Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 370 371 372 ... 448 449 450
By gargurty 2023-04-03 09:15:34  
would be awesome to trade all type rema's from for example club and get one massive ultimate weapon :)
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-04-03 09:45:21  
Quote:
would be awesome to trade all type rema's from for example club and get one massive ultimate weapon :)

The Founder's Memorial
All weapon types, All jobs, All weaponskills unlocked
--Can only be equipped by Adoulin royalty
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-03 10:00:55  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Hell, I'd just like to see distortion across the board lol. They really gave no *** balancing properties.

20 fusion 20 grav 20 frag but 8 Distortion, of which 3 are lolscythe
(not really, just feels like it)

Yeah but the Distortion they do have is Rudras, Torc, Fudo, CDC/Expia.

Meanwhile RUN on GSWD has:
Spinning Slash > Frag
Ground Strike > Frag/Distortion
Resolution > Frag
Dimidiation > Frag/Light

Their idea of balance is questionable.
By Dodik 2023-04-03 16:44:10  
I guess an all jobs all weapon types all SC properties all weapon skills weapon would really be an ultimate, and quite literally final, weapon.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-04-03 17:30:46  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
as for the WS news, I hope if it is just relic ws II that they keep the SC properties. Knights of the Round is already pretty competitive with SB (particularly if you can skillchain) with an R15 Excalibur; if KoRII is even stronger than that it would finally give BLU a good Fusion option while potentially competing with Expiacion.

I kinda feel the opposite way because I main rdm and don't play blu anymore. I don't want Excalibur to become useless because the prime weapon is "KoR improved" when KoR is already competitive. Meanwhile, I'd like them to give me a gravitation option that isn't Req (really I'd like that in general for Almace, but meh).

Ideally, they do primes then consider another round of ws changes; would be nice to have a reason for Sequence.

Edit: All of above talks about sword specifically, but a lot is the same for dagger. I get Mercy Stroke, Evis, and Exent so it would be nice to have something that can light w/ Exent or Dark w/ Evis. That may or may not be useful to the other jobs on it though.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-04-03 19:56:44  
That's reasonable. I've just wanted fusion for such a long God damn time. Sucks only being able to do 2 or 3 step skillchains at most (chain affinity being reworked would've also solved this but that ship has sailed).
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-04-03 20:19:23  
Taint said: »
Last stage. Trade you i119 Relic with Prime Stage 3 for Final form.

There they fixed Relics by removing them.

Over the next 6 years the same happens with Emp,Mythic and Aeonic.

This wouldn't work strictly because some prime weaopns have different jobs than some of the relics. For example Blu is on the prime sword and not Excal.

I can't see SE going this route and expecting someone who plays Blu and wants the prime sword to now have to level a new job, in order to equip Excalibur, in order to do it's magian WS trials just to upgrade their prime weapon.
[+]
By Shenaniganz 2023-04-03 21:09:39  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
New weapon skills will be added and attached to them. Sounds like rehashes of old animations but new names. Could be wrong.
Bit late to the party here but yeah he said "new skills but with old animations."

After that he said, "They'll share animations with the Relic WSes, but their powers/effects are completely different. This is a bit of a hint (really he says "foreshadowing" in Japanese), but keep in mind that the Prime weapons themselves are dark versions of Relics. Try the WSes in-game to figure out their properties/effects."

So maybe it'll be the Relic animations with slightly different colors, or the exact same animations but with different modifiers/SC properties, or some combination of the two.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-04-03 21:22:28  
Blade: Bestu incoming!:D
[+]
By waffle 2023-04-04 08:52:09  
I wish they'd just finally let us unlock Relic weapon skills like they did for Mythic/Ergon and Empyrean.
[+]
 Cerberus.Acewarlord
By Cerberus.Acewarlord 2023-04-04 09:45:37  
just my take the prime weapons,

prime weapon absolute final form will take the trade in of a relic, empyrean, mythic, aeonic. unlocking all SC properties and WS associated within that weapons class.

stage 3 prime + relic = relic WS unlocked.
stage 4 prime + empy = occasional double/triple damage
stage 5 prime + mythic = occasional triple attack
stage 6 final prime + aeonic = 1000TP bonus & lvl4 SCs + all previous stage bonuses.

force the collection and durational game play to collect all weapons to achieve the ultimate final weapon.
By Dodik 2023-04-04 09:52:13  
FFXI, not pokemon.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-04 10:16:28  
Cerberus.Natsuhiko said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
give BLU a good Fusion!

