Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 439 440 441
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-05 12:30:33  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
you know for a bunch of folks who complain about how little content-wise SE will ever give us again as the game dies, the complaints about SE not giving us enough as gifts and freebies sure do pile up fast...

Oh Noes, I can't get the super over-powered new gear fast enough to help me beat the content that existed for 2 years prior to the appearance of said new gear! How Ever will I beat it? SE clearly doesn't want me to succeed!!!!

Its because they just want the prize, not the cereal. No matter how they make it look.

Never be happy, never be satisfied, always begrudged behavior.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-05 13:00:44  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Never be happy, never be satisfied, always begrudged behavior.

Are you describing yourself?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-07-05 13:04:28  
So what is the proposed requirements for this +2 case?

Ok found it
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61899

Hmm the wording is interesting, some might be one and done but they are also updating monthly. Might end up with a RoE objective that enables a monthly one? We'll have to see. One and done is kinda useless since there are what, 22 jobs?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-05 13:05:12  
All of human interactions, so yes and no

The reason why it's the pursuit of happiness, not actual happiness. It's impossible, only temporary.

You want, you chase, you get(or give up), you seek new chase. Forever.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-05 13:23:50  
Panta: “stop making fun of Eiryl”

Also panta when he has a chance to make fun of Eiryl:
[+]
By Seun 2024-07-05 13:52:56  
Asura.Saevel said: »
So what is the proposed requirements for this +2 case?

Well they said "cases +2" in their notes so anyone's guess really. NQ and +1 are rarely ever rewarding, so I'd hope that all the rewards are +2 cases.

Based on Odyssey RoE objectives it would probably be 1 for top floor boss, 1 for basement boss and 1 for aminon.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-07-05 14:00:20  
Looking at Vagery, which Sortie is based on, the first set is "one and done", but that unlocks the weekly objectives for killing the bosses.
By Meeble 2024-07-05 14:16:25  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Hmm the wording is interesting, some might be one and done but they are also updating monthly. Might end up with a RoE objective that enables a monthly one? We'll have to see. One and done is kinda useless since there are what, 22 jobs?

"Update monthly objectives" is updating the deeds objectives, it's in the patch notes every month(except that one time during COVID).

Patch Notes said:
Records of Eminence
This time, we will be adding a number of objectives related to Sortie. Although you can only complete each objective once, you will be able to acquire +2 job-specific earrings from old cases +2. So remember to set your objectives so that you don't miss out!

How much copium do you need to read that and think "they could be repeatable"?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-05 14:51:08  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Panta: “stop making fun of Eiryl”

Also panta when he has a chance to make fun of Eiryl:

He knows Im not making fun of him, Im just gently teasing him a little, here and there
By Pantafernando 2024-07-05 14:53:46  
The difference betweem a caress and a slap is only intensity.
 Asura.Bronzequadav
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-07-05 14:55:59  
Makes zero sense to add one time RoEs that aren't at least monthly if the boxes are still going to be standard rng generated earrings. (not saying that's not what they are doing, just that its beyond stupid)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-05 15:06:36  
They said "cases" because "you" is plural.

Although you (plural) can only complete each objective once, you (plural) will be able to acquire +2 job-specific earrings from old cases +2. So remember to set your (plural) objectives so that you (plural) don't miss out!

Could also be multiple RoE (each single completion) that each give a +2 case, therefore cases is plural, but they're not repeatable.

They would not say "you can only complete each objective once" if they were planning to make them repeatable.
 Bahamut.Kaius
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kaius 2024-07-05 15:07:23  
Asura.Bronzequadav said: »
Makes zero sense to add one time RoEs that aren't at least monthly if the boxes are still going to be standard rng generated earrings. (not saying that's not what they are doing, just that its beyond stupid)

As someone who's approaching 15 million total muffins earned, including many many aminons, and a single +2 earring (SMN!), I'm going to have to beg to differ. It's a small merciful bone for people who are sitting firmly on the left hand side of the luck bell-curve.
[+]
By Seun 2024-07-05 15:23:59  
Bahamut.Kaius said: »
As someone who's approaching 15 million total muffins earned, including many many aminons, and a single +2 earring (SMN!), I'm going to have to beg to differ. It's a small merciful bone for people who are sitting firmly on the left hand side of the luck bell-curve.

Wait, you've grinded 15M muffins and only have a single +2 earring to show for it? Nah, you're meaning a single +2 with max augs?
 Bahamut.Kaius
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kaius 2024-07-05 15:48:47  
Seun said: »

Wait, you've grinded 15M muffins and only have a single +2 earring to show for it? Nah, you're meaning a single +2 with max augs?

No, just a single solitary earring with a blue border.
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
サーバ: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-07-05 15:55:17  
"Functioning as intended" ~ SE
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-05 16:07:04  
22 RoE:
"defeat aminion on [job]"
reward: +2 earring of [job] (lowest roll)

honestly, absolute banger reward.

