フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 381 382 383 ... 448 449 450
 Asura.Melliny
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-05-19 06:58:03  
Has anyone run any numbers to compare Cornelia’s ting with lehko’s ring btw? I’m curious to know how they fare against one another.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-19 06:58:27  
Lili said: »
I think we're all overthinking the Gallimaufry cap. I'd say it's likely going to end up similar to eschan silt, where the cap is similarly humongous but there's no reason ever to work to cap - sure, a primeval brew in escha is 11m silt and you can grind for it if you want, but also you don't really need to do it.

We'll see next week I guess.

Reasonably sure everyone is on the same page. No one thinks you're going to need 100 million for one item, but that needing millions total will be part of it.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-05-19 07:00:36  
Asura.Melliny said: »
Cornelia’s ting

Well now. That is certainly a reward.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-05-19 07:49:08  
Yeah, both Cornelia's Ring and Lehko Habhoka's Ring are very impressive. I'd like to know how they stack up against one another. They serve different purposes but I think both should have similar effects on dps output.

It's worth noting is that Monk and Pup are the only two jobs that can wear both Niqmaddu and Gere Ring, so Lehko's isn't as important of a TP piece for them. However, because of the way H2H weaponskills work cornelia's ring is also much less impactful for their weaponskills than it is for other jobs, and they do get victory smite, which lehko's is a lot better for.

Basically, every job wants both rings, but you're only gonna be able to pick one. So is better to pick the improved TP ring with a white damage boost, which in turn does also impact weaponskill numbers by building tp more effeciently, or is it better to pick the ring that just gives 5% more WSD than epa ring? We have so much WSD with nyame and our JSE capes nowadays that I'm not sure how impactful upgrading epamonondas's ring to cornelia's is over just getting a better tp ring.

I suspect the two are fairly similar in performance actually, but I'd be curious to know what someone gets when they run some numbers on the two.
[+]
By Taint 2023-05-19 08:54:55  
They are extremely close and as you stated it depends on your job preference spread.

I'm still torn. We'll be able to swap them with a 500k Galli penalty lol.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-19 10:01:40  
What's been confirmed by SE on the rings at this point (how many we can get, penalty for changing, etc)?
[+]
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-05-19 10:13:00  
Nothing. They're datamined.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-05-19 10:15:02  
Asura.Melliny said: »
I suspect the two are fairly similar in performance actually, but I'd be curious to know what someone gets when they run some numbers on the two.

Even if Cornelia's pulls ahead on paper, I'd prefer the Lehko's. It just seems like it opens up so many possibilities for TP sets across a wide array of jobs. With the 10% crit, I'm hoping to go back to a more crit-focused AM set for Twash THF while not sacrificing STP in the slot. The 10% haste is going to do wonders for my DRK Lib AM build as well.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-19 10:39:02  
Asura.Sensarity said: »
Nothing. They're datamined.

I know the rings themselves were, I meant the conditions around them (how many we can obtain, if we can change, penalty for changing, etc)? Was that info in the dats also?
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-05-19 10:45:15  
Wouldn't ephr ring be best choice for (most ws) over Cornelia? PDL is huge in Fudo/Savage Blade.
By Nariont 2023-05-19 10:49:06  
You have to be able to use the pdl however which on content with nerfed geomancy can be a trial when a job is already heavy on pdl
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-19 11:04:41  
The pdl ring is better than cornelia's regardless. Swap armor pieces out to fit the ring in. PDL is a sliding scale, it's not every single piece of PDL or zero pieces of PDL.

Unless you exclusively do magic ws's. Or do everything with trusts, of course.

Bonus, you can swap out kareiyh, if you had that.
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-05-19 11:45:35  
With the new 100M muffin cap around the corner, I can totally see SE adding +1 cases to be able to be purchased for like.... 400k muffins? lol
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-05-19 11:51:01  
This is what I was thinking. With the exception of magical WSs the PDL ring is almost always better.

Sroda Ring would not be so noticeable otherwise.
By Taint 2023-05-19 12:05:23  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The pdl ring is better than cornelia's regardless. Swap armor pieces out to fit the ring in. PDL is a sliding scale, it's not every single piece of PDL or zero pieces of PDL.

Emp+3 has so much -DT on it. My Dring gets a lot less use now, not sure a Dring+1 is that great.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-19 12:56:22  
I dunno, I'm pretty torn myself on the rings.
Mostly between

1) Cornelia (WSD)
2) Ephramad (PDL & stats)
3) Lehko (crit/haste/stp)

My comments under spoiler.
I think 2) has the highest potential of these 3, but the fact it's hard to safely estabilish situations where you benefit from those and/or having to multiply most of my sets by adding yet another manual trigger, makes me extremely cold about it.

