remember when we had this similar complaint when job points 1st released, same arguments, ML is just more xp for less reward overall once you get to the sj 60~52 for many, which is a reasonable grind
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-11-12 14:12:34  
Nariont said: »
You can carry that all the way down, do you rrally need gifts? Are those merits required for content access? Not that i can immediately think of but theyre both "required" and now are a fairly short affair with all the improvements given over time. However i remember when we had this similar complaint when job points 1st released, same arguments, ML is just more xp for less reward overall once you get to the sj 60~52 for many, which is a reasonable grind

It has nothing to do with whether it's "required". Playing FFXI isn't doing your taxes; none of it's required!

It's perfectly reasonable to just put ML50 out of your mind, or to bot it while you're off living your life in a more productive and fulfilling way. It's even worth doing in bits and pieces if, like me, you find it a fun little thing to plug away at while watching stupid TV or movies. The only thing worthy of criticism is spending dozens of hours sitting at your PC slaving away at it and hating every minute. Like, the approval of somebody who thinks that's a good and sensible way to spend your time is not something I would consider valuable!
[+]
By Serjero 2022-11-12 15:11:32  
The ML botting problem is one SE created themselves. It's a combination of creating an extremely harsh grind at the upper levels combined with a bunch of new camps that are so bot friendly it's hard to say with a straight face it wasn't intentional. Add on top of that they keep nerfing the strategies players came up with that consistently was faster, more rewarding, and required more engagement than most bots people have access to are capable of handling. Destroying the CN cleave fest, refusing to just add more cleavable camps, making Locus mobs on the whole. These were just solutions to a problem SE created themselves that created an even bigger problem. The incompetency and failure to read the playerbase is astounding, even for SE.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-11-12 16:49:54  
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-11-12 18:27:54  
Quote:
The only thing worthy of criticism is spending dozens of hours sitting at your PC slaving away at it and hating every minute.

They built the house we live in. Someone needs to knock the walls down and renovate or we gonna have to sell the house and move on.
 Asura.Melliny
サーバ: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-13 01:01:35  
It takes 2.5 million total exemplar to reach Mlvl 30, 7 million to reach Mlvl 40, and 26 million to reach Mlvl 50. Yeah, I think I'll take my Mlvl 30 and be happy with it. Only bots can grind those higher tiers. This system got really stupid in a hurry.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-11-13 01:49:45  
They are most def going to add items etc to increase our rate in the future.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-13 06:57:49  
They'll have to at this point. When capacity points first came out they were equally if not moreso inaccessible. Then s-e added so many ways to gain large amounts of capacity points via the gifts system and capes and job point campaigns and RoE objectives etc.... that it eventually became trivial. None of those multipliers existed at the start. So if they playerbase ignores exemplar grinding beyond Mlvl 20-30 like most probably will then in the future we'll probably see exemplar multipliers too.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-13 10:23:28  
I'd bet that SE deliberately started small and observed how we went about it, then added ever increasing amounts just to see what was "too much". I agree they are going to add some sort of EP boosting stuff later.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-11-13 10:36:24  
Or maybe they'll never add bonuses and mlvl 50 is just supposed to be optional grinding content meant to last until the end of the servers

For people not botting I mean
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-13 10:37:45  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Or maybe they'll never add bonuses and mlvl 50 is just supposed to be optional grinding content meant to last until the end of the servers

For people not botting I mean

Oh you must be new around here ^.^
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-13 13:22:07  
Got a loud thud and it was a god damned hope crystal.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-11-13 13:44:20  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Rips 2022-11-13 14:12:05  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

That’s an omen. Just gotta hold onto that hope.
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-11-13 14:14:23  
They're doing everything to secure the RMT job market
[+]
 Asura.Sonsuken
user: Slore
By Asura.Sonsuken 2022-11-13 15:18:29  
So much wrong with this ML RMT stance. It takes estimated 16 days if you run straight 24/7 to get ML50 from my calculations. RMT's are charging 200-250mil for this. Who in their right mind would pay that much for that much time? SO many things can go wrong in that amount of time. IE your paid rmt group disappears, they get banned, or they just tell you to piss off and you out so much gil.

I agree with a grind like this this is ridiculous and encourages so much RMT but now if you're a buyer you have to worry about all that.

If you think about it I think SE wants RMT. If you ban them, they have to buy a new code/game so thats what at least $10-30 x4 or 5, depending on if event is on, they have to pay their sub 4x-5x to build the characters, It pays SE to have RMT.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-13 15:22:37  
What's even more ironic is that we need to contextualize the amount of grind in 2022 for a MMORPG with a monthly fee.

If we were talking about 2006 I dunno, standards about what is or isn't grindy back then were different.
Or if we were talking about a free to play / freemium game, different standards as well.

But considering how MMORPG (FFXI itself, to be fair) have moved away from those standards of "grind", this thing in 2022 seems so... anachronistic.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-13 15:26:34  
They need you to stay busy. It's not this hard.

The only confusing part is why it's not 10x more exemplar. You'd do it no matter how much you claim to dislike it.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-13 15:33:38  
Eiryl you're always using the same approach whatever SE throws at us.
I'm not gonna say you're wrong, I'm the first to be (mildly) surprised at how much we are all eager to ultimately accept what they give us despite our whinings.

But it's not always like that.
Check Job Points, they were "forced" to change things.
We could list many other things that have been heavily adjusted by them over time.
How come things are different this time? That, alas, I can't tell.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-13 15:41:49  
They throw random ***at you and adjust it based on engagement. Every time. Always.

If engagement is low they do whatever it takes to get engagement up. But if you do it, they won't fix it.

You actively shoot yourself in the foot every time you do something you dislike, you are telling them you like it.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-11-13 15:52:05  
my memory of job points could be wrong, but they didnt really "change" until they were finished, what was nice with them was that they had cp+ built into the system via gifts, and while jp was getting built on there was plenty of current content to do in adoulin content/htbs, even if in adoulins case it was mostly playing the rng game, was towards the end of it that they added apex mobs, incursion added the chance of cp+cape, rhapsodies gave cp+ KIs.

With ML there's not really much current content in the same vein as ody in terms of level, which is the only event that really rewards some ep in comparison to everything else atm, and theres not much coming out new content wise to keep people engaged so it has to last until whatever the next thing is cause there's simply nothing else coming in until TVR ends afaik, unless that was sortie in which case rip.

But i would imagine youll start seeing the rate capes/rings, wouldnt even be surprised to see a nerf to the ep required after "consideration"
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-11-13 16:25:09  
Yeah, It's the classic Corpo trash take of saying sorry we learned our lesson after the fact. I talked to my friend who bots and he rather not wait and get all these ML50s now and get banned than deal with out-of-touch developers.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 338 339 340 ... 436 437 438