言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 377 378 379 ... 448 449 450
By Seun 2023-05-05 21:28:00  
Draylo said: »
Its the image and integrity of the game, in my point of view.

The game is not suffering any irreparable damage as a result of this. It's not a slippery slope to SE flooding monthly login rewards with rare and hard to obtain cosmetics.

Also, the majority of your audience here is using software and tools. How wobbly is the 'integrity' argument here? I can't hold that banner up, but good for you if you can. At the very least, we should be able to take a bad joke.
By Draylo 2023-05-05 22:06:24  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
So weird, its like people are reading but they are making the words appear how they want.

-Nobody said its prestigious to have an Aegis, its easy to get like almost everything in the game currently.

-Nobody is making a call to action, nobody is saying we should storm SE headquarters and stop the making of this shield

I am honestly am surprised this many dummies come to post crap to stop someone from writing an opinion. I literally wrote "I dont like the idea behind this shield" to have a swath of people coming out the woodwork to say "WHO CARES" in 10 different ways.

It has nothing to do with prestige or "filthy casuals" getting a lv 1 version of a relic. Its the image and integrity of the game, in my point of view.

Ask yourself,

- is it ok they add every single REMA as a lv1 vanity item and devalue the item in image and standing?

- is it ok they allow people to lockstyle to literally anything they want without obtaining it?

If you said yes to those two things, you probably don't give a ***about the games longevity, lore or probably anything.

I don't get how this is a hard concept, nor do I understand how so many people are coming to say "who cares" repeatedly. If you don't care why in the world are you trying to change an opinion, and a small passing by comment like "I dont like the idea behind this, its funny but it could have been a different color"

These whole few pages are just insane. Its like people are running with one line of comment and creating this entire fantasy.

Nearly all the Relics have reskins already or models that very similar so what is the problem? The only ones that didn't were Aegis, Ghorn, Annihilator, Ragnarok and Gungnir.

No thats not true and barely lv1 cosmetic items from login points.

That is true.

Apoc = Death Scythe and Enforcer.
Bravura = Any Bhuj there are many!
Mandau = Thief's Knife and Gusterion.
Excalibur = Hauteclaire
Guttler = Orcish Axe types.
Mjollnir = Most hammers.
Claustrum = Signet Staves etc.
Amano = GKs that you need to make it.
Spharai = Plenty of H2H including Karambit
Kikoku = Plenty of low level Katana with the same model just different colour.
Yoichi = Pretty sure the tenzen HTBF bow is the same model.

A lie is it?

None of which are lvl 1 login points rewards with smiley face on it. Most of those are quite reaching, I even said I didn't like the Mindmelter staff either when that was introduced.

Why is it so hard for people to accept others have differing opinions? Also not a single person answered my questions, thats because its an obvious answer.

Of course the people who regularly quit and don't care about the game would love the addition lol.

Seun said: »

The game is not suffering any irreparable damage as a result of this. It's not a slippery slope to SE flooding monthly login rewards with rare and hard to obtain cosmetics.

Also, the majority of your audience here is using software and tools. How wobbly is the 'integrity' argument here? I can't hold that banner up, but good for you if you can. At the very least, we should be able to take a bad joke.

I never said the game would suffer "irreparable damage". I gave my opinion, I don't like it because it *in my opinion* does hurt the image/lore of these weapons, to me. Why is this so hard to understand for you.

Also how exactly do you know they won't add more login point items that are in similar style? Why wouldn't they if everyone just loves to accept this, which goes back to my previous question if people would care if they added every REMA as a login point item.

Its a small part of it, I've been saying for a while that SE couldn't care less about the game so this just goes along with that. They don't police the game, they don't care about upholding items that had lore/history behind them. Its part of my opinion so I'm not holding any banner.
 Asura.Sabishii
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2023-05-05 22:10:07  
So weird, its like people are reading but they are making the words appear how they want.

-Nobody said its prestigious to have an Aegis, its easy to get like almost everything in the game currently.

-Nobody is making a call to action, nobody is saying we should storm SE headquarters and stop the making of this shield

I am honestly am surprised this many dummies come to post crap to stop someone from writing an opinion. I literally wrote "I dont like the idea behind this shield" to have a swath of people coming out the woodwork to say "WHO CARES" in 10 different ways.

It has nothing to do with prestige or "filthy casuals" getting a lv 1 version of a relic. Its the image and integrity of the game, in my point of view.

Ask yourself,

- is it ok they add every single REMA as a lv1 vanity item and devalue the item in image and standing?

- is it ok they allow people to lockstyle to literally anything they want without obtaining it?

If you said yes to those two things, you probably don't give a ***about the games longevity, lore or probably anything.

