フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 438 439 440 441
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-04 10:12:26  
...? 2 month cycles? They said these are one-time objectives in the monthly update.

And it's not just a matter of burning a mule to max level, you also need to beat every story in the entire game with it.

Quote:
This time, we will be adding a number of objectives related to Sortie. Although you can only complete each objective once..
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-04 10:23:33  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Burning a mule up to Sortie access would still be faster than the avg time it takes to roll a +2 earring lmao
By Seun 2024-07-04 10:40:28  
jubes said: »
Adding a few +2s to a shitty system doesn't make it any less shitty.

Mostly this. People hate Sortie, and now they're going to be expected to level and gear their mules so they can split farm for earrings. Gross.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-04 11:36:04  
Seun said: »
and now they're going to be expected to level and gear their mules so they can split farm for earrings.

Maybe if someone tells you that you need to finish all of Rhapsodies on a second character so you can get a single roll at a random +2 earring you should tell them to pound sand?

You guys need better friends.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-04 11:51:41  
How/why is anyone going to tell you to level/gear your mules for Sortie? If they want to go on their mule and be carried, it's totally your choice whether you want to participate. It's not like you can't bring your main and do better than a mule you would've leveled, anyway.

I don't see this as a real concern, even if the really sweaty tryhard wants to leech on their mule once every 2 weeks they can just miss out on one day's galli on their main if the group wants to put up with it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-04 11:55:13  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
...? 2 month cycles? They said these are one-time objectives in the monthly update.

And it's not just a matter of burning a mule to max level, you also need to beat every story in the entire game with it.

Quote:
This time, we will be adding a number of objectives related to Sortie. Although you can only complete each objective once..

Sortie is 8 hours a week at max and only 3 hours on the weekends when people generally want to binge. What are you doing with the rest of your play time if you're finished with everything else and only care about +2 earrings?

2 months is easy to do story lines if you're motivated. If you're not, you can be stuck anywhere in the missions forever. You can go a lot faster if you have a 2nd character who will help you. I think most of that is just waiting 45 days from creation to be able to do odyssey, if the gear is a basic requirement for being able to do the RoE.

and now they're going to be expected to level and gear their mules so they can split farm for earrings.

Maybe if someone tells you that you need to finish all of Rhapsodies on a second character so you can get a single roll at a random +2 earring you should tell them to pound sand?

Idk if your friends are so better then they won't mind cleaving dragons or monkeys for a couple hours total to get your character to max level. After that it's just clicking enter and moving your character 95% of the time. Idk why you don't want to be friends with people who want to do things on their free time that you don't want to do. It's a game. It's designed to waste time with other people.
--
I would infinitely prefer that they made the +2s tradeable but they want the extra monthly mule sub fees. AMAN and DM already proved that's what we'll tolerate and do, no turning back now.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-07-04 12:03:49  
ew sortie. Throw it in the trash *** event.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-04 12:19:18  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Idk why you don't want to be friends with people who want to do things on their free time that you don't want to do. It's a game. It's designed to waste time with other people.

Umm...that's not what I said?

I didn't say "If your friends are grinding mules and doing ROV on all their mules for an earring, you need better friends" I said (and you quoted):

This is incredibly obviously (since I also quoted him), responding to:

My point, which really should've been incredibly clear, was:
If your friends are "expecting you to level and gear your mules" then you need better friends. If someone tells you that they expect you to level your mules up and complete ROV to get a chance at an earring on that character to send to your "main" character, then they're an *** and you should tell them to *** off.

If you want to grind 31 mules up to 99 and do:
-Rank 6 home nation
-5 missions of RoZ
-11 missions of CoP
-11 missions of ToAU
-7 missions of WotG and 5 nation quests
-25 missions of Adoulin and the impreteur requirements to get through them
-93 missions of RoV

To get a +2 earring, go for it. If your group tells you that you have to do this, either once, once every 2 weeks, or once a month, you should tell them to *** off.

