サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2023-04-04 21:48:31  
Shiva.Liam said: »
Blade: Bestu incoming!:D

Only after Tachi: Gojira
[+]
By waffle 2023-04-05 08:23:52  
Looks like the May update will be in two parts as well. Not because of the login campaign, but because they want to do the regular update stuff like ambuscade earlier in the month and the conclusion of Voracious Resurgence and the Prime weapon update later in the month since they apparently aren't finished yet.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/60643-「第65回もぎたてヴァナ・ディール」?p=652734#post652734
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-04-05 09:14:25  
Getting to the point where they can deploy multiple times a month is great. Hopefully the downtime per update drops as well, though.

Based on what they have said, the mid-month content updates probably won't be with us very long anyway, though.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-05 09:48:55  
That's just *** stupid. Delay the first, don't do two. Or push the weapons to june.

Also, minimum "off time" is like 80 minutes. It can't go lower. (according to them, don't ask me to find that post!)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-04-05 09:55:49  
I remember, it was something like "that is how long the servers take to update the DB and restart the servers!"
By Meeble 2023-04-05 10:01:49  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Their idea of "6 months" or whatever is not objective reality.

Unless it involves literally enter sortie 200 times etc. Or the new zone has a daily chore list like assault/coalitions, but there's no new city, so seems unlikely.

Someone will have 5 weapons done by winter

Could be just buy 70 xxx for 99k segments and they assumed best groups are doing around 40k. Even if you come up with some amazing route that will give you 80k segments per run, you might still be limited by 99k cap and only be able to buy 1 item per 2 runs and maybe get it 50% faster than devs assumed, but not 5 times faster.

If they add low/mid/guaranteed drops to sector bosses/Amnion and don't screw people over with the muffin cap, that's honestly not a terrible system.

Add some gear drops to bosses and some kind of sellable crafting materials to trash and Sortie would feel much more complete than it does currently.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-05 13:24:28  
Meeble said: »
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Their idea of "6 months" or whatever is not objective reality.

Unless it involves literally enter sortie 200 times etc. Or the new zone has a daily chore list like assault/coalitions, but there's no new city, so seems unlikely.

Someone will have 5 weapons done by winter

Could be just buy 70 xxx for 99k segments and they assumed best groups are doing around 40k. Even if you come up with some amazing route that will give you 80k segments per run, you might still be limited by 99k cap and only be able to buy 1 item per 2 runs and maybe get it 50% faster than devs assumed, but not 5 times faster.

If they add low/mid/guaranteed drops to sector bosses/Amnion and don't screw people over with the muffin cap, that's honestly not a terrible system.

Add some gear drops to bosses and some kind of sellable crafting materials to trash and Sortie would feel much more complete than it does currently.

But what about if they did none of that!

PLAY EVERY DAY! 6 people ONRY! PRAY TO RNGESUS FOR ALL DROPS! PRAY HARDER! Now drop the first R. Perfection.

You're going to do Sortie's broken, boring content because they are going to put Prime Weapons in it. They don't need to sweeten the pot to get that sub money. They have no motivation to make it better.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-04-05 13:47:45  
The ole se trick...

Make you put a ton of hours into something just to tell you to do it again because now your getting points for it...
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-04-05 14:48:33  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
PRAY TO RNGESUS FOR ALL DROPS! PRAY HARDER! Now drop the first R. Perfection.

I wouldn't put that past them to require a rare drop from the zone boss, but practically, I think it'll probably be a combination of both things: you need a drop but you can also buy the drop item with a lot of galli. If this wasn't the case, then I don't think they would have implemented the absurd galli cap they have in place now. They've taken lessons they learned from Odyssey and applied them to Sortie to prevent people from stashing currency then using it and never redoing the content, so they are trying to slow it down.

While I agree with him that 6 months probably isn't the consistent reality of it, he also made a point to say faster groups will get one done in half a year and that the time gate is the issue. They can be somewhat oblivious to the realities of things, but I doubt they are oblivious enough to let people get one a month. They have every motivation to drag it out and none to make it accessible, so that's probably what is going to happen, but hopefully it's a grind and not a drop only.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-04-05 14:53:32  
SE still gives MNKs gear with +subtle blow on it, and NINs with gear that has +Dual Wield. I'm not reacting to their estimation of ANYTHING regarding gameplay.
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-04-05 15:05:54  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
SE still gives MNKs gear with +subtle blow on it, and NINs with gear that has +Dual Wield. I'm not reacting to their estimation of ANYTHING regarding gameplay.
god, i'm getting flashbacks to when someone blamed me for not having enough SB on my mnk (despite having capped SB) as the reason for failing a corse ambu

just threw my hands in the air because at that point everything's my fault i guess
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-04-05 15:19:45  
Honestly the idea of having to do an hour long event every single day or else I fall behind on my Prime fills me with rancor
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-04-05 16:18:45  
Everyone's rancor, you might say
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-05 16:24:13  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Honestly the idea of having to do an hour long event every single day or else I fall behind on my Prime fills me with rancor

One simple trick; don't give a ***if it takes an extra week.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-04-05 16:34:34  
bro - ima beat bumba v25, quit ffxi and then ima play Nikke goddess of victory

Weapons cant compete with jiggle physics
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-05 17:52:21  
I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm absolutely not giving them the benefit of the doubt. My expectations will be on the floor. Just like the important half of next month's patch until their 2nd maintenance.