I don't get how this is a hard concept, nor do I understand how so many people are coming to say "who cares" repeatedly. If you don't care why in the world are you trying to change an opinion, and a small passing by comment like "I dont like the idea behind this, its funny but it could have been a different color"

These whole few pages are just insane. Its like people are running with one line of comment and creating this entire fantasy.

Nearly all the Relics have reskins already or models that very similar so what is the problem? The only ones that didn't were Aegis, Ghorn, Annihilator, Ragnarok and Gungnir.

I respectfully disagree with you.

We have "Excalipoor" with "Knights of Rotund" (it's a blow-up/foam sword, and it does have a history in FF with Gilgamesh, etc.), and the Melon Slicer GKT with the Tachi: Suikawari WS (it's Tachi: Kaiten on a lvl 1 GKT without an aftermath, it's a joke WS).

I don't remember anyone complaining about it then. Just have a laugh.
By Draylo 2023-05-05 22:15:44  
Asura.Sabishii said: »

Ask yourself,

We have "Excalipoor" with "Knights of Rotund" (it's a blow-up/foam sword, and it does have a history in FF with Gilgamesh, etc.), and the Melon Slicer GKT with the Tachi: Suikawari WS (it's Tachi: Kaiten on a lvl 1 GKT without an aftermath, it's a joke WS).

They don't take the exact same model and put a smiley face on it... that was my whole point which you seemed to have skipped. I even said they should have done something similar to Exaclipoor. I'm aware of its history in FF games. I did have a laugh, I even said its funny at the start and that I don't really like the idea behind it and would prefer its a different color.

This is insane, do you guys even read posts?

If you look at items like Mindmelter and similar, people have complained about them. Its not something new but its stupid, theres just an overwhelming "who gives a ***" energy here that seems to have to force the opinion.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-05 22:58:57  
Its 2023
If anyone wanted to lockstyle an aegis, they could for literal pennies. All it takes is PLD75 and ~20 million gil.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-05 23:04:54  
What we dont have is a frickin floating shadow lord head mount!!

Thats what the people want!! Damn SE and their planned misery. Give us shadow lord head mount!!
[+]
By Tarage 2023-05-05 23:11:56  
Ask yourself,

Yes.

Yes.

As yes, the longevity of a 20 year old game where making an Aegis can be done in a day. The lore that has 20 years worth of plotholes in it. Shaded Curse anyone? Yes, because I value how someone plays and has geared over their lockstyle, I am the insane one.

Or, maybe, just maybe, if EVERYONE ELSE IS DISAGREEING WITH YOU, maybe YOU are the ***.

But nah, that'd be impossible, right?
By Seun 2023-05-06 00:34:52  

I never said the game would suffer "irreparable damage". I gave my opinion, I don't like it because it *in my opinion* does hurt the image/lore of these weapons, to me. Why is this so hard to understand for you.

Also how exactly do you know they won't add more login point items that are in similar style? Why wouldn't they if everyone just loves to accept this, which goes back to my previous question if people would care if they added every REMA as a login point item.

Its a small part of it, I've been saying for a while that SE couldn't care less about the game so this just goes along with that. They don't police the game, they don't care about upholding items that had lore/history behind them. Its part of my opinion so I'm not holding any banner.

To answer your question, I don't want them to add RMEA replicas as rewards for login points. I would prefer that rare items retain their unique models.

I just don't see this as any more than an exception made for a joke. There's no precedent and no real reason to believe it's going to continue. I guess that's the line for me. I would care if they were obviously using rare or unique models to entice people to subscribe.

We could have a much worse login reward system that almost forces us to login or penalizes us for missing logins. It could certainly be worse than things that look hard-earned for free.
By Draylo 2023-05-06 01:51:51  
Tarage said: »
Yes.

Yes.

As yes, the longevity of a 20 year old game where making an Aegis can be done in a day. The lore that has 20 years worth of plotholes in it. Shaded Curse anyone? Yes, because I value how someone plays and has geared over their lockstyle, I am the insane one.

Or, maybe, just maybe, if EVERYONE ELSE IS DISAGREEING WITH YOU, maybe YOU are the ***.

But nah, that'd be impossible, right?

I'm an *** for having a different opinion? You can't make this up. Over a vanity item in a 20 yr old game lol

I said its insane that people *CANT READ*, to me its quite odd that so many have gotten it wrong. You are just too radical, its a video game forum. I don't care that people disagree with me, I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion and I don't need to feel like my opinion matches theirs. At the least read the damn posts instead of creating your own fantasy to respond to.

To answer your question, I don't want them to add RMEA replicas as rewards for login points. I would prefer that rare items retain their unique models.

I just don't see this as any more than an exception made for a joke. There's no precedent and no real reason to believe it's going to continue. I guess that's the line for me. I would care if they were obviously using rare or unique models to entice people to subscribe.

We could have a much worse login reward system that almost forces us to login or penalizes us for missing logins. It could certainly be worse than things that look hard-earned for free.