I kinda feel the opposite way because I main rdm and don't play blu anymore. I don't want Excalibur to become useless because the prime weapon is "KoR improved" when KoR is already competitive. Meanwhile, I'd like them to give me a gravitation option that isn't Req (really I'd like that in general for Almace, but meh).

Ideally, they do primes then consider another round of ws changes; would be nice to have a reason for Sequence.

Edit: All of above talks about sword specifically, but a lot is the same for dagger. I get Mercy Stroke, Evis, and Exent so it would be nice to have something that can light w/ Exent or Dark w/ Evis. That may or may not be useful to the other jobs on it though.

I would compromise with Prime Sword doing Fusion/Dark so that everyone wins. Literally everyone who uses Sword gets access to every WS property. Between Crocea Mors/Daybreak and max enhancing magic duration, I think RDM is in a really good spot. If I wanted to get selfish I'd ask that it includes
'Main Hand: Flashga' or Flash as part of the WS effect like Uriel Blade or Flash Nova so I can keep hate easily as a RDM.

Dagger has to go Light. Evis > AE = Distortion + Evis/Mercy Stroke = Dark + Mercy Stroke = Double Dark. We're covered. DNC and BRD are not covered on Light other than Aeonic Dagger and that WS is total poo.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-04 10:19:57  
They're just going to do the opposite of what the relic has. Dark <-> Light

Any Grav will get fusion, any fusion gets grav, any distortion gets frag and any frag gets distortion.
[+]
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-04-04 10:40:27  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I would compromise with Prime Sword doing Fusion/Dark so that everyone wins. Literally everyone who uses Sword gets access to every WS property. Between Crocea Mors/Daybreak and max enhancing magic duration, I think RDM is in a really good spot. If I wanted to get selfish I'd ask that it includes
'Main Hand: Flashga' or Flash as part of the WS effect like Uriel Blade or Flash Nova so I can keep hate easily as a RDM.

Dagger has to go Light. Evis > AE = Distortion + Evis/Mercy Stroke = Dark + Mercy Stroke = Double Dark. We're covered. DNC and BRD are not covered on Light other than Aeonic Dagger and that WS is total poo.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying rdm is in a bad spot, that was just my own wishlist of what I could use on the weapon.

As for hate issues, I think that would be better served closing the absolute gulf that exists between rdm enm+ gear and the tanks. We don't even have ilvl enm+ hands, and the feet are 118. Edit: But I think they are still too afraid to do anything in this regard.

Fair enough on dagger, even though there are situations that make AE impractical.

The problem, if I was designing these weapons, is simply trying to find a niche for the weapon that isn't filled already and invalidating another weapon. Do I think SE is going to *** that up, either in the naegling way or the sequence way? Yes.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-04 11:22:10  
You can switch AE for Viper Bite and cry a little bit. You won't get AoE aggro you don't want and it's not magic if that's unattractive.

Oh yeah I trust SE do some insane mental gymnastics and leave us with nothing but questions about how they could have possibly came to that conclusion. Then in 3 months they patch it because it was a bug...but it will still be bad.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2023-04-04 13:02:56  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Taint said: »
Last stage. Trade you i119 Relic with Prime Stage 3 for Final form.

There they fixed Relics by removing them.

Over the next 6 years the same happens with Emp,Mythic and Aeonic.

This wouldn't work strictly because some prime weaopns have different jobs than some of the relics. For example Blu is on the prime sword and not Excal.

I can't see SE going this route and expecting someone who plays Blu and wants the prime sword to now have to level a new job, in order to equip Excalibur, in order to do it's magian WS trials just to upgrade their prime weapon.

Put the newer jobs on Relics already. Make Mandau and Spharai not embarassing.
Games circling maint mode, you'd think simpler tweaks like this would be something within their limited development resources.
By Meeble 2023-04-04 14:26:52  
Cerberus.Acewarlord said: »
just my take the prime weapons,

prime weapon absolute final form will take the trade in of a relic, empyrean, mythic, aeonic. unlocking all SC properties and WS associated within that weapons class.

stage 3 prime + relic = relic WS unlocked.
stage 4 prime + empy = occasional double/triple damage
stage 5 prime + mythic = occasional triple attack
stage 6 final prime + aeonic = 1000TP bonus & lvl4 SCs + all previous stage bonuses.

force the collection and durational game play to collect all weapons to achieve the ultimate final weapon.

So DRK has to make Epeo and Lionheart if they want to unlock Prime GS? The assorted ultimate weapons don't line up in a way that makes this fantasy workable.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-04-04 14:39:13  
You can switch AE for Viper Bite and cry a little bit.