Maybe in half a year they can begin to turn this around, but that's not how it's been. Fujito stepping up seems unplanned and if he manages to keep the lights on for the rest of the year then he will have met my expectations. But that's not going to stop me from making comments like, I guess someone's dog ate their homework again this month. Shock
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-04-05 18:12:59  

Wouldn't be fair to say that it's.... Everyone's Rancor?

*badum bush*
[+]
By waffle 2023-04-05 19:51:25  
Asura.Iamaman said: »
I wouldn't put that past them to require a rare drop from the zone boss, but practically, I think it'll probably be a combination of both things: you need a drop but you can also buy the drop item with a lot of galli.
Well, he mentioned being able to solo it, so a boss drop seems unlikely. My guess is some new items that can come from boss drops or boxes. People who can clear the hq box conditions and beat bosses will have much higher chances to get said items. But the real hold up will presumably be galli related. With a 100k per attempt cap no matter what, and a functional cap of 1 run per day, making it a sixth month minimum is as simple as requiring somewhere in the vicinity of 18 million gallimaufry or 18 mil galli worth of items you have to buy from the npc. Either way would accomplish that time gate.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-04-05 20:36:40  
Well, there's definitely some hopeful posts here but from a long history of ffxi, this generally says it all:

Quote:
Oh yeah I trust SE do some insane mental gymnastics and leave us with nothing but questions about how they could have possibly came to that conclusion.

This is how its always been in my mind for SE implementation. I always chalk it up to they have different priorities than me that came from their internal discussion like spend a bunch of money on music (which I know a lot of yall enjoy so all good) or create content just to get money from us instead of making it fun.

I also think, they will never read a word of what is said here.

Does that matter? Not really, the base game etc has enough strength to make it enjoyable as a mmorpg despite their foibles.
[+]
By Minaras84 2023-04-07 01:46:16  
You all are assuming prime weapons will be usable in every content even tho they said they had to create the new content in order for the weapons to have sense.
I smell something similar to the early stage of the relics, when you would get the ws only in Dynamis.
By Seun 2023-04-07 04:21:13  
Minaras84 said: »
You all are assuming prime weapons will be usable in every content even tho they said they had to create the new content in order for the weapons to have sense.
I smell something similar to the early stage of the relics, when you would get the ws only in Dynamis.

I could be wrong, but I thought the devs said that the new master trial would be a good place to showcase prime weapons? I guess the master trial could be locked behind the 'battle-content' but it sounded like they could be used anywhere.
[+]
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2023-04-07 04:29:57  
To me it feels like what they mean is that since we can already clear all contents with the current available weapons, we wouldn't really be able to see how strong prime weapons are, hence why they are making more difficult Master Trials to provide more challenge where they would be needed(even tho if Prime do somehow have stronger dps than current REMA, it would definitely benefit a lot of groups for stuff like Gaol..)

I also have a feeling if they go the aeonic route and make every Prime kind of the same, it will be something like DMG limit+ 10% on all of them.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-04-07 12:05:29  
KujahFoxfire said: »
inb4 new master trial has a billion hp and primes have "Break Damage Limit"

And they take 10x more damage like voidwatch qutrub, so without Prime you will do 99k and with Prime 500k, making Primes required.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-04-07 12:12:43  
Wielding a Prime weapon in the new Master Trial unlocks your subjob!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Meeble 2023-04-07 14:49:36  

Fujito said:
After "Embryo" is completed, we will be able to enhance prime weapons, but even if we go to the trouble of creating them, they will be meaningless if there is no place to use them. On the other hand, we don't want new content that tests the power of prime weapons to be mandatory for future play, so we are planning several new master trials.

Pretty clear primes aren't exclusively for master trials, but new master trials may require prime power. What's unclear is whether that'll be some content-specific mechanic, or if finished primes are just intended to be more powerful than any current options.

There are def. some players who would still do it, but grinding 180+ hours of Sortie just to unlock some cosmetic challenge mode fights isn't going to be most people's cup of tea.
By Vaerix 2023-04-07 15:02:12  
KujahFoxfire said: »
Wielding a Prime weapon in the new Master Trial unlocks your subjob!

"prevents Subjob Restrictions" would unironically be really good for V25 lol.

Use: Completely stagger(proc) target,
1/1 (5:00 / 24:00:00/24:00:00)
Use time is 10s. Duration of stagger 30s.

Imagine 30s of freedom vs any boss and an immediate fetter removal system.
By Taint 2023-04-07 15:57:41  
Meeble said: »

Fujito said:
After "Embryo" is completed, we will be able to enhance prime weapons, but even if we go to the trouble of creating them, they will be meaningless if there is no place to use them. On the other hand, we don't want new content that tests the power of prime weapons to be mandatory for future play, so we are planning several new master trials.

Pretty clear primes aren't exclusively for master trials, but new master trials may require prime power. What's unclear is whether that'll be some content-specific mechanic, or if finished primes are just intended to be more powerful than any current options.

There are def. some players who would still do it, but grinding 180+ hours of Sortie just to unlock some cosmetic challenge mode fights isn't going to be most people's cup of tea.

Says the crowd of people that spend 180 hours for 1 STR in the past.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-04-07 16:28:43  
Taint said: »
Says the crowd of people that spend 180 hours for 1 STR in the past.

Getting that last Master Level takes a lot longer than that.
First Page 2 3 ... 371 372 373 ... 448 449 450