フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 379 380 381 ... 448 449 450
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-16 13:54:51  
If only you could check a post or two on the page before you post, I guess we'll never know.

Always the damned page.

Ragnarok.Gennss said: »
Do we know what they changed in the update?

The "." issue on roe's
[+]
By Draylo 2023-05-16 14:12:11  
Quote:
Starting this spring, we significantly scaled down development to create a more realistic roadmap for the game. Though the amount of new content will gradually decline over time, we're cooking up some new things that should help keep you motivated to play. We'll also continue to perform maintenance on the game, so Vana'diel's not going anywhere!

Hope this isn't like something dumb like those seasonal events where everyone participates or something.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-05-16 14:15:10  
Draylo said: »
Quote:
Starting this spring, we significantly scaled down development to create a more realistic roadmap for the game. Though the amount of new content will gradually decline over time, we're cooking up some new things that should help keep you motivated to play. We'll also continue to perform maintenance on the game, so Vana'diel's not going anywhere!

Hope this isn't like something dumb like those seasonal events where everyone participates or something.
Prime Weapons and capped Nyame will be available in AMAN Trove
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-16 14:16:56  
They've got it planned out that you'll be zealoting sortie every day for the next 4 years, minimum.

That's "motivation to play"

You might even get one +2 earring by then, just in time for Dark Matter +1 augments.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-16 14:17:04  
They did mention wanting to add more events like seasonal events and conquest contests and ***, so...
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-16 14:18:38  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
They've got it planned out that you'll be zealoting sortie every day for the next 4 years, minimum.

That's motivation for me to go play....something else.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-16 14:21:27  
Asura.Iamaman said: »

You're the outlier, same zombies will be doing it in 2030 still complaining about it, but still doing it.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-16 14:26:39  

You're the outlier, same zombies will be doing it in 2030 still complaining about it, but still doing it.

I was mostly kidding, I'm sure I'll be right there too. They'll likely be wheeling me into the gaming room at the nursing home going "ok grandpa" while I talk about how Prime weapons take too long.
[+]
By Atusuki 2023-05-16 14:29:17  
There was a Freshly Picked this morning.

June Ambuscade

TVR mission location:

Sortie:
- Octahedrite
- Hexahedrite
- Mesosiderite
- Gallimaufry

Records of Eminence:
- Voracious Psyche

Gallimaufry Cap increase:

Aria of Passion:

- Effect value for physical damage limit is 1-5%, varies by skill.
- Effect time 120 seconds.

New Merch
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-16 14:34:56  
That 100m galli cap is concerning
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-16 14:36:50  

Every. Day. For. Four. Years. Concerning.
(No one wants just one weapon)
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-16 14:37:53  

Every. Day. For. Four. Years. Concerning.

Yea, that part about me joking above might not be joking anymore.

That said, it's also possible segments have some obscenely high cap we've not reached before and weren't told about, so maybe they are just bringing it in line with that. It does seem oddly high though.
[+]
By LightningHelix 2023-05-16 14:46:57  
Lili said: »
LightningHelix said: »
setting it to 0 on my character, weirdly, does not crash, but also doesn't go into effect until I hit config safe
setting it globally to 0 is NOT fine and crashes on any zone line.

This is known behavior, having uncapped framerate during zone transitions will make the game think minutes are passing without you entering the new zone, and timeout you. This is because, as common in the ps2 era, the game timing is tied to framerate for a certain number of things, and a blackscreen can be rendered easily at 200-300 fps. If you have fps display active, you can see numbers with 3 or even 4 digits!
This is in-goddamn-credible and I'm so glad I ran into it at this exact, specific moment in time.

...also what on earth changed the value in my config plugin to hit that? The world will never know!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-16 16:44:48  
Galli cap going up confirms my hypothesis. It was kept low to stop us from hoarding ahead of time for primes.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2023-05-16 17:50:44  
That

DON'T THINK
I'M FORCING YOU

shirt has some weird subliminal messaging and I do not like it! :(
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-16 18:12:18  
Creecreelo said: »
That

DON'T THINK
I'M FORCING YOU

shirt has some weird subliminal messaging and I do not like it! :(

Symbols are everything

EDIT: even the caps lock adds another layer of meaning
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-16 19:26:03  
Pretty sure I got cancer from reading that
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-05-16 19:33:41  
Regarding the 100 million galli limit: JP players were having flashbacks of the 50,000 alexandrite requirement. In the freshly picked, almost all comments were "life imprisonment" and "people have lifespans" lol.

Fujito mentions that prime weapons were designed to be able to be a solo grind, and "think of it as another thing you can do every day because Sortie is limited in number of entries daily".

The last stage is particularly painful.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-16 19:36:57  
Bunch of stage 4s it is
[+]
By Rips 2023-05-16 20:26:29  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Regarding the 100 million galli limit: JP players were having flashbacks of the 50,000 alexandrite requirement. In the freshly picked, almost all comments were "life imprisonment" and "people have lifespans" lol.

Fujito mentions that prime weapons were designed to be able to be a solo grind, and "think of it as another thing you can do every day because Sortie is limited in number of entries daily".