Wont happen though.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-05 16:18:39  

Apparently RNGesus hasn't been enough of a son of a *** to you on this game. Max augments!? HA! Legit sorry you haven't gotten more Kaius.

Seriously, everyone post if you have ANY MAX augment +2 earrings and how many total +2s you have and if you have multiples of the same job, fun arbitrary polling while we argue about what the patch notes mean for the next 5 days.

I have no max augments out of 6 +2s and of those 2 are DRK and 2 are MNK.
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-07-05 16:19:36  
I pray for lolz that one of the objectives is "Open Chest #F".
By Meeble 2024-07-05 16:44:49  
Asura.Bronzequadav said: »

Pure speculation, but it seems like players suggest things to fix a perceived issue with the game, and lately SE has been trying to add those suggestions in a way that doesn't address the pain points they were originally suggested to improve.

Players: Sortie earring RNG is awful, maybe SE could add some RoE's to fix it!
SE: The players want sortie earring RoE's, but earring RNG is perfect already; We'll have to make it a one-time reward.

Players: It's hard for new players to earn segments, maybe SE could fix it with an Odyssey campaign.
SE: The players want an Odyssey campaign, but we don't want to make earning segments too easy...

Players: We're bored and want new content/gear, maybe SE could copy/pasta Beseiged as something new to do......
SE: The players want regular Beseiged to be more of a challenge; Please look forward to it!
[+]
By syllreve 2024-07-05 16:45:41  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Seriously, everyone post if you have ANY MAX augment +2 earrings and how many total +2s you have and if you have multiples of the same job, fun arbitrary polling while we argue about what the patch notes mean for the next 5 days.

A bit over 13M galli, and I've got two +2 earrings to my name. Both minimum rolls. They're different jobs at least...
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-07-05 16:46:15  
no max aug'd +2 earrings.

But i did get 3 WHM+2 earrings mid augs in a row. Was a funny joke SE played on me. I envision a GM stalking me, and pressing the WHM+2 button just as i popped each case, and him having a laugh.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-07-05 17:20:57  
Around 11m Galli here before I got burned out (it includes the Empy+3s I got of course) and saw 6x +2 earrings.
2x PLD
2x DRG
1x BRD
1x COR

All are min rolls, and I don't have DRG or PLD geared/levelled up.
I didn't have COR levelled either but when it dropped I already had the intention to gear it up, so I took the chance and did it. It's ML22 atm.

Another big issue with the earrings is that the chance to get one of the basic jobs earring (no matter if NQ, HQ1 or HQ2) is much higher than getting any of the other earrings, and that's quite a shame I gotta say. You would have expected even rates, but nope. Wonder if this was intentional on SE's side or not.
By Seun 2024-07-05 17:32:11  

Actually, I guess it makes sense. If you're focusing muffins then you're probably getting less chances at stones/cases. I have a fraction of the muffins you have, but you have a fraction of the earrings I have.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-05 17:47:56  
If you are "focusing muffins" you are killing bosses which have a higher chance at stones/cases than caskets/coffers.
[+]
By Seun 2024-07-05 18:21:42  
The odds aren't that much higher that they couldn't be overcome by attempts. RNG be like that.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-05 18:56:53  
Little over 23m muffins, 11 +2 earrings, 1 with max rolls.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-05 19:07:23  

Actually, I guess it makes sense. If you're focusing muffins then you're probably getting less chances at stones/cases. I have a fraction of the muffins you have, but you have a fraction of the earrings I have.

Only if you're doing more total chests and bosses than him. Otherwise he's getting screwed, because he's 100% getting screwed with those numbers.

If you're doing 8 bosses and get all the minibosses for the gold chest upstairs, you're doing 8 bosses, 4 + 1 mini boss chests, 2 blue A chests, 2 blue B chests, 1 F, 1 G, and 1 H. So 20. Maybe 3 less if C or D mini boss is being annoying or you run out of time before you re-enter H.

Are you doing more than 17 drops to validate the idea that, you're doing a different strategy? Or are you just poorly rationalizing that your good luck and his ***luck has something to do with controllable effort?
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-07-05 19:14:17  
It helps if you just stop caring about +2 earrings lol works for me! But I also stopped caring about muffins... so yeah there's that haha. Sortie in general from the beginning never intrigued me nearly as much as Odyssey. Completing Odyssey gave me a more rewarding "gamer" experience than Sortie ever will. I made a Stage 4 weapon and a bunch of +3 gear and haven't done much since so the idea of gaining even a couple extra +2 earrings without very much effort is definitely appealing. I'll count it as a win SE, Thanks!
By Taint 2024-07-05 19:14:48  
My sortie mate saved up 71 +1 cases and burned them all at once. Ended up with 1 +2.

I have 4 +2s. (SAM,THF,WHM,BLM) 3 and 4 were almost a year apart. 0/50+ since getting the BLM. Its a terrible system looking forward to any assistance from ROEs they offer.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 439 440 441