フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 412 413 414 ... 433 434 435
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-01 21:34:00  
ITT: Dozens of people who think writing a joke takes as much effort as making content for a PS2 MMORPG.
[+]
By fractalvoid 2024-04-01 21:50:53  
at least they took the effort to even make the jokes.

i think where our options are essentially nothing, or jokes... ill take jokes, even if some people aren't a fan. them doing nothing/acknowledging nothing is something i'd interpret as worse than them making an april fools joke
[+]
By Draylo 2024-04-01 22:19:02  
I still want my shadow lord head mount
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-04-01 22:26:48  
Seun said: »
So the 'fake' update is on April fools, but the real update is also on april fools... despite the 'real' update announcement saying it's not? What *** is this?

Timezone shenanigans. In Yurop, Fools update was on the 1st and actual update is on the 2nd. Same in Japan.
By Zehira 2024-04-01 22:50:09  
Cerberus.Dekar said: »
They put more effort into this than anything post-TVR. It's not even funny, it's just obnoxious. It just makes me hate the people making decisions about this game more and more. They're out of their *** minds if they think I'm going to FFXIV or any other garbage they put out.

Nothing you can do. No more PS2 devkits (Fujito is probably the last person available doing the Japanese audience more favor). FFXIV is a business and it's still going very strong without you. Not Yoshi's fault that Tanaka failed.

FFXI could just switch to an offline version if there are enough demands for that.
By Seun 2024-04-01 23:19:21  
Lili said: »
So the 'fake' update is on April fools, but the real update is also on april fools... despite the 'real' update announcement saying it's not? What *** is this?

Timezone shenanigans. In Yurop, Fools update was on the 1st and actual update is on the 2nd. Same in Japan.

Would everyone still get the update at the same time if the earth wasn't flat?
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-02 05:08:04  
Lili said: »

Would everyone still get the update at the same time if the earth wasn't flat?

Stop trying to give people brain cancer
By IGDC 2024-04-02 07:23:09  
fractalvoid said: »
at least they took the effort to even make the jokes.

i think where our options are essentially nothing, or jokes... ill take jokes, even if some people aren't a fan. them doing nothing/acknowledging nothing is something i'd interpret as worse than them making an april fools joke

them spending more time on a joke post than the actual update for the month is what you're looking for? Because you'll take jokes, but they turned around the same day and gave nothing for the actual update.
By Nariont 2024-04-02 07:36:43  
Zehira said: »
FFXI could just switch to an offline version if there are enough demands for that.

They'd need to prove it was financially viable to work on and as is even if it was, you still generate more revenue over time just by keeping the toaster running and that costs next to nothing
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-02 08:18:02  
People who are 'upset' about the effort they spent on april fools are just using it as a proxy to be upset they aren't bothering with the game. The real update having (1) bug fix (do we even know what it is..?) and nothing else is disappointing to anyone. It would've been disappointing whether or not they made the april fools post.

We don't know who makes those posts, or if it's someone who could actually be doing content. There wasn't much reference to anything recent either, it's possible someone made a few years worth of them ahead of time (maybe they had a brainstorming session for it when they still cared about the game and had more ideas than needed). Regardless, none of what the game actually needs could be fixed in the time or effort put into that post.
[+]
By jubes 2024-04-02 08:21:43  
agreed, some of ya'll go out of your way to find a reason to be mad when we all know what to expect by now. anything beyond ambu rotation is a bonus at this point.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-02 08:40:29  
NA playerbase displaying their main character syndrome again.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-02 10:22:51  
Well.... You cannot tell me that the April fools joke took less effort than fixing the Storage Slips.

And yet, the Storage Slips will remain unfixed.

So if you weren't "upset" that they were *** around instead of doing something that mattered, "now" you have a reason. Being unable to identify your slip is a real pain in the ***. (if you sort they are in order... but still) Sure, the 20 people who frequent ah.com are set, but everyone else?

Had they not been *** around trying to be cute, they could've been verifying the files weren't broken before they went out live.

(Before you try the "different person" excuse, yes, different people did different tasks, but the same *** approves them all, he's the problem)
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-02 10:48:21  
Eiryl thinks everyone who plays FFXI uses windower and all their plugins. By that logic, the storage slips being incorrectly listed as "." in game doesnt matter since everyone uses windower, therefor have access to the windower plugin itemizer. Using this plugin, I can pull the proper storage slip into my inventory and/or move it to the bottom of my inventory by doing "//get storage slip ## 1". Ergo, the storage slips being corrupted and displaying as "." should have no impact on every FFXI player.