It's funny because I remember learning about that through the history of FFXI info.
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-05-16 21:28:36  
fujito/matsui @ all the haters complaining about having to do this for four years

[+]
By Vaerix 2023-05-17 01:13:00  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »

Positive note, if this is "designed to be able to be a solo grind" it kinda removes the possibility for the sortie mega boss or likely any of the basement bosses to be a strict requirement to complete. Other than possibly E, I don't think the bosses are solo able with 3 minute you're dead timers.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-17 01:22:17  
Vaerix said: »
I don't think the bosses are solo able with 3 minute you're dead timers.
I don't think they're easily solable (by average players at least) but I think only G boss has a strict "3 mins or you're dead" timer?
I mean other bosses, like F for instance, can get incredibly annoying if you let them stay alive for too long, so we could talk about getting to the same end "indirectly", but only G boss has a straight "kill" move used at the 3 mins mark, if I recall?

I share, and like me many others before us, your opinion on Aminon and the other basement bosses though. If SE confirms their statement of Prime weapons being theoretically soloable, then of course they can't be requirements, just means for faster farming.
(note: "IF", for all we know SE could've changed their stance)

This leads me to think the prime currency required will be Gallimaufry. And other items which can drop from basement chests/bosses, but that can also be bought with Gallimaufry.
Maybe some will be sellable as well? We'll see.

Incoming Case+2 for 500k Galli lmao.
If we are to believe what they told us before, Prime Weapons should require something like ~7 millions of Gallimaufry.
They mentioned ~6 months for one Prime.
Assuming 40k per run, 31 days, 6 months, that's over 7 mils of Gallimaufry, I reduced it to 7m assuming skipping a few days over the course of 6 months.
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-05-17 02:01:02  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I don't think they're easily solable (by average players at least) but I think only G boss has a strict "3 mins or you're dead" timer?
I mean other bosses, like F for instance, can get incredibly annoying if you let them stay alive for too long, so we could talk about getting to the same end "indirectly", but only G boss has a straight "kill" move used at the 3 mins mark, if I recall?

I share, and like me many others before us, your opinion on Aminon and the other basement bosses though. If SE confirms their statement of Prime weapons being theoretically soloable, then of course they can't be requirements, just means for faster farming.

This leads me to think the prime currency required will be Gallimaufry. And other items which can drop from basement chests/bosses, but that can also be bought with Gallimaufry.

If we are to believe what they told us before, Prime Weapons should require something like ~7 millions of Gallimaufry.
Assuming 40k per run, 31 days, 6 months, that's over 7 mils of Gallimaufry, I reduced it to 7m assuming skipping a few days over the course of 6 months.

Sorry, you're right E and F both don't have kill timers, just G, H, and Mega.

Maybe 6 Months will be the benchmark for soloing the primes, and maybe incentivize the harder content by giving them guaranteed drops of some of the harder currencies?

The fact that Voracious Psyche is connected to an RoE objective is concerning though, that could be the entire time-gate depending on its use/purpose. IE: Stage 3 requires 1, stage 4 requires 2, stage 5 requires 3, chuck it on a monthly RoE and you have a mandatory 6 month time gate.

Idk. Stupid 2 part update leaving so many unanswered questions.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-17 02:04:38  
You're wrong!!!1one!
Voracious Psyche will be used to get the new rings and swap them!!1one!

I dunno man, you could be right.
Altough raising the Galli cap so much kinda leads me to believe it's gonna have a big role in the Prime Weapons eh.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-05-17 03:04:08  
Ooh need the merch

They uploaded this too lol, maybe the reason they changed the mapping thing

YouTube Video Placeholder

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-05-17 05:38:08  
Asura.Sechs said: »

I could see a stage costing 500,000
Next stage 1,500,000
Then 5,000,000 on the finale

Seems pretty steep to my. My team is damn near burned out on it as s is
[+]
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2023-05-17 05:38:35  
I find it hard to believe they'll do something like an obnoxious amount of Galli for upgrades. That would lock you out of upgrading Empyrean gear if you were pursuing a weapon. I could see you speeding up the process by buying the currency needed to upgrade from the Gobbie but I imagine it'll require a bunch of stones (that drop just like Eikon does now) and some galli (10k-100k) to upgrade.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-17 05:51:52  
Could be cool, altough with pros and cons, if some of the stones/mats required for various Prime Stages, could be obtained by different sources.
To provide an example:

1) Chance to drop from chests/bosses in the Basement
2) Tradeable and/or sellable on AH (not Ex)
3) Buyable through Gallimaufry from the Gobbie

This would give an incentive for people to keep doing sortie, since most people are probably done with the Empy+3 upgrades. I have 14 jobs and I'm almost done myself so...

It would also play well in synergy with the other currently existing incentive to keep doing Sortie, that is the +1/+2 earrings.
Which alone is clearly not attractive enough for the majority of people, with the current rates.

If they really decide they want to make those stones Ex and not tradeable (which is not necessarily "bad", just different pros and cons), then I hope they will implement a trade-back mechanic. Where you can trade the stones/mats to the Goblin and receive some Gallimaufry in return.
This could also play well to offer some modest incentive to make people keep doing Sortie for a long time.

Of course they could also mix things up, by making some mats Ex and some Tradeable/Sellable and each Prime upgrade requiring different amounts of both types.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 379 380 381 ... 448 449 450