I hope you didn't mean this to be as rude as it came off, because by the same token if they gave the dagger a distortion ws thfs and dncs can just use rudra's and "cry a little bit," or blu can get a sc partner and "cry a little bit."

Edit: But I think we both know and have said, we'll be lucky if only one job on the weapon is "crying a little bit."
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-04-04 14:45:48  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Put the newer jobs on Relics already. Make Mandau and Spharai not embarassing.
Games circling maint mode, you'd think simpler tweaks like this would be something within their limited development resources.

Relics are too fast and easy to make in the current era, especially compared to Empyrean and Mythic weapons. Their lack of usefulness reflects the amount of effort and time required to obtain them.

Remember, they are trying to keep people engaged and logging in to do content by dangling carrots to do so. If you can go on the AH and buy almost everything you need to finish the weapon (short of trials) then it fails to accomplish that.

The fact they point to Prime weapons taking a half year to finish due to time gates should point to where their priorities are with the resources they have. I have no doubt they want to give the player base something new and unique, but they are going to prioritize keeping people logged in regularly to achieve their goals and get these things. The stuff that doesn't require that will fall to the side.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-04 16:00:08  
Cerberus.Natsuhiko said: »
You can switch AE for Viper Bite and cry a little bit.

I hope you didn't mean this to be as rude as it came off, because by the same token if they gave the dagger a distortion ws thfs and dncs can just use rudra's and "cry a little bit," or blu can get a sc partner and "cry a little bit."

Edit: But I think we both know and have said, we'll be lucky if only one job on the weapon is "crying a little bit."

Oh no, I cry a little bit every time I use Viper Bite after Leaden Salute to make Distortion and then Leaden for Darkness on COR. It genuinely feels yucky. I don't AE so the Colibri don't swarm me when I'm burning out JPs for other people if it's solo.

I don't think there is any chance that everyone will be happy with Prime Weapons, I just hope they are trying to make anyone happy.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-04-04 16:05:47  
make a gearset for Viper Bite that stops being worried about damage and is just 100% STP. You'll feel less icky using it to connect 2 Leadens :)
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-04-04 16:14:14  
Half a year minimum grind for prime weapons makes them the hardest rema to get honestly, up there with coalition timegate for idris/epeo, except that's one and done and its sounding like its going to be 6months minimum per weapon.

I assume they want to make them pretty powerful but its hard to imagine what they'll do for them, outside of the obvious re-painting of relic ws with updated ws mods and tp growth and more than likely skillchain properties.

What I'm most curious about is the caster weapons, I find it hard to believe they are going to have job oriented stats on them if blm/sch/smn share the same weapon.

Always the possibility that they branch into job specific versions at the final rank but unlikely.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-04 16:16:26  
Their idea of "6 months" or whatever is not objective reality.

Unless it involves literally enter sortie 200 times etc. Or the new zone has a daily chore list like assault/coalitions, but there's no new city, so seems unlikely.

Someone will have 5 weapons done by winter
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-04-04 16:21:30  
SE loves their augments. Give us job-specific augment paths to please save the mage jobs with relevant weapons.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-04-04 16:54:36  
Dagger WS better be called Disemboweled
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-04 19:47:25  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
SE loves their augments. Give us job-specific augment paths to please save the mage jobs with relevant weapons.

Collect them all!

If they make them good enough, it won't matter how many we have to make or how long it takes to get there.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-04-04 20:40:41  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Their idea of "6 months" or whatever is not objective reality.

Unless it involves literally enter sortie 200 times etc. Or the new zone has a daily chore list like assault/coalitions, but there's no new city, so seems unlikely.

Someone will have 5 weapons done by winter

Could be just buy 70 xxx for 99k segments and they assumed best groups are doing around 40k. Even if you come up with some amazing route that will give you 80k segments per run, you might still be limited by 99k cap and only be able to buy 1 item per 2 runs and maybe get it 50% faster than devs assumed, but not 5 times faster.
[+]
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-04-04 20:51:53  
Oh no, I cry a little bit every time I use Viper Bite after Leaden Salute to make Distortion and then Leaden for Darkness on COR. It genuinely feels yucky. I don't AE so the Colibri don't swarm me when I'm burning out JPs for other people if it's solo.

I don't think there is any chance that everyone will be happy with Prime Weapons, I just hope they are trying to make anyone happy.

Fair enough, that's on me for reading too much into it. I agree with the last bit.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 370 371 372 ... 448 449 450