Also the storage slips were fixed. They just, for whatever dumbass reason, broke it again, in the exact same way.
 Asura.Cossack
user: sandman16
By Asura.Cossack 2024-04-02 10:53:49  
The *** broke the game again. I wonder how long it will take them to fix it this time.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-04-02 12:31:02  
Just don't swap gear you filthy elitists, geez!
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-04-02 12:51:49  
leave 'em broke. It truly affects NO ONE. Either you have never used PorterPacker so only touch slips to perma-store something, and are having a good laugh "at those nasty botters"....

Or you DO use PorterPacker and realize it still works fine without displayed names on the storage slips.

Yup. For those who jump into this thread every time it happens to mock the filthy botters, just know all is fine, requires no update, and we're still easily moving gear around just fine.

The 2 people it still affects are the bitter clingers who manually use the Porter Moogles. For those folk, its hell. But its hell to use those things manually under ideal conditions, this is just a deeper circle.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-04-02 13:00:03  
YOuz SHUDz lerN to pray dis GAmE VANIllaa u chhetah!...
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-04-02 13:16:45  
Godfry said: »
YOuz SHUDz lerN to pray dis GAmE VANIllaa u chhetah!...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-04-02 13:21:05  
It's funny even though I know there's no big things coming etc, I'm getting the itch again for Richybard *doot doot*
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-02 13:21:36  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Either you have never used PorterPacker so only touch slips to perma-store something, and are having a good laugh "at those nasty botters"....
I really doubt this. There are plenty of people who play full vanilla or don't understand how to use addons past the basics.

Or you DO use PorterPacker and realize it still works fine without displayed names on the storage slips.
Except, it only does so because Windower has static resources instead of reading the game files. It doesn't entirely remove issues for them either; whatever automated process they use to generate the static resources has to be edited afterwards to include the storage slips(or if they leave it unupdated, any new items cause things to crash.. such as the impish box last time). Ashita reads the game files directly, so Ashita porter addons won't work until you fix the dat.

I'm sure the post was at least somewhat tongue in cheek, but it also looks sloppy as ***and new users can't see what they're buying when getting slips from the moogle. It was obviously an honest mistake, but it's still bad when a patch that didn't even add anything new manages to break things.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-02 13:36:16  
Sounds like windower > ashita
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-04-02 13:45:52  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Either you have never used PorterPacker so only touch slips to perma-store something, and are having a good laugh "at those nasty botters"....
I really doubt this. There are plenty of people who play full vanilla or don't understand how to use addons past the basics.

Except, it only does so because Windower has static resources instead of reading the game files. It doesn't entirely remove issues for them either; whatever automated process they use to generate the static resources has to be edited afterwards to include the storage slips(or if they leave it unupdated, any new items cause things to crash.. such as the impish box last time). Ashita reads the game files directly, so Ashita porter addons won't work until you fix the dat.

I'm sure the post was at least somewhat tongue in cheek, but it also looks sloppy as ***and new users can't see what they're buying when getting slips from the moogle. It was obviously an honest mistake, but it's still bad when a patch that didn't even add anything new manages to break things.

It does look sloppy as ***, and it speaks volumes about the care taken by whatever remains as a "staff" for XI....but trust me the bassoonist Cele don't give a damn as long as when he changes from RDM to COR ***works ;)

(I think my tongue just dug an actual hole thru this cheek its in there so aggressively)
By drakefs 2024-04-02 14:13:46  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Well.... You cannot tell me that the April fools joke took less effort than fixing the Storage Slips.

The assumption that a dev wrote the April fools post seems unrealistic.

So the time spent on the post is not the same as time spent fixing bugs. I don't mind people being angry that SE is not spending more dev time on FFXI but lets not conflate a community rep post with taking away dev time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-04-02 14:16:04  
drakefs said: »

So the time spent on the post is not the same as time spent fixing bugs. I don't mind people being angry that SE is not spending more dev time on FFXI but lets not conflate a community rep post with taking away dev time.

You're quite right- the counter argument being that both are the result of SE's money, and where they put their money shows their priority. And for a long time, PR and talk has been a much bigger priority than customer service or quality of product.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-02 14:29:06  
I'm enjoying petty discussions being in the petty discussion threads instead ones where people are legitimately looking for help(not spamming topics they could easily look up themselves on a wiki).

Have a wonderful "patch day"
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-02 14:42:07  
Tweedle Dum keeps sayin “ the storage slips were never fixed”. The storage slips were broken in the Nov 2024 patch (maybe it was October? I dont care to double check) and were fixed and in working order for the next few updates until they were broken again in this April 2024 patch.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-02 14:44:12  
We could have had a XIV inspired raid in Erozea, instead we got an april fools post :(
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-02 14:46:02  
drakefs said: »

Quote:
Before you try the "different person" excuse, yes, different people did different tasks, but the same *** approves them all
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-02 14:51:02  
We could have had a FF4 inspired fight where we fight Milon, Cagnazzo, Valvalis and Rubicante…instead we got an april fools post :(
First Page 2 3 ... 412 413 414 ... 433 434 435