1) and 3) instead are super simple in their use/situations.

Atm I'm definitely leaning for Cornelia but I honestly am very torn between these 3.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-19 13:01:14  
Just like you're "supposed" to have 3+ tiered acc sets, you're going to need (should already have) 3+ tiered att sets.

No acc, some acc, more acc, a shitload of acc
Not capped, capped and some PDL, capped and more PDL, all of the pdl
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-05-19 13:07:19  
Just like you're "supposed" to have 3+ tiered acc sets, you're going to need (should already have) 3+ tiered att sets.

Not quite to the same degree, but I have separate (normal, PDL, and v25-specific) LUAs for most of my jobs I play regularly.
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-05-19 15:24:16  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I dunno, I'm pretty torn myself on the rings.
Mostly between

1) Cornelia (WSD)
2) Ephramad (PDL & stats)
3) Lehko (crit/haste/stp)

My comments under spoiler.
I think 2) has the highest potential of these 3, but the fact it's hard to safely estabilish situations where you benefit from those and/or having to multiply most of my sets by adding yet another manual trigger, makes me extremely cold about it.

1) and 3) instead are super simple in their use/situations.

Atm I'm definitely leaning for Cornelia but I honestly am very torn between these 3.

I'm less torn up about cornelia and more about fickblix ring. Replicating fTP WS's always love DA so why not just throw another 10% for every job. The subtle blow is nothing to scoff at either.

But moreso SMN, PUP and BST a raw 10% damage on pet is pretty insane, The extra 10-20 damage on wyvern breaths I guess could be mentioned too... rofl.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-21 12:14:36  

You're telling me you have 16 sets for TP for each of your jobs, and 16 sets for each WS for each of your jobs?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-21 12:26:58  
*** no I don't, I'm not a zealot. At worst I use "I can hit that" and "god damn, I can't hit anything!" tp sets and absolutely zero ws sets based on buffs.

You're supposed to. You care enough to fret over 1 dps. I'll full time a tp set and lose zero sleep over it.
[+]
By drakefs 2023-05-21 13:06:33  
Asura.Sechs said: »
ou're telling me you have 16 sets for TP for each of your jobs, and 16 sets for each WS for each of your jobs?

Realistically, you are going to have your best TP set, your best ACC set, a general WS set and specific WS sets. It also depends on what you are doing. If you are pushing hard through Sortie or Odyssey, you may need to build something in between max TP and max ACC to progress. If you are farming them, you are probably back to one TP set to rule them all.
By Meeble 2023-05-22 13:29:15  
For those leaning towards Ephramad's Ring, which content are you expecting it to perform well for?

I'm sure it'll top the spreadsheets and sims under ideal conditions, but from a practical perspective the PDL feels like extra damage in situations where you already have more than enough damage.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-05-22 13:35:49  
*** no I don't, I'm not a zealot. At worst I use "I can hit that" and "god damn, I can't hit anything!" tp sets and absolutely zero ws sets based on buffs.

You're supposed to. You care enough to fret over 1 dps. I'll full time a tp set and lose zero sleep over it.

Damnit, I don’t wanna agree with eiryl, but….

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-22 21:54:19  
Taint said: »

Emp+3 has so much -DT on it. My Dring gets a lot less use now, not sure a Dring+1 is that great.

This, "50% DT" is just table stakes nowadays, it's become more about DEF / MDB / HP / MEVA for survival and hybrid sets.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-23 06:22:34  
Meeble said: »
For those leaning towards Ephramad's Ring, which content are you expecting it to perform well for?

I'm sure it'll top the spreadsheets and sims under ideal conditions, but from a practical perspective the PDL feels like extra damage in situations where you already have more than enough damage.

It's an accuracy piece with WS stats (not VIT) that lets you play with PDL. If you have 3 mules that are buffers, it's the ring for you...
By Dodik 2023-05-23 06:43:47  
Meeble said: »

I don't see more PDL worthwhile in current end game content, Odyssey NMs, Sortie.

In other content where you are attack capped already, will more dmg make a huge difference?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-23 07:20:55  
Don't view it as "more PDL"

PDL "here" means more WSD "there"

You don't get 10 str and 10 wsd on any other ring, it's the clear winner. Asterisks withstanding.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-05-23 08:34:11  
It's "potentially more WSD" though isn't it?

I get the point, but the requirements to use that potential are there and not likely to be met in current end game content.
First Page 2 3 ... 381 382 383 ... 448 449 450