I also don't think that the above is even remotely close to the time it takes to get a +2 earring in Sortie (again, on average). I'd say getting 1/month is pretty average, if running daily. That's 30 hours. If you think you can do all of the above in 30 hours, you're insane.

edit: also, and this should have also been obvious from my previous statements: if you're also including gearing these mules to not be useless, you'll need to do that for every mule, starting from nothing each time. You also need to either pay another $1/month for them (and will eventually run out of slots) or you need to delete them after getting your +2 case. So a cycle (weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, whatever) involves starting over fresh from nothing for the next mule, no matter which path you take. It's certainly something you could do, but it will be an absolutely disgusting amount of work and anyone who tells you to do it can shove it right where it came from.
[+]
By Moonlightagb 2024-07-04 12:53:04  
Watch them make the requirement be "earn 10,000,000 gallimaufry"
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-04 13:26:14  
Moonlightagb said: »
Watch them make the requirement be "earn 10,000,000 gallimaufry"
This is the level of sadism I'm expecting. Thank you for orating it.

To get a +2 earring, go for it. If your group tells you that you have to do this, either once, once every 2 weeks, or once a month, you should tell them to *** off.

I also don't think that the above is even remotely close to the time it takes to get a +2 earring in Sortie (again, on average). I'd say getting 1/month is pretty average, if running daily. That's 30 hours. If you think you can do all of the above in 30 hours, you're insane.

Oh yeah, tell them to F OFF and pay your sub while they're at it since they're into that kind of ***.

If the RoE lets you pick the job you get a +2 on, it's a different story and would be a real deal. I think a monthly +2 earring rate is bit of generous evaluation for anyone but people already doing aminon every 2 days or better and RoEs are generally newer player friendly. I have a guy I've been running with since the beginning of the year and he has 0 +2 earrings. RNGesus be damned and all that, but I only have 6 and I had one of them before the beginning of year. My drop rate is above average in my group. We started doing Aminon this month.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-04 14:15:16  
The improm requirements makes it like 6 months to hit legend lol

Have fun leveling mules for a *** low aug smn+2 earring you simps who are doing this.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-04 14:52:51  
This is actually a genius plan.

An evil one

First they force you to level one 1$ mule for an extra roll on earring.

Then, you end doing that more 14 times.

Before you notice, youre already doing 16 primes simultaneously.

Im impressed by this, SE.

Well played
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-07-04 16:04:37  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
The improm requirements makes it like 6 months to hit legend lol

Have fun leveling mules for a *** low aug smn+2 earring you simps who are doing this.

Dunno what you're smoking, Legend is only for people who want Ygnas or ergon weapons. The requirements for Adoulin missions are, like... a week's worth, after the pioneering skill quests you'll have to do anyway to get anywhere on that misery of a continent.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-04 16:35:57  
I was at the gym, Sorry if I overshot the time requirement.

The point stands that there is still a time gating on SoA missions related to fame and imprimatur usage, that means its not getting done in one day. Its not getting done in a day regardless with all the waits. 1-6 has a small Imprim requirement, 1-8 has speculated 11 imprim + rank 9 fame requirement, 2-7-3 has a moderate requirement (30/rank9, 33/rank8, 51/rank2). No other known blocks.

I stand by what I said: have fun going through all that for a low aug SMN+2 earring you *** simps. That is 5x worse than leveling a mule for extra dark matter. Dark Matter mules can stop at RoV 3-1, which according to the mission list, needs zero SoA progress. Sortie needs all of RoV completed (if you dont have a DM mule, that still means all home nation, RotZ, CoP, ToAU, WotG missions needed for Reisenjima as well) and all of SoA.

"we dont have time for all these dailies, theres only 24 hours a day, why r u so mean SE, think about our free time"
>>levels 15 mules and rips them through portions of nation missions, RotZ, CoP, ToAU, WotG, all of SoA, all of RoV for a monthly chance at a +2 earring
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-04 17:03:42  
I was at the gym, Sorry if I overshot the time requirement.
Nah man, gym don't do that. That's all you.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-04 17:10:33  
I was at the gym, Sorry

Wut?

You prefer shaping your glutes over a good pointless discussion?

Dafuq
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-04 17:11:31  
While you bend over, your enemies are just there, checking your weak points
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-04 17:37:16  
for a monthly chance at a +2 earring

You must've been really busy at the gym.