I would prefer the same. I said its funny but I just didn't like the idea behind it, for a few reasons I already went over but its not some huge deal. I just would have appreciated it better if the model was different, like a rust colored Aegis (from the april fools announcement, so before they showed it.)

I made one post about it and literally have people calling me an "***" for having a different opinion and having to explain myself to people who can't seem to read lol. I've had no problems with the majority of the items they add to login points, most of them are fun and I'm glad they are added. I just didn't like this one, nothing more.

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
What we dont have is a frickin floating shadow lord head mount!!

Thats what the people want!! Damn SE and their planned misery. Give us shadow lord head mount!!

This I would like, I think it would be fun.

Its 2023
If anyone wanted to lockstyle an aegis, they could for literal pennies. All it takes is PLD75 and ~20 million gil.

You could say that about almost anything in the game now. Nothing is really hard to obtain because its not as time consuming as it was and its also not hard to make gil either.. so really anything is up for a "login point special" with those expectations. There are plenty of other ideas for joke weapons that are way better than using REMAs though but at this point this argument is so tired.
 Ragnarok.Primex
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-05-06 02:23:00  
I really don't have an issue with the clown face Aegis. This is coming from someone who used to dream about that shield irl 20 years ago. I would have had issues with it in the 2010's. But now, anyone who wants one can get in a couple of days, if not a few hours. On the lore, ambience, legacy of the FF series; there has always been slapstick comical stuff like this. Especially with regards to weapons. Yojimbo and Gilgamesh for example.

Lets get Trump back in office.
Look forward to FFXVI.
Get a nice samich from Kat's Deli.
Take our meds and mutli-vitamins and move on

@Draylo:"I'm an *** for having a different opinion? You can't make this up. Over a vanity item in a 20 yr old game lol"

Nah bruh but taking this ***a little too seriously. I don't mean this in a condescending or arrogant way; get off the game for a bit and do something else. Diablo 4 around the corner. Toss yourself into that as a bridge to gtfo of FFXI for a couple of years so the dopamine chemistry in your brain settles back to some kind of normal baseline.
Worked for me.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-06 03:12:22  
You could say that about almost anything in the game now. Nothing is really hard to obtain because its not as time consuming as it was
Wrong. Regardless of infinite gil and unlimited supply of buyable materials:
Mythic in a day is not happening (Einherjar, Nyzul Tokens, redoing every assault is a couple days).
Empyrean in a day is not happening (killing 6 diff lottery NM's 21 times is anywhere between 1-3 days, VWNM's a minimum of 5 hours, Then .5-2 days to farm the 50 Visions materials, depending on NM)
Aeonic in a day is not happening (NM"s yes, beads not likely)

You can literally take a char thats never been in dyna, decide over lunch you want to lockstyle an aegis for lulz, and your char can be wearing a 75 aegis before its time to start making dinner. Go to Jeuno, farm a shield and kill boss. Go to Zvahl and trade in shield. Work on other cities but come back to Zvahl after game day and trade next stage. Finish cities. Go to Beaucedine, farm attestation, kill eye. Attestation farming might take long enough to cover the remaining 2 hour earth wait for stage 2. Go to Xarc, farm fragment. Go kill DL if you have time to spare. You're done, just gotta wait in the stage 3 1 hour wait.

From never having been in dynamis to rocking an Aegis lockstyle in 5 hours max.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2023-05-06 04:23:29  
You guys forget about excalipoor?
 Bahamut.Drumskull
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2023-05-06 04:27:47  
Asura.Sabishii said: »

Ask yourself,

They don't take the exact same model and put a smiley face on it... that was my whole point which you seemed to have skipped. I even said they should have done something similar to Exaclipoor. I'm aware of its history in FF games. I did have a laugh, I even said its funny at the start and that I don't really like the idea behind it and would prefer its a different color.

This is insane, do you guys even read posts?

If you look at items like Mindmelter and similar, people have complained about them. Its not something new but its stupid, theres just an overwhelming "who gives a ***" energy here that seems to have to force the opinion.
Didint absoulute virtue have a gkt with relic model too ?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-06 05:42:29  
No? Futsu no Mitama was its own model, it was an incredibly good GKT at level 75, rivaling Ama no murakumo, and instead of the vaguely chinese-sword look of many rare GKT (Relic, Aeonic, or the strange look of Empy lol) it had the classic look of a real japanese katana.

I think by now multiple weapons share the same model but at the time Futsu was the only one with its model?
Altough it was a pretty "bland" model, nothing particularly fancy or special.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-06 06:39:47  
Jesus Christ. Some dumb ***gets "debated" from time to time but damn.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2023-05-06 06:44:28  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Jesus Christ. Some dumb ***gets "debated" from time to time but damn.

Pretty much the reason I rarely post on the forums now.
By Draylo 2023-05-06 08:07:08  
Yikes, someone is off their meds

Asura.Thunderjet said: »

No it was explained over 5 times already.

You could say that about almost anything in the game now. Nothing is really hard to obtain because its not as time consuming as it was
Mythic in a day is not happening (Einherjar, Nyzul Tokens, redoing every assault is a couple days).
Empyrean in a day is not happening (killing 6 diff lottery NM's 21 times is anywhere between 1-3 days, VWNM's a minimum of 5 hours, Then .5-2 days to farm the 50 Visions materials, depending on NM)

You can literally take a char thats never been in dyna, decide over lunch you want to lockstyle an aegis for lulz, and your char can be wearing a 75 aegis before its time to start making dinner. Go to Jeuno, farm a shield and kill boss. Go to Zvahl and trade in shield. Work on other cities but come back to Zvahl after game day and trade next stage. Finish cities. Go to Beaucedine, farm attestation, kill eye. Attestation farming might take long enough to cover the remaining 2 hour earth wait for stage 2. Go to Xarc, farm fragment. Go kill DL if you have time to spare. You're done, just gotta wait in the stage 3 1 hour wait.

Whats "wrong" about what I said?

-none of them are really hard to obtain

-its not as time consuming as it was

Both of those things are true. To you an item doesn't qualify as being cared about given this treatment unless it takes x amount of time? REMA have always been iconic and a touchy subject, its not unreasonable to have an opinion against this.
By Thunderjet 2023-05-06 10:58:25  
Asura.Sechs said: »
No? Futsu no Mitama was its own model, it was an incredibly good GKT at level 75, rivaling Ama no murakumo, and instead of the vaguely chinese-sword look of many rare GKT (Relic, Aeonic, or the strange look of Empy lol) it had the classic look of a real japanese katana.

I think by now multiple weapons share the same model but at the time Futsu was the only one with its model?
Altough it was a pretty "bland" model, nothing particularly fancy or special.
Bro am sure it looks like amano i think it just had a diffrent handle/ recolor
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-06 11:05:56  
Uuuuh I think you're right, I might have been mixing things up with Kogarasumaru.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-05-06 11:58:00  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Uuuuh I think you're right, I might have been mixing things up with Kogarasumaru.

Yup Futsuno is the Amano model. There is a screen shot of it on here.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-06 15:20:56  

Both of those things are true. To you an item doesn't qualify as being cared about given this treatment unless it takes x amount of time? REMA have always been iconic and a touchy subject, its not unreasonable to have an opinion against this.
Its wrong because I literally said if someone wanted to lockstyle an Aegis, they could do it in a couple hours for literal pennies (the cost of someone buying the gil required). The same cannot be said for a mythic, an ergon, an aeonic, nor an empyrean
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2023-05-06 16:06:50  
If Aegis is causing this much of a stir just imagine what winky face Duban will do.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-05-06 17:53:55  
Don't you understand? If people can't see how cool he is in a 20 year old MMO how will he be cool enough to get the giiiiirls?
By Blazed1979 2023-05-06 17:54:17  
an ergon
this shouldn't be here. All the others are trivial. even for returning players. But ergon weapons.. lol it will be 9 months by the time my Idris is done.
By Tarage 2023-05-06 17:55:38  
To be fair, make one Ergon, get the other for nearly free.
By Draylo 2023-05-06 17:56:26  

Its wrong because I literally said if someone wanted to lockstyle an Aegis, they could do it in a couple hours for literal pennies (the cost of someone buying the gil required). The same cannot be said for a mythic, an ergon, an aeonic, nor an empyrean

None of what I said in that quote is wrong. You're entitled to your opinion but base REMA are not "hard" to obtain and it wasn't the main part of why I thought it was a bad idea. If Gil is the metric for caring about an item or not then a lot of things could be considered up for grabs to be put on that list. The truth is most just couldn't care less what they put on a login point item. Even if it was a base REMA at this point.

In my opinion its more about the history of the item and lore behind it. Not some Gil or time gate requirement.

Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
If Aegis is causing this much of a stir just imagine what winky face Duban will do.

There is no stir. Its just a bunch of people annoyed someone has a different opinion and they are trying to force them to change the opinion or personally attack them directly lol. Good old debate tactics there.
 Cerberus.Stereo
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Stereo 2023-05-06 18:02:02  
This thread is all like
[+]
By Draylo 2023-05-06 18:03:50  
Yeah from people who can't read apparently. If anyone thinks this is about being proud to have an Aegis in 2023 in a 20 year old game, they aren't reading. They are inventing things to respond to because nobody said that at any point. The truth is, this has nothing to do with Aegis. Just a bunch of angry nerds personally attacking people directly over an opinion about a vanity item.
First Page 2 3 ... 377 378 379 ... 448 449 450