It's not monthly. It's one-time.

If you want another RoE, you delete that mule and do all that ***all over again from the opening cutscene.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-04 18:05:41  
You must've been really busy at the gym.
I was, I dont like being fat, but I also like food, so I will sacrifice my free time instead of sacrificing my emotional health.

It's not monthly. It's one-time.
Thats even worse, because you know the "wah no respect for our free time" crybabies are the ones who will keep cycling through new chars for the +2 earring.
[+]
By Seun 2024-07-04 19:52:31  

"they"

We're talking about a game that's dead for all intents and people still RMT, bot and play it like they're trying to be competitive.

Do you play Sortie daily? Do you buy gil, bot or multibox? No offense to you, but if any of these answers are yes; you've already crossed the *** threshold. You're exactly the person who someone should be asking to go full degenerate split raid.
By Mrxi 2024-07-04 20:33:41  
Have already been doing this on 1 set of mules and it takes forever, been grinding my *** off like 3 months (was planing on aminon) and almost ready to enter. We need like 1 +2 case every day to make it worth it for just entering or even a +1 case maybe. maybe more like 2 weeks if you just want to enter if using all addons and bolters roll.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-05 05:30:00  
Quote:
Although you can only complete each objective once, you will be able to acquire +2 job-specific earrings from old cases +2.

As generous as it sounds, I'm expecting simple defeat enemy objectives. Old case for F1, Old case +1 for F2, Old case +2 for Aminon. If they're feeling really generous, could be Old Case for basic NMs, +1 for F1 bosses, +2 for F2 bosses and Aminon.
VIP
By Lili 2024-07-05 07:10:50  
It would be very nice if it were like Vagary

Chances are high, however, that it will probably be like Omen/Odyssey.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-05 09:09:04  
They did say they'd be one time each, so I don't think there's any chance of it being repeatable like Vagary. But, since the wording uses plural for both, it is feasible that there will be more than one non-repeatable objective that grants a free +2 earring.
[+]
By Felgarr 2024-07-05 11:00:42  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
They did say they'd be one time each, so I don't think there's any chance of it being repeatable like Vagary. But, since the wording uses plural for both, it is feasible that there will be more than one non-repeatable objective that grants a free +2 earring.

Do you think that repeatable, but only 1 old case +2 per month is too high? I personally think it's decent.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-07-05 11:15:41  
Y'all arguing about leveling new mules to repeat the ROE for another earring, and Thorny's just gonna find a way to reset the ROE and repeat it infinitely and not say jack ***to anybody. Lolol
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-07-05 11:23:43  
A monthly sortie obj would totally get me into sortie again, but from the way it's worded I'd say there's no chance for that to happen
Shame!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-05 11:30:42  
A monthly ROE is still way higher than the current rate of +2 earrings entering the system from everyones experiences.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-05 11:59:04  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Y'all arguing about leveling new mules to repeat the ROE for another earring, and Thorny's just gonna find a way to reset the ROE and repeat it infinitely and not say jack ***to anybody. Lolol

Very unlikely for that to be possible, would've found it for Vagary or other useful ROE already. I have all the mission lines and new character stuff automated, so I could effortlessly churn out new mules if I wanted.

But, I don't care to grind Sortie for primes or earrings as it is anyway. It's tedious for the sake of being tedious, and the only reason to do it would be to try to beat the new MT. Not good enough for me.

I do think there's something hypocritical about people who are not regularly killing Aminon complaining about earrings. The difference between a group doing Aminon regularly and one not is colossal in terms of +1 cases. The rates are bad, but they're a whole lot worse when you pass up a guaranteed case+1 every day(or 2 out of 3 days or every other day or whatever, if your group can't 9/9).
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-07-05 12:23:57  
you know for a bunch of folks who complain about how little content-wise SE will ever give us again as the game dies, the complaints about SE not giving us enough as gifts and freebies sure do pile up fast...

Oh Noes, I can't get the super over-powered new gear fast enough to help me beat the content that existed for 2 years prior to the appearance of said new gear! How Ever will I beat it? SE clearly doesn't want me to succeed!!!!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 438 